Chapter Ten

At seeing the blonde, both Buffy and Spike went still, holding onto Dawn, but Spike couldn’t help but reply, “It’s Spike now, you know that.”

The woman smiled, her golden eyes gleaming, “I don’t like it. It just seems a little unorthodox.”

“He’s reformed,” Buffy replied and glared. “What are you doing in Sunnydale?”

“You‘re wearing normal clothing now? Last time I saw you, you were wearing catholic school girl clothing and before that was the corsets and long skirts,” Spike was also glaring. “What are you doing here, Darla?”

Darla’s grin grew wider, showing of her fangs, “I just thought I’d stop and see my two favorite humans,” She then took a sniff and her golden eyes looked at them hungrily. “My two favorite Slayers.”

Buffy turned to Dawn. “Do not move at all.”

“I suggest you leave.” Spike growled.

Two vampires came up beside Darla, “Now why would I want to do that. You both make the perfect main course with the young girl a side.”

“Not to eat, your William…” Another voice murmured.

“Drusilla, why don’t you go back,” Darla looked to where the voice came from. “You’re not feeling well tonight.”

The raven haired beauty glided out of the shadows. “Hmmm. The stars, mummy, they speak of things about your William.”

Spike grimaced. “Spike.”

Drusilla nodded. “William… the Bloody.”

“William the Bloody?” Buffy arched a perfect eyebrow.

“It’s the name the Watchers Council and the demon community gave me after my… uh… stunt with the vampires.” Spike told her.

Darla then smiled. “Yes, such a beautiful sight. You’d make a good vampire.”

Spike folded his arms over his chest. “Well, you did miss the nightmare episode in town.”

“No, Spike will walk in darkness…” Dru began to twirl around. “Only, who will be the… hmmm… maybe mummy?”

Buffy stepped in front of Spike. “Not on my watch.”

“Buffy?” Spike wondered.

Darla looked between Dru and Buffy, her eyes narrowing. Then, as if realizing something, the blonde vampiress pounced, causing the four vampires and the two Slayers to begin fighting.

“Dawn, run!” Buffy shouted, to which her sister obeyed, taking off into the direction of Revello Drive.

“Slayer!” One of the two vampires grinned.

“Slayee!” Buffy countered as she sent a kick to the vampire’s chest.

“You shouldn’t have come back here.” Spike said as he sent a series of punches to Darla’s face.

Darla laughed. “Awe, I just want to see you, Willy.”

Spike grimaced. “It’s Spike!” He yelled, kicking her so hard she landed on the ground.

Buffy stake one of the minions, and as the dust settled, there stood Drusilla.

“Look at me, Dearie.” The black haired vampiress said in a melodic voice, waving two extended fingers before Buffy's eyes and began to hypnotize her.

The second minion pounced on top of Spike, holding him down as Darla began her assault on the male Slayer.

Dru swayed back and forth a bit with Buffy following her every move to stay in contact with the vampire’s eyes.

Spike broke away, sending a backwards punch to the minion and a kick to Darla. As the minion got up to lunge for him, he pulled out a stake a thrust it into the heart of the vampire.

Drusilla extended out the fingers of her right at her side, watching Buffy’s every move, her eyes never leaving the girl’s. Looking over to see how his love was fairing, Spike’s eyes widened in horror to se Buffy under Drusilla’s thrall.

Dru smiled evilly as she swung her hand p to slice Buffy’s neck, but missed due to Spike tackling the blonde to the ground.

“Bad Willy.” Dru pouted and looked to her Sire who looked worse for wear.

“Come on, Dru. We’ll get another change.” Darla grabbed her Childe’s hand and took into the darkness.

Spike looked down at Buffy, reaching to her and stoked the side of her face gently with his hand. “Luv, you okay?”

Buffy then opened her eyes, seeing concern blue ones filling her vision. “What happened?”

“Dru… she hypnotized you.” he told her, getting up and helping the blonde to her feet.

She sighed. “Well, that explains why I feel a little weird.”

He nodded. “Let’s get home and see if Dawn is okay.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Dawn!” Both Spike and Buffy called out as soon as they got home, locking the door behind them.

“Buffy! Spike!” Dawn ran down the stairs. “You both are wet. Are you both okay? You’re not hurt.”

“Just a little rain,” Spike went to close the blinds and curtains. “We’re fine. Buffy, luv, make sure all the fire alarms are workin’. Just because they can’t come inside, doesn’t mean they can’t force us outside.”

“Okay.” Buffy nodded and set off to do her task.

“What do you want me to do?” Dawn wanted to know.

“Where’s Da and Joyce?”

“Giles went to the school library to get some books and mom’s on her way home from work.”

“And the gang?”

“Made it home, safe and sound.”

“Then why don’t you go to bed, Nibblet,” Spike then gave her a hug. “It’s gonna be a long night; one of us has to do the sleepin’.”

Feeling defeated, Dawn still did as she was told. “Goodnight, Spike. Goodnight, Buffy!”

“Goodnight!” Buffy called out, having heard her sister.

Upon hearing her voice, Spike went to find Buffy upstairs.

He watched her check the last fire alarm. “How are you holdin’ up, luv?”

“Well, let’s see,” Buffy folded her arms over her chest. “I come home to find out that you’re a Slayer and Sunnydale is a Hellmouth, I hear your story and the prophesy of you becoming a vampire-”

Spike arched an eyebrow. “Do what?”

“Perhaps, we should sit down and have a chat.” Spike and Buffy turned to see Giles and Joyce standing on top of the stairs.

Spike nodded and went to follow his parents, but Buffy stopped him, grabbing his arm. He turn to see her eyes brimming with tears, the Slayer gone in place of the girl he once knew. “Spike… we could have… you, Dawn… I…”

Spike gathered her in a hug. “But we didn’t. We’re goin’ to be alright.”