Chapter Eleven

“Bloody hell!” Buffy awoke to the curse from across the hallway, then rolled over in her bed, wanting to go back to sleep, but her eye caught her alarm clock.

“Oh, crap.” It was 7:35! She had ten minutes till school would start! She definitely was going to be late.

As she got out of bed to retrieve clothes for her shower, she heard water running in the adjoining bathroom.

“Why do I have to share a shower with the Oh-Bleached-One?” Buffy inwardly cursed as she headed down the stairs to the other bathroom that was next to Dawn’s bedroom.

Five minutes later, she left the bathroom, wearing a pink spaghetti-strapped tank top, a blue mini skirt, and pink flip flops. Her golden blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, with her long bangs tucked behind her ears. She headed towards her sister’s room, and saw Spike leaving her destination.

He was ready to go as she was, wearing the usual black T-shirt with an open red button down and tight black denim jeans, under his black duster. As usual, his bleached blonde hair was gelled back. Not to mention his black Doc Martins.

“Is Dawn up?” Buffy asked him.

“Lil’ Bit has already gone off to school. Runnin’ late for once?” Spike grinned, eyeing her up and down, feeling his tight black jeans become tighter and was thankful that she couldn’t see his erection due to wearing the duster. “Mornin’ cutie.” his smirk was greeted with a eye roll.

“My alarm clock didn’t go off,” She told him. “And how are you wearing those clothes? Aren’t you dieing of the heat? It has to be almost a hundred degrees already, despite it being morning.”

“The heat doesn’t bother me,” he said, then leered. “Those clothes are very becoming on you. Of course if I was on you I’d be coming too.”

It took her a second to get the innuendo, then she let out a shout of laugher, “God, Spike. Do you actually use those lame pick up lines?”

Spike grinned, “No. I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get out of you. Pretty much what I expected.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Buffy asked as they left the house.

“Stop at the Espresso Pump, grab quick brekkies, an’ get to school.” he told her.

“Good idea.”

After they stopped at the Espresso Pump, they went straight to Sunnydale High School, going to their lockers and heading to their first period classes.

“So, what happened last night?” Willow asked, when Buffy sat down after getting a short reprimand from the teacher.

“Darla showed up back and town with some loony vampire,” Buffy replied. “So, now because of some psychic power of Miss Loony Toons, Darla knows about Spike destined to become a walking dead.”

“You don’t think she’ll… you know?” Tara asked in a hushed whisper.

Buffy sighed. “I don’t know.”

Across the hall, in Chemistry, Spike was wondering the same thing.

“I’m sure it will be fine. We always figure stuff out.” Xander told his best friend.

“And if all else fails, we’ll just stake the bitch.” Angel nodded.

“It’s just… I had a Slayer dream, last night.” Spike told them.

The door burst open to Spike’s room, causing him to look up from his magazine, the Sex Pistols playing from his stereo. The young woman stood in the doorway wearing a silk pink tank top and pink flannel pajama pants. Her golden hair was mused from being in bed and her arms were crossed over her chest, enhancing his view of her cleavage. Her green eyes were scowling menacingly at him…

“Did you give her orgasms?” Anya interrupted his story, and received glares from all three males. “What?”

“What did I do now?” Spike answered to Buffy’s glaring.

“Turn the music down first.” she replied.

He lowered it as she commanded, then stood up to her, “That alright, Princess?”

“Thank you,” her face was for once unreadable. “I want to know why you took Dawn on patrol last night.”

He had no idea what she was talking about, but he found himself answering, “She wanted to hang out with me. Talk about her friends an’ other things.”

“It’s too dangerous out there at night.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“How can you say that? You’re more vulnerable than ever-”

He pulled her flush against his body. “I’m not. I am more powerful than-”

“Let go of me Spike.” Buffy glared at him.

His face shifted, his eyes turning yellow, his brow ridged, and his fangs long. “Make me.”

He then smashed his mouth to hers, kissing her possessively.

“Spike…” Buffy moans when he let go long enough for her to breathe.

“You are mine.” He growled, kissing her again, then thrusting his fangs into her throat.


“An’ then I woke up.” Spike told them, then thought, Some bloody dream.

To accompany his sped up heart rate and headache from his hangover, he had a hard-on. It was a good thing Buffy hadn’t walked in on him in the shower. Then again, if she had, he could see himself pulling her in the shower with him. Just the though of it had him go hard again. He pulled his duster over himself.

“Now, when you say you kissed her-” Angel went to ask, but was interrupted.

“A hard, passionate kiss. Bodies against each other, tongues duelin’- you get the bloody picture?” Spike said exasperated.

“I think he was meaning the whole ‘Grr-Arg’ thing.” Xander explained.

Spike sat back. “Oh.”

Anya leaned over her desk. “Well, did you like it?”

“What do you think?” Spike gave her an idiotic look.

“She was meaning the bite.” Angel responded.

Spike squirmed in his seat. “I don’t know… but… I don’t want to be a vampire. Remember, it was my nightmare.”

“But if you remember correctly, you did like the thrill it gave you.” Xander pointed out.

Spike sighed. “Well this is bloody fantastic. Not only do I have to worry about Darla being back in town, bringing along family, but I also have to worry about a prophesy that may cause me to become a vampire.”

“Oh, and don’t forget Parent Teacher Night.” Anya reminded him.

Spike groaned, putting his hands on his face.