Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I haven't been with the updates. I went to see my brother for Thanksgiving, which by they way, I hope all of you who celebrate the holiday had a great time. For those of you who don't, I hope you still had a great weekend :)
Chapter Twelve

“You had a Slayer dream and you didn’t tell me?” Buffy narrowed her eyes at the peroxide blonde as they entered the gym with their friends, wearing the Sunnydale gym uniform.

“I hardly think you would want to know about it.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“I think I would. I am the Slayer after all,” she crossed her arms over her chest.

Spike leaned towards her. “I was the Chosen One first.”

“God, you both are, like, acting like your both five.” Cordy said, flipping her hair away from her face.

Xander put a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Trust me when I say, you don’t want to know.”

“How come-” Buffy went to say but was interrupted.

“Besides, if Spike wants to dream about kiss-” Anya was then interrupted by Buffy.

“Okay! I don’t want to know!”

“Fitness test today, class!” The gym teacher said, blowing a whistle. “Chose a partner, then get to your assigned spots.”

“What’s the activities?” Willow asked.

“The mile, sit-ups, and push-ups.” The teacher said.

“So, Spike, you think you can get a better score than me this time?” Buffy folded her arms over her chest.

Spike sauntered closer to her, giving her a sly grin. “The last time I checked, we were tied an’ held the school records.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Buffy said innocently. “What I meant was, can you keep up with me?”

“Oh, I can keep up with you. The question is can you keep up with me, baby?”

The look in his eyes made her shiver. “You’re a pig.”

Spike winked, “Oink, oink.”

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. How about this; who ever wins is the best Slayer.”

“Buffy, I don’t think that’s a great ide-” Angel was interrupted by his cousin.

“What does the winner get?” Spike wanted to know.

“What do you mean? The winner is stated as the best Slayer.” Buffy told him.

“Come on, luv, there’s got to a better bet than that. I’m not exposing my supernatural self for no-”

“Fine, then state your terms.”

“If I win, you have to let me take you out on a date.”

“No! Are you kidding me?”

“Fine, if you’re scared-”

“We’ll hang out,” Buffy clarified. “Not a date.”

Spike shrugged. “Fine, if that will help you sleep better at night.”

Buffy nodded. “And my terms…” An ‘evil’ grin spread across her face. “You have to show me what’s in that box you keep under your bed.”

Spike knew what she was talking about, but didn’t want to chance it. “You mean my box of porn?”

“Eww!” she grimaced, earning a laugh from all the guys, but they, except Spike, stopped the moment she glared in their direction. “No. The box that has a lock on it.”

“Buffy!” Spike actually whined.

“Deal or no deal,” she tilted her head.

“Fine,” he gave in, then shook her hand.

Buffy huffed and went to her assigned spot on the gym floor, “I swear, one of theses days.”

“I guess Spike will always be Spike.” Willow told her, smiling at both of her friends’ antics.

“Begin with the sit-ups, then have your partner come to me. Then, switch places.” The teacher blew his whistle to begin the test.

As Willow counted in her head, she decided to speak up, “Uh, Buffy? Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, there have been students here in the past to do some evil deeds and showing yourself-”

“I’m not.” Buffy said as the teacher blew the whistle blew the whistle to end the minute sit-up test. She stood up from her spot on the floor. “A little fitness test won’t show I’m the Slayer and it’s not like I’ve been doing so much training that I’ll be able to break world records. How many sit ups did I do?”

“You did three hundred sit-ups,” Willow said, raising an eyebrow. “I think that’s a world record.”

“I’m sure someone in the military could do them,” Buffy put her hands on her hips. “Besides, Spike and I got 125 the last test we took.”

“Buffy, the maximum score for both males and females in the military are 78 sit ups,” Willow reasoned. “For two minutes, and granted some can possibly do more. But, you did an extra 175.”

“Don’t worry, Wills. I’m sure stranger things have happened in Sunnydale.”

The red head couldn’t argue to that.

“How many did I do?” Spike stood up, asking Gunn.

“Three hundred. Pretty good, man. I think you kinda beat your and Buffy’s old record.” Xander smiled.

“Hell yeah! By a hundred seventy five,” Spike smirked. “You sure you counted right?”

“Hey, scout’s honor.”

“Okay then.”

After the next group did their sit-ups it was time for push ups.

“Buffy, you ready for these?” Spike said as the first group went into position.

He knew these were hard for her. She had had a hard time with the push ups during the physical fitness test last year, but had kept up and finished with the same amount he had done. Then again, she was a Slayer now.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Buffy shot back, with a grin of her own.
They began their push ups, looking at each other. Buffy found herself watching Spike’s muscles flex and work.

“Like what you see, pet?”

She looked to his eyes to see them burning on her form. She felt herself go red and it wasn’t from the exercise.

“Nothing I haven’t seen before.” Buffy retorted.

“And you liked it then.”

The whistle blew for the push-ups to end.

“Three hundred.” Both Gunn and Willow told their partners.
Two minutes later, both Buffy and Spike were done with their fitness test, having finished the mile.

“I’m thinkin’ we can’t do that again, for fear of getting caught.” Spike told Buffy as they headed towards the locker rooms.

“You would think so,” Buffy thought about their current predicament. “So, what do you think Darla and Drusilla is up to?”

“I’m not sure but-”

“Oh, look its Loser,” An annoying voice interrupted. “And to think, I was hoping I’d never have to see you again.”

Buffy and Spike turned around only to glare as Glory Star walked up to them.

“Glory, go away.” Buffy told the permed red head with a glare.

“Hey, you’re blocking my way to class. Why don’t you lose a couple pounds?” Glory narrowed her eyes.

Spike saw the hurt look in Buffy’s eyes before he rounded on the less popular cheerleader, “You're an idiotic bitch.”

“What!?” Glory was thrown off on what Spike was saying. He was defending Buffy? Sure, he had started acting like a freak, but he was still accepted in the popular crowd on account of Angel and Cordy. And he was named one of the hottest in the school.

“I had no idea that cheerleaders could be such prancin’ lightweights.”

Glory scoffed at him in disbelief, “Compared to you, I am a god in this school.”

“The god of what, bad home perms?” Spike glared.

Buffy stood off watching the display, too shocked to speak.

“Shut up!” Glory took a few steps toward him, patting her hair. “Shut up!”

“Yeah, okay, sorry,” Spike did look genuinely sorry until he narrowed his eyes. “But I wouldn’t put it past Buffy to kick your skanky, lopsided ass,” As he said this Glory checked out her behind in dismay. “Now, why don’t you go run along to whatever class that would take a,” He sized her up. “Cheap, whorish, fashion victim cheerleader like you.”

Glory spun around in a huff, and a little hurt, to go to her class by a different hallway.

Spike turned around to see a bewildered Buffy, “Who are you and what have you done with Spike Giles?”

He titled his head, “She had no right to say that to you. You’re one of the thinnest people I know, an’ you’re over a thousand times prettier than she is.” He then grinned. “An’ you know how I feel about you.”

While she felt a faint blush creep into her face, she didn’t want to make any comment on their current, confusing relationship. “I seem to remember you calling me a bitch and saying I have bad hair.”

He moved closer to her and tucked a golden lock of hair behind her ear, “Was just frustrated-”

“Spike-” Buffy was interrupted as Spike continued on and watched as his cerulean blue eyes darkened.

“’Cause the first time I laid eyes on you I wanted you, an’ it always makes me frustrated that I can’t have you ‘cause you won’t let me.” His baritone voice had become a whisper, almost a caress.

Buffy turned to the girls’ locker room door, “I’m going to change. See you later.”

Spike just shook his head. She was running off again, fighting the attraction they had for each other.