Chapter Twenty

There was a fraction of a second where Buffy and the vampires just stared at each other, waiting to see who would make the first move, the ‘shot heard ‘round the world’. Buffy paused. Since when did history class stick in her mind. It must have been an insane thought due to her mounting fear. And as Buffy would have guessed it, the first vampire to make the attack was the one that gave her a clue about the prophesy.

“Bad Sunshine!” Drusilla shrieked, lunging for the blonde Slayer. “You can’t keep William from us!”

Out of a moment of desperation, Buffy grabbed a random chair that was in the lounge and threw it at the crazy vampiress, tripping her up. Buffy then preceded to run back to her mom, took the elder Summer’s hand, and preceded to run out into the hall and towards the right, only to change their course to left when the Slayer saw vampires coming in that direction.

Still in the lounge and enraged by Buffy flight, Darla grabbed on of her minions. “Go get that bitch!”

People were running around screaming, panicked for their lives, and Buffy saw that in this situation, it would be easy pickings for the vamps with people not being calm and thinking clearly. “Everybody, this way!”

She stopped for a brief moment to shove a cleaning cart into the two vampires chasing the group with her, hoping to buy them time to find a safe secure area.

Willow and Cordellia were running out of the lounge and nearly tripped over the fallen vamps. They went to go to the right, but suddenly Cordellia was grabbed by a vampire, causing her to scream.

“Hey!” Willow grabbed a bust from a display pedestal and swung hard at the vampire’s face knocking him of her friend’s girlfriend. She then grabbed the captain cheerleader’s hand. “Here.” She said before them pulled them both into a closet.

Giles and the rest of the Scoobies ran out of the library out into the hall to see what was all the commotion.

“What the bloody hell…?!” Giles exclaimed, seeing as Buffy’s group running towards them.

“Darla and Drusilla with an army! Look out!” Buffy yelled. “Willow and Cordellia ran the other way!”

The Scoobies ran back into the library after fighting off a vampire and slammed the door shut, locking it. Meanwhile, Buffy opened the door to the science classroom. They barricade the door with a storage cabinet, hoping to keep the vampires out.

“Who are those people?” One of the men in the group asked, his voice laced with fear. “What do they want?”

“They’re-” Joyce went to inform him but Snyder interrupted her.
“Yes! PCP! It's a gang on PCP!” The principal paused, desperation overcoming him as he grabbed a desk, sat it in front of a window and started to climb. “We've gotta get out of here.”

“You can't go outside!” Buffy shouted at him. “They'll kill you!”

“You don't tell me!” Snyder snapped. “I tell you!”

“They will kill everybody in this room,” Buffy pulled him down. “Nobody goes out, nobody comes in until I say so. Do you hear me?”

Snyder narrowed his eyes. “Who do you think you are?”

“I'm the one that knows how to stop them,” she said calmly, then looked up and walked across the room, trying to find a way into the ceiling.

Joyce grabs her by the shoulders. “Buffy, are you crazy? You know what they did to Spike. You can't go out there.”

“I’m the only one here that can end this,” the teen grabbed a stool and sat it on a lab table, then climbed up and push the ceiling panel aside. She looked down to her mother and gave the older woman a soft smile. “Don’t worry, Mom.”

Tuning away form the phone after seeing that the lines have been cut, Giles looked around the library. “Wait… there’s an old boarded up-cellar behind the stacks.” He turned to Xander. “You can get out of the school that way. Spike should be across the courtyard, in the old auditorium. There’s a projection room there that would have given him plenty of darkness away from the sunlight around campus earlier today. Go get him.”

Xander titled his head. “How do you know he’ll be there?”

Giles gave Xander a look. “You think I don’t know where his hiding spot from class and training is?”

Xander nodded and made his way to go get his best friend.

Darla and Drusilla stood in the hallway, next to Willow and Cordellia’s hiding spot, trying their best to find the female Slayer.

“Suuunshiiiiine!” Dru called out. “Where are you? I want to play!”

Hearing Buffy’s friend’s frantic heart beats and practically smelling their fear, Darla went to bust the door, but was stopped when Dru grabbed her arm. “What Dru?”

Dru put a finger to her lips. “Mummy, listen…” They paused listening to Buffy crawling above them, making her way towards the library. Drusilla laughed and began to dance. “Someone's in the ceeeeeiling! Little pitter patter, cakes for us!”

In the library, Giles stuffed stakes into his jacket pockets as Angel grabbed a battle-ax from the table.

“Hey!” Gile’s best friend Jenny made a dash to stand in their way. “What are you doing?”

“I’m not sitting around here, while my girlfriend and my friends are in danger!” Angel frowned.

“Listen! I am the Watcher and her step-father!” Giles exclaimed worriedly. “My wife is also out there! I am responsible for them, and I have, I have to go!” He began to push things aside with Angel.

“Rupert! Angel!” Jenny shouted causing them both to pause.

“Be careful.” Anya added.

“W-we’ll push e-everything back as soon a-as you both-” Tara was interrupted by Buffy falling from the ceiling, dropping to the floor, the loud crash causing the females to step back in surprise with both men lifting their weapons.

“Buffy!” Anya rushed to her cousin, helping her up. “You’re alright!”

Giles lowered the stake in his hand. “How are the others?”

Buffy shrugged out of her outer sweater. “Principal Snyder, my mother and four others are locked in the science room across the hall,” she put on Xander’s bag that was full of vampire weapons. “I don't know if they're... Where's Xander?”

“He got out through the stacks,” Angel told her. “He's getting Spike.”

Xander and Spike made their way across the courtyard only pausing for a moment when they saw a man lying dead on the grass.

“Huh,” Spike commented “Must have tried to escaped through the science class window.”

“So, um…” Xander began hesitantly. “You got a plan?” When he was greeted with silence he looked up to see his best friend in game face. He shrieked very much like a girl when Spike roared and grabbed him by the throat. “Good plan.” The brunette wheezed as the peroxide Slayer dragged him into the building.