Author's Chapter Notes:
I want to thank everyone who have continued to read the story and I enjoy all the reviews :)
Chapter Twenty Eight

“…Oh, be still my heart, cute and bad.” Justin was saying as he and Dawn were walking together down the street.

“Yeah,” she said, hugging herself because of the chill in the sudden wind. “Bad to the bone.”

“More like frozen! Here.” He said, taking off his Sunnydale High School letterman jacket and put it around Dawn's shoulders.

“Thanks.” Dawn smiled.

“My pleasure, Miss Summers.” He smiled back as they gazed into each other’s eyes.

“Hey,” Janice appeared behind them, interrupting ’the moment’. “Where's Zack?”

“He went to get the car,” he replied, a little annoyed.

Dawn grinned, delighted. “You guys got a car?”

Down the street, Zack pulled a woman out of her car, dropping to the pavement, unconscious due to the severe bite marks on her neck.

“Thanks for the ride!” Zack grinned as he got into the drivers seat, the tires squealing as he drove in the direction of his friends.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The old lady looked into her empty candy bucket and looked back to Willow and Tara’s group. “Oh, dear! Am I all out?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ethan raised his head, grinning. “Showtime!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“I could've sworn I had more candy,” the old lady muttered.

The kid that was wearing a red rubber cap with horns morphed into a horned, red skinned monster.

“I'm sorry, mister monster,” the old lady bended down. “Maybe I…”


The kid with the green mask, who had changed into a monster also, grabbed the lady by the neck and began to choke her. The other kids screamed and ran away.

“No!” Tara yelled out as she and her girlfriend rushed over.

“Let her go!” Willow shouted.

The red monster attacked the green one, causing him to let go of the lady. The two monsters were at each other's throats.

“Stop! What're you doing?!” Tara frowned, trying to get a hold of them.

The old lady ran into the safety of her home, slamming the door shut.

“Stop! Hey!” Willow tried to help her girlfriend, but they kept fighting.

Willow then paused, looking to Tara, suddenly feeling weak.

In the street, Xander was standing with Anya, watching all the parents and children running around them, unsure about what was going on and looking for their group, which the children had run off. There was the sound of things are being thrown and windows being broken.

On the porch, Willow staggered back as the two monsters continued fighting and where forgotten as Tara rushed to her love’s side. “Willow!? Are you okay?”

“Ohmigod! Can't breathe…” Willow then collapsed to the floor, and Tara bend down, holding onto the read head’s shoulders.

“Willow!”

On the street, Anya looked to Xander when he jerked back like he had been hit by something.

“You okay?“ She asked as he bent over slightly, looking down, lowering his toy rifle.

After a moment he slowly straightened back up, surveying the scene around him. Anya jumped back when he raised his rifle. It was a fully automatic M-16. “I don’t think it’s supposed to do that.”

He shouldered the weapon and spun around, scanning for a target. He didn’t see one, so he took the rifle from his shoulder and held it at the ready.

“Seems we are in no current danger Ma’am,” Xander told the girl in the bunny suit. He didn’t know who she was, but he was certain he was with her. He looked over her. “And why are you dressed like that?”

Tara shot back as Willow got up out of her body and looked down at it. She was wearing her sexy outfit now without the sheet covering her up.

Willow looked to Tara, panicked. “Ohmigod! I'm a real ghost!”

They both heard automatic rifle fire and turned to look.

“Xander?” Tara said, suddenly finding her voice, and the girls took off to the street were Anya was kneeling out of Xander’s way, holding onto his leg fearfully.

“Xander!” Willow shouted, and he ceased fire, spun around and pointed his M-16 at the new female strangers.

“It’s Willow,” Anya said, standing up. “When did you changed into that?”

“I don't know any Willow.” Xander said.

“Xander, quit messing around. This is no time for jokes.” Willow scolded.

“What the hell's going on here?” He scowled.

“You don't know us?” Tara asked.

Xander lifted the rifle away from her. “Ladies, I suggest you find cover.” He grabbed Anya’s had and started walking past them.

Willow went in front of them to stop them. “No, wait!”

He walked through her, and with surprise, let go of Anya and turned around.

“Oh!” Anya exclaimed.

Xander pointed his weapon at Willow again as she turned to face him. “What are you?”

“Xander, listen to me. We’re on your side, I swear!” Willow said.

“Something crazy is happening.” Tara agreed.

“I was dressed as a ghost for Halloween, a-and now I am a ghost,” Willow continued on. “And you were supposed to be a soldier, and now I, I-I guess you're a real soldier.”

“ You expect me to believe that?” He arched an eyebrow.

“Well, you’re really not a soldier and you’re acting like one.” Anya replied.

A monster appeared across the street, growling. Xander pointed his rifle at it, and it ran away.

Tara jumped in front of him. “No! No guns! That's still a little kid in there!”

“Step out of the way!” He glared.

“No guns!” Willow shouted. “That's an order!”

He complied, lowering the rifle.

“We just need to find…” Anya looked around, spotting her cousins. “Buffy! Spike!”

The group ran over to the slayers, seeing them holding onto each other, scared out of their minds.

“Buffy? Spike?” Tara put a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Are you okay?”


The monster that had growled at them was back with a friend, and they both roared as they approached.

Xander shouldered his M-16 again and took aim. “This could be a situation.”

“Buffy, Spike, what do we do?” The four turned to see the Slayers faint, falling to the ground.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a dark part of the forest were the car was parked. The back door opened as Janice got out, giggling as Zack groped after her. He then got out after her.

He looked back into the car. “Don't do nothing I would, dude.”

He shut the door as Janice grabbed him by the front of his shirt and kissed him. “You're it,” she said before she turned and ran into the forest.

“I love it when they run,” Zack said, morphing into vamp face and ran after her.

Inside the car, Dawn, still wearing Justin’s jacket, looked to Justin who was sitting next to her on the driver’s side. “So.”

“Yeah,” he said.

“Ooh. It's cold. You okay? You want this back?” She went to take the jacket off but he stopped her.

“Nah. Cold doesn't really bother me.” Justin told her, putting an arm over the seat, behind her.

Dawn smiled. “What are you, Superman?”

“No, but ... I do have a few special powers.” He leaned over as if to kiss her.

She pulled back nervously. “Hey ... um ... does this work?” She began twisting the radio dial.

He grinned, turning the key, the radio starting up. “You gotta turn the ignition.”

Dawn smiled with a nods. Justin just watched her with a smile.

“I love this one,” she looked at the radio, needing to say something to break the ‘silence’ between them.

He brushed her hair back from her face. “Another thing we have in common.” She didn't reply but glanced at him, then looked away nervously. “You're shaking.”

“It's cold.”

“ You ... wanna go?”

“N-no,” she turned back to him.” It's just, um ... what do you expect-”

“Shhh. I just wanna taste you,” he leaned towards her again and she leaned in to him.

They both kissed.