Chapter Eight

“I really hate that man,” Spike said as he and Buffy headed out into the hallway. “There has to be some evil bone in his body.”

“Never a truer statement,” Buffy agreed. “It's not fair. We’re both Slayers. That requires a certain amount of cutting and fighting on our part.”

“Do you think any other Slayers ever had to go to high school?” Spike wondered, then muttered. “It’s not like it’ll matter for me soon.”

“Hey,” Buffy put a hand on his shoulder. “You won’t die. Again.”

“Luv, I appreciate the pep talk, but-”

Willow and Xander chose that moment to walk up to them.

“What happened?” Willow asked. “We saw you two walking out of the evil principal’s office.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “We’re to have Parent Teacher Night to go on without a hitch. That or it’s expulsion.”

“I’m sure it will be no biggie,” Xander smiled comforting “You'll have a nice soire'e. The parents will love it. As long as nothing really bad happens between now and then, you'll be fine.”

“Are you crazy!?” Buffy exclaimed. “What did you say that for? Now something bad is gonna happen!”

“Whadaya mean? Nothing's gonna happen.” The brunette gave them a look of confusion.

“Not until some dummy says, as long as nothing bad happens.” Willow agreed with Buffy.

“It's the ultimate jinx!” Buffy ranted.

“What were you thinking?” Spike said sarcastically.

“ Or were you even thinking at all?” Willow added, not realizing Spike had made a joke.

The girls gave Xander looks of exasperation and walked off in a huff towards their next class.

“Well, you guys don't know,” Xander said after them, then looked to Spike for some assistance, but the blonde’s look clearly read that the brunette was on his own. “Maybe this time it'll be different!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was later that night that there was two females giggling as the got off a train and entered the station. One was raven haired, the other blonde.

“Home, sweet home,” The blonde smiled, swiping the blood trailing from her lips with a finger and placing the digit in her mouth. “What you think of it, my Drusilla?”

The raven girl smiled and wrapped her arms around the other female. “The pixies say great things, Mummy.” She then began to dance to a tune that only she could hear. She then stopped in place and turned to her Sire. “An’ when will I get to met the dark prince, Darla?”

The blonde vampiress grinned. “We’ll be seeing my William soon.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Spike, I’m just saying, it may not be a good investment into your health if you didn’t stop patrolling while we’re trying to sort all this out-” Buffy was saying as they walked amongst the tombstones of Restfield Cemetery.

“I’m not going to sit back on the sidelines,” Spike argued. “It’s not what I do anymore.”

“Spike, about your past-” Buffy stopped to look at him in the eyes. “It really wasn’t your fault.”

“Buffy-” Spike grimaced, his voice holding irritation to change the subject.

“And the thing with you’re mom-” Buffy was interrupted again.

“Look, that was a long time ago. She wasn't herself,” Spike said, clearly uncomfortable with the conversation. “I know that now.”

“But… It still… hurts. That you-”

“Thanks, Doctor Phil, I don’t want to talk about this anymore,” He said with finality. “Let’s just get this patrol done, and get home.”

“But you agreed to Bronzing.” Willow said as she and the rest of the gang met up with the two Slayers.

“I think it would be just the thing we needed.” Cory agreed.

“And then later on we can go and have many orgasms,” At everyone’s look, Anya went on. “With our respective significant others, of course.”

Spike sighed. “Right, how about Buffy and I finish our grunt work and we’ll meet you all there?”

Buffy leaned towards him frowning, whispering. “What!? No… no-no grunting?”

Spike grinned, looking her up and down. “I was talking shop, luv, but if you got other ideas ... you, me, cozy little tomb with a view…”

Buffy made a face. “If you weren’t a demon, I’d so kick you ass.”

“Well, uh, we’ll just get on our way.” Xander nodded and the Scoobies headed off towards the club.

Sighing, Buffy sat on top of a tombstone. “You know, there’s something else that I don’t understand.”

Spike titled his head. “An’ what would that be, pet?”

“When I met Merrick, I specifically remembering his speech on Slayers,” she told him. “In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer. See any pronouns that take your, um, gender into questioning? Or maybe-”

Spike pulled her against his body. “I’m sure you can attest to the fact that there should be no questioning about my gender. I seem to remember you staring at it last year.”

Buffy felt herself go beat red. “That was an accident!”

Buffy rolled her eyes as she pulled her blonde hair out of it’s usual ponytail. Really, what was Miss Calendar thinking, giving Spike the lead role as Romeo? It just didn’t make any sense at all. As Juliet, Buffy just hoped Spike was good at acting so it wouldn’t make her look bad.

She walked down the hall, bear feet towards the bathroom and opened the door, only to be greeted with a surprising sight.

Spike turned to see Buffy staring at him, with the epitome of the deer-in-the-headlights look, showing on her face.

Her eyes traveled from his shower drenched hair who knew the platinum blonde hair had curls past all the gel, watching as water droplets made their way down his well toned, muscled torso, down to the sharp incline of his pelvis, her emerald eyes stopping on his groin. Which was swelling as her inspection continued on as the minutes went by.

“Like something you see, kitten?” The huskiness in his voice had Buffy’s gaze snap back to his face.

She felt her skin flush, the color turning scarlet. “Spike… uh… I… um… I-I didn’t know you were… uh… I came here to get a shower,” she laughed nervously. “And s-since you’re obviously already using the-”

He tilted his head, smirking as his eyes glittered in mischief. “Want me to join you?”

Her voice took on a squeak. “What!? No!”

And with that she fled to her room, locking the door until she heard Spike close the door to his room.


She pushed him away. “Get a grip Spike. That was… I’m not going to talk about it.”

He leaned towards her. “But you liked seeing me-”

Scowling, she stormed away from him. “Spike, let’s just get through this and head to the Bronze.”