Chapter Nine

"Hey Susan. You wanted information on the Summers girl? Can I ask why?" Buffy's nurse for the A.M. shift asked. Nurse Lanna had just met Buffy when she came in today picking up the shift. Buffy was a little quiet when she was in there checking on her, but that probably had to do with not being able to see now for three days. It also could have to do with the CAT scan results from yesterday. Her head had shown no injury to the brain or eye areas, so the doctors were stumped on why her eyesight had vanished. All they could tell the seventeen year old and her family was that it would come back when it was ready.

"If I tell you, you have to promise to keep it between us."

Not seeing where her friend was coming from, she agreed. Susan and her had been friends in their early nursing program days. Of course that was also when Susan was trying to raise her now thirty four year old son. Susan never did talk much about her family besides to say that she was shipped off to boarding school to finish school because of an incident. The incident being she became pregnant.

"Buffy is my niece. Those people in there are my family. Though, they are acting differently when I knew them." Susan said while thinking the last part of the statement aloud.

"Now way! Now that I think about it though, there is resemblance between you and Buffy."

'Thank goodness Buffy couldn't see me yesterday or she would have seen it also.' Susan thought, smiling as she thought of her seventeen year old niece.

"So, I think you need to tell me more about this family of yours. I am on break." Lanna laughed.

Susan smiled and continued telling her about how well she got along with her dad.

--------------------------------------------

"Flower delivery for a Miss Buffy Summers." a delivery guy from Flowerama came in with a dozen roses.

"I will take them." Joyce smiled at the pimple faced kid and walked over to Buffy with them. "Smell how wonderful they smell, sweetie." Both Joyce and Buffy smelt the roses as Angus was curious as to who they were from. Was this another delivery from Susan.

"Who are they from deary?" Regina asked for Angus. She could see he was just as curious as she was, if not more.

Joyce put the flowers by the others and took out the card. Opening it she smiled. "They are from the ranch hands. Everyone has even signed it for you. Wasn't that sweet?"

"I am going to have a talk with those boys when I get back. I said no flirting with my granddaughter and I mean it." Angus barked, not really meaning it. Buffy could tell he didn't either. 'I think I am going to get something to eat in the cafeteria. Regina would you like to join me?" Angus held out his arm for his wife to join. "I certainly would."

When they were out of the room, Joyce took out the card again form the flowers and smiled over it. There is read:

Luv,

Sorry about everything. Get Well Soon.

Love,
Spike

P.S. The ranch hands say Get Well too.

It looks like Buffy might be over Angel after all. Now she needed to meet this Spike.

---------------------------------------

"I will show that bitch not to mess with Hank Summers!" He said while walking into the hospital. He kept an eye out just incase security stopped him. He felt his coat pocket and there he could feel his pistol. Joyce was going to be sorry she ever messed with him, but for her it will be too late. Hank snickered, almost devil like. Once he was in the elevator, he made the mistake of taking the gun out in front of the security camera and kissing it for good luck. Heck, Hank new he didn't even need the luck.

"Security. Code Green" The loud speaker came through.

'What the hell is a code green?" Hank thought. Just before he hit his daughter's floor, he put away his gun. 'Can't be discovered with that?'

Hank was pretending to be 'normal' when out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the security cameras.

"Damn!" He prayed as the door was starting to open, that the security call wasn't for him. Boy was he wrong. There waiting for him was Sheriff McColster again.

"Boy Hank! Can you get any dumber?" He laughed as handcuffs was being placed on Hank. "You won't be making bail this time."

----------------------------------------

Regina and Angus were walking back from the cafeteria when out of the corner of both of their eyes, they spotted a more mature Susan.

"Susan? Is that you?" Regina asked. Sure enough her head turned and eyes rounded as Susan looked at her parents.

Susan walked over to them. "HI mom. Hi dad." Susan whispered.

"Oh my baby! You are alright!" Regina hugged her daughter tightly.

------------------------------------

Spike hoped Buffy liked the roses he sent her. Not having her here was killing him. He needed to know everything was alright. After this day number three, he was starting to think that he would never know what was going on. Getting back on his horse, he rode to meet up with David at the stables. More mucking the stalls.

"Hey Spike.! Glad you are here." David said with a smile.

'Why? What did I do?" Spike was sure he did nothing wrong unless David found out about the flowers.

"Joyce wants you to come and visit Buffy in the hospital." David smiled when Spike finally smiled for the day. Oh yeah, the poor guy had it bad and he didn't even know it yet.

"Really?" Spike squeaked.

"Really. Now get out of here!"

Spike ran out of the stalls, not even managing to remember to put his horse away. He just ran into the Summer's home and grabbed the keys off the ring for the ranch truck. He ran to the truck, jumped in, and he was off. He didn't even notice Cecily and Dru getting out of their car and walking to the stalls he had just vacated nor did he see them try to wave him back as he drove on by.