Chapter Ten

"Spike! Get Back here!" Cecily screamed at the dust that was left as the truck went by. "You will regret this!"

"Oh cut it out Cecily. You have been cheating on Spike for months and lets not forget that you came here to break up with him. hmm?" Dru pointed out. Cecily wasn't to happy about that. To Cecily, she did nothing wrong. The others involved was who did wrong. Like Spike for instance, he had been distant for months, which caused her to look elsewhere. She had even paid for Dru to visit, thinking the three would begin where they left off. That never happened. Instead Spike goes and got a job at a disgusting ranch.

"Oh, shut up!"

---------------------------------

"Where have you been all this time?" Angus asked gruffly, before giving his daughter the biggest hug she had ever received. Well, that she could remember.

"You know, dad. You sent me to that school to give up my baby. I just couldn't. So I ran as soon as he was born." She sniffled.

"What baby?" Regina asked. It had seemed that Angus was keeping secrets from her.

"Dad sent me away because he found out I was pregnant."

"Oh, Angus! How could you?" Regina looked over at him, with disappointment in her eyes. She then looked on to her daughter. She had missed so much of her daughter's and grandson's life. How was she ever going to make it up to her. "Can I ask, who is the father?" Regina thought she knew already and Susan's sheepish grin said it all. David's baby.

"Here is a picture of him." She always carried a picture of her son in her pocket. No matter where she went. "This is the recent one. This is David. That is his wife Maggie and daughter Sophie. They live in New York."

Regina started crying and even Angus teared up as well. "I am a great grandma." with more sniffs.

"David looks just like me." Angus spotted instantly.

"I know." She smiled at her father.

------------------------------

A small knock sounded on the door to her daughter's hospital room. Joyce walked over to the door and looked outside. There she could only imagine was Spike.

"Hel'o. I am Spike. I mean William, ma'am." Spike put out his hand for a shake, but Joyce grabbed him into a hug.

"Why don't you come inside and tell me about yourself. It has been a little lonesome since Buffy went to sleep." Spike looked at Buffy. Her face looked like an angel. You couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with her. Joyce watched him with interest. He sure did keep his eye on Buffy, looking up and down her body. Joyce was trying her hardest not to laugh at him.

Spike looked back at Joyce and sheepishly blushed. "I am from England, ma'am."

"England. Why did you come here to the states then, especially Texas?" Joyce was curious.

"My girlfriend decided to go to college here, so I followed. I am an English major. Poetry mostly."

Joyce frowned at that. "So you have a girlfriend then?" She didn't want her baby girl hurt.

"Technically, yes. But lately I am not sure how I feel about her."

"I see." Joyce nodded. "Hurt my baby girl and die." Joyce got up from her seat and excited the room.

Spike looked at the closed door. "What was that about?"

Buffy must have heard him talking because she began to stir. Spike walked over to her and lightly touched her head.

"Spike?" Buffy asked, opening her eyes on what he thought was just instinct. "Oh My God! I can see light!" She screeched causing Joyce to run back into the room, with looks to kill.

"I didn't do anything." Spike screamed before running out the door.

---------------------------

"Thank God. Are you sure she is alright for sure?" Joyce asked again.

"Positive." He beamed at her then at Buffy.

Buffy looked around the room. She saw her grandparents. 'Wasn't grandpa wearing that the day of the accident?' Her mother was right by her bed. She saw Spike in the doorway of the room, ready to run again. But in the corner of the room was a female she didn't remember ever seeing. 'Must be one of the nurses or technicians.' she thought.

"If everything goes well tonight, I don't see why we can't send you home in the morning." Buffy was greatful to hear that. She hadn't liked hospitals since she witnessed her young cousin die in one. Thinking about that made her get the creeps.

Buffy leaned into her mother and whispered in her ear, "Who is that woman?" Joyce smiled, before answering, "Your missing aunt."

Buffy looked at the woman well for the first time. "Hi Aunt Susan. Nice to meet you."

Susan smiled before she said "hi" back.

Buffy then looked at Spike and smiled at him, a wide smile. After seeing this, Spike smiled back.

Having witnessed their moment, Joyce had ushered the rest of the group out. Much to her grandfather's dismay. Joyce stuck her head into the door one last time, before whispering, "Behave you two." She winked then closed the door.

------------------------------------

Spike slowly walked over to the bed, unsure of how Buffy might react if he came too close. "Get over here Spike." Buffy said.

Spike practically sprinted the rest of the way before the two were in a hug, Spike crying into her shoulder.

"I am sorry, Buffy. so sorry."

"Shh, Spike. None of us had any idea what was going to happen." Buffy tried comforting Spike. It was a good ten minutes before Spike's tears began to stop. He finally lifted his head of off her shoulders five minutes after than. Buffy looked at him. Spike looked at her. They slowly began to inch their way toward each other. Lips finally meeting.

Outside the door, a "YES!" could be heard form Joyce. Spike and Buffy just looked at each other and smiled. Then went back to kissing.