Chapter Eleven

Two days later, Buffy was finally released from the hospital. Spike hadn't left her side since she had woken up and she was the happiest girl in the world at the moment. Her mom even let Spike come and pick her up, just as long as he picked up Susan from the hospital as well. Buffy didn't see much of Susan since she had woken, probably since neither knew what to say to each other. Susan had agreed to spend the weekend at the ranch, catching up.

"Spike? I think you can go faster than 30 mph on this road. Isn't the speed limit 60?" Buffy looked at Spike. Susan was laughing in the passenger side. Buffy was in the middle.

'I promised your mom I would get you home safe and I will. Please your grandfather said if I harmed another hair on your body I was dead. He looked like he meant it too." Spike turned white just thinking about Angus' wrath. Both Susan and Buffy started laughing hard, but when Buffy looked at Spike she could see he was upset by this.

"I am sorry. Grandpa isn't going to do anything to you because you would never hurt me." Buffy looked lovingly at him. Spike's face went from scared to sad.

"But I did hurt you in many ways. One, I made you fall of your horse. And Two, Cecily." Spike's face turned into a smile and he looked at Buffy. "As soon as I can take care of Cecily, you and I will be together." Spike leaned over and kissed Buffy lightly on the lips, before concentrating back on the rode.

Susan just stared out her window, smiling.

"Spike, let's at least go 50?" Buffy looked at him lovingly. Spike smiled and stepped on the gas to 45 mph. Buffy could only thank god that they weren't on a freeway.

----------------------------

'When am I going to get out of here? Damn it!" Hank was getting tired of the treatment he was getting. Didn't anyone know that he could sue everyone's ass.

Sheriff McColster came into the cells and stopped outside Hank's. "Don't you worry. Your trial is tomorrow and then you will be off to your brand new home in prison." The sheriiff laughed as he walked off.

It was just like Hank to think he could get out of it just by thinking he was tough shit and represent himself. Nope, he was going to go away hopefully for a long time, which reminded him that he needed to get in touch with Joyce again.

When Joyce was told what had happened to Hank yesterday, she just shook her head, not wanting to be part of Hank's life anymore. Just wait until Hank finds out Joyce will be testifying against him. He couldn't wait to see the bastard's grin be wiped off his face.

---------------------------

A drive that should have taken an hour and half ended up being almost three hours. Susan had fallen asleep about an hour in. Buffy had snuggled up into Spike's right side and he had put his arm around her. Buffy would lean over and kiss his cheek every once and awhile. Spike would just turn to her and lightly kiss her lips. Sighing, Buffy would look back out at the scenery before the scene would play out again.

--------------------------

"Where the hell are they?" Angus roared. They just have been home hours ago. Shaking his fist he said, "When I get a hold of that boy.." Regina cut him off.

"Oh you stop it. There has been no phone call, which means they are alright. And besides they have Susan with them to be their chaperone."

"But why isn't Spike answering the cell phone. I gave him mine for a reason."

"Umm, dear. Yours is still on the charger. You never gave him yours or any." Regina smiled at him. Angus looked dumb founded before turning to the charger. Sure enough, there sat his phone. Still being charged.

"God damn it! Call Susan's number."

"Can't either dear. We didn't get her number either." Angus screamed before walking out of the house cussing at his stupidity.

--------------------------

"Joyce, they just pulled up." Regina walked into the kitchen to tell her daughter-in-law. "Angus went right for the truck. You should have seen him. He practically ran when he spotted the truck." Joyce turned around laughing.

"Good thing. Everything is ready to be served when they get in the house." Joyce then went to the oven and took out the cake, waiting for it to cool before decorating it. Regina and Joyce both took out all the food into the dining room. Regina couldn't remember the last time they actually used the dining room, instead of the kitchen. But Buffy's and Susan's homecoming was worth it.

Buffy walked into the front door, while Spike carried Susan's bags for her. Susan was busy looking around the ranch, noticing that nothing had changed. Angus walked up to Susan.

"You going to come in Susie girl?" Angus had reverted to calling her what he had since she has little, but had stopped when he found her with David.

"Just a second, dad. I just want to see if anything has changed." Susan smiled and so did Angus. It was looking like they could make amends before the weekend was through. He nodded and walked into the house, just behind Spike and Buffy.

Just as she was about to go inside as well, that all familiar voice was there. "Well if it isn't Susan." the man said.

Susan turned around looking the man in the eye. "Hello David." Susan was getting uneasy. She had a major secret and it involved this man in front of her.

------------------------------

"Mom! Grandma!" Buffy yelled in the house.

"In here, sweetheart." Buffy could hear her mom yelling from the dining room. When Buffy walked into the room, there was a banquet set up with the whole Welcome Home Buffy and Susan banner. Buffy teared up a little. It had seemed her family had come around and was acting like a real, true family. Plus, she had Spike. Life couldn't get any better.

"Spike, There is someone here for you." Angus called, while opening the front door to a strange blonde. Spike walked into the room. There stood Cecily and she was smiling. Spike couldn't remember when the last time he actually saw her smile. But for some reason Spike thought the smile was forced.

"Hi Cecily. What can I do for you?"

"I have the most wonderful news."

"And...."

"I'm pregnant!" Spike fainted.