Chapter Twelve

Buffy kept looking at Spike throughout the day. He was quiet and white as a ghost. She had noticed when they had found him unconscious with a woman looking down on him with disdain, that something was wrong. If he had feelings for her, why wasn't he telling her what was wrong? Instead he had sat through Susan and her welcome home party without a word.

Leaning over,Buffy asked, "What's wrong?" Spike just looked at her with a slight smile. He was still white as a ghost. It was driving Buffy crazy.

Finally, Spike leaned back over and said, nothing that you need to worry about right now, Luv." Spike kissed her on the side of the cheek before sitting back up and continued listening to the stories of the family. He had felt like he belonged here. Angus hadn't even made him go out to finish his job like the rest of the ranch hands had to. Of Course, what would they think of him when they find out his girlfriend was pregnant and he wasn't sure if it was even his. He didn't get a lot out of her after he had woken up on the floor. Cecily had been mad that he hadn't jumped into her arms, all excited.

He had asked questions like, "How far along are you?" "When did it happen?" "Are you alright with this?" She just sat there with an angry look on her face before she got up and said that she was going back to Liam's since Spike didn't care bout her and the baby. How could she just expect him to just back up and leave. He needed the money, now more than ever. Still he had the doubt. She has been spending a lot of time with Liam. He couldn't even remember the last time he slept with Cecily. It had to have been more than four months and if she was that far along, Why wasn't she showing?

"Spike what about you?.....Spike" Spike was so far in his day dream...more or less nightmare, he hadn't heard Angus speak to him. He felt a pinch in his side and yelped.

"Why did you do that for?" Spike looked at Buffy who was trying to hold in her laughter. It didn't stop the rest of the group to burst out in laughter.

"Grandpa was trying to talk to you, but you were millions of miles away it seemed." Buffy looked at him, now her laughter spilled out. Spike looked around the room, quite embarrassed,

"Sorry about that." Spike sat back, feeling his face go red. Buffy leaned closer kissing his cheek. "Don't worry about it." She leaned even closer to him and whispered, "We'll talk later." Spike nodded.

"So." Spike looked back at the family. "What did you say, Angus?"

----------------------------

"Where are we going, pet?" Spike thought they had already walked miles past the first meeting spot at the creek.

Buffy looked back and smiled that smile. He was going to follow her anywhere, even of it was miles. "I found this great spot, secluded. Perfect for us to talk." Buffy grabbed his hand and tugged at Spike to keep going. "We are almost there." Why hadn't Spike known about this spot. He rode that horse so much that he should now ever detail of this place. "I found this place when I was twelve and I thought I would run away from home. No body found me for days. I eventually finished the snacks I had brought with me and was hungry, so I went back home. Last time I ran away. My dad was furious. I couldn't sit for weeks." Her smile faded.

If Spike had anything to say about it, she would never see her old man again. From what the family had said when Buffy left the room was that we was being sent to prison for ten years and no body was going to tell Buffy. He just "ran away".

Spike saw the clearing out of the woods and he finally realized they were miles off Summers land. He heard water and looked around, but couldn't find any. Buffy knew what he was looking for.

"We followed the creek, without you knowing. It is through those trees and then there will be the creek." Buffy said, smirking while tugging his hand. Spike was carrying a blanket for them to lie on when they got to wherever they were going. They reached the creek in a few feet and Spike looked around. Nothing for miles. No people to find them. No cows or horses. Just them. Spike put down the blanket and sat down tugging Buffy to him. Giggling, she sat by Spike. Both sighing, they looked out at the creek which had turned into a little pond before going back into the creek. Spike looked at Buffy. Buffy looked at him. Both inching closer till their lips met. A slow sensual kiss which soon had turned into desperation.

“What the hell are you doing?“ Spike asked when her hands grabbed his crotch and slowly rubbed it.

“I got horny,” she informed him in a breathless little voice that had his already hardening length swelling against his zipper.

”Luv, this is a foolish—“

He was cut off by her lips attacking his. She’d pushed him down on the blanket, her hands firm on his chest, her lips firm against his and her tongue demanding entrance. He granted it and reciprocated, his tongue dancing with hers, pulling her inside his mouth and stroking her tongue with his own. Buffy moaned quietly, and when he turned them so that she was pressed down on the blanket, she didn’t object.

Spike prepared himself to pull back from her soft warmth. Then she did the bit where she wriggled her hips and moaned into his mouth, and he was lost in her again. He was hard and ready to go, and even though he knew that there would be no going of that sort, he couldn’t help but slip a hand beneath her top and feel the smooth skin beneath it. Even her stomach was perfect—curved every so slightly, smooth, and soft as silk. She shuddered under his touch, making him smile into her lips as he thrust his hips towards hers, pinning her more firmly against the blanket.

“You like that, pet?” he asked, stroking her stomach in tandem with the strokes of his tongue. “My hands…all over you…” he slipped a hand behind her, squeezing her bottom; she gasped and, to his delight, thrust back at him.

“Please…” she whispered, the pleading sound lost almost as soon as it left her lips.

“Buffy, If you wanna get screwed right here, then keep going.” Buffy gave him a dirty smile and got up from her spot. Before Spike knew what was happening, Buffy had removed her clothes and was trying to remove his top. "Buffy, sweet. We need to stop this." Spike pleaded. He wasn't sure he could stop if she went any further and when he felt her push him down on the blanket and then rub his crotch. He knew he was a goner. In his frantic manner, he had managed to take off his jeans. Buffy's left eyebrow raised. "Thats right luv. Commando." Spike grabbed her and there on the blanket, they made love.