Author's Chapter Notes:
retitled since Strawberry Wine was taken
Chapter One

""Took you long enough. I was about to give up on you."

"Did you put the ladder in front of my window?" Buffy questioned, raising her own eyebrow at him. Spike smirked the hottest look Buffy had ever seen. "How else would you get past your grandparents and meet up with me?"

"Names Spike." "Buffy"

Shaking hands, both felt electricity pass through them. Spike thought Buffy looked like a princess with her clothing, definitely not a cowgirl. She came out in high heels. Who does that? Even though the clothing told him rich girl, he was still fascinated by her. Even with her little pink skirt, pink high heels, and the shortest and tightest black top, he was still wanting some of her. The college women he hung around with were nothing like her. They all wanted to talk about saving the fish or something odd, except for Cecily. Sure he was an english major, but that didn't mean he was stuffy. He liked poetry, simple as that, and also Cecily went there,

Cecily was a girl he knew back in England, the hottest thing in Notting Hill. He started to go out with her in the 11th grade and when they graduated she had told him she was going to go to America to school. So here he was. And now here he was working on a ranch just so he could afford to go to college with Cecily. Which reminded him, he hadn't heard from her in 2 weeks. She had decided to go to a friends house in Dallas for the summer.

"I brought us a blanket to sit on while we sit by the creek." "A superman blanket?" Buffy wanted to laugh so hard, but he looked too cute looking all sheepish. "I was hoping it would get darker so you wouldn't see that." Finally Buffy couldn't contain her laughter and it came out in little giggles. Spike sat there and smirked at her. She could see the playfulness in his eyes and went toward her with the intent to dunk her in the creek. She could tell what was on his mind and ran behind the big willow tree next to the creek. She screamed "Spike" when he snuck up on her and lifted her in the air, ready to drop her.

"Who is there? Buffy is that you?" David was shouting. He came out of the fields and spotted both of them. He didn't even look surprised to see them out there together. "Your grandma went to check on you and noticed you were gone. She is having a fit and your grandpa was about to come out here in his underwear to look for you. You better get back." Spike put Buffy down on the ground and whispered, "another night." Buffy smiled and walked back to the house.

"Damn it Spike. Didn't I tell you to stay away from her." not as harshly as Spike expected. "What can I say, I love beautiful women." smirking as he walked away. "David whispered into the air, "Don't we all, but why is it always a Summers girl."

--------------------------------

"Where the hell have you been, missy?" Grandpa looked like he was a red tomato and like he was going to blow.

"I went out swimming, didn't think anyone would mind." Buffy tried her best to look like she was telling the truth. Grandma must not have believed her because she put her hand to her heart, like a sin was being committed just by being near the creek. "Cowboys lurk everywhere. They are no good except to work. Don't want anymore near my kin. You got that and if you think for once I didn't miss that interlude between you and that cowboy then you don't know Angus Summers." She didn't think she has ever seen her grandpa shaking his finger at her. He wasn't dumb either. She had thought Spike and her were safe, but apparently not. And what was this about cowboys and his kin anyway? Maybe it was best to ask grandma in the morning when she calmed down.

"Get on up to bed. You will be woken up at 4;30 to begin chores so that gives you 5 hrs of sleep." Her grandparents sure meant business. She started for the stairs when her grandpa stopped her again. "I took away the ladder as well. Good Night." Buffy grumbled under her breath what a horrible family she had as she walked up the stairs to her room.

------------------------------

When David came back to the bunkhouse, Spike was already sleeping with just a sheet so he took the spiderman blanket and laid it down on him. David chuckled as he walked away. Just as he was about to leave the bunkhouse and walk back to his house, which was the small guest house on the spread, when Angus walked in. "So did any of the cowboys leave the bunk tonight?" Angus asked. "Not a one." Angus then had a smile come over his face. "Good."

When both men walked out the door, neither saw Spike's smile take over his face and his eyes opened listening to the whole thing.

--------------------------------

At exactly 4:30 am, Buffy knew Hell had officially began, yesterday was nothing compared to what they were doing to her today. She was expected to throw on descent clothes and come to breakfast, When she came down wearing her favorite black dress, her grandma marched her up stairs and gave her the baggiest shirt she had ever seen and jeans that were way to big to her. A belt was needed just to keep the pants on. Then her grandma took her dress downstairs and threw it in the fire place. She had wanted to cry, but she wasn't going to show them how much they were affecting her. Since she spent an extra 10 minutes getting dressed, then they gave her 10 minutes less to eat and no warming up the food. She was expected to eat it cold,lumpy, plain oatmeal.

After the horrible breakfast then she was expected to go see Juan about learning how to collect chicken eggs. Juan couldn't even speak english. He just pointed on what to do and if she didn't understand, then he grabbed her hand and forcefully showed her how to do it. She had managed to get chicken poop on her clothes and was expected to wear it all day. "We don't change our clothes 20 times a day just because of some dirt." Grandma had said. Some Dirt?!? It was shit.

After the egg collecting then she was expected to help her grandma do the breakfast dishes. That wasn't so bad unless you count how many dishes there were. Plates, cups, bowls, silverware for 10 cowboys plus her grandparents and her. She will definitely have dish pan hands after this. At least today her grandma was washing and gave Buffy the job of drying.

Now that Buffy thought about it, Spike had ignored her all through breakfast. Take it, she was in between her grandparents, but he could have at least tried smiling or playing footsie, something to tell her she was liked.

"Buffy? Buffy? "Buffy, that dish is clean!" Apparently grandma had been trying to get her attention for awhile because she looked quite peeved. " Sorry." Buffy put the cup away and grabbed the next one, hoping to be done soon so she could sneek away to see Spike and make sure everything was ok with them.