*5 Years Later*

Spike was so proud of her. Here he was watching his wife finally graduate college. His wife. He still never got over saying that word...wife. They married six months after Chloe was born. To this day he still could chuckle when thinking of his daughter's quick birth.

"Mom? Can you help put this border up in the nursery? Spike refuses to let me climb a ladder." Buffy asked her mother, as she walked out into the living room. "Oww!" Buffy grabbed her back.

"Are you ok, sweetheart?" Joyce asked, concerned for her daughter. She knew Buffy was due in three weeks and babies had no sense of time.

"Luv, was that you I heard?" Spike ran into the house concerned.

"You two are horrible. I just have a backache from little one here." She said, rubbing her tummy with a smile on her face. Buffy then directed her smile on Spike. "Are you ready to see a movie tonight, babe?" She walked over to him, hugging him.

"Are you sure we should go out with you in pain?" Spike was concerned. He didn't like to see his luv in pain.

"We are going out." She grumbled.

---------------------------

"Why see a movie called Knocked Up, pet?" Spike wasn't to sure about this one. He had heard from a classmate that they show graphic delivery with the head showing. He didn't think he could handle that right now. He was already to close to the main event as it was. Buffy's look at Spike said it all. They were going in.

----------------------

During the movie, Buffy kept grabbing her stomach. "You ok, luv?"

Buffy just smiled at him and nodded. "I think it is just gas." Spike raised an eyebrow at her in question. She smiled back and went to watching the movie.

Half way into the movie, Spike could tell she was getting uncomfortable. "Do you wanna go, pet?" She tried to smile, but a cramp had overtaken her body causing a low moan of pain. "Time to go to the hospital." Spike said as he picked up their belongings and escorted his girl out the door. 'At least I didn't have to see the birth on screen.' Spike thanked god, but then he knew the real birth was coming and he had better be prepared.

When Spike and Buffy got to the hospital, she was already 8 centimeters dialated. After only a half an hour in the hospital, Buffy was already pushing the new life into the world. Joyce had come to the hospital as fast as she could get there and made it just in time to see her new granddaughter enter. The whole labor and delivery only lasted 2 1/2 hours. She was a beautiful 7 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long baby girl who they named Chloe Joy.


Looking at his five year old daughter was like looking in a mirror. She had his cheekbones, his eyes,his nose, and even his curly hair. At least Spike tried to hide his with gel. Buffy laughed the first time she held their daughter saying, "No one will deny who her daddy is."

Spike had graduated three years ago with an English degree. He wasn't to sure that was what he wanted, but now teaching middle school student s the art of poetry and how to speak proper english suited him. Plus being a teacher gave him summers off to spend with his daughter.

"Daddy?" Chloe said in her seat next to him. "I got to go potty."

"It is I have to go potty, Chloe." Spike said automatically.

"Daddy!" Chloe looked at him, with her arms crossed, trying to imitate her mother these days. Spike could do nothing, but laugh causing the pout to form on her cute little mouth.

"I'm sorry, luv." Spike kissed his daughter on the cheek, causing her to giggle.

"Daddy! I really need to go." This time his daughter seemed to have done what Buffy had called the pee-pee dance.

"Don't worry,Spike. I'll take her." Joyce said from the other side of his daughter. Chloe took her grandmother's hand and Spike thanked Joyce. The ceremony was lasting forever and the mayor was still giving his speech.

---------------------

*Two hours later*

They had finally begun the names a half an hour ago. Chloe was passed out in her father's arms. He had promised her, he would wake her up before he mommy's name was called. With that promise, she had fallen asleep.

Amy Hennen was called on the speaker. 'Only on the H's'

*One hour later*

Thomas O' Neil "Finally on the O's meaning P's are next' Spike thought.He better start trying to wake his daughter. She took forever to wake up when she was tired.

"Luv, time to wake up. Mommy should be soon." Spike whispered to his daughter, rubbing her back. Hearing a whining from his daughter, he looked into her beautiful blue eyes. "Hi, luv." He smiled at her and she whined. "Do you want to see mommy graduate?"

"Yes." came a tiny voice.

Latoya Palet

"Let's sit you up and we can watch together." Just as he was sitting Choe, he saw his wife's row finally stand up and move to the podium. Chloe's eyes went wide as she watched her mommy.

Bryce Picklet

Natasha Piote

Mary Plum

Thomas Plummer

Tanner Ponet

Finally his wife was next.

Buffy Pratt

"Yay mommy!" Chloe screamed causing Buffy to look out into the audience and smile at her daughter. Waddling on stage, Buffy collected her degree and rubbed her eight month stomach.

"Yay mommy!" Chloe screamed causing Buffy to look out into the audience and smile at her daughter. Waddling on stage, Buffy collected her degree and rubbed her eight month stomach. She hoped this one was a boy,

Looking out at her husband, Buffy couldn't help but smile wide. Her life was perfect and all because she didn't listen to her grandparents and stay away from the cowboy and he didn't stay away from her.

She then looked at her mother who looked proud of her. It may have taken seventeen years for Joyce and Buffy to get along, but it was worth all the pain and agony.

And then her water broke.

The End!


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to all who read and left feedback. This was my first attempt at a story since my head injury.