Chapter Five

"Call 911, Mrs. Summers!" Spike was shouting all the way from the pastures to the house. Regina ran out of the house in a state of despair. "Who's hurt? Spike, answer me!" Regina was now running to Spike, screaming at the top of her lungs. "Buffy!" was all he could get out before tears were rolling down his face, sobbing uncontrollably. " Oh My God!" Regina started for the house again. As she was running toward the house, she saw David coming out of the cow barn.

"David, Buffy is hurt! Go help Angus. Spike will show you where to go." David came running. When he reached Spike, he asked, "What happened?" "Fell" was all he could make out before he had Spike show him where Angus and Buffy were.

-------------------------

"911 emergency. What is your emergency?"

"My granddaughter is hurt. She needs medical assistance."

"What happened, ma'am?"

"I don't know. All I was told is that Buffy was hurt and needed help."

"And Buffy is your granddaughter?"

"Who else would she be? I did say my granddaughter needed help!" Regina's voice was starting to raise.

"Calm down ma'am. What is your address?"

"Summers Ranch off of Highway 12, just north of Dallas."

"Help is on the way."

"It's about time!"

------------------------

Angus was sitting next to Buffy on the ground, careful as not to move her. She seemed to be bleeding from the back of the head and Angus knew more damage could be down if moved.

"Oh Buffy, What have I done?" A single tear rolled off of his cheek. In the distance, he could here David yelling for him and the sound of a horse. Which could only mean that Spike brought back David.

"i am here, David." Angus wiped the tear away so no one would see it. David was out of breath by the time he made it to Angus and Buffy. "Is help on the way?" "Regina was calling." David said. Angus nodded, never taking is eyes away from his granddaughter. Spike hung back, still tears running down his face.

-----------------------

It took 30 minutes for the ambulance to arrive on the ranch and another 30 minutes for Buffy to be transported to Dallas General. She still hadn't woken up and was lying lifeless on the hospital bed. Joyce was on her way down from Los Angeles. Her flight due in an hour. Hank decided to be kept informed through his wife. He was due in court today for a very high society case and wasn't going to give that up even if his daughter was in the hospital.

"That damn boy of mine should be here, watching over his daughter. Not in L.A. for some damn case." Angus grumbled, his eyes teary eyed over his unconscious granddaughter. So far the doctors were doing tests upon tests to see what injuries she sustained. All the doctors would tell them is that she would wake up when her body heals.

"He is just like his father." Regina smiled, knowingly. Angus smiled too. "I may be a workaholic, but I do know when family is important."

------------------------

"Any news yet?" Spike asked David once he hung up the phone from Angus.

"Not yet. She is still unconscious, but the good news is she has stabilized from when she left here. They also stitched up her head. So now more bleeding. She just has a big bump on the back of her head and looks like she is sleeping peacefully." David replied. Spike nodded, still looking like he hasn't slept in days, eyes puffy and red.

"Why don't you go get some sleep and I will let you know any more news." Spike nodded and walked away.

'Poor Spike. He's got it bad and doesn't even realize it.' David thought.

--------------------------

"How's my baby?" Joyce asked running into the room.

"Hello Joyce." Angus stood up and gave his daughter-in-law a hug. Joyce stood motionless, not sure on what to do. "Hello Angus. Good to see you." Angus smiled.

"Joyce. Good to see you." Regina said, hugging her daughter-in-law. This time Joyce returned the hug.

"Has she regained consciousness yet?" Joyce asked, while walking over to her daughter and kissing her bandaged head. "Nothing."

Angus stood up and said, "I am going to let you girls talk for awhile while I go get a cup of coffee." and he walked out.

Joyce looked at Angus wide eyed. "Did he just change like this overnight?" Regina smiled at Joyce and said, "Just happened ever since Buffy's injury. He was scared to death."

---------------------

"Hey Spike. I am on my way to the hospital to pick up Angus. Do you want to come with." David asked, knowing Spike desperately wanted to see Buffy.

"You bet I do." Spike jumped at the chance. Buckling his seat belt, Spike looked better than he had in hours. He was finally going to be able to see how Buffy was himself and have a chance to say he was sorry.

-------------------

"I think I am going to stay with Regina, if you don't mind." Spike said as he got out of the car. "I wasn't expecting anything different." David said.

On his way inside the door of Buffy's room, he tried to regain composure. Taking deep breaths, he walked into the room and greeted Regina and Buffy's mother, Joyce.

"Can I have a few moments alone with Buffy?" Spike asked. Both knowing that he desperately needed to, they nodded and stood up and walked out. Before Regina walked out, she stopped to give him a hug and whisper, "She will forgive you for what ever happened between you two. How could she not, she loves you." She winked as she closed the door.

Spike sat on the side of the bed, holding Buffy's hand. "I am so sorry Buffy. Come back to us. Come back to me." Spike kissed her hand, tears rolling down his face and onto her hand.

"Spike?" Buffy asked.

She was awake.