Chapter Seven

At exactly 7:37 am, Buffy knew she had officially entered hell. Sure she thought being being with her grandparents were hell, but that didn't compare to the hell she was in now that her father had arrived. She wanted to gag when Hank had walked in and hugged her pretending to care. If she could see, she would have walked out of that room and out of that hospital. So here she was, having her family around her in an awkward silence, nothing but the clock ticking to stop the full silence.

"Time now?" Buffy asked, hoping time would go faster.

"Still the same as when you asked before." Hank's voice boomed.

Buffy shrank from the voice hoping her father would just leave all together, but she knew that was never going to happen since his inheritance was on the line.

"Ugh, I can't stand this. I know everyone is just staring at me and this silence thing is killing me." Buffy felt a sting across her cheek. Someone just hit her across the face. The nerve of whoever it was.

"Hank! Don't hit that girl. She was been through enough." His mother scolded him.

"She needs to know not to talk that way to people." Her father said back, not even caring that his voice was raising to his own mother. "You better not be yelling at your own mother." Her grandfather gritted between his teeth. Buffy was enjoying enjoying every moment of this. It was about time someone put her father back in his place.

Finally she could here her father getting up from his chair and walking out of the room. "What am I going to do with that boy?" Angus groaned. Buffy felt her mother's touch now, rubbing her hand in calming circles on her head. No need to complain about her mother ruining her hair since she was sure it looked like crap anyway. "I better go see where he went. Be back in a little bit sweetie." Her grandpa kissed her forehead then she heard the door open and close.

"Mommy? Why can't father just go home?" Buffy asked in an almost childlike voice. Regina's heart was cracking just a little bit by seeing her granddaughter in so much pain. Maybe not physical pain, but emotional.

"Your father cares in his own way. Give him a chance, at least for me?" Joyce had asked her daughter.

"Why should I when he is only here so he doesn't lose any inheritance. I want him to go home. Please send him home. I don't want to be hit constantly while he is here. Please." Buffy was begging that Joyce couldn't say nothing but " I will try my best to get him to call down and go home. No promises though."

"Thanks mom."

-----------------------------------------------

"Hank Gerald Summers! Stop right now!" Angus roared in the hallways of the hospital not caring who heard. Hank turned around, looking at his old man. His hands became fists and his face bright red with anger. No body called Hank by his full name. He was more important than his old man and was not about to be treated like a little kid. When Angus had gotten a little closer, he started lecturing Hank. "Now you listen here. There will be no touching of my granddaughter. You sent her to me to take care of."

"And what a great job you are doing old man. Making my daughter blind. I sent her here for some discipline, like what you used to do to me when Susie left. I learned right from wrong." Hank yelled.

"I disagree. You don't know what is right from wrong. Like hitting your blind daughter in the head or working nonstop when your daughter is hurt."

The next thing Angus knew was Hank swung at him. Luckily Hank missed and hit the wall making a dent. Hank's knuckles bled. Angus shook his head in disgrace at what his son had become. "I don't even think you deserve to be in this family. I may have been hard on you when Susan left, but I know when family is first." Angus walked off to go back by his granddaughter, wife, and daughter-in-law leaving Hank.

"Damn it old man. You can't leave me bleeding like this with a damn hole in the wall." Hank yelled after Angus. Angus turned back around facing Hank one least time. "I can and I will."

The last thing Angus heard before he walked into the room again was "Security" over the loud speaker.

----------------------------------------

"Where is Hank?" Joyce asked causing Buffy to get anxious again. She did not want her dad to even come back in this room.

"He decided to go back to Los Angeles. Well he better have until he knows what is good for him." Angus spoke with sincerity, making Buffy settle back down.

"Thank You grandpa."

"Anything for my granddaughter." Angus said with a smile, before taking Buffy's right hand and holding it while she slept.

-------------------------------------

"You can't arrest me. I didn't do anything." Hank said causing an even bigger scene in the hospital when hospital security approached him.

The bigger and muscular officer of the two said, "You damaged hospital property and if I am not mistaken, I could swore I heard that you hit your blind daughter. Now come with me before I have to use force." Hank walked with them, meeting up with the sheriff of Dallas County, the same sheriff who had a problem against him for years.

"So we meet again, Hank. Lets go." Sheriff McColster said. Sheriff McColster wasn't buff by any means. He looked like he was now approaching his sixties with graying hair.

---------------------------------

Buffy slept through most of the afternoon. Joyce, Angus, and Regina had left to eat some lunch in the cafeteria and when they had come back in the room, there was a vase full of daffodils by the window sill. They all thought it was from Hank and when Buffy was told about them she had thought they were from Spike. When Regina finally had noticed the card, she read it and turned pale white.

"Regina. Are you ok?" Angus asked, concerned for his wife. She shook her head no and handing the card to Angus to read. There is said Get Well Soon. I hope to meet you soon. Love, Susan.

"Good God. Susan is here." Angus then turned white also. It looked like daughter was ok after all and back just in time to see the change in him.