Chapter Eight

"I don't want to do anymore tests! Please?" Buffy pleaded with one of her nurses. She could always tell when a new nurse was in her room. One of them stomped in the room, one sounded like they were on tip toes, and this one had a rhythm to her steps, like she calculated her steps every time.

"It's all right Buffy. All we need is just to do a CAT scan and you are done. I promise. We won't touch you anymore today. You can have the rest of the day to relax...well, as best as you can." She sounded sincere so Buffy decided she was telling the truth.

"Thank You." Buffy said, trying to smile at the nurse hoping she saw that Buffy was grateful.

"Here you go Susan. Your next patient, all ready for her CAT scan." the nurse said. She gave Buffy's hand a pat then footsteps could be heard walking away.

"OK, Buffy. All ready to hopefully find out why you can't see?" Technician Susan asked.

"I kinda do want my sight back."

---------------------------------

"All done, sweetie." Susan said, coming out of the second room.

"Thank God. That sure was noisy. I didn't want to lose my hearing as well."

"Think positive, Buffy. We don't know if your sight is gone forever." Buffy could tell she was smiling as she said it.

"We'll see. I guess." Buffy wasn't so sure about her sight returning. She wanted it back now.

"Come one sweetie.Lets take you up to your mother and grandparents."

"How did you know who was in my room?" Buffy was curious about this tech. How did she know so much about her?

"Well.....umm......I was in your room earlier. You were sleeping."

"Oh."

-----------------------------

"Did you hear anything yet on Buffy's situation?" Spike asked David as they were riding fence on the west side of the ranch.

"Nothing yet. You will be the first to know as soon as I hear from Angus."

"I can't believe they all spent the night in the hospital." Spike was amazed at what Angus was like when a family member needed him.

" Me too. I never thought I would see the day where Angus was brought to his knees. He has been evil since Susan left that I had gotten used to his demeanor."

----------------------------

"Let me out of here, Sheriff." Hank boomed inside his jail cell.

The sheriff could be heard laughing. "You need to be taught a lesson and I am the one who will do it." Sheriff McColster yelled so it was heard inside the jail. A few of the inmates there looked at Hank and laughed as well. If the Sheriff thought someone needed to be taught a lesson, the inmates now knew that the sheriff had a reason.

"Hey buddy. What did you do to make the sheriff mad?" The imate next to his cell asked.

"Just your trap and mind you own business." Hank snapped. The inmate smiled knowing it was his behavior that got him into trouble in the first place, along with his temper. "Sheriff, I want to call my wife, dammit."

"Not when it is asked like that you won't."

Hank grumbled, knowing he was going to be here for the night.

-----------------------------------

"Here we are. Your room." Susan whispered, She sounded nervous. When they were nearing her room when all of a sudden the bed was stopped.

"Oh shoot. My pager just went off. Excuse me, Janice. Can you put Buffy back in her room?"

"I didn't hear it go off." Buffy said. Her hearing seemed to be getting better and better, even better than before her accident.

"It was on vibrate dear." and with that Susan walked off.

"But I didn't even hear it vibrate." She whispered, hearing Susan walk off.

"Come on deary, lets get you to your room." Nurse Janice whispered. Janice had been Buffy's nurse last night, the one that stomped into the room.

"Are you my nurse tonight?" Buffy asked, hoping she wasn't. She wanted to sleep. Not listen to stomping every hour.

"Sorry deary. You have Nurse Jill." Buffy just Thanked God, Janice was the one who tippy toed.

------------------------------------

"Oh Good. Buffy's back." Angus said, giving Buffy a kiss on the cheek.

"Why is it good that I am back?" Buffy asked curiously. She wasn't to sure on her grandfather's new mood lately. He became good from his evil mood in seconds. She wasn't to sure it would last.

"It is nothing dear. I just need to go bail out your father from jail." Joyce said, giving her daughter a hug.

"What did he do?" Buffy groaned.

"Sheriff McColster called the room and said come and get the pain in the ass. He damaged hospital property."

"Mom, please make him go home. I can't have him keep damaging hospital property, especially since I am in it."

"Don't you worry dear. Your dad won't be back here." Joyce said, making her daughter believe her. Buffy knew that when Joyce made a promise, she kept it.

"Thank You mom." Buffy smiled.

---------------------------

"Where is my pain in the ass husband?" Joyce asked, after walking into the station.

Sheriff McColster pointed to in back just as "Damn it Sheriff! I want to call my wife,"

"How much to bail him out?" Joyce asked.

"He just has to pay for the wall he damaged at the hospital and a $500 fine."

Joyce wrote the check out and gave the Sheriff a note to deliver to Hank.

----------------------------

"You are free Hank. Lucky you."

"I am going to see that you are fired after this." Hank yelled, walking out of his cell.

"Not so fast. Here, from your wife."

Hank opened up the letter and read it.

Hank,

Leave and never come back. I want you out of the house when I get back to L.A.
And YOU better get anger management classes too.

Joyce

"Damn her! She will not do this to me!" Hank roared, as he walked ot of the jail. All that could be heard was the inmates laughing as well as Sheriff McColster.