Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and to Spikes mrs for editting this.
Should I be Thankful for…?


Chapter 2


The Monday morning after Thanksgiving, Buffy and Willow sat at a coffee shop not to far away from the UCS campus.


“So did you have a lot of trouble leaving the apartment this morning?” Willow asked her friend.


“No he was asleep, so I left him a note.” Buffy told her best friend.


“I guess that is the benefits about staying with a Vampire and not Giles.” Willow said to Buffy.


“So Giles gave you trouble then?” Buffy asked her friend.


“Yeah, said that we could run into Riley and he might have told who ever is in charge of the group of which he works for.” Willow told her honestly.


“What did you say to that?” Buffy asked her friend feeling so out of the loop since she was staying with Spike.


“That we can’t hide forever.” Willow said.


“Good cause we can’t.” Buffy replied back to Willow.


“Nope, so what has it been like with Spike?” Willow asked her friend knowing what she saw on Thanks giving day.


“Different, he is totally different than what he portrays. He is kind and sensitive to things; I am not sure why Dru gave him up. It is weird to I can totally trust him almost like I know he won’t hurt me.” Buffy honestly told her friend.


Joking some, Willow teased, “Does Buffy have feeling for Spike?”


“Umm, Yeah I think I might.” Buffy told her with an expression on her face, saying please understand don’t make fun of it.


“Its okay Buffy, if you do, you need someone that is strong and I also over heard Giles and Angel after Angel got back from bringing Spike blood the first night.”

“Oh no what did they say?” Buffy asked a little worried that Angel might have told Giles she fed Spike her own blood.


“Giles asked Angel point blank from what he saw that afternoon, are Buffy and Spike going to end up Mated?”


“Mated, what did Angel say?” Buffy asked as she tried not to spit out her coffee at the word mated.


“Angel told him, most likely all the sign are pointing to it and Drusilla also predicted it.” Buffy told her with a look of confusion on her face.


“And they are both okay with it?” Buffy asked a little confused herself.


“Yeah it was strange, almost like saying if Drusilla saw it, it was written in the sands.” Willow told her friend.


“Okay did they not forget that Drusilla is insane?” Buffy wondered to her self but said it out loud.


“She might be insane but according to Giles she is also a Seer, what ever that is.” Willow informed her friend.


“I don’t know, but maybe we should start to head to class.” Buffy suggested to Willow really not wanting to get into now.


“Yeah, Professor Walsh starts in like half and hour.” Willow said looking at the clock behind Buffy on the wall.


As Buffy got up to put on her coat her hair moved off her neck and Willow saw what looked like a fresh bite, so she asked. “Have you been feeding Spike?”


“A couple times” Buffy answered trying to get her friend to understand from the look in her eyes.


“Its okay Buffy, I won’t tell anyone, just be careful.” Willow told her as she got up and put her coat on as well.


“I will Thank you for understanding.” Buffy said as she threw her coffee cup away.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Back at Angel’s old apartment.

Spike was just coming awake and when he rolled over he noticed that Buffy wasn’t lying beside him, like she had for the past few days. Looking around the apartment he didn’t see her, so he let out his senses to try and find her.


After coming to the conclusion she was not there, he got up and heated himself a pack of blood.


As he returned to the living room area, he noticed a note sitting folded on the table. Picking it up he takes a sip of blood and starts to read the note.

Spike
I have gone to class, I hope you understand that I still need to go to school and get and education. I can’t hide, if we do not go to school today people might notice something is up. After all Riley is a TA in one of my classes. Please don’t worry about me I will have Willow with me.
Love
Buffy


Downing the rest of his blood in one gulp, he quickly walked over to the phone and dialed the number to the mansion.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Hearing the phone ring Giles quickly answers it, so it did not wake the sleeping Vampire. “Hello, Rupert Giles speaking, how may I help you?”


“Watcher, she is gone.” A very worried British voice came over the phone.


Reacting to the words Spike just said, Giles goes off on Spike. “How could you do something like that, she was only trying to help you and some how you managed to get your third Slayer, and your what looking for help now from me.”


Hearing Giles from the other room, Angel picked up the other phone that happened to be in his bedroom and said into it “Spike what happened?”


“Buffy’s gone” Was all Spike could say to Angel, before he let the worry over take him again.


Not really believing what Giles was implying he asked Spike, “Were you feeding from her, when it happened?”


“No been drinking that blood you brought over.” Spike told him as if he was talking to a child.


“Then how did she die Childe?” Angel asked Spike reminding him just who he was talking too, still aware that Giles had never hung up yet but was staying silent.

Getting really agitated Spike, let it show in his tone as he said, “Buffy is gone, not dead, I woke up to a note saying she was gone and would be back later.”


Realizing that he had misunderstood Spike, Giles said, “I am sorry Spike, when you said she was gone, I thought she had died some how, but the fact is you were talking about her not being in the apartment gone.”


“Does it say where she went Spike?” Angel asked still trying to calm his Grande-childe.


“Says she went to school.” Spike said before continuing “but that soldier boy is from her school.”


“Yes, Willow went as well, I did not want her to go, I am not sure if it is safe until we find out more about the operation that did what they did to you. But they both believed they needed to make everything look normal.” Giles informed Spike.


“You’re the Watcher go and get them.” Spike ordered.


“They should be home in about an hour Spike.” Giles told Spike.


“What am I suppose to do for an hour?” Spike asked.


“You’ve been around a lot longer than me, I am sure you can think of something. Now if you don’t mind I have work to do.” Giles told him as he hung the phone up.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


30 minutes later, Professor Walsh’s classroom.


“You all have you assignment, so I will see you all on Wednesday, you are dismissed.” She said as she turned her back on the class, and started gathering up her things.


After everyone had left the class, Buffy and Willow were still taking there time to put their things away and walking to the door.

As they went to leave, Maggie looked up at Buffy and said. “Ms. Summer, could I talk to you for a minute?”


Buffy looked over at Willow before saying to Maggie, “Yeah sure what did you want to talk about?”


Stalling Maggie said, “I just wanted to see what you thought of the course.”

While standing in front of Professor Walsh, Buffy sensed someone behind her, quickly answering, “I like it, thanks.” She then turned to her attacker, and quickly gave him a round house kick knocking him to the ground. Just as she was about to take Willows hand and leave Buffy got hit in the back knocking her to the ground. Rolling she jumped back up and gave her attacker a right hook to his face.


Willow quickly realized they were set up and tried to do her best in helping her best friend with a protection spell, but before she could do anything she was knocked out, from behind.


After seeing how Buffy is fighting and her attention briefly got switched to Willow, a long range blaster was shot at Buffy and knocked her out. Riley and a few other of the men quickly grabbed Buffy and left the room with her.


As one of the men went to leave, he stopped at Willow and asked, “What about her?”


“He have no reason be believe she is one of them, we will leave her for now.” Maggie told him as she walked out of the room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


30 minutes later, Willow woke up and looked around, seeing Buffy bag, she picked it up and ran back to the mansion.


As she burst through the mansion door, she yelled out, “Buffy has been taken,” and promptly passed out again.