Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone for all the reviews!! They really mean a lot so keep 'em coming!!!

Natalie x
Chapter 7 Backstage




Adelaide watched as her grandpa and mom talked. When she saw them hug, she walked around to the other side of the stage knowing her mom would be ok for the moment.

She couldn't believe that she was here watching her dad perform. When he finished his song, the crowd went wild and she had to smile. Well, smile bigger than she already was. For the next ten minutes she stood rooted to the spot and just watched him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Alright you lot, I'm taking a quick break, but I'll be back in a bit!”

Spike grinned as he ran off stage and snagged the cigarette that was being held out to him.

“It just gets better and better. The crowd is amazing out there!”

“I know what you mean dude, this crowd is jumping!”

“I know, now aren't you glad that I taught you to play the drums?”

“What? You? Don't make me laugh!”

“You know I did!”

“You so did not!”

“I did too!”

“Ok, ok fine if it makes you sleep better at night, you tell people that. But I know the truth”

“Look luv, what's better, telling people I taught you, or telling them that my dad taught you the basics?”

“Yeah now that you mention it. So how you doing Billy Boy?”

“I'm getting there, how bout you?”

“Me? I'm five by five”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Spike chuckled as he walked over to the bar. After getting his drink, he walked over to a group of chairs set up and sat down.

“Hi”

“Hey there Smidge”

“Uncle Spike, you promised”

“I know but I just can't. I've tried, it's just not gonna happen”

“But Uncle Spike.....”

“No, I can't do it. And I still can't believe your mother could do that to you”

“But didn't she name me after you?”

“That's not the point”

“It so is”

“God you're just like her. Where's your dad? I'm gonna need some help”

“Wow, Uncle Spike, look over there. That's the prettiest girl I've ever seen”

“Smidge, your 12”

“Yeah and in my 12 years that's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Oh my god, she's coming over. Quick be cool!”

As the girl in question got closer she noticed that the conversation they'd been having had stopped.

“Um, hi, I'm, um, sorry to, um, bother you, but I was wondering if I could have your autograph?”

“Course you can”

Spike took the picture she was holding out and signed his name.

“Do you want it personalized?”

“No, that's cool, thanks”

Noticing her accent Spike decided to do a bit of digging for his nephew.

“So where bout's you from?”

“I was born in California but I now live in New York”

“I used to live in California too, many years ago, little place called Sunnydale”

“How cool, wow, that's where I used to live and it's where my Grams and Auntie live!”

“That is cool! And now you live in New York? You like it there?”

“Oh yeah, I love it. I mean we visit my Grams lots but most of the time we're in New York. And I love London so far, cause it's just like NY”

There was something about this girl that was getting to Spike. She seemed so familiar.

“Have we met before?”

He watched the girl's eyes grow big before she mumbled her reply.

“No”

“Oh, it's just I swear I've seen you before. Oh god, how rude am I? Sorry, this is my nephew Smidge”

“Uncle Spike!”

“Sorry, this is William”

“It's nice to meet you. Well I better get going before my mom starts to worry. It was nice meeting you both”

As she walked away she heard Spike ask what her name is.

“It's Adelaide”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Willow is that you?”

“Xander?”

“Sweet Jesus!”

“It's been so long!”

“It has. You look amazing!”

“Thanks so do you. So what are you doing here? I didn't think you played any more?”

“I don't I'm just with the band. Ha, I love saying that! Nah, my wife's in the band”

“You're married?”

“Yep nearly 7 years now”

“Oh my god, Xander, that's great!”

“Thanks Wills. How about you? Any men fallen under Willows charm?”

“I'm a lesbian”

“Really? How's that working out for you? Please tell me all the details!”

“Xander!”

“What?”

“Behave!”

“Oh fine. But um, could you do you me a favour and not tell the Mrs?”

“Sure Xand”

“DAD”

“Oh and by the way, I have a son!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“What's up Smidge?”

“Dad! If it's not you it's Uncle Spike!”

“Sorry kiddo”

“I've got something to tell you! I was just with Uncle Spike and I met the girl I'm gonna marry!”

“Smidge, you're 12!”

“You're just like Uncle Spike”

“You take that back!”

“Ha, no!”

“Ok, tell me all about this pretty girl”

Willow smiled as she watched Xander and his son talk. However her eyes widened when she heard the description of the girl.

“Wait! Adelaide met Spike?”

“Yeah, how do you know her name?”

“Because she's with me. What did she say to you?”

“Well she didn't speak to me just Uncle Spike. He asked her about where she was from and found out she used to live where he used to live, which is also where my mom and dad used to live. Wow that was a mouthful! Oh and she asked for his autograph”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


“So how've you been?”

“Not too bad”

“That's good. I'm sorry about the cry fest. It's just been a long time”

“It's ok Buffy. So how's your mother?”

“Yeah she's good. She still has the gallery, which is doing really well”

“Good, that's good. And how is Dawn?”

“She's cool. She's just finished her art history degree so she's doing well. Oh and engaged now!”

“Really? That's wonderful news!”

“Yeah. They're really good for each other, it's like they balance each other”

“Good, good. And what about you Buffy?”

“We already answered me Giles”

“No, Buffy. I meant are you with anyone?”

“No. Is he?”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


“Willow!”

“Adelaide! I've been looking everywhere for you!”

“Same here. Willow, you're never gonna believe it?!”

“You met your dad?”

“Damn, how'd you know?”

“A little birdy told me. But Addy, you gotta be careful sweetie, he doesn't know who you are. I know you wanna meet him properly, but you have to wait for your mom to tell him”

“I know, it's just, it was like I couldn't help it. I saw him and just had to talk to him. And plus boys are still kinda icky right now, but there was this boy with him, who was a little cute!”

Willow smiled as Adelaide launched into a full blown story of what happened between her and Spike and the quietness of the boy named Smidge.

TBC