Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm very happy that so many of you seemed to enjoy the first chapter, thank you so much for all the lovely reviews! I really hope you'll like the rest of the story as well. I have the next 2 chapters finished, and the next 3 after that almost finished in my head, so I hope I'll be able to update at least a couple of times a week.
It took a moment before Spike’s mind had registered just what it was he had accidentally walked into. The dark-haired man stood up and gave him a smug grin. “Hey, I know you. You wanna have her when I’m done with her?”

Spike looked at him, a cold expression on his face. “You don’t know a bloody thing about me.” He glanced at the girl, deciding that she would be safe for now, and turned his attention back to the man. “Consider yourself lucky, mate.”

The man, whose smile had faltered a little at Spike’s reaction, let out a nervous laugh. “Why’s that?”

“’Cause instead of killing you, I’ll settle for just knocking you unconscious. But if I’ll ever see you near a girl again…” Spike left the rest of the sentence hanging, looking the other man right in the eyes.

Gulping, the man held up his hands in defense. “Come on, man, don’t be like this. I’ve seen you around, you always…” He hesitated. “You don’t care about other people. You just…” Then he swallowed. “Besides, the bitch asked for this, she came out here willingly. I didn’t hurt her.”

Yet, Spike thought grimly as he looked at the blond girl who was still covering in the corner. It only took one look to see that whatever reason she’d had for following the dark-haired man outside, right now she was terrified. He lowered his voice when he addressed her, quietly, not wanting to startle her anymore than she already was. “You wanted this, pet?” She looked up at him then, staring at him with wide eyes before slowly shaking her head. He nodded in confirmation and turned back to the man with a raised brow. “You were saying?”

The man suddenly lost his temper. “This is none of your fucking business! Just get the hell out of here, I’m not afraid of you. And if you’ll ever tell anyone…”

Spike moved so fast, the other man never got a chance to defend himself. The strong blow hit him straight in the face and took him by surprise; he didn’t even let out a cry of pain as he went down, hitting his head on the brick wall behind him and ending up flat on his back. Delivering a series of hard kicks to the fallen man’s stomach, Spike didn’t stop until he heard a loud, cracking sound and knew that he must have hit a rib. Then he stepped back, panting, and watched the now unconscious man with disgust.

Suddenly he remembered the girl, and turned away from the bleeding man on the ground. Approaching her slowly, he realized that she had yet to move an inch. She was still huddling against the wall, having witnessed his violent actions and was now watching him with fear in her eyes. He stopped when she let out a small whimper, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her voice was nothing more than a whisper when she finally spoke, her entire body shaking with fear. “Please, don’t hurt me…”

He froze in his tracks, staring at her in confusion. Then he realized that she wasn’t just trembling from the aftermath of the attempted rape. She was terrified of him as well.


*~*~*


Buffy Summers hadn’t wanted to go to the local night club; The Bronze, that night in the first place. In fact, when her cousin, Faith, first suggested it, Buffy had simply refused to go. But Faith was known for being very persistent when there was something she really wanted, and tonight had been no exception. So, less than an hour later, the two girls were happily taking over the dance floor, and much to her surprise, Buffy soon found herself having a good time.

To tell the truth, the reason why she had enjoyed the night out as much as she did was mostly because of the attention she had gotten from the male population of the club. And she knew that the outfit she had chosen for herself - a short, black leather skirt and a tight, green halter neck top, showing a lot of her tanned skin - had much to do with it. She had been dancing back and forth with a couple of different guys, ignoring the annoyed looks she had received from some of the other girls, when he had walked up to her. Liam Angelus. Angel.

She’d had a crush on the tall, dark-haired, handsome man all through high school, but he had never even looked her way. Until tonight, that was. So when he had given her a sexy smile and asked her if she wanted to dance, Buffy had been thrilled. They had been dancing, slowly, to a couple of songs when Angel had suggested that they would head out to ‘get some fresh air’. Too happy at finally being noticed by the man of her dreams, Buffy hadn’t suspected anything when he led her back to the dark alley until it was already too late.

He had started kissing her fiercely, almost violently, and she didn’t object at first, even though the whole situation for some reason suddenly felt very wrong. Eventually, she had tried to pull back a little, nervously asking him to take things a little slower. He had just laughed. Telling her that he was going to fuck her and that there would be nothing she could do about it. To shocked to even scream, she had just started sobbing quietly when he ripped off her clothes. Never before had she been in a situation where she didn’t have full control, so instead of screaming, or fighting to get free, she had just broken down. Then he had shown up.

Buffy knew who Spike was, of course, everybody did. But nobody seemed to really know him, and wherever he would show up, he was always alone. She was certain that she had never seen him back in school, although she assumed that he was probably a couple of years older than her. There were rumors going around that he was from England, that he had been in jail for killing someone, and that he had moved to Sunnydale after his parents had kicked him out. Buffy wasn’t sure of how much truth lied in those rumors, but Spike was definitely the last person she wanted to meet in a dark alley. But here they were.

She had watched in shock as Spike started beating on her attacker, and first when Angel had stopped moving, he had backed off. Then he started towards her, and the relief of being rescued was quickly replaced with terror. Would Spike hurt her as well? Would he just take over where Angel had left off? Not able to keep the tears from falling, all she could think of was pleading with him to leave her alone. She inhaled shakily. “Please, don’t hurt me…”


TBC