Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry for the delay. I wish I could promise it won't ever happen again, but RL keeps getting in the way and it also seems that my muse doesn't think I should be writing anymore. Of course, I intend to try and keep writing on my fics until they are both complete, I just don't know how often I'll be able to update. But I'll promise to do my best. I just hope you haven't gotten tired of waiting and that I haven't lost all of my readers.
”So, did you tell your mum you’re staying here again tonight?” Spike did his best to act casual when he asked the question, hoping she would say yes but not wanting to sound too eager or desperate. The truth was, he didn’t look forward to sleeping without Buffy, having gotten used to having her around. Even though she wouldn’t be able to keep his nightmares away, he knew he would feel better with her right there next to him. But that wasn’t the only reason he wanted her to stay. When he was with Buffy, he felt complete. And when he wasn’t, he felt like a part of himself was missing.

After leaving Buffy’s house a couple of hours ago, they had gone back to his apartment where they were now half lying, happily snuggled up together on the couch in front of the tv. Spike had put on a movie, but found himself having a hard time focusing on what was happening on the screen. Every now and then he would glance down at the beautiful girl in his arms, wondering again how he could possibly be so lucky to deserve her. Running his fingers through her long, golden hair, he didn’t miss the way she closed her eyes and let out a happy little sigh.

Now she giggled a little. “Yeah, I told her just when we were about to leave, expecting her to object. But she was totally cool about it. I think she really likes you.” Spike was surprisingly pleased to hear that, although he didn’t say anything. Instead he just tightened his grip around her and brushed his lips against her cheek. Buffy smiled and shifted in his arms so she could look at him. “This is nice. I could stay like this forever.”

Spike nodded. “Yeah, me too.” He really meant it. For years, he had dreaded the mere thought of body contact with anyone, but for some reason, he just couldn’t get enough of being close to Buffy. Now he remembered how he had enjoyed the way they had been dancing the other night at The Bronze, knowing that he had reacted in a way that probably had amazed them both. The thought of getting a massive hard-on from being physically close to another person had simply not existed for him before; the very idea would have sickened him. But suddenly he realized that not only had he truly enjoyed it, he wanted to experience the same thing again.

Of course, the thought of having sex still scared him, but for the first time ever, he found himself wondering if the whole idea suddenly hadn’t come to seem at least slightly less repulsive. Maybe there was still hope for him after all. He glanced at Buffy, wondering if he should say anything, but decided against it, not wanting to disappoint her. Because he still wasn’t sure he would ever be truly ready to go all the way in their relationship. But still, the fact that he could even consider it without panicking had to mean something, right? He decided that it was at least a small step in the right direction. Hell, who was he kidding? It was a huge step.

“What are you thinking about?” Spike almost jumped when Buffy spoke, having been lost in his thoughts. She gave him a somewhat worried look. “Something wrong?”

“No.” He gave her an assuring smile. “Just thinking, is all. Nothing serious.” A pause. “I love you, you know that, right?”

Her worried expression changed into a warm smile and she beamed at him. “I know, baby. I love you, too.” Buffy snuggled even closer to him on the couch, gasping in surprise when he suddenly pulled her up on his lap so she was straddling him. She couldn’t help but moan when he buried his face against her neck, nuzzling her hair before starting to place soft kisses down her collar bone. Then she wondered what had caused him to take their usually innocent snuggling to this new level, knowing perfectly well how reluctant he had been up until now.

Of course, she supposed that wasn’t entirely true. She knew that Spike had slowly started to change, and every day he seemed to open up a little more around her. Still, she didn’t want to scare him away, or make him feel uncomfortable, by doing something he wouldn’t be ready for. Although, sometimes she wanted him so much she feared she would go crazy. After all, the guy was totally hot. With his bleached blonde hair, amazingly blue eyes and perfect cheek bones, he looked like a Greek god, and sometimes Buffy had to remind herself not to start drooling in front of him. Because Spike was, without doubt, the most gorgeous guy she had ever seen.

As Buffy wriggled on his lap to find a more comfortable position, she was a little surprised, yet very pleased, when it only took a moment before she once again could feel his hardening erection against her. This time he didn’t even seem to be embarrassed, much to her relief. An sudden idea occurred to her, and she pulled back slightly and looked at him. “You trust me, right?”

Spike frowned. “Course I do. You know that. Why?” Instead of answering, Buffy moved away from his lap, a playful smile on her lips. He grunted in objection. “Hey, where are you going?”

Still smiling, she placed her hand on his thigh. “Just trust me. If you don’t like it, I’ll stop.”

His eyes widened when she started moving her hand, letting her fingers run up and down his thigh in a gentle caress. After a couple of minutes, she slowly moved her hand until she reached the hard bulge she had clearly felt under his black jeans, rubbing it softly. When Spike gasped and she felt him tense up, she immediately glanced at him to make sure he was okay with what she was doing. At first he just stared at her, like he wasn’t quite sure of what was happening. Then he closed his eyes and let out a soft moan, which she took as a sign to continue. But to be absolutely sure, she paused for a moment. “This okay? Should I stop?”

Spike’s eyes snapped open, and Buffy had to suppress a giggle at the horrified expression on his face. “I take that as a ‘no’, then,” she mumbled.

He let out a shuddering breath before closing his eyes again as she kept stroking him. “God, Buffy…” Suddenly he was painfully aware of how tight and uncomfortable his jeans had become. And wasn’t it very hot in the apartment?

“Spike?” He opened his eyes again when she spoke. “Do you want…?”

“No!” He interrupted her, surprising them both by grabbing her hand and holding it firmly in place so she wouldn’t be able to pull away. “Don’t stop.”

Buffy looked amused. “I won’t,” she promised, giving him an assuring smile. “I just thought you might be a little more comfortable if you’d pull down your pants a little.”


TBC