First off, I want to apologize for making a rather big booboo. Willow is 76, not 66. My math must have been really off when I wrote that chapter. Sorry everybody! I think I only made one reference to her age, and I corrected it.

Chapter 9

Spike managed to get to his destination. He stepped on the porch, glancing down at Angela. She was still, her face drained of color. He could almost feel the life leaving her little-by-little. He spoke, trying to reassure himself. “We’re here, pet. You’re gonna be fine. He’ll fix ya up.” His voice cracked.

His fist pounded on door, frantically. The door opened to reveal Rebecca. She gasped at the bloody bundle in his arms. Her hand came up to cup her mouth in horror.

“Where’s George!?” Spike shouted. “Is he here!?”

Rebecca didn’t respond. Her eyes kept staring at Angela in shock. Spike bumped past her into the residence.

Just as he entered, Katie was coming down the stairs. Her eyes widened when she saw him.

“Where’s your father!?” Spike questioned in a rush. “Is he here!?”

“Dad!” Katie called. She gripped the banister, her eyes shut tightly from the reality of what was happening.

George came out of the bedroom upstairs. “What the hell is the matter!?” he demanded.

Spike took off toward him. Pleading with the man he despised, he said, “Help her!”

They shared a look. In silence they agreed to put their differences aside for this emergency.

George gestured to the bedroom. “Lay her on the bed,” he commanded. Meanwhile, he went to get some medical things.

The bed was neat and clean. Spike almost hated to taint it with blood. Blood from the woman he loved. He finally admitted it then. And he felt guilty for doing so, having promised Buffy that she would always be the only one. But it was real just the same, even if he didn’t want to.

Gently, he placed her down. She made no appearance of being alive, and he wondered if she could have slipped away without him realizing it. He was about to check when George pushed him aside.

The doctor examined Angela, Spike watching not far away. A hand touched his shoulder, making him jump. It was Rebecca. “Come down and let me bandage your chest,” she ordered. He had forgotten completely about the cut that the demon had made. He glanced down to see his shirt torn with a stain of red. His head came up, his gaze falling back to Rebecca, blankly. She must have understood that she wasn’t getting through to him because she didn’t remark on him staying put.

George turned, his face grim. He remained silent.

Spike couldn’t bring himself to speak. Rebecca did, however, asking, “How bad is it?”

“She needs a transfusion. Even if we got to the hospital it wouldn’t be in time,” George stated with remorse.

Rebecca took Spike’s arm, but he jerked her off. He staggered over to the bed. “Leave me,” he requested, a little harshly. The husband and wife obeyed, shutting the door behind them.

Cold seemed to engulf him. Vampires were immune to temperature, but he was positive he felt a chilling essence fill the room. It had come to take his angel away. He collapsed to his knees, not having any strength to support himself. He reached over and took her, cradling her close. Trembles shot through his body as he wept.

Muffled, he said, “Don’t go. Don’t go.” It was the day with Glory all over again, but worse. Because he hadn’t been holding Buffy when she died. He couldn’t sense his love being pulled away as he did now, helpless to stop it.

He abruptly raised his head. He wasn’t totally powerless. There was one alternative. If he gave her his blood, and then drank hers . . . No, he couldn’t do it. Not to his angel. He couldn’t turn his day into the terrible night.

His thumb brushed down her flawless cheek. “I love YOU. Not some memory I’m trying to hold onto. I want the future. A future with you.” Tears blurred his vision, streaking down his face. “But we can’t have that, can we?” He placed a quick kiss on her sweet lips. “Say hello to the other angels for me.”

|} - - -> <- - - {|

After Spike left Fredrick’s house, he couldn’t get to sleep. Finally he gave up, getting out of bed. He grabbed the book from the council, and turned to the prophesy. Then he took the pad of paper that contained his notes.

He read what he had so far, and then skimmed through the jargon filling the ancient text. His brain sprang into action, it all coming together at last.

One with no beginning and no end

She who is who she was, and was not who she is

Making up what has never been

Blood of yesterday pumps renewal for today

Trickles until gone, and fills up again

Light Bearer for the Dark Keeper

Hand in hand

Set the clock of time back

Rise from the dark

Breath from the light

Army of stars to brighten the blanket of night

Fredrick dropped his pen. He was done. Not being able to believe it, he sat there in a daze. When his motor skills returned, he reached out for the phone to call the council.

_____________________________________________

End of Part 1- Absence of Time. What does that mean for you? Not a dang thing except next part will have Part 2- Awakening at the top.