Chapter 17

“Honey, is there something you want to tell me?”

Buffy took a bite of her sandwich. “What do you mean?”

Joyce pointed to her neck. “You have a little something here.”

Buffy’s eyes widened. She jumped up and headed to the nearest mirror, gasping at the huge hickey that she found on her neck. “Oh god,” she claimed.

Joyce followed after her. “I think we need to talk.”

Buffy knew it would happen, but she was hoping it would be later. “I’m sorry; I didn’t know that was there.”

Joyce nodded, dreading her next question. “Are you and Spike having sex?”

She avoided her mother’s gaze, looking back at her after a few seconds. “Yes, I’m really sorry. I know we were supposed to talk about this first, but it kind of just happened. It was only three times so far, and I promise we were always safe. I know I’m still really young, but I love him. You remember what it was like to be my age and in love, so you can’t tell me that I don’t know what I’m feeling. I can see that I’m rambling now, which I tend to do when I’m nervous. So, I’m just gonna shut up and let you do the talking.”

Joyce couldn’t help the small smile that formed on her face. “I do know what it’s like. I can’t say that I’m very happy about this, Buffy. You’re only seventeen, so I can’t say that I’ll ever be happy about this. You know that you can always talk to me, right? I’m always here for you.”

“I know that, it was just hard to talk to you about this. I was afraid that you might stop me from seeing him or something.”

Joyce shook her head. “I know how much he means to you, sweetie. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this happy before. I wouldn’t do anything to take that away from you, but just to be safer; you’re going on the pill. I’ll schedule you a doctor’s appointment for next week.”

She nodded eagerly, moving closer to hug her mother. “Thanks, Mom.”

Joyce patted her on the back, pulling out of the embrace a moment later. “I think you should invite Spike over for dinner this weekend. Rupert and I would like the chance to get to know him better.”

Buffy smiled; relieved that the conversation seemed to go well.


* * * * *


“Are you sure that your step-father likes me now? He doesn’t own a gun, does he?”

Buffy laughed. “I promise that you’re safe. Giles assured me that he would be on his best behavior; you have nothing to worry about. Besides, I made sure that he locked up all of the weapons.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “Oh, you’re bloody hilarious.”

She shrugged and pulled him into her house.

“You were just kidding, right?” he wondered.

Buffy didn’t answer.

“Pet, that’s not funny.”


* * * * *


Spike stared down at her, noticing the grimace on her face.

“Are you okay?”

She nodded. “Yeah, just a little sore. I’ll be fine.”

Spike suddenly felt guilty. “I knew it was too soon after the last time, we should have waited a little longer.”

Buffy stopped him from moving away. “Don’t you dare, it feels better now. Come on, don’t wuss out on me.”

He sent her a glare. “I will make you eat those words, missy.”

Buffy moaned as Spike fucked her harder, hitting all the right spots. It had been a few months since she was put on the pill. She was now eighteen and a soon to be high school graduate. Buffy and Spike were practically inseparable, even more in love than either thought was possible.

Spike pulled out of her once they both reached orgasm, resting at her side and trying to control his breathing. “Never a dull moment with you, love.”

She smiled and snuggled up closer to him. “Good to know.”

“So, I’ve decided to go to UC Sunnydale. That’s where you’re going, right?”

Buffy glanced up at him. “Yeah, but I thought you said that you didn’t think college was for you?”

He shrugged. “I changed my mind. Do you think they have coed dorms?”

She slapped him lightly on the chest. “I don’t think so.”

“What about coed showers?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on her face. “I’m going to sleep now.”

Spike pouted, but made himself more comfortable. “We graduate in a few weeks. I never thought that would ever happen for me. I was starting to think that I would end up repeating my senior year. All it took was one small, blonde girl to make me want to actually do well in school. I owe you a lot, Buffy. More than you could possibly know.” He figured she was already asleep, until he heard a soft sniffle. “Baby, are you crying?”

She shook her head. “No, I just have something in my eye.”

Spike didn’t believe that and turned her to look at him, concerned when he saw the tears. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Buffy wiped at her eyes. “Sorry, I just feel the same way. What you said means a lot to me, and I never realized just how much I would have missed. I never thought I would get to see my graduation, or go to college. I know I was always positive around my mom and Giles, but I’ve been terrified for so long. I was so scared that I would die, that I would never get any of this. For a while there I started to lose hope, but you’ve given me so much. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Spike started to feel tears of his own at her words, pulling her closer to his side and pressing a kiss to the top of her head. “You’ll never have to find out. I love you, Buffy. Nothing will ever change that. If I lost you, it would have bloody killed me. Bad choice of words?” he wondered, relieved to see her smile.

“No, everything’s perfect,” she replied, resting her head against his chest.

He held her tighter. “About that whole coed dorm thing, do you think we can try and convince the college to make it happen?”

Buffy let out a sigh. “You’re just lucky I love you. Now, go to sleep.”

Spike smiled and did as she said. Feeling that for the first time in his life, he was actually lucky.

The End


Well, there you have it. I think I did all that I could with this story, without dragging it on and adding more angst that just wouldn’t work. Besides, I did say this wouldn’t be too heavy on the angst. Thanks to all those that read and reviewed=)