Author's Chapter Notes:
My warning for sexual situations in this chapter is phone sex. Honestly, I don't know how good I wrote it, so be kind. I think I liked the way I got into their heads when I originally wrote it and it still makes sense to me, but when I reread it it also sounds a little corny. Review!! Tell me what you think! :)
Chapter 16 – Stronger

Buffy woke up alone for the second day in a row since she’d been in Sunnydale. After Spike had come to town she hadn’t woken up alone at all. Even though it had only been 2 days since he’d left Buffy missed him terribly.

She shook herself and answered her ringing cell phone. “Hi,” she said sweetly.

“Good morning, love.”

She grumbled audibly as she laid back down while she talked to him. “I hate waking up alone.”

“I know, pet. But it won’t be for long.” ‘I just hope she’ll move in with me when I find the right time to ask her,’ he thought.

Buffy grumbled again.

“Did you sleep well at least?”

“Yeah, I slept okay,” she conceded.

“Don’t be so grumpy,” he teased.

“Humph…”

“I miss you.”

That softened her a little. “I miss you too.”

“What are you wearing?” he asked huskily.

“Oh, a lacy tank top and black panties,” she whispered.

“Touch yourself for me, Buffy.”

“Tell me what you want me to do,” was her sultry reply.

“Slide your hand inside your panties.”

“Mmm,” she hummed into the phone.

“Slide your finger along your slit.”

“Then what?”

“Tell me how warm and wet you are.”

“So warm baby… so wet for you… only you can do this to me…”

“Buffy,” his strangled voice came through the phone line. He cleared his throat and said, “Slide your finger inside, nice and slow.”

“Spike… I need you. Tell me you need me. Tell me what I do to you.”

“God, pet… you make me crazy. You drive me wild. You make my blood run hot. One touch, one little word, one look from you could send me over the edge.”

“Keep going. Talk to me. Your voice. I need to hear your voice while I’m touching myself. With my eyes closed I can imagine it’s you. Tell me anything.”

“I’m so hard right now Buffy. I’m aching for you. I can’t wait to see you. I need to be inside you. I need to feel you around me, surrounding me. I need you. I need to feel your touch. I have to relieve myself. Tell me you want me to.”

“Yes, yes William. I want you to. I want you to bring yourself off while I’m doing the same. Keep talking. I need you so much. Tell me what you’re doing. Tell me what you’re feeling.”

“So hard, Buffy. Hard for you. It feels like you’re touching me. Tell me how you’d do it.”

“Slow at first. Slow and steady for a while to keep you right at the brink. Then just when you’re almost there… I squeeze you a little tighter and I stroke you a little faster. I keep going until you’re there baby.”

“God Buffy…” he gasped. “Keep going. Talk to me. I need to hear your voice.”

“Spike, I want you so badly. I need you…”

“Call me William.”

“William… William…” Then her voice got a little sharper as she neared her own climax. “William!”

“Buffy. I want you too. I need you.”

When she heard him panting she knew that he had reached his orgasm too. “Well, now… my morning is off to a good start,” she said with a smile he could almost see.

“Mine too, pet. Mine too.”

“I don’t know what I’m going to do without you for nearly another week.”

“Is that how long you’re going to be there?” he asked, trying to keep his voice from betraying how hard this would be on him.

“Yeah, Mom’s getting a lot better, but I don’t want to leave too soon, you know?”

“I understand Buffy. You don’t have to explain yourself to me. I love you.”

“I love you too, William. Have a good day.”

“You too, pet. I’ll talk to you tonight, okay.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”


After taking a shower and cleaning herself off, Buffy headed downstairs to find Will eating breakfast with her mom. Buffy smiled at her mom and kissed Will on the cheek. “Morning pumpkin, how’d you sleep?”

“Good,” he said taking another bite of cereal.

“And how about you Mom?”

“Good, except for the night sweats.”

“It’s one of the side effects of the meds. I’ll call the doctor to see if there’s anything we can do to help with them though, okay?”

“Thanks sweetie. You’re taking such good care of me, and I love having Will here. He’s such a happy camper.”

“That he is,” Buffy said with a smile as she drank her cup of coffee.

“Is Dawn already at school?” Buffy asked a few minutes later.

“Yeah, Janice picked her up early. Apparently her mom just bought her a car, so Dawn’s asking me for one now.”

“You should just tell her you never got me a car.”

“I did, but she insists that she’s a better driver than you.”

“Oh?” Buffy poised it in the formed of a question. “Maybe I should take her out and give her a driving lesson.” Buffy suggested.

“If you want to you are more than welcome to, dear.”

“I’ll think about it,” she said diplomatically. “Today though, I need to take a look at that home-schooling stuff I got in the mail yesterday. See if Will and I can get started on it.”

“Don’t push him too hard, honey.”

“I won’t Mom.”


A few hours later Buffy had called the doctor and they said they had a new medication for her mom that she could pick up in the afternoon. The new medicine should help with the queasiness and the night sweats.

While she waited until the medication would be ready she got some sandwiches ready for Will, her mom, and herself for lunch later. Then she read through some of Will’s home-schooling information and decided she would try to cover some of it with him tomorrow morning. He was always more energetic in the morning.

She still had a couple of hours before she’d be going to the hospital so she found her mom in the house and asked, “Will and I are going to go for a walk. Do you want to join us?” She looked at her mom and added, “It might help you feel better.”

“You’re right. And I think getting out of the house for a bit would do me some good.”

A few minutes later they were outside surrounded by fresh air and enjoying a little walk through the neighborhood. It seemed to be doing Joyce a world of good too.

Will was hopping along just in front of them and they talked about all sorts of things along the walk. Then the conversation turned to Spike.

“How are you and William?”

“Better, but it’s hard being separated at the moment,” Buffy said honestly.

“You two grew quite close again while he was here,” Joyce inquired.

“Yeah, we really did. He helped me a lot, and we took a step forward in our relationship.”

“What will happen when you go back to San Francisco?”

“I’m not sure. We’ve talked about Will and me spending a weekend with him in LA. He wants to take us to Disney Land.”

“I’m sure Will would love that.” Joyce said. “That distance won’t be easy either though,” came the motherly voice of reason.

“I know. I’ve thought about that too, but right now we’re still working things out, and he’s just started getting back on his feet with the band. In the last 2 days they recorded 3 or 4 songs.” Buffy was excited for him and it showed.

“That’s great dear. I’m very happy for you both. I just want you to think about the future. I want you to be happy, and I want you to make your own future. Do you understand?”

“I do, Mom. I am thinking about the future. I just don’t want to get too far ahead of myself. I don’t know how far he’s willing to take us.”

“All your dreams will come true; just give it some time, Buffy.”

Buffy smiled. “You always know what to say.” She slid her hand into her mom’s as they continued walking for a while yet.


Chapter End Notes:
Well.... review!!! Reviews (both good & bad) feed the muse!

And special thanks to cordykitten, cissi, photography nut, and my other reviewers :) You all keep me going!