Author's Chapter Notes:
Fluff chapter
Chapter 24 – Moving Day

The next few weeks followed with trips back and forth to LA to move things. Mostly Buffy was left in Sunnydale packing up everything from the house. She and Dawn decided to give away the things of their mother’s that they weren’t going to use, such as her clothes. The hardest part about packing was having to go through all of their mother’s things, but even Dawn wanted to be there to help with that. She was handling the move quite well, and she’d started to talk to Buffy some about the way she was feeling about losing their mom. The more they spoke about it the more that Buffy thought that Spike’s idea might be a good one, but she would wait until they were settled in LA to talk to Dawn about going to see a grief counselor.

It was mid October when everything in the house was packed up. While moving things earlier in the month Buffy had spent a few nights without Spike, and they were moving their beds last. Tonight he was spending her last night in her room with her. It was a bittersweet feeling for Buffy to be moving tomorrow. She was incredibly happy to be moving in with Spike, but it was sad to be saying goodbye to her old home. This was the place she had grown up. Her room held so many memories, dear memories.

Tomorrow they were leaving this house and moving to LA. They’d already had Dawn’s paperwork sent to the school she would be attending in LA and Buffy had spoken to Spike about putting Will in a school there too. With both of them going back to work Buffy didn’t see them having time to home school Will anymore. Buffy had even managed to talk to Lorne about the move. He was excited for her, having known from the way she talked about her friend back in Sunnydale that he was the one. Lorne just said, “I’m intuitive like that, sweetie.” She’d had to smile at that. She had grown to love her boss in a friendly way and had confided in him about what had happened with Spike so long ago. It had been good to get it off her chest, especially when she’d been going through so much with Will as a toddler at the time.

Being that Lorne was excited for her, he agreed to let her work with his partner Wesley at the LA branch of the design business. Buffy had met Wesley a few times over the last few years. He had come to San Francisco to meet with Lorne about different accounts and occasions that they were handling. Lorne told Buffy that he would call Wesley and let him know that she would be transferring to LA and for her to call him when she was settled in and able to start work. Everything seemed to be falling into place beautifully and it made it that much easier for Buffy to make the big move.

Morning came and Buffy greeted the new day with a smile. She turned over and ran her fingers through Spike’s hair, effectively waking the still sleeping man. Slowly she leaned in and kissed him softly. “Good morning,” she murmured.

He smiled and pulled her closer. “Mornin’ pet.” Then he kissed her again, careful not to get carried away when they had so much to do today.

She smiled against his lips and pushed him away before things got too far gone. “We’d better get out of bed.”

“Before we spend all day in bed,” he finished, kissing her once more.

“Yeah…something like that,” she said a little breathlessly.

Another smile lit up his face. He liked knowing he had this effect on her. “Let’s get a move on then.”

Buffy hopped out of bed before he did. She wanted this day to be over. It wasn’t that she wasn’t looking forward to moving. She just wanted to be in Spike’s place. She wanted to be spending her first night in her new home instead of taking all day moving the last of her things from this home.

“I’m grabbing a shower,” Spike said, getting out of bed and going into the bathroom.

“Mhmm,” Buffy mumbled distractedly.

It was easy to get dressed. She only had one set of clothes left unpacked for this reason exactly. She didn’t need to waste time deciding on what to wear. Today she needed to wear something comfortable and easy to move around in. Somehow she couldn’t bring herself to get dressed yet though. She’d been standing there in front of her neatly folded clothes laying on top of a few boxes for several minutes when Spike came out of the shower. She didn’t even turn to look at him as she heard him walk over to her.
“Buffy?” he said, his attention focused on her. He noticed she hadn’t moved since he left the room. “Are you alright?” he asked, standing right behind her.

She didn’t say anything. She just stared at her clothes. Cold feet. Maybe that’s what this was. This was the last time she was going to get dressed in this house, the place where she’d spent so many years.

“Buffy,” he whispered softly, kissing her shoulder. “Love, say something. Tell me what you’re thinking.”

“I’m just thinking about everything that’s happened in this house and that this is the last time I’ll get dressed here, the last time I’ll do anything here.”

Her voice was quiet, and Spike tried not to get worried. That wasn’t the easiest of tasks when it came to Buffy. With her it was so easy to get worried. He loved her so much and yet he was afraid of losing her again, of watching her slip through his fingers. “I’m right here, pet,” he whispered again.

“I know,” she said, leaning back so her back was pressed to his chest. “I’m not changing my mind. I still want to move in with you. It’s just weird to be saying goodbye to this house after… everything that’s happened here.”

He wrapped his arms around her waist. He just held her silently for a few minutes before he felt her pat his hands. Then he watched her step forward and begin to get dressed. He knew that she was still dealing with the loss of her mother. It was going to be a long road before she was ok again. She had a lot to deal with and he was going to be there every step of the way. There wasn’t thing that would make him run away again. He loved her more than anything and he wasn’t about to let her go this time.


They both got dressed and went downstairs. All of the kitchen supplies had already been packed up, so Spike went out to buy some quick breakfast while Buffy got Dawn and Will up. By the time he was back with donuts, coffee, and juice the kids were dressed and waiting in the kitchen. The U-Haul was already parked in the driveway. Spike would be driving that to LA while Buffy would be driving her mom’s jeep.

Breakfast passed quickly and everyone got to work loading the last of the boxes into the U-Haul and the jeep. Xander came over to help Spike move the last of the furniture into the moving truck. When noon rolled around they were all set to go and Willow had arrived to say goodbye as well. There were hugs and kisses and a few tears along with promises to visit before too long. With all the goodbyes said, Buffy got Dawn and Will in the jeep and Spike climbed in the U-Haul and they were off.


A few hours and a couple snack and bathroom stops later they were driving into LA. Once they’d maneuvered their way through LA traffic Will had fallen asleep in the car and Dawn was watching the city buildings pass by as they drove down the street. Spike was driving ahead of them and when Dawn noticed they were finally getting into a residential area she perked up.

“Are we close?” she asked, excitement entering her voice.

“Very,” Buffy replied, glancing in the rearview mirror at her sleeping son. A smile ghosted her lips. He looked so peaceful. She wished she could be that peaceful sometimes, but adults don’t get that often.

A few minutes later Spike was pulling to a stop on the side of the road and Buffy was parking behind him. Buffy got out of the jeep and met Spike on the sidewalk while Dawn stayed in the car with Will for a moment longer.

“We can move the stuff from the truck in tomorrow if you’d like or I can call over some of the guys from the band and they can help us move stuff in tonight. It’s up to you and there’s already furniture here for everyone to sleep on and clothes to wear tomorrow.”

“We can wait until tomorrow,” she said with a soft smile. “How about you lead Dawn in and I’ll follow with Will?” Buffy suggested.

He nodded and watched as Buffy motioned for Dawn to get out and follow him. Then she opened the back door to get Will out. Spike made sure that the U-Haul was safely locked and he led the way into his house.

It was one of those small houses that sat in a row of houses on a city street. The neighborhood was nice, so it was a slight surprise that a rocker like him was living in such a place and not a swanky bachelor pad. Spike had already gone through that phase though. He’d had this house for a little more than a year now and it suited him just fine.

Buffy carried Will upstairs and followed Spike to the room he had set up for him. It was a nice setup with a child’s bed and ‘Cars’ bedding. She smiled at all that Spike had done already. She didn’t know that he had done this for Will. It surprised her a little, that he was so thoughtful about everything, but then she’d known that he could be.

After they tucked Will into his bed they went back downstairs to the kitchen. It was still early evening, so Spike and Buffy decided to start making something for dinner. Dawn was in the living room looking around curiously. Buffy smiled at Spike as they both saw her.

“She’ll be fine,” Spike whispered as he came to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist just like he had that morning.

“I know.” Her hands moved over top of his for a moment. “So, what should we do for dinner?”

“Can we do chicken parmesan?” Dawn suggested from the other room.

Buffy looked at Spike and he in turn looked through the fridge, checking for ingredients. “Yeah, I think we can pull that off,” he said cheerfully.


Dinner passed without much event. Will woke up from his nap when the food was almost ready, and with the groceries Spike had gotten a few days earlier they were able to pull off the chicken parmesan that Dawn had requested. After dinner Buffy and Spike let Dawn and Will watch a little TV while they started unpacking a few things. They didn’t really get far. It had been a long day and Buffy was pretty tired of the moving process. At the moment she just wanted to go to bed and deal with all the unpacking in the morning.

Once the kids were in bed and Buffy had taken a shower she joined Spike in the master bedroom. In their brief bout of unpacking after dinner Buffy had found some of her clothes including a sexy little teddy that she was now sporting. When she caught Spike’s eye she smiled as she danced around the room for a minute, watching his eyes follow her.

Finally stopping at her side of the bed, she ran her hand over the sheets. Black satin. Very sexy. Very bachelor-esque. “I like the sheets,” she said, climbing onto the bed. She slowly crawled over to him, holding his gaze the entire time. Stopping at his side, she kneeled there for a moment. She gazed into his eyes for a few seconds before leaning in to capture his lips in a slow, passionate kiss.

The next thing she knew Spike’s arm was snaking around her and he had repositioned her so she was lying on her side, pressed against him. Then she was suddenly on her back with him over top of her, his hand moving up her thigh, resting on her hip, caressing her breast. She moaned into his mouth, simultaneously hooking a leg around his hip.

He pulled back and whispered in her ear, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” she whispered back once she was looking into his steel blue eyes again. “So much.” The back of her hand brushed along his cheek and she smiled.

A smile appeared on his face, mirroring her happiness. “Welcome home, baby.”

Her smile grew brighter before she brought his face to hers, kissing him again. She felt his hands slide up her body, caressing her abdomen and the underside of her breasts. The kiss broke and she rubbed herself against him. His hands were making her feel very hot. “William,” she whispered huskily.

His eyes met hers when he heard the way she said his given name. He loved the way she said it. Only she could make him feel this way. Slowly sliding his hands down again he grabbed the hem of her teddy in his hands and lifted it higher, over her head, and tossed it aside. Then he kissed his way down her body until his face was right between her legs. Planting light kisses on the inside of her thigh, he felt her relaxing under his touch. Her eyes were closed; her breathing was already growing quicker. He could tell she was growing expectant. “I need to taste you,” he said roughly.

“Mhmm,” she murmured in acquiescence.

She immediately felt his cool tongue at her entrance. First it was slow in its long motions along her slit. Then it was plunging inside of her making her groan in pleasure. “That feels…” she began breathlessly. “Sooo good. God, don’t stop!” He starting humming against her sensitive flesh and she moaned throatily. What really sent her over the edge though was when he pulled his tongue out and started sucking on her clit.

Her muscles tightened in all the right places. Her back arched slightly and she opened her eyes to watch him which made her even hotter. His eyes met hers and there was a devilish glint in them that made her smile. Then he was thrusting 2 fingers into her, going deeper and deeper. “God yes!” she said hoarsely, squirming beneath his touch.

He kept sucking at her nubbin, swirling his tongue around it at intervals. He knew she was getting close. Her muscles were clenching around his fingers. Slowly he switched so that his thumb was giving attention to her clit and he could taste her juices as they flowed out of her. His tongue plunged into her again and again while his thumb pressed on her clit, intermittently flicking it to send shivers down her spine. When he got the first taste of her nectar as he muscles clenched a little tighter and she began thrashing he grinned at his success. He continued pressing on her clit as she rose higher and higher. Only when she had come down did he release it, but he finished enjoying her juices before he looked her in the eyes again.

“Come ‘ere,” she said, motioning him with a finger. With her thumb she wiped away the excess liquid on his chin. Before she could wipe her thumb off he’d sucked it into his mouth to clean it himself. She smiled up at him and brought him in for another kiss, letting her tongue explore his mouth and all the tastes that lingered there. Just as the kiss was slowing down so that they could both breathe again, Buffy expertly flipped Spike over on his back.

“Baby wants to play,” he said with a grin.

“Uh huh,” she said with a grin of her own as she pinned his hands above his head and leaned in close as if she was going to kiss him again. Instead she brought her mouth to his ear and sucked on his lobe for a second, receiving a gasp from him. Then she whispered, “Are you ready to play?”

He was speechless. He’d never seen her like this before and he was in awe. Somehow he managed to nod and Buffy reached down and picked up her teddy. Then she proceeded to tie his hands to the steel frame of his bed. She grinned at him as she kissed her way down his body, only stopping when she was greeted with his hard cock.

She slowly took him into her mouth; doing all the things she knew he loved. She made it a slow affair, just trying to make him harder without giving him his release. When his groans signaled that he wouldn’t be able to take much more of her teasing she grabbed a condom from the bedside table and slipped it over his engorged penis. Then she positioned her entrance over it and met his eyes. There was still an expression of awe in his eyes which gave her a sense of pride in the fact that she could still amaze him like this.

Then he was inside of her and she felt complete. For a moment she was still, adjusting to him again. Slowly opening her eyes to meet his once more she started to move up and down. From the look in his eyes she knew he wanted to touch her, but she liked being the one in control this time, not that she never had control in the bedroom. They’d just never tried bondage before. She smiled seductively at him as she continued to ride him, tightening her muscles and then relaxing them to milk him for all he was worth.

Her hands pressed on his chest; she felt her body heating up. Their moans mixed together as her orgasm carried them through the next few minutes, her muscles tightening even more. He was trying to hold off. He didn’t want this to end yet. His beautiful goddess was riding him and he didn’t want her to stop. “God Buffy,” he gasped.

She just smiled demurely and rode out her orgasm. When she came back down she leaned in close and kissed him, soft and lingering, she left him wanting more. As she reached up over his head her breasts fell in his face. She gasped as she felt him take one nipple into his mouth, but she continued untying his hands. “Now you get to touch,” she whispered huskily. She wanted to feel his hands on her again. His hands could do wonders and they felt so good running over every part of her.

Reveling in the feeling of his hands exploring her body she started moving again. This time she was moving a little faster, trying to bring them both to their climax a little more quickly. Spike’s hands grazed over her hips, her flat stomach, and the underside of her breasts. He was lost in her and watching the way her perfect breasts bounced as she rode him into oblivion was quickly bringing him to his crescendo. Bringing one hand to rub her clit, he knew it would send her over the edge and he would follow. Rubbing expert circles around her nub he heard her gasp and moan as her body tensed. “That’s it, Buffy. Come for me, kitten.”

He pressed a little harder and she was gone. Her muscles were clenching around him again and he held her hips as he thrust into her several times before feeling his release. She slumped against his chest and he rubbed lazy circles on her back as they both regained their normal breathing patterns. “God, you’re amazing,” he murmured.

“You’re not so bad yourself mister.” She grinned and met his eyes, kissing him softly. He pulled her further into the kiss again.

A minute later they reluctantly separated and Spike discarded the condom. Buffy curled herself against his chest and fell asleep with his arms around her, hearing him whisper “I love you” one more time before she drifted into unconsciousness.


Chapter End Notes:
Well? *bats eyelashes mercilessly* Ok, so I'm practically begging for reviews now. I want some before I post the next chapter. *grins*