When Buffy woke the next morning, Spike was gone. Her initial response was panic, a hundred terrible thing that could've happened to him running through her head. She forced herself to calm down, getting out of the bed and walking outside the motel room.

She found Spike sitting on the curb, staring up at the blue sky. She paused at the sight of him covered in sunlight. "No flames, I see," she said after a moment.

Spike jumped, then turned around. "No. But I think I'm a little burnt." He gestured to a slightly red arm.

Buffy frowned. "How long have you been out here?"

"Not long. I guess it's just been so long since my skin's seen the sun…" He looked away from her, staring down at the asphalt beneath his feet.

"Come back inside, Spike. You're pretty red as it is, and trust me, a bad sunburn is not a pleasant thing."

"William."

"Huh?"

"William. I'm William."

"Spike, what…"

Spike turned to look at her again, his eyes narrow slits. "I told you, it's William. Stop bleedin' calling me Spike!"

Buffy blinked. "Okay, William… What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong? Are you daft?"

"But you're human now. That's good, right?"

"Honestly? I don't know."

"Spi…er, William, come on inside, okay? You're toasted enough as it is."

William stood. "If it'll get you off my case, fine."

Buffy was a bit surprised at how much his harsh tone stung. "I was only trying to be helpful."

"Well, you've helped enough."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you should've just let whatever that was finish me off."

"But then you'd be gone completely! Being human might take some getting used to, but at least you're still here."

William gave her a snide look. "And let me guess, you're not ready for me not to be here yet."

Buffy didn't like the way he threw the words she'd used so long ago back in her face. "Why are you doing this to me? I'm trying to be as supportive as I can."

"Oh, there's a first."

"Dammit, I am so not in the mood for this," Buffy snapped. "I've spent the past year under some freaky demon brainwash that kept me away from everyone I care about. I do not need you throwing a fit on top of it."

"Throwing a fit? Is that what you think I'm doing? Bloody hell, Slayer, I've just been through a rather unpleasant life-changing experience here. I'm sorry if I can't just suck it up and help you through your problems until you're tired of me again."

"I didn't ask you for any help."

"Good, because I'm not going to give it." William sighed. "Look, there's really no point in us hanging around each other anymore. Why don't you just call whoever can come and get you, and then I'll just leave you be like you asked me to five years ago."

"You can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"Spike…" She sighed heavily at the look he gave her. "William, something made you human. We don't know what exactly, and we don't know how stable it is. The Watchers Council can take a look at you and…"

"Oh, who? Andrew? I don't fancy your little friends pokin' an proddin' me any, all right. I'd rather just go my own way."

Buffy placed her hands on her hips. "No."

"No? You can't tell me what to do."

"I can make you stay."

"And how exactly do you plan to do that?"

Buffy grabbed William by the arm, dragging him back inside the motel. "Like this."

"Get off me, Slayer," William snapped, pushing her away. Buffy flew backwards, landing on her back in the parking lot. William looked at her sheepishly. "Sorry…I didn't realize I was still that strong."

Buffy stood, rubbing her sore back. "Apparently, you're not as human as it looks." Her brows knitted in worry. "You need to come back with me. We don't know what happened to you."

As much as he hated to admit it, William knew she was right. "Fine. But as soon as we figure it out, I'm gone again."

"Fair enough."

William walked behind Buffy into the room, sitting down on the bed. Buffy started towards the phone when she heard him speak softly.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

Buffy turned, looking at him. "What do you mean?"

William looked up, and the helpless expression on his face tugged at her heart. "I don't remember how to be human, Buffy. In the past five years, I guess I got used to the whole souled vampire bit." He swallowed. "Remember when you said that I couldn't be a human and I couldn't be a vampire?"

Buffy blushed a little, remembering exactly which night it had been that she had said that. "Yeah."

"Well, vampire with a soul I could do. There's only one other one, so I wasn't really supposed to fit any sort of mold, y'know? And I could have that spark of humanity, but not really have to be human. After I got used to it, it just made sense."

Buffy sat down beside him. "But you wanted to be human again. You told me. Back in LA, you told me about the Shanshu prophecy, and how you wanted it to be about you and not Angel."

"That was then." William sighed. "I didn't really want to be human, Buffy. I wanted to take what Angel wanted. And I wanted you."

"And now?"

"Just make your phone calls," William replied, turning away from her.

Buffy decided not to push him anymore. She went to the phone, dialing a number she knew from memory.

"Giles, it's Buffy."

*** *** ***

"Buffy! I thought you'd never talk to me again!"

Buffy hugged her younger sister tightly. "Nothing could keep me away from you forever, Dawn."

"Not even brainwashing demon cults?"

Buffy smirked. "Nope, not even that."

"Hey, nibblet. You've grown."

Dawn looked up, a huge grin spreading across her face. She ran to Spike, embracing him almost as tightly as she did her sister. "Didn't expect to ever see you again either, Spike," she said softly.

"Guess I'm like one of those annoying house guests you just can't ever get rid of. And it's William now."

Dawn pulled away. "Giles said that Buffy told him you're human now."

William shrugged. "More or less. We've figured out that I'm still stronger than the average bloke, and my senses, while not as acute as they were, aren't as dull as they could be either. But I'm reflective, sun-proof, and no longer require blood to live." He frowned. "Well, other than that pumping in my veins as we speak that is."

Dawn smiled. "That's great. You can live a totally normal life now."

"Yeah, totally normal. Listen, bit, your sis and I have to meet with Giles and some of the new Watchers and figure out what happened to me. Catch up later?"

"You bet." She hugged him again. "It's so good to see you again."

"You, too."

"I'll come by and talk to you later, too," Buffy said to her sister. "Despite all the creepy demonic brainwashing, I did miss you."

Dawn chuckled. "Good to know."

Buffy gave her sister one more hug before leading William to the Watchers.

*** *** ***

"Could you describe this ritual again? With more detail perhaps?"

William sighed heavily. "Sorry, Rupert, but with all the being chained to the wall and having my demon ripped out of me, I didn't tend to file much away for later use."

"I saw a little," Buffy said, trying to get the attention away from William. She could tell from the look in his eyes that all this attention from the Watchers was really just making him want to bolt. "The demons were in a circle, with one on the center. He had the knife with Spike's blood, and he was letting it drip to the ground. When I broke the circle, whatever was happening to Spike stopped."

"Did you hear anything that they said?" Giles asked.

Buffy shook her head. "I was knocked out for most of it."

"I heard one thing," William said quietly. "Let that which powers him, power us."

Giles took off his glasses, rubbing them with a handkerchief. "And you say you retained your strength and enhanced senses?"

"Some of it, yeah."

Giles placed his glasses back on his nose. "This is a good start. The Council and I will do research, try to determine what was done to you."

"And reverse it?"

Giles took off his glasses again, looking at William with surprise. "You wish to become a vampire again?"

"I want to be what I was."

"The Council is not in the habit of creating more vampires," one of the other Watchers replied.

William glared at him. "I'm not in the habit of sitting around with a bunch of Council wankers, but I'm making an exception."

Buffy could see Giles about to comment and decided to preempt any further argument. "William and I have both been through a lot these past few days. Why don't we just call it a day, and you can start on that research?"

"I trust you can show Spike to one of the guest rooms?" Giles asked.

Buffy noticed the way William bristled at Giles's use of his other name. She didn't understand why being called Spike suddenly bothered him so much, but she decided to placate him rather than argue the point. "Yes, I can show William to one of the guest rooms." Buffy could tell by the way that Giles resumed his lens cleaning that he had gotten her point. She placed her hand on William's arm. "Let's go."

William pulled away from her. "Okay."

*** *** ***

William sighed when he heard the knock at his door. He wasn't in the mood for company, but after several increasingly louder knocks, he figured whoever it was wasn't going away. He opened the door, relieved to find it wasn't one of the Watchers. "Hey, nibblet."

"Hiya, William. You mind if I come in for a bit?"

William shrugged. "Might as well. Not like I have much else to do."

Dawn walked in, sitting on the couch on the far side of the room. "Looks like they set you up in one of the nicer guest suites."

William shrugged. "Beats the places I've been staying in. So why are you hear instead of with your sister? You haven't seen her in a year."

"And I haven't seen you in five." Dawn patted the spot beside her on the couch. "Come on. Sit down and tell me all the exciting things you've done since LA."

William sat. "Not much to tell, really. Just wandered a lot, trying to find a place where maybe I could settle for a while."

"And yet you ended up back here with us."

"I'm not staying here, bit. This is just until the Wanker Council figures out what happened to me."

"You know, the Watchers aren't so bad anymore. Giles has worked hard to keep the same problems the last Council had from resurfacing. I'm studying to be one."

William looked at her askew. "You? I figured you could do something more with your life than be a bleedin' Watcher."

"But it's what I want."

"And I guess it makes big sis happy."

"Buffy knows we need all the Watchers we can get, especially since the Chosen One has become the Chosen Army…"

"How many Slayers do you have running around these days?"

Dawn shrugged. "We have a couple hundred here, but there's others around. Some are stationed in specific areas around the world, and some girls chose to just stay home, try to lead a normal life. Buffy wanted to give them that option. She doesn't want anyone to ever be saddled with the weight of the world again, the way she was."

"Yeah, I remember hearing a lot of her complaining about that."

The were silent for a moment before Dawn spoke again. "So what about you? How are you liking the whole human thing?"

"I'm not."

Dawn looked at him with surprise. "Why not? Having problems dealing with the prospect of mortality?"

"Not really. I've died twice. It's not so bad. It's just…" William sighed. "It's nothing."

"No, it's something. What is it, Spike?"

"Please, nibblet, don't call me that."

"Buffy said you didn't want anyone calling you Spike anymore," Dawn said with a frown. "Why? Is it because you feel guilty about torturing people with railroad spikes and don't want to be reminded?"

William chuckled. "Actually, no. The bloke I did that to had it coming anyway." He smirked. "No, it's just, well, I'm not Spike anymore."

"You look like Spike."

"Yeah. Maybe I should lay off the peroxide."

"No! I mean, um, your hair's really cool. You should totally keep it."

"Well, if it makes you happy…"

Dawn could tell he was trying to change the subject. "But what did you mean when you said you weren't Spike anymore?"

"I don't know, it's just, well, Spike was who I became after I was turned. Now that I'm not a vampire anymore, I'm just plain old boring William."

"You are so not boring," Dawn said. "And even if you're not a vampire anymore, you're still not the man you were before you were turned. I mean, you have over a century more of experience."

"You didn't know William. He…I…I was pathetic."

"You don't have to be who you used to be. All you can be is who you are right now." Dawn gave him a small smile. "You don't see me trying to stick myself into locks these days, do you?" That got her a laugh from him, which is what she had hoped for. "But seriously, you don't have to be that William. And…and you don't have to be Spike either if you don't want to be. Just give it time. You'll find who you are now."

"Where did you get so insightful, bit?"

"College, I think."

William gave her a smile. "I'll think about it. I've got a lot going through my mind right now."

"Understandable." Dawn stood up. "I have to go. I'm supposed to meeting with Giles in a few. Just wanted to stop by and see how you're doing."

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

"Can you do me a favor later?"

"Depends. What is it?"

"Go talk to Buffy. She's worried about you, but she isn't sure if you want to see her. She thinks you're upset with her."

"I'm not upset with her, I'm just…" William stopped, unsure of what it was he was feeling. "If you see her tell her she can come by and talk to me if she wants. I don't really fancy wandering around this place. Might run into someone irritating."

"Andrew keeps looking for you."

"Case in point."

Dawn giggled. Then she walked over to William, hugging him tightly. "You'll be okay, Will.
And talk to Buffy. She's missed you, you know."

"Yeah, she tends to say things like that sometimes."

"William, Buffy…"

William held his hand up. "Don't. Your sister and I, we're complicated. It's one of those things you can't really understand unless you're in it, and even then it's confusing."

Dawn nodded. "I understand. I have to get going before Giles gets all twitchy. I'll see you later."

William ruffled her hair. "See you, bit."

*** *** ***

Buffy stood outside William's door, her hand poised to knock. She dropped it again, sighing. She wanted to see Spike, but at the same time, she had no idea what to say to him. So much had changed in the past five years, for her and, obviously, for him as well. They couldn't go back to what they had been, and Buffy wasn't even sure if she wanted to. She was too old, too tired to start those games over again.

Suddenly, the door flew open, bringing Buffy back to the present. "Are you going to stand there all bloody day? I could hear you fidgeting, and it was driving me up the wall."

"I'm sorry," Buffy said. "Can I come in?"

"Might as well."

Buffy stood nervously in the room, not sure of what to do. She'd never felt this unsettled around Spike before. Even during their less than healthy relationship, she'd known basically what to expect from him. Now, when she looked at him, it was almost as if he was a stranger. "How are you feeling?"

"Not dead."

"You're the only person I've ever talked to who makes that sound like a bad thing."

William chuckled. "For me, I guess it is. There's so much about being human I'd forgotten."

"Like what?"

"Just the little things that make you alive."

Buffy realized then what made him look so different to him. He looked lost. None of the cocky self-assuredness she'd come to associate with Spike. He hadn't looked like this since she found him in the basement of the high school, trying to claw his new soul out. "Hey, it's getting sort of late in the day. Do you want to get something to eat?"

"Buffy Anne Summers, are you asking me out on a date?" His tone was teasing, but Buffy could see the nervousness written all over his face.

"Just a couple of old friends catching up over dinner," Buffy said with a smile. "Come on. I know a place that has those fried onion things."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to bribe me."

"Maybe I am."

"Well, if you are, it's working."

"So are you ready to go then?"

"Yeah. Not like I have an unlimited amount of time to wait around these days."

Buffy just nodded, not wanting to push that subject. "Let's go then."

*** *** ***

William held a fried onion petal in his hand, studying it. "You know, I haven't really thought about food in a long time. I mean, there were things I liked to eat, but I didn't need them. It wasn't like if I went any length of time without real food I was going to starve. But now, eating isn't just for pleasure anymore. I have to." He popped the onion in his mouth.

"Does it take the fun out of it?" Buffy asked.

William swallowed. "No. Actually, food tastes better now. I mean, I thought these things were good before, but wow. I was missing out on at least half of the flavor."

"I know it was a totally different situation, but I remember what it was like, when I was first alive again. I didn't want to be. Even in that short period of time, it was like I'd gotten used to being dead, and then suddenly, I was part of the world of the living again. It felt wrong, like I didn't know how to live anymore. But then I realized life just is what it is." She gave him a warm smile, echoing the words he'd sung to her years before. "It's living."

William smirked. "Easier said than done, pet."

Buffy could see that he was still unsure of himself, but around just her, he was starting to relax. She smiled, hoping that he could soon snap out of the funk he'd slipped into when he'd become human again. Despite everything that had gone on between them over the years, the last thing she really wanted was for him to be unhappy. "There's so many things you can do now that you never would've had a chance to do before," she pointed out.

"Like what?"

Buffy's brow knitted as she tried to think of something. "Well, you can probably father children now."

William's face managed to grow a shade paler. "Bloody wonderful. Really, Buffy, can you imagine little mes running around? I don't think the world could handle it."

Buffy laughed at the sudden image of bleach blond toddlers in leather coats that popped into her mind. "Maybe they'll have a mother with strong enough DNA to cancel you out."

"Gee, thanks."

"But seriously, you can go in the sunlight, walk into people's homes completely uninvited—hell, you could start breaking into people's houses in the middle of the afternoon now."

William looked at her for a moment before laughing. "And I could always take up fence building now. No more fear of tripping and staking myself."

"See! There ya go. A million opportunities are opening up for you."

William reached across the table, squeezing her hand. "Thank you, Buffy."

"For what?"

"For trying."

"Is it working?"

"Not really, but I do appreciate it."

Buffy stroked his hand with her thumb. "Your skin is warm, and I can feel your pulse," she said, her voice almost a whisper.

"It's still all so strange to me. At times I have to remind myself that I really do need to keep breathing."

"You can do this, you know. It'll take some getting used to, but you will. And you're welcome to stay here as long as you need to until you sort everything out."

"Thanks for the offer, kitten, but I think I'd like to leave sooner rather than later."

"You keep saying that, but where are you going to go?"

"I've lived without your help just fine for years."

"But you're not a vampire anymore. You can't live the way you used to."

"No, now I don't have to worry about being in before daybreak."

Buffy pulled her hand away from his. "I'm serious. We really don't know anything about what happened to you. For all we know, you could start deteriorating or something."

"Well, thanks for that happy image. But I didn't say I was leaving now. I can stick around until I have a more solid picture of what those wankers did to me. But after that, there's no reason for me to be here. I've done my part for the whole Slayer Army thing."

"But we could use you around," Buffy said. "You're a good fighter, and you've proven yourself useful time and time again."

"Funny, five years ago you couldn't wait to get rid of me."

"I was wrong."

"What? Run that one by me again, Slayer, because I could've sworn you just said you were wrong about something."

"No need to be a jerk about it," Buffy muttered. "Yes, I was wrong. Everything was just so emotional then, it was a mess. Being around you confuses me, throws my life completely out of balance. I thought it would be easier if we went our separate ways."

"But it wasn't?" William asked hesitantly.

"No. I…I missed you. A lot. In some ways it was even worse than when I thought I lost you in the Hellmouth. I knew you were somewhere, but I couldn't get to you. And I knew that I'd pushed you away."

"You abandoned me," William said, his voice hard, but tinged with pain. "You threw away any chance we had and just walked away. And you couldn't even tell me yourself. You had Angel tell me you were gone and not to come after you. Angel! Do you know how badly that hurt, girl?"

"I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. I thought it would be better."

"Being without you is never better. Yeah, it hurts like hell being with you, but I'd rather ache in your arms than ache alone."

Buffy looked up at him, her eyes wide and slightly damp. "And yet you want to leave again."

"Do you love me, Buffy? Did you ever love me?"

"Spike…William, you were in my heart, are in my heart, and you always will be, it's just that…"

William held up his hand. "Don't. That's answer enough."

Buffy stared down at her plate. She'd meant to have a nice dinner with an old friend, maybe cheer him up a little. She should've known with the two of them, that would never be possible.

They ate the rest of their meal in silence.

*** *** ***

Buffy and William stood outside the large manor where the new Watchers Council had their central headquarters. They'd barely said anything to each other since they'd left the restaurant, and now neither one knew what to do.

"I guess we should just go in…" Buffy said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I guess."

Buffy wasn't sure what made her do what she did next. She reached up, kissing William gently on the cheek. When she pulled away, he looked at her, clearly surprised. "Buffy…"

Buffy could almost still feel his skin against her lips. He'd never been warm to the touch before. Suddenly, she wanted to know what it was like to kiss his lips, to feel his breath mingle with hers. Unable to push down her curiosity, Buffy kissed him, her lips hard and desperate against his. William hesitated only for a second before wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her flush against him.

Buffy knew she was repeating her same mistakes with him all over again, but at the moment she didn't care. Her body remembered everything he'd ever done to her, and she found herself craving it. "I want you," she whispered into his ear.

Buffy could feel William shiver at her words. "I want you, too. I always want you, Slayer…" William bent down, kissing and licking right below her ear, and any cautionary thoughts Buffy still had went out the proverbial window.

"Let's go inside."

William nodded, forcing himself to pull away from Buffy long enough for her to open the door. He wasn't sure where tonight was going to lead or even why she was suddenly throwing herself at him, but he didn't want to analyze it. Where Buffy was concerned, he found he was never quite able to say no. "Where to, pet?" William asked once they were inside.

"Your room. I'm in one of the cottages outside the main building, and I really don't think I can make it that far." Buffy wrapped her arms around him, pulling him to her again. She kissed him hard, and William wondered if he'd even be able to make it as far as up the stairs.

Buffy pulled away, her breath coming in short pants. "Let's get up there before anyone sees us."

William nodded. Buffy had always been one for secrecy where their relationship was concerned, and he hadn't expected her to have changed any now. He walked up the stairs with Buffy close behind him. As soon as they were in his room and the door was shut and locked, Buffy was on him again, tearing at his clothes in near-desperation. William felt himself grow nervous, and he couldn't quite place his finger on why. Then, it came to him.

He pushed Buffy back a little, but kept his hand resting gently on her arm, letting her know he wasn't stopping things. "I've never…I've never done this as a human," he admitted.

Buffy's eyes widened. "Seriously? I mean, before you were turned you never…"

He shook his head. "No. I wasn't exactly popular with the ladies, so to speak."

Buffy reached up, running her hands through his hair. "So in a way, this is almost like your first time."

William chuckled. "Something like that."

Buffy winked. "I'll be gentle."

William grabbed her around the waist, pulling her hard against him. "Don't you dare." He kissed her roughly again, his nervousness fading as he was bombarded with her soft scent and the feel of having her in his arms again. This is what he dreamt of every night, what he yearned for. Even if he was sure she'd run off as soon as it was over, William didn't care. He still wanted her as much as he ever had.

Buffy backed away slowly towards the bed, unbuttoning her shirt as she went. William watched, his breathing growing ragged. He could feel his skin warming, his heart beating heavier in his chest. Buffy dropped her shirt to the ground as she reached the end of the bed, then bent down, removing her shoes before standing straight again, her hair flipping as she did. She unbuttoned her pants and slipped slowly out of them. William felt his mouth grow suddenly dry just as his palms dampened. His body was reacting in ways it never had before in all the years he'd lived as a dead man.

Buffy lay back on the bed, dressed in nothing but a white lace bra and a matching thong. Though it had been five years since he'd last seen her like this, William thought she looked as beautiful as ever. She propped herself up on her elbows, giving him a seductive look. "Aren't you going to join me?"

William smirked at her, running his tongue behind his teeth. He pulled his own shirt off over his head, then walked to the bed like a cat stalking its prey, climbing up to her from the foot in the bed. He stopped at the apex of her legs, reverently pulling down her thong. He paused for a moment, taking her in with new, human eyes. He bent down, unable to keep from tasting her. Buffy moaned, digging her fingernails into his shoulder. He hissed, his body more aware of the pain of those shallow cuts than it ever had been before. He relished it, the intensity of everything he was experiencing making him feel more alive than he had since he'd first become human.

"Please…I need you inside me now."

William looked up, briefly examining the expression of torturous ecstasy on Buffy's face. He stood to remove his boots and jeans and felt suddenly cold, despite the raise in his own body temperature. His body rebelled against the loss of Buffy's heat.

As soon as he'd stripped, Buffy held her arms up to him, and William felt his heart beat faster. He moved quickly, wasting no time slipping into her arms or into her. Buffy cried out when he entered her, holding him against her tightly. William's eyes widened and he gasped, the pleasure that was assaulting him more exquisite than he'd ever felt before. His entire body was on fire, and all he could do was plunge into her over and over again.

William could feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest, and he knew instinctively that it was beating in time with hers. His overheated body was covered in a light sheen of sweat, and he had trouble regulating his breathing. The feel, the taste of her was the most familiar thing in the world to him, and yet he was experiencing it all as if it were brand new. He heard Buffy's breath hitch, and then she cried out, gripping his shoulders with bruising force. William let himself go then, giving into the new sensations until they pulled him over the edge.

When it was over, he rolled with her, cradling her against his chest. Shakily, he kissed the top of her head as he tried to get his breathing to go back to normal. Buffy said nothing, just resting against his chest, staring forward.

"What are you thinking, pet?" he asked after a moment, fearing the worst kind of answer.

"I'm just listening to your heart beat," Buffy replied. "It was beating really fast, but it's slowing down now." William reached down and took her hand in his, and Buffy entwined their fingers. "Was it different for you this time?" she asked.

"Yeah. I thought it was good before, but…I really felt alive, Buffy."

"Well, you are."

"I know."

Buffy gave him a lazy smile. "Starting to think it's not so bad?"

"Maybe not," William replied with a smirk. He looked down into her eyes and felt his heart skip. He knew then that he still loved her just as much as he ever had. He fought back the urge to tell her, not wanting to spook her. She was in his arms now, and he wasn't going to ruin it. "There is one drawback, though," he said. "I'm tired now."

Buffy laughed. "I knew one of these days I'd wear you out."

"I guess I'll have to drink more milk, or eat more green veggies, or something."

Buffy smirked. "Possibly. But I'm okay with you being tired right now. I'm tired, too."

"Are you staying?"

"For now, yeah. I don't think my legs are working."

William frowned a little. He wanted her to tell him that yes, of course she was staying, because where else did she belong but in his arms? But he'd known Buffy long enough to know better. He reached down, pulling a sheet over the two of them. Buffy cuddled closer to him, a contented sigh escaping her lips. William ran his fingers through her hair, deciding to do what he'd always done with Buffy, and just be happy with what he had.

*** *** ***

Sorry for the huge gap in posts, but it's been a hectic couple of weeks, and I got a little plot bunny whispering in my ear, telling me to start another fic as well. But I promise, I will work on finishing this one!

Review Please!