Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! If you can keep it coming, it feeds the Muse, and he loves it! Title taken from Nickelback. I was listening to this song, and wanted to share. So if you wanna listen while you read, pleas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYRRn5xqFUU
*****

Chapter Three: Feelin’ Way Too Damn Good



“I still can’t believe it!” Buffy huffed over dramatically as she fell back on her bed, frowning up at the ceiling.



Faith batted her eyes at her demurely. “Can’t believe what?”



Buffy rolled over on her stomach then glared at the brunette. “YOU! What you did. You so know what you did!”



That only caused Faith to smirk. “I don’t see what the deal is.” She said rising to her feet, then joining Buffy, stretching out across the bed. “I got you some alone time with your wanna be honey. I say my work here is done.”




Sighing, Buffy flopped back down upon her bed. “You just don’t get it, do you? I completely embarrassed myself in there. Spike, that’s a porn star’s name. Like he didn’t already know that. And to make matters worse, my name will be forever associated with a stripper.”




“Again, I say, my work here is done.” With that she rolled off the bed and crawled over to Xander to lay her head in his lap.




Buffy turned her attention to him as well. “Do you not see the logic in her statement?”




Xander was busy playing with Faith’s hair. He paused, giving do credit and, thought to the question before answering. “Sorry, Buffy, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and vote Faith.” He held his hand up in the air halting any retort that she was about to give. “Just hear me out. You wanted Spike to remember your name, right? Well, he does. And isn’t that the whole point?”



“How are you so sure about that?” she asked, skepticism lacing her voice.



“I’m a guy. Trust me on this.”



As much as it pained her to admit it, Buffy knew that Xander was right. The whole reason Faith locked her in that room was so Spike had no other option but to notice her. She should have been happy. Why wasn’t she happy?



“Do I really want to be known as that girl with the stripper’s name? Hey, look every body, It’s Buffy Summers, future stripper. Is that how I want Spike to see me? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m sure my mom had no intention when she named me that she’d be setting me up for future failure.



I’m so torn. On one hand, I should be flattered that he even noticed me, knows that I’m even in his class. And he almost got my name right.



But, on the other hand, if I have this preconceived idea of who I am, or who I will turn out to be, how can I ever expect him to want to get to know the real me, and not the me who is destined to become a stripper?”





“Ouch!” Buffy frowned, rubbing her head. She had just been attacked by a flying Mr. Gordo.



“You got that look.” Faith supplied as an answer.



“And what look would that be?” Buffy snapped. She was in the middle of a huge mental debate and Faith had interrupted her.



“You know, that one which clearly says that you’re totally over analyzing something. Spike doesn’t think you’re a stripper. So stop worrying about it.”




Buffy threw the stuffed pig back at her friend, hitting her square in the face.



*****


Angel leaned against the locker, tossing his football up and down in his one hand, as he’s eye tracked a couple of cheerleaders walking past them. The girls giggled as Angel leered at them. His eyes moved past them to land on the trio walking towards him and Spike. With an evil smile he lightly hit Spike in the back.



“Hey, who was that cute little blonde you were talking to last night?”



Spike frowned as he continued to dig around in his way to messy locker. ‘Which blonde?’ was more like it. They had had a busy night, and Spike’s brain was still processing the events.



Closing the locker’s door he turned around to see where his friend was looking. Oh, right, he remembered her. She was the cutie who sat with him watching the telly.



“That’s… what’s her name? Sounds like a stripper.”



Angel arched his brow, examining her more closely. “She’s a stripper?” He questioned, voice rising with surprise.



“No, you git! I said, her name sounds like one. Think all that gel has finally gone and ate you brain.”



“Well?” Angel asked irritably.



“Well what?” Spike shot back.



“The name. What’s her freakin’ name? Sheesh, and you talk about my brain.”



Spike rolled his eyes. “It’s Buffy.”



“Buffy. You don’t say?” He could see that all too familiar wolfish grin start to spread across Angel’s face.




“Don’t you even think about it, mate.”



“Think about what? I wasn’t…” Angel’s eyes widened suddenly. “You like her, don’t you?”



Spike snorted. “Haven’t made up my mind yet. Point is, you keep your nose away from her. Got it?”



The brunette only smirked in reply. “You know, she is friends with Faith.”



Spike could feel the scowl starting to form on his face. “Yeah, so?”



“Well isn’t it obvious? She shouldn’t be so hard to sleep with. I mean, come one. If you can fuck Faith in one night, anyone who hangs out with her should be as easy.”



The words hung between them as Faith, Xander and, Buffy walked passed them. Spike could see the deep shade of pink that colored her skin, which caused him to smile a bit. Remembered how she had reacted the other day in class when he decided to mess with her. Then that whelp leaned over and whispered something in her ear, causing her to giggle.



He turned back to his friend. “Don’t think she’s into slutting it up, Peaches.”



Angel growled, her really hated that name.



*****


“Don’t look now, but it looks like Spike and Angel are discussing you!” Faith explained, glancing in their direction.



Using all the self restraint she could muster Buffy adverted her eyes. “They are? How do you know that?”



“Well, for one, they’re boys, and they’re gonna talk about girls. Two, Angel has his eyes trained on you.”



The blonde felt a shiver of disgust run through her. Ewww! Tall, dark, and foreheadsome was checking her out. Not of the good!



They continued down the hall, each step brining them closer and closer to Spike. Buffy tried to play it cool. But what if he said “hi” or something? What if he expected her to say something to him? No, worse! What if he wanted he to say something to him?



That’s when she chanced a glance and was pleasantly surprised to fine him starring at her. Buffy breathed a sigh of relief that she wasn’t caught starring at him. She could feel the blush blossom over he cheeks, as she ducked her head. That’s when Xander leaned over and whispered in her ear, causing her to laugh.


*****


The halls were deserted as Faith marched down them. There was no way she was sitting through a 45 minute Biology class. She knew all she needed to know about “biology,” why waste her time learning about it when she could be involved in some right now. The door to the boys bathroom opened, and Faith smiled. Just the person she was looking for.



She walked towards him as he stopped at one of the fountains. Turning around he looked her up and down.



“What’d you want?” he questioned but started down the hallway not waiting for her reply. Faith hurried to catch up with him.


“I got this problem and I figured you could fix it.”



“Yeah, why’s that?”


She hurried and ran in front of him, cutting off his line of retreat. Putting on one of her most seductive smiles Faith gave him a once over. “Well, since you are a man of many talents I figured you be the best person to go to.”



Spike really didn’t have time for this. He needed to get to class. But she had his curiosity piqued.



*****


Mrs. Carter stood in front of the class scribbling something onto the chalk board. Buffy would kill to be any other place than Biology right now. And where in the world was Faith? Man, she hated when she ditched class and didn’t tell her. She should so act as if she needed to pee just to get into the bathroom and, hang with Xander and the persistent cutter of classes.



“Are you ready for this?” Buffy shook her head then looked at her lab partner, Jesse.



“What?”



“Didn’t you read he board? Today we’re dissecting baby pigs.” His voice held and edge of excitement.



She regarded him as if it were the first time she’d ever laid eyes on him in her life. Then it dawned on her, he and Xander would be perfect as best friends. Buffy wondered why they never met. “Ewww! Gross much?”



She so wanted to pout. This was completely unfair. Why did they even have to dissect anything? It wasn’t like she was going to become a pathologist or anything. She wanted to watch CSI, not be on it.” ‘Wait, did that even make sense? Oh, yeah, it does because of Doc. Robins. He’s a pathologist but is on the show.’



Buffy watched as Mrs. Carter pushed the cart around passing out the pigs. Her eyes went to Willow who was a table behind them. Willow rolled her eyes at Buffy in irritation. She surmised that the girl over heard her conversation with Jesse. All too soon the corpse was in front of her waiting to be cut open. God, she really hated biology.



Thirty minutes into the dissection and the teacher announced that their extra credit assignments were due on Monday. Buffy rolled her eyes. She was up to her elbows in pig guts and now she had to worry about that stupid assignment. Blech!




“Don’t worry about it. I have everything basically done. Just need to finish it up over the weekend.”



Sometimes Jesses was a Godsend. “Oh, yeah, I forgot. What would a girl ever do without you?” She said, giving him one of her brightest smiles.


“Before you get too happy. The only draw back is, well, you really haven’t helped me at all. And it would feel like cheating if I slapped your name on it and you didn’t do anything.”



Buffy’s smile turned into a frown. “Fine, I’ll come over tonight and help. How’s that?”



Jesse couldn’t keep the smile off his face. “That’ll be great. Nine. Be there at nine.”




“Pist! Buffy! Buffy!” The blonde turned to the door. There stood Faith and Xander was perched at her side. They were like Lone Ranger and his sidekick, Tonto.



Buffy mouthed the words “what?” Faith frantically waved for her to join them. With a sigh - though she was secretly happy they came to save her – she pulled off her gloves, tossed them on the table, grabbed her backpack and ran out of the class.



Willow was going to call out to Mrs. Carter as Buffy headed out the door but decided against it. It would be time to clean up soon and without the blonde finishing up her report she would get in trouble.


*****


“You did what?” Why did Faith’s actions never cease to amaze her?



The other girl stood in the mirror smirking. Damn, she was good. “You heard me. I got Spike to get you a fake identification card.”



“But, why? What do I need one for? And when is he getting it for me?”



“You never know. We might need them one night. And since me and Xander are already covered that leaves you unprotected.” She combed her fingers through her hair. “And he’s dropping by your place tonight, to give it to you.”



“Oh, my, God. You told him where I live!?” All Buffy could do was stare between the two kids. The door opened and two other girls walked between the three teens to use the stalls. “And anyway I have plans. Have to do this stupid report thingy for bio.”



“But you’ll be home right?”



“No, I have to go over Jesse’s and do the stupid thing.”



“Well that works out perfectly. You can be all double agent Summer, working with your lab partner, but really waiting for your secret rendezvous with Spike.” Xander added. He was all for getting Buffy with Spike. ‘Cause if he heard her fawning over the kid on more time he was going to scream.



“Yeah, I guess that could work. I’ll be over there at nine. So I guess you can tell Spike to come over too.” God, she couldn’t believe she was agreeing to this.



*****


“I don’t know why you do so much stuff for her.” The voice said behind Jesse. He paused and turned around.



“Do what for who?”



Willow narrowed her eyes and walked towards him. “Don’t play dumb, you know who. She’s only using you. And you’re not doing anything to stop her.”



Jesse sighed. “She’s not using me. She’s just going through a difficult time and like a good friend, I’m helping her.”



“She’s not our friend anymore, Jess. The sooner you realize that the better off you’ll be. And not to be the bearer of bad news, but she’ll never like you like that.”



With that Willow walked away.



*****


“I thought she was going over Jesse’s?” Hank asked looking up the stairs.



Joyce smiled. “She is. She’s been in her room for the past hour trying on different outfits. I think she has a crush on him and trying to look her best.”



Hank had to chuckle, his daughter and one of her oldest friends. “You think? When did all this happen?”



“I have no idea. But I checked in on her a while ago and she looked so nervous and sweet.”



Just then Buffy came down the steps, her little sister, Dawn right behind her. “Someone please, help me. This strange creature has attached itself to my shadow and won’t leave me alone.”



“She won’t tell me where she’s going and why she smells like she’s bathed in perfume,” the twelve year old pouted.



Hank came over to scoop the younger Summers up in his arms. “She’s going on a study date across the street.”



Buffy’s eyes widened in shock. “It’s not a date, Dad. We’re finishing up some assignment for biology. That’s all.”



“Make sure you’re home by eleven.” Joyce called out as her daughter headed out the door.



“Does Buffy like Jesse? Is that why she bathed in funky perfume?” Dawn asked leaning over her father’s shoulder.



*****


The two sat at the kitchen table. Buffy tapped her pencil off her notebook as she looked around. Jesse’s house hadn’t changed one bit since the last time she’d been in there. Which had been a long time. The last time she had been over was two summers ago, for a pool party. She ended up getting her period in the pool, which promptly ended anymore visits to his house. It was way to embarrassing.



The silence seemed to drone on forever. Were things always this tense between them? Buffy wasn’t sure. Just then the doorbell rang. “Oh, I completely forgot. Faith and Xander are stopping by. They have something for me.”



Jesse frowned. “They’re coming here?” The doorbell rang again.



“Change that to coming here now.” Buffy corrected.



He looked through the window gracing the front door and rolled his eyes. Sure enough, there they were. With a sigh he opened it and let them in. So long to a night alone with Buffy.



Faith entered first. She dropped her shoulder bag on the ground then whistled as she looked around. “Nice place. What do your parents do?”



“They’re both lawyers.”



“Sweet. So, B, ya nervous?” Faith questioned, eyeing the girl’s outfit.



Brows wrinkled Jesse looked between them in confusion. “Nervous about what?”



Buffy shrugged. “Nothing. Let’s finish this assignment so I can get home.”



Time seemed to have stood still; it had only been twenty minutes, but that seemed like an eternity. When would Spike get there? Was he still coming? Would he be able to get her the id? Out of nowhere a car horn honked.



Faith jumped up. “Oh, that’s my cousin, Orlando. Be right back.”


*****


“Where is she?” He asked, casually leaning against his car.


Faith thought he looked hot. Too bad he was one of the very few boys she couldn’t get to have sex with her. Hell, she tried everything, but nothing worked. Stupid male-slut. They would have been good together. Even if it where only for an hour or so.



“She’ll be out. She’s drinking. So did you get it?”



“No, I drove over here just for my health. Yeah, I got it you daft bint.” Spike snapped.



“No need to get all defensive was just making sure. I’ll go send her out.” Faith turned around to head back into the house.



“Faith.” Spike waited for her to turn around. “Angel said to call him.”



She nodded then dashed back inside.


*****


“Buffy, my cousin wants a word with you,” she called from the living room.



Buffy decided that she couldn’t do it. She couldn’t go out there and face him. This was different, this wasn’t school. She was off familiar turf with him. In school she could deal but out here, in the real world. Oh, God. To bad she didn’t notice when she stood up, or when she started walking, because now she stood before Faith.



“He’s all out there waiting for ya.”



“Oh, God.” Buffy whimpered. Faith laughed.



The door opened and Buffy was pushed out. She stood on the porch starring at the bleached blond. He definitely was a salty piece of goodness. Just standing there without a care in the world, a cigarette hanging between his lips and his hands were stuffed in his denim jeans pockets. He wasn’t wearing his leather coat, and Buffy thought she’d drown in her on drool. She could make out that well defined chest in the tight black T-shirt he wore. And his arms, oh, his arms. Is it wrong to want to lick someone arms? She made a mental note to ask Faith later.



“Get a move on, B!” Faith hissed behind her before shutting the door. Taking a deep breath she started down the steps.



She walked coming to stand only a few feet in front of him. That’s when he finally noticed her, pinning her with his bluer than blue eyes. He took in her appearance. She was wearing a simple white tank top and a pair of low rider jeans. Faith had taken the denim jacket that she’d worn and hid it. Saying the top accented her boobs. Obviously she must have been telling the truth since his gaze lingered there a bit longer than she would have liked. He tossed the cigarette butt on the ground.



“Hi,” she said, a hint of nerves coloring her voice.



“You wanted the card, right?” Spike waited for her nod then stepped aside and opened the car door.



Buffy’s stomach jumped with nervousness. He wanted her to get in his car!



Taking another deep breath she slipped into the vehicle and, held her breath as he closed the door. A few seconds later he was sitting beside her. Talk about deja vu, here they were, in a dark place and, not talking. Wow, the chemistry was unmistakable.



Spike found himself wondering why he found it so hard to strike up a conversation with this one. Normally he had no problem chatting up girls. But this one perplexed him. Then again, he was used to socializing with cheerleaders and the likes. Buffy clearly wasn’t a cheerleader, she had brains.



“So…”



“So…”




“Oh, umm, did you get to finish that game you were watching?” Buffy asked, nervously chewing on her lip.



“Nah, but saw the highlights online.”



“That’s cool.” ‘That’s cool? That’s cool? Is that you could come up with? God, can you be even more of a spaz?’



“You want the card or not?” Spike could see that she was desperately trying not to fidget with her hands. Why was she so nervous?



“Yeah, okay. It’s what I came out here for.” God, she was sounding more and more like a loser with each passing second.



He leaned towards her, panic began to set in before she realized that he was reaching for the glove compartment. Opening the door he pulled out a plastic card, sat back up, and then handed it to her. Buffy took it, straining to see it clearly in the dim light. There was her year book picture from last year. She checked out the age, which said she was twenty one, and a quick check to make sure her name was spilled right, and that she wasn’t named after a rabbit.



“Everything to your liking.”




“Yup! Though I’m sure I’ll never pass for a twenty one year old,” she said with a small smile.



“Nah. Little make-up and different cloths, you could.”



She looked up from the card then. He was starring at her, seemed to be starring right through her with those eyes. They were the pretties blue she’d ever seen. She could get lost in them for like ever. Matter of fact, Buffy was quite sure that she was drowning already.



“You think?” The question came out in a breathy whisper. Just where did that voice come from, she wondered.



“Yeah.” He replied. This was his first time getting a really good look at Buffy. And Spike concluded that he liked what he saw. The deep pink flush had started to taint her skin, but this time she seemed to be oblivious to its presence. Her hazel orbs seemed to be luminescent in the dark, and her golden locks glowed from the distant street light.



Everything stopped, the only two people on the plant at that moment was sitting in a Desoto on Revello Drive. Buffy was vaguely aware that her skin felt warm, signaling that she was blushing. All that she cared about was the look Spike was giving her now. The look. The look she dreamed he would give her some day. She could so melt into a puddle of Buffy goo, but it would ruin the moment. Then she noticed it, he was moving closer towards her. But not fast like before, slow this time. Was he? No, he was, wasn’t he?


“I have only been kissed twice in my life, okay three times if you count that one under the willow tree in Jesse’s backyard. He barely brushed his lips against mine in the sixth grade.


Then there was that one time away at summer camp. I met this boy name Arnold. We were like ten, and we shared an awkward kiss on the final day of camp. Later I found out it was a bet, and he won five dollars for kissing me.


Then there was the salty piece of goodness at the beach. We had gone to Myrle Beach for a family vacation last year. I was playing in the shallow end with Dawn when this wave came out of nowhere. Bam, I was under the water. Next thing I know I was getting mouth to mouth by Shane. But can that count as a kiss since I was out of it?”





Buffy was pulled out of her mussing by the light touch of Spike’s lips on hers. Her eyes fluttered shut on, and as badly as she wanted to open them so that she could engrave this moment in her mind forever, they wouldn’t comply. This so was not happening! But it was. She was kissing Spike. It was soft and gentle. It wasn’t all cheesy like those romance books describe. And it wasn’t awkward either like her previous experiences had taught her. Buffy sighed. Spike took full advantage and slipped his tongue inside. It was like instinct, or as if her tongue had a mind of its own, but it joined his in a brief dance. The kiss was over far too quickly for her liking. They slowly pulled away, Buffy’s lips felt all tingly.



Just what did one say after kissing?



“I don’t have the thirty dollars on me.”




“No worries. Give it to me when you can.” He was still starring at her. Buffy’s blush deepened.



“Well, I better head back inside. I have to do… stuff.”



“Later.” Spike watched her close the door, a smirk slowly spreading across his face.



Buffy got out of the car and closed the door. She took a deep breath before attempting to walk; her legs were way to shaky to try with out the added burst of oxygen. How could he sit there as if nothing had happened? But it wasn’t as if she made things any better. “I don’t have the money on me”. Geez, why not make it even more clear that you don’t want his kisses, NOT.”



Jesse stood in the window wanting to see this “cousin” of Faith’s. He was completely surprised to find William Pratt on his curb and, even more surprised when Buffy got in the car with him. He couldn’t make out what was going on in the car because it was to dark. But what ever it was, it sure was taking a long time. Finally she exited the vehicle, then headed back for the house. Dejectedly, he moved from the window and went back to his “guests” in the kitchen.



*****

A/N: Well, what did you think? You still want more?