Buffy ran out of the cemetery and into the nearby woods as fast as she could to get away from Spike. She wasn’t ready to admit off of what she was feeling for the vampire, let alone admit it to him.

“Don’t think about him! Don’t think about him.” She told herself, over and over. “Please think about anything other than Spike.” Suddenly a woman screamed and Buffy was thankful for the distracting. “I’m coming.” She muttered running through the woods. I’m coming!”

When Buffy drew closer, she saw two robed figures running after a woman, who’d been the one screaming for help. In full slayer speed, Buffy attacked the robed men, but fell to the ground in her attempt to take them down.

The slayer stood up, only to realize she was alone. The robed figures had disappeared without a trace.

“Huh, that’s weird.” Buffy scratched at her head in confusion. “Something is very fishy around here”! She heard a strange whooshing noise and then the whimper of a young woman.

Whirling around, Buffy noticed the woman on the ground in the fetal position and went to help her.

“It’s ok. I’m going to get you out of here.” Buffy said kneeling down. “Can…can you walk? Are you hurt?” Buffy berated the young girl with questions.

Buffy heard the whooshing noise again and turned to see what the hell it was, but there was nothing, and she went back to the young woman, but then she was missing. Buffy was definitely wigging out.

There were now whispers all around her, but Buffy could not see anything but the woods.

“What is going on?” Buffy felt helpless.

“What did you do, Buffy?” The whispers asked her conspiratorially. “What…did…you…do?” With each question, they grew louder and louder, Buffy covered her ears, still trying to figure out where it was coming from.

A few moments later, the whispers died down and the next thing Buffy heard was Spike yelling back at her. “OW!”

It didn’t’ registered with Buffy how he was hurt or even how he come to be there.

“Huh?” Buffy didn’t quiet understand. “What the hell is going on?

Spike disappeared.

“Where are you?” Buffy asked again but the strange whooshing noise returned, which distracted her. The next thing she knew, Spike had returned and was lying on the ground at her feet, his lip bleeding.

“Bloody hell, Slayer.” Spike cursed at her. “What’d you do that for?”

“Spike?” Buffy was confused. “There’s something really strange going on!”

Then he was gone again and the robed men returned, attacking her; hitting her in the face as she turned to her right. Buffy fell to the ground and when she came to, more robed figures appeared around her. She quickly rose to her feet, fighting with two of them.

Upon punching the robed figured, Buffy knocked the hood off, revealing the most hideous demon she’d ever seen. Then to her surprise, Spike was there with her again, fighting along side her.

Buffy had no time to worry whether or not Spike would be there to help her.

Spike ducked when the demon swung at him. He suddenly grabbed the demon at the waist, taking it down, however the demon got up again and they begun to fight once more.

“Stay down, you ponce.” Spike sucker punched the demon in the gut. It staggered back. The vampire grabbed the demon once again, snapping its neck.

When he was finished, Spike threw it to the ground, all the while in vampire mode.

The slayer kicked the demon she was fighting in the stomach, it hunched over, and she kicked it again, it fell to the ground.

“Buffy!” Spike called out to her.

The slayer turned away from the demon she was now fighting, only to see another, and to her surprise, it punched her in the face when Spike distracted her by mistake. Everything went blurry, but Buffy tried to focus her eyes, then she heard the strange whooshing noise yet again. Things suddenly changed around her once more, confusing her.

Looking around, Buffy was surprised to see Spike approaching her with a bloody lip. ‘Come on, you’ve got to be joking,’ she silently thought to herself. ‘I’m not losing my mind, am I?’ “Spike, what’s happening?” She felt scared. “What’s going on?”

Oblivious of her questions, Spike said huffily, “So, you thought you could slip away, then. Vampire, remember.” He flared his arms out, frustrated.

‘Dammit, Spike. This is no time to be doing this now.’ Buffy sighed, still reeling from the strange things happening around her, around them. “We can discuss this later, or would you rather have a stake to the chest.” She produced one from her jacket.

Ignoring her, Spike walked closer to her, she frowned, and he mistook the look for something else and his expression changed to one of pain. Buffy knew that he was upset with her for running away – something she always did when she wasn’t ready to face the important things. Most of all Buffy was scared that he might be the long; haul, guy, and she kept pushing him away at every turn. Why did she do that?

“I could feel you, you know.” Spike finally found the words, though there was sadness in his voice. “I can always feel you when you’re near Me.”

Buffy was staring into his eyes, listening to every word he was saying and how he was saying, she heard the strange whooshing sound, things changed yet again. This time, she was back to fighting demons. She couldn’t keep up at the rate things were going.

The slayer blocked punches from the demons and was able to get a few more punches and kicks of her own in. Another demon was near the younger woman, who was still lying on the ground. It rose up and then attacked Buffy from behind. She staggered a bit, but held her own.

When Buffy punched the second demon, the strange whooshing noise overcame her again, and again the scene changed around her, and Buffy punched Spike in the face by mistake, and he landed on the ground with a thud. The young woman ran past both of them.

The vampire held his hand on the sore lip and then looked up at Buffy, wondering why she hit him. “OW! Bloody hell, what’d you do, that for?”

The woman ran by again and Buffy stared in confusion when she dropped to the ground, crying. A scene, she’d not seen before.

A patch of empty air had begun to shimmer and three more demons appeared before Buffy, charging after her. She and Spike begun to fight, but then things changed around them again for the hundredth time, and Buffy was alone again.

The slayer stood there shocked and dismayed, when something punched her in the back, she staged. When she looked up, things changed again. Buffy was really starting to believe she was imagining all of this.

When she looked down, Buffy realized she was holding a dead demon in her arms, she freaked out, dropped the demon, and watched it disappear. Things changed again for her and before she realized it, she’d been punched in the face. Her head snapped back, her world changing yet again.

Buffy did not like this one bit. It was to confusing for her. She turned around and saw the dead demon lying near Spike. He was busy with another demon.

“Buffy!” Spike gritted through his teeth. “You gonna help me?”

The slayer whirled around when another demon came at her. Buffy punched and kicked it until the demon fell down to the ground in a heap. A hand grabbed her shoulder from behind and she backhanded who ever it was and realized it was the young woman she went to protect.

To Buffy’s horror, the woman flew back, and rolled down the hill, finally landing at the bottom. All the while that was happening, Spike was still fighting the same demon.

“Oh god, what do I do?” Buffy ran down the hill to make sure the young woman was all right.

Spike straddled the demon when he gave it one last, final blow, before snapping its next. The vampire rose to his feet, calling out for his Buffy, but before he could go find her, another demon snuck up behind him, pulling him to the ground.

“Aww, bloody hell, do they ever fucking stop?”

The demon punched Spike in the gut and he staggered back, ignoring the pain, he had to make sure that Buffy was ok. “Do you mind?” Spike asked, punching the demon so hard, that his hand went right through the demon’s chest.

The demon screamed in extreme pain and the vampire shrugged, pushing him away from, then he rushed down the hill.

At the bottom of the hill, Buffy was kneeling next to the woman, who Buffy recognized as Katrina, a former girlfriend of Warren’s. The slayer just started the body, shocked.

When Spike finally reached Buffy, he watched in concern. “Buffy, you ok?” He asked, coming closer.

“She’s dead.” It was all Buffy could say. “I…killed…her, didn’t it?”

Spike kneeled down next to Buffy; he tilted her head to face him. “Baby, it’ll be ok. Spike will make it better. I promise.”

The slayer turned away from Spike, staring down at Katrina’s lifeless body. Spike looked around nervously, hoping that no one seen what had transpired.

“Buffy, come on, we have to go.” Spike stood up.

“What happened?” Buffy asked to no one inparticular, still staring at the body. “I don’t understand this. How could this have happened?”

“There’s nothing that you can do about it.” Spike helped her to her feet. “We have to go, before somewhere was to see this!”

“What did I do?” Buffy asked, tears spilling over.

“WE have to go now!” Spike couldn’t take it anymore, he grabbed her by the arm, and hulled away from the dead body. She stopped him about thirty feet away.

“What did I do?” Buffy asked hysterically crying.

Shaking her, Spike said, “All right, listen to me. BUFFY! BUFFY!”

After calming down, Buffy whispered hoarsely, “She’s dead…I killed her.”

“It was an accident.”

“DON’T YOU SEE, I KILLED HER!” Fresh tears sprang from her eyes. “I killed her.” Buffy repeated.

As Spike watched her, his heart ached. He wished that he could take that pain away from her. Spike said, ignoring her outburst, “I’m gonna take her home.”

Buffy tried to walk away from him, but Spike grabbed a hold of her arm. “NO!” He told her firmly. “No! I’m taking you home and you’re gonna cry into your warm comfy bed and stay there.” His next reply came a little softer. “We’re gonna sort this out. Do you trust me?”

The slayer stared at him for a few moments, tears glistening her eyes. When Spike didn’t get his answer, he asked again. Buffy nodded her response.

“I’ll take care of you!” Spike told her. “I promise, I’ll take care of you!” ‘Always’ Spike added to himself.

With that, Spike and Buffy left, heading back to her house.


TBC