Warren, Jonathan and Andrew went back to Warren'shouse, and headed down to the basement. Jonathon was still having secondthoughts about this whole thing, but didn't let on that it was bothering him. Andrew, however, did what ever Warren wanted.

The basement was large, and in one corner, there was asmall living room set off the right, and to the left was their area where they strategized.

Sitting down in his chair, Warren had a smile on his face, pleased with how everything was going.

"Soon we'll have the slayer right where we want, and then we'll pounce," Warren said, gleefully. "

Yeah," said a dreamy Andrew, looking lovingly at Warren.

No one was ever sure what which way Andrew swung, but never questioned him about it.

"Excuse me," Jonathan went up stairs.

Jonathan was so nervous; he had to go to the bathroom.

"I'm glad that he's gone," Warrenannounced. "He's holding us back. We need to get rid of him."

"Why?" questioned Andrew.

Slapping Andrew's head, Warren said, snidely, "You idiot!"

"What'd I say?" said a confused Andrew.

Sighing, Warren muttered something under his breath, shaking his head. "As I was saying,Jonathan has to go. He's dragging us down…I think he's having second thoughts."

"Really, you think so?"

Warren ignored Andrew's question and said what he was thinking. "I think we need to kill him."

Before Andrew could agree or disagree, Jonathan came down the steps, oblivious to what had happened. He went over to the livingroom area and sat down; tired of everything that was happening around him. He had to find some way to break free of this life. Buffy did so much for him and he could repay her like this. If there was someway, he could let her in on what was happening.

Andrew and Warren watched on as Jonathan was sitting,quietly, alone, and wondered why was he was thinking about.

Warren spoke up,breaking Jonathan's thoughts. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," Jonathan lied. >
"Just tired isall. It's getting late."

"Yeah, late," Warren echoed his thoughts.

Rising to his feet, Jonathan walked passed his so-called friends, and left the basement. It didn't bother them that he left, without saying another word. They just continued as if nothing even happened.

"What if he goes and tells Buffy about us?" asked Andrew.

Warren hadn't anticipated that scenario and was surprised that Andrew had.

"You're right. He could. I don't want to take that chance," Warren stood up. "Grab whatever important stuff there is, and let's get the hell out of here."

They had packed up everything of importance, and when they were finished, they packed up everything they could in the van, and headed off to their secret hid out, that only he and Andrew knew about.

TBC