Author's Chapter Notes:
Let me know if you like this story and want me to make a new longer one.
A Proposal From A Vampire



Buffy: I don’t know what I’m suppose to think about what you just said. This is absolutely crazy. I know I freaked out when I found out you were a vampire not having a reflection is kind of a big giveaway. But this is even crazier than that. The only reasons I kept seeing you are because you were always nice to me and never treated me like a piece of meat like so many other losers. You know what I must be crazy.

Buffy and Spike are in their usually motel room and they have just finished up. Buffy is getting dressed as Spike is sitting up in bed.

Spike: This isn’t crazy at all. I like you and want you to be my girl and I don’t want to pay you for it. Isn’t that what people do when you like someone?

Buffy: I only ever wanted this to be completely professional. Besides I’m not a one man kinda girl anyways. I mean I’ve never been in a serious relationship before. Also with you being a vampire and me being a hooker that just wouldn’t make sense.

Spike: Look I want you to stop doing this “work”. I just want you to go away with me so we can be together. You still going to do this work when your forty. I doubt you’ll have many men lining up for business.

Buffy: I’m not really thinking that far ahead. I have to worry about getting through tomorrow. And how would this work exactly us being together. You said you lived in a crypt. Not really my style. And my place is not big enough for two people. So where would you get the money to take care of us both. I don’t know or want to know how you get the money to pay me. But it can’t possibly be enough to support two people. Then instead you go out and get a steady nine to five job and put down on your resume vampire. Don’t think that’s gonna work.

Spike: I’ve always hustled to make my money and if it came down to it I could always hustle more to support us.

Buffy: Hustling doesn’t sound like enough to pay my bills. I have food and rent and plus I don’t wake up looking like this. That takes money too for hair, make-up, nails and waxing. Everything on me costs money. I do like you but as a client and that’s all.

Spike: I don’t like the fact that other guys are having sex with you. And believe me none of them can get you off like I can.

Buffy: That’s not the point besides you’re the only one that wants to do those things anyway.

Spike: Tell me you didn’t enjoy it when I…

Buffy: (embarrassed) Ok I admit it but only with you. Look it’s getting late. If you are gonna keep me then I’m gonna start to charge you extra. Besides this conversation is going nowhere.

Spike: Please stay. I know that we can make it work.

Buffy: (blows him a kiss) Goodbye Spike. Call me (leaves).

Spike sits alone in bed thinking why is he so obsessed with a hooker and did he really ask her to be his girlfriend. But for some reason she makes him feel good in bed and is really starting to like her the more he gets to know her. He tells himself that he won’t pay to see her anymore but still is going to try to make her his.

Cut to:
Buffy goes home tired from her long night. She is trying to figure out what is up with Spike asking her to be his girl. She starts to think that something like this was bound to happen eventually with one of her clients. But this was no ordinary client as he is a vampire. But yet he is the only one who treats her with respect. She knows that she needs his money and that he will come calling her again to meet. She goes to sleep and tries to sleep in. She is tired from her long night and wakes up and eats a small breakfast. She gets ready for her day and goes to her mirror to look at herself and decides that she doesn’t need to workout. She leaves her place and goes to her salon where her stylist is waiting for her. She drops in on her stylist Betty who is also like her best friend as she tells her about her life and Betty doesn’t judge her but rather gives advice.

Buffy: I’m thinking of trying a new look today. What do you think?

Betty: Sounds like a good idea to me. How about we give you some waves today and lighten up your make-up.

Buffy: Ok, but I need to keep my lips sparkly and glossy because men really like that. Do you think it’s strange for one of my clients to ask me to be his girlfriend?

Betty: Well what was your answer?

Buffy: I told him no. I only wanted to keep things strictly professional. I don’t think it would ever would out between us. He could never support the both of us.

Betty: So what’s he like?

Buffy: He treats me nice and with respect. He’s some British guy with peroxide hair and a great body. Too bad he’s a vampire…

Betty: A vampire?

Buffy: Oh I mean like you know a guy that dresses up like a vampire. Kinda has a Billy Idol look to him.

Betty: Uh huh. So under normal circumstances would you say yes?

Buffy: I don’t know…maybe. The funny thing is the one person who tries to offer me a way out is not some rich guy but him. And now he says he doesn’t want to pay to see me anymore.

Betty: Why is that?

Buffy: Because he wants me to be his girlfriend and doesn’t want to pay me that way.

Betty: So what are you gonna do next? Are you ever gonna accept his offer?

Buffy: I can’t even if I wanted to. But I still need his money. He’ll call again I know it.

Cut to:
Buffy goes home to start her work which entails staying at home with her cell phone waiting for one of her clients to call her. She has her little black book with all of her client’s names and numbers but doesn’t call them because she knows that they don’t want to be disturbed and most are too embarrassed. She has quit walking the streets as she knows it is too dangerous and once she built up a steady client list she just waits for their call and sets up a meet. She watches TV or a movie on her couch waiting for a call as the afternoon goes by. She constantly checks her cell phone to make sure no calls are missed. She makes a light dinner and eats then goes to the bathroom to do light touch up on her make-up and hair. Still no calls as she goes back to her couch and watches her favorite TV shows. When her last show of the night ends she knows to call it a night as no one will call her. She has had more then a few nights like these when she gets no calls. She is disappointed that she won’t be able to make any money tonight or to show off her new look. She goes to the bathroom to wash the make-up off her face then suddenly her cell rings. She sighs as she goes to see who it is and recognizes that it’s Spike on the line calling from the same payphone he always uses. She lets it ring awhile and hesitates before she answers.

Buffy: Hello.

Spike: I need to see you and tonight.

Buffy: It’s late…but I need the money so yes.

Spike: Meet me at the Bronze.

Buffy: Sorry Spike I don’t do it public.

Spike: No I want us to hang out so we can talk.

Buffy: If I’m not getting paid for it then forget it.

Spike: I told you before I’m not paying you for your company anymore.

Buffy: Then there is nothing more for us to talk about.

Spike: Buffy please don’t hang up I beg you. I need to tell you something.

She wants to hang up but can’t for some reason so she lets him say what he has to say.

Spike: Buffy I want to be with you and only you. I can’t stand the fact that other people get to touch you. I never had feelings like this before and I will do whatever it takes for you to be mine.

Buffy: Spike you need to get over it. Find some way to get over it. Stop calling me with this conversation. If it’s not about me getting paid then I don’t need to talk to you. Bye.

Spike: Buffy, Buffy, don’t hang up…you still there?

Buffy lightly presses the button to hang up but can’t do it. She doesn’t say anything to him but doesn’t hang up as she just closes her eyes and listens.

Spike: You win Buffy. I’ll meet you for our usually arrangement. I need you in my life if only for sex. I will do whatever you ask from now on.

She doesn’t give an answer right away as she tries to take it in.

Buffy: Spike it’s really late can we just make it up tomorrow.

Spike: No it has to be tonight. I have to see you.

Buffy: (sighs) How soon can you be there?

Spike: Five minutes.

Buffy: I’ll be there soon just wait for me there.

Spike: Thank you for meeting me tonight.

Buffy goes back into to the bathroom for some minor touch-ups and leaves to meet Spike.

Cut to:
Spike is in their motel room and he paces back and forth in anticipation of Buffy. He really doesn’t want to do this and continue to have sex with her for money but knows he can’t be without her in his life. She shows up and knocks and he lets her in.

Buffy: Let me make this clear. I’m here but you’re paying me money for sex and nothing else.

Spike: Right you are (pulls money from his coat) see got money and plenty of it right here.

Buffy starts to take off her jacket.

Spike: I like you new look. You plan on keeping it.

Buffy: I don’t know yet. But I like it too.

Spike: So how much do you make on a good night?

Buffy: I don’t know maybe like 600-700 dollars. Haven’t had one of those in awhile.

Spike: And on a bad night?

Buffy: Nothing.

Spike: What would you be doing if you could have any job in the world?

Buffy: Are you trying to have a conversation or are we gonna have sex (takes off her shoes)?

Spike: I’m not. I just really want to know.

Buffy: It doesn’t matter now. I’m stuck doing this. It’s all I really know how to do.

Spike: Come on tell me.

Buffy: I always wanted to be an actress. I even dropped out of high school to do it. So I came to LA to audition. But since I didn’t have any acting credits to put down on my resume I had to do things just to get directors to see me. But they all told me I couldn’t act. One even told me that I was only good enough to act in porn. That just destroyed all my confidence to become an actress. Then I needed money somehow and told myself I was only gonna do this to get back on my feet. But the money was so easy and I kinda got sucked into this life. I moved here to Sunnydale because there is less competition.

Spike: That’s a really sad story.

Buffy: Enough of this. (stands and walks to the door) I’m leaving (places her hand on the knob).

He sits on the bed and motions for her to sit next to him.

Spike: I’ll stop Ok.

Buffy: You’re just gonna pay me for sex right?

Spike: Yes, now please don’t go.

She goes to sit next to him. She starts to unbutton her shirt when Spike utters words out loud that he didn’t want to.

Spike: I love you.

Buffy gets up horrified that he just said that and knows that he meant it.

Spike: I’m sorry that I said it but it’s true. I love you.

Buffy: No you can’t, this isn’t right. This isn’t suppose to happen.

Spike: I can’t help myself.

Buffy: We can’t see each other anymore. It’s over. I can’t have you in my life anymore (she starts to leave).

Spike: You can leave but take this before you go (holds out all of his money).

Buffy: I don’t want your money. We didn’t do anything.

Spike: You have to take it. It yours.

She hesitates but eventually walks over to take his money.

Buffy: Me taking your money doesn’t change anything between us.

Spike: I’m sorry but please don’t cut me out of your life.

She leaves and doesn’t give him a response. He sits their alone on the bed thinking that he may have make a big mistake by telling her how he feels and that if he loses her in his life that he will be very upset with himself. He tries to think about what he is going to do next.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives home distraught as to what just happened. She has a client who is in love with her but is also a vampire. She tries to calm herself down and goes to the bathroom and washes the make-up from her face. Then she hears her cell phone ring and dreads at who it could be. She picks it up and knows its Spike and doesn't answer. She lets it ring and it goes to voicemail and Spike leaves her a message.

Spike: I truly do love you Buffy and I’m sorry for making a mess of things by telling you. One thing for sure is it’s over…I will never pay you for sex again. I know that you need some time and maybe you’ll let me back into your life again. I just want to take you away from all this. Now I’m off to get some more money for us and the future I hope we will have together. Just one more thing I have to say… (pauses) I can’t say it over the bloody voicemail (hangs up).

Buffy stares at her cell phone as the voicemail message pops up on her phone. She doesn’t know what to do as she doesn’t know what he is going to say and isn’t sure if she wants to hear it. She sighs again and closes her eyes and says that she will do the right thing and dials her voicemail.




fin





This story is a very interesting one as I thought it would be fun the whole vampire and a hooker story. It’s funny how no matter what universe Spike finds himself in he’s still in love with Buffy. Tell me what you thought about it. Was it a triumph or a failure? Just let me know. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.






Buffy: I knew he was gonna say that…I just knew it…what am I gonna do…he’s not gonna stop until I’m his girlfriend…me…his girlfriend…sometimes I just wish I could say yes…this sucks…the one person who treats me like a human being is actually…a vampire…maybe I should never have gone back to him…just stick it out with all the others…it felt so good being with him though…(sighs)…what is the right thing to do…I wish someone would tell me…(Buffy’s cell phones rings)…(picks it up)…