Author's Chapter Notes:
you can thank The Enemy of Reality for this chapter!! i wrote it in 20 mins.! 2 updates in one day! WOW!!
Spike muttered to himself as the door was closed again for the fifth time in fifteen minutes. Throwing his still sore arm over his eyes, he wondered if he had enough strength to get up and lock the door. Dismissing that idea, he muttered to himself again. Buffy would just break down the door and then he would get his arse chewed out. Everyone was so eager to talk lately. Even the whelp. He wondered if he hadn't died and actually went to hell. Something was seriously wrong when Xander came to see him. Not that he wasn't loving it a little bit. Joyce wanted to know if he wanted more tea, Dawn wanted to see if he needed more pillows, Buffy offered blood. His mouth watered at that one but he refused. If he accepted, he'd have to actually sit with her and that would include Farm Boy. Spike growled as he remembered Riley dragging her out of the room the night before. The ponce knew what he was up to and wanted to keep Buffy away. Well that ponce had never really met Spike. He didn't know how charming Spike could actually be. How seductive. One look. One word. One touch. One flick of the tongue. That's all it took. Just one.

She'd be his before the proverbial dust settled.

Spike grinned at the challenge awaiting him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy sighed as she eluded Riley yet again. She swore, the longer he hung around, the more annoying he got. She had to actually lock herself in the bathroom to get away from him. And then having him knock on the door every two minutes was a real thrill.

And if he wasn't following her, they were arguing. Why did Spike have to stay there? Why was he in Dawn's room instead of the basement at least? Why this, why that? Why why why?? Buffy wanted to turn that 'why' into a 'wine' and tell him to sod off!

She smirked as she folded laundry in the basement. It certainly was saying something when she was picking up Spike's lingo. She sighed as she folded a pair of large, soft, cotton, plaid blue and green bedroom boxers. Stroking the pair in thought, she looked to the ceiling and grabbed them up in her hand.

Sighing she marched upstairs. Cringing as she heard Riley's voice in the kitchen, apparently on the phone, she pushed open the door.

Riley jumped up off his occupied stool and gazed at her. "Buffy, look--"

Buffy held up her hand to stop him. Seeing it was the one with the boxers, she quickly lowered it and marched past him. "Not now Riley." She quickly marched up the stairs towards Dawn's room. Riley trailed after her as he quickly hung up the phone.

"Buffy I really think we should discuss having that monster here!" Riley grabbed her shoulder and stopped her before she could enter.

"Um EXCUSE ME?" exclaimed Dawn, exiting her room. Slamming her door closed behind her, she glared at Riley. "You know, I used to look up to you but right now you're being a big pillock! Stop insulting my friend!"

Riley gulped at the fire burning in her eyes.

Spike's bark of laughter sounded through the door.

Pushing the door open, Dawn pointed her finger at him like a child. "You don't start either! I've seen enough of your blood for two of your lifetimes!"

Spike bit back his smile as he held up a hand in surrender.

Riley sighed and pulled the door closed. "Look, all I'm saying is that Spike is a dangerous killer and--"

"And don't you forget it!" called Spike.

Rolling her eyes, Buffy opened the door this time and glared at him. Spike buttoned his lips shut and gave Riley the English sign again as she quickly shut the door. Buffy quickly bit her bottom lip in laughter as she saw the naughty look in his eye. Sometimes he really did go too far.

Facing Riley again, she saw the hate in his eyes as he watched her struggle not to laugh. "And what the hell is THAT all about?" Throwing up the sign Spike made towards him, he shook his head softly.

Dawn burst out laughing and grabbed for her door handle. Turning the handle quickly, she pushed open the door and stumbled inside. Buffy quickly grabbed the handle to shut it before Riley was more embarrassed. "Spike! I can't believe you did that!" Throwing up the sign again, she started coughing, she was laughing so hard.

"Couldn't help myself. Sort of a reflex really," murmured Spike jovally.

Riley bit his bottom lip as he heard the exchange. He really was getting sick and tired of being the butt of the joke around here. Two weeks ago, he'd been in good and proper with Dawn and Buffy but now...

It seemed they were trying to replace him.

With Spike!

He sighed as Buffy laid a hand on his arm soothingly. "Listen...Riley. I understand that you don't like Spike. I can't help that but he is Dawn's friend. You really shouldn't say those things around her."

Glaring at her, he changed his stance. Putting his hands on his hips, he stared into her eyes. "And what about you Buffy? What is he to you?"

Buffy's eyes widened slightly. "No-nothing. He's just--Look he's practically in this group now. For good. And when someone in this group gets hurt, we help them."

"So he's your friend?" Shaking his head, he cursed silently. He really couldn't believe this.

"I--I wouldn't say friend exactly. More like acquaintance." Buffy shuffled her feet and twisted the boxers in her hands.

Glancing down at them, he pointed at them. "And where were you going with those?"

Buffy's eyes widened as she looked down at them. "Um--Spike needs to take a bath so--"

"Hell no! No!"

Sighing, Buffy shook her head. "I was going to let him wear them in the bath."

Throwing his hands up, he growled in frustration. "That doesn't exactly help when they're WET!" Grabbing his hair, he sighed. "Buffy, you're my girlfriend and as such, I'm telling you no. No. You can't do this."

Buffy took a step back. "No! What do you mean no! What do you think I'm gonna do? What he's gonna do? He can't even walk! Much less try anything else! God, do you think I can't take care of myself? I've kicked his ass plenty of times!"

"Way to make me a man Slayer!" shouted Spike.

Buffy cringed as she heard Dawn sooth him. No doubt so she could listen through the door.

"Look Riley, I'm just putting him in the bathtub and letting him get clean. It's not like I'm going to stay in there. At least give me some benefit of the doubt!"

Taking a deep breath to calm down, Riley nodded his head slowly. What could it hurt? "Maybe I should carry him in."

"Maybe I'll break your arms in the process pillock!" Spike yelled.

Wanting to stomp her foot, she threw open the bedroom door. Dawn quickly jerked away before it hit her in the temple. "Spike! Really not helping!"

Growling, Spike threw off his blankets. "I swear Slayer, I'll let my head explode from biting him before he carries me anywhere. More than likely, Commando will throw me in front of an open window!" Glancing to the window, he winced as bright, pure sunlight peeked around the tacked-closed curtain.

Everyone was silent for a minute.

"I'll be watching you," Riley warned.

Dawn flashed him The Sign.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy paced back and forth as Spike splashed around in the bathtube behind the closed door.

Refusing to wear the boxers in the tub, Buffy had helped his with his shirt and then let him lean against her back as he'd unbuttoned his pants. She'd screwed her eyes closed in torture as she listened to the zipper slowly slid down, followed by them rustling down his legs. She breathed in deeply as Spike squeezed her shoulder to balance himself against the tub shelf. He grabbed onto her arm as he lighlty sat. She exhaled as she heard him hiss from the cold porcelin. The water splashed behind her and then a sigh.

"Okay, I'm good luv."

Buffy ran out of the bathroom like the house was on fire.

Now she was pacing and waiting for him to get done. It was torture. She could see his bruised body in her mind. She could see him sunk down in the hot water. The water lapping at his sore muscles. His tight muscles. His tight--

"I've finished!"

Buffy jumped as Spike called out to her. Taking a deep breath, she slowly opened the door and lost her breath.

Spike was wet.

Dewy.

Droplets of water trailed from his wet, curly hair, down his neck, across his collarbone, and down a pec.

Buffy had to learn how to swallow again.

She shook her head as she saw Spike's lips moving. Shaking her head, she breathed "Huh?"

Spike grinned and ran a hand through his hair, releasing more water down his shoulders and chest. Buffy licked her lips again. This was certainly an interesting development. He could work with this.

"I asked if you could help me walk back to the room. Legs still a little stiff pet." He smiled as Buffy nodded numbly and take a step forward. She suddenly stopped and her face turned crimson. He could hear her heart rate accelerate. He was wearing the boxers.

They were a little tight.

All around.

Looking to his face, Buffy took a deep breath and silently walked towards him. Grasping his arm, she pulled him up from the tub's lip. She pulled a little too fast.

Stumbling, Spike fell against her.

They fell against the sink.

Spike put his hands out to stop himself and Buffy grabbed his shoulders in shock. His hands landed on the mirror. Hers clutched his shoulders. There wasn't a breath of air between them.

"Care to reevaluate that 'acquaintance' line Buffy?" asked Riley from the doorway.