Dawn sighed as she threw her history book into her bag. Just for an excuse, she was taking the book home. No use having Mom yell at her again for not studying. Thankfully, Spike wasn't the strictest of tutors. Every couple of days, he'd quiz her on certain events. He didn't complain if she got some of them wrong. He figured if she passed, he was doing his job. Waving to her friend Marcie, she jogged down the school steps and started down the walkway towards the center of town. It was a bright and sunny day but she couldn't wait to get in the shade. California weather wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

As she turned the corner to the store, a large red truck flew by. Staring as it revved down the street, she looked into the tinted windows. Recognizing the person inside, she went after it as it parked down the street. Lagging back, she walked behind a car and watched as the guy sat in his seat for a couple of minutes and then hopped out. Ducking down, she watched as he looked around and then jogged up the street to another car and got in. She stared confused as the car drove off. She waited until they turned the corner then approached the truck. Standing on the foot rail, she looked in. It was clean. Almost 'brand new' clean. Frowning, she hopped down and started back up the walkway. Deciding to keep the incident to herself, she pushed open the door and announced her arrival.

~~~~~~~

Spike sighed as he threw his bag down in the dust. He almost wanted to turn tail and head back to the Summers house. His place was destroyed. All the furniture was broke or bent. There was dirt everywhere. He almost curled his nose up but didn't. He was a vampire! Didn't expect to live in the Hilton now did he? Sighing as his boots kicked up a plume of dust, he crossed the floor and turned the switch to his TV. Nothing. Checking the connection, he tried it again. Blank screen. The bastard had broke his telly!

Sighing in frustration, he kicked the stand and sank down into his beat up chair. Sitting there for a few seconds, he flicks his lighter open then closed. He should be happy but he wasn't. He had his own space back. No bloody stupid posters on the wall. No one knocking on the door every five seconds. No one nagging at him every hour of the day.

Damn he was bored!

Screwing his face up in a grimace, he jumped out of the chair. He was fine now. Fully healed. Nice and fit. Time to get back to business. Grabbing up his bag, he headed back down to the tunnels.

~~~~~~~

"Thank you for your money! Please come again!"

Xander grinned as Anya beamed into a customer's face as they walked away. Throwing his old research book back onto the table, he leaned back, getting comfortable. "You know Anya, it's usually 'Thank you! Have a nice day!'"

Anya looked at him confused. "What was wrong with what I said? She gave me her money in exchange for my goods. That made me happy. It made her happy. Plus, I told her to come back!"

"As long as they come back," quipped Giles.

"But I was nice. Wasn't I nice?" asked Anya.

"Very nice," commented Giles.

"Just because an acceptable noise with your co-workers is grunting Xander, doesn't mean that my way was bad," urged Anya.

"No, it was nice. I've just never heard a cashier thank someone for their money," he replied.

"Well she thanked me for my goods, so I think we're even," she stated, nodding her head.

Xander nodded his head to her in agreement and flipped open another book, smiling wistfully. His girl really was one of a kind.

The communial silence was broke by a loud crash in the training room. Xander jumped in his seat while Anya just ignored it. Giles whipped off his glasses and strode to the doorway.

"Dawn! You're not doing it right!" exclaimed Buffy. She stood in the center of the training mat while Dawn leaned against the wall, rubbing her arm.

"Well you threw me into the wall!" she shot back.

"What's going on here?" inquired Giles, sliding his glasses back on.

"Dawn is-"

"Buffy is-"

Giles put up his hand. Turning to Dawn, he helped her stand. "Now, what's going on?"

Dawn sighed and sent Buffy a sullen look. She rolled her eyes and turned away. "Buffy is being too rough. She threw me into the wall! I told Mom that she didn't know how to teach!"

Buffy glared back at her. "I was just showing Dawn how to do it right. And I do too know how to teach. You're just not listening!"

"What, per sey, were you trying to teach her Buffy?" asked Giles quietly.

Buffy fidgeted and crossed her arms. "I was trying to show her how to backflip and stab at the same time."

"And how exactly did you end up tossing her into the wall?" he asked.

"She picked me up and threw me!" exlaimed Dawn.

"You big baby! I did not!"

"Did too!"

Giles sighed and tried to intervene as the sisters got louder. He stepped forward but was caught from behind.

" 'Ey there Watcher. Might want to watch getting between two women. You'd end up worse for wear," stated Spike.

Giles was almost too glad to see the vampire. "Spike," he said, relief in his voice.

"Spike!" exclaimed Dawn. Pushing past Giles, she threw herself into Spike. He grunted and hung on, chuckling lightly.

"Hey now Bit, you just saw me this morning. Why so excited?" he smiled.

Pulling back, she sent him a pleading look. "Please! Please say you're back to train me! Attila the Hun here is so not good at teaching!"

"Hey! Attila was a man!" protested Buffy.

Dawn shrugged her shoulders, rolling her eyes at her sister. "Same diff." Grabbing Spike's hand, she pulled him into the room. "Say you're back. Say it!"

Spike shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, I'm back." He almost covered his ears as Dawn clapped her hands and jumped up and down, laughing.

Stopping a second later, she glared at her sister and pointed to the door. "Out!"

Buffy's mouth dropped open. "Dawn! This is my training room too!"

Dawn leaned down and picked up Buffy's overshirt. Throwing it to her, she grabbed her arm and pulled towards the doorway. "Yes, but pretty soon Spike's going to take his shirt off and then you might cut off a toe or something. We don't need any distractions."

Buffy's eyes widened and her mouth flapped a couple of times but nothing came out. Dawn shut the door in her face.

Spike chuckled. "That wasn't very nice you know. If she was training you, I could always come back later."

She glared at him, pointing a finger at his face. "Don't you dare!" She giggled a little and bounced on her heels. "Besides, now she'll be thinking about you shirtless the whole time we're in here."

Spike grinned and fell into his fighting stance. Taking a swing, he blocked as she ducked and kicked. "Oh you think? I think it might just be wishfullness on your part love."

Dawn leaned back from his jab and went for his nose. "Don't think so. I saw her at our house. I think she's beginning to like you."

Spike batted her arm away and went for her ribs. Dawn ducked. "Thinking is one thing. Doing is another."

Dawn giggled. "Oh please. You know my sister. Mrs. Avoido till the end! You'll have to push her till she caves. Maybe I can help." She swept at his feet and then punched upwards as he jumped over her leg.

Grabbing her arm, he lightly twisted it. "Help how?"

Throwing her other arm backwards, she caught him in the sternum. He grunted and then she swept his feet out from under him. He exhaled as he landed on the mat, Dawn leaning over him.

"I've got a plan."