Author's Chapter Notes:
hope ya'll are still with me!!! Dak's name is pronounced Da-CARE-ree-ous and his clan name is Pole-tous. if you don't know how to pronounce Lurthan by now it's Lu-R-than. hope it helps! and thanks for reading!
Spike grimaced in pain as he awoke. How many days had he been captive? Four? Five? Bloody hell he didn't know. He wondered if anyone had noticed he was gone yet. Undoubtfully, Niblet did. She'd notice. Anyone else.....well it was a toss-up.

Leaning his head back against the stone wall, he grimaced. The pain in his shoulders had settled to a dull constant ache. They felt detached from his body. They probably were. One eye was swollen shut. It also felt like he had a couple of cracked ribs. His mouth was so dry, it felt full of paste. He hadn't fed the whole time. He was buggered. This was 'Initiative Round Two'.

Rolling his head around on his shoulders, he winced as his neck popped, causing pain to shudder up his arms. 'Don't do that again you pillock!' he reminded himself. Spike sighed and closed his one good eye again, listening. He could hear Dak moving around in the cave. He could hear water. Smell burning wood. The wind tickled his nose, bringing scents of something unidentifiable cooking. Spike's stomach churned as to what it was.

He jumped at the sound of footsteps heading his way. Keeping still and silent, he hoped it wasn't Dak. That bastard was going to be the death of him. He knew it. Dak wasn't going to let him leave here alive. It was either the Slayer or him. Spike knew which one it was going to be.

There was going to be hell to pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy sighed as she searched over Spike's crypt again. There was nothing but a broken mess everywhere. Why hadn't he left a clue? Something! Some blood. An arm. The body. This was going to be difficult. Everyday Dawn asked for more news. There was none to give. They had combed through his entire crypt and came up with nothing.

Sighing, she threw open the door to leave. Glancing back, she took one more last look.

As she turned to go out the door, a smudge caught her eye. It was weird to say the least. It was more of an imprint in the dirt. A large imprint. The foe that had fallen was huge and on either side of it, four large hands were imprinted in the dust. All equal size and very big. Buffy's eyes widened as she went back down the steps and circled it. Staring at it, her mouth split wide in a smile and she ran for the door. Hopefully, Giles would be very pleased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're saying....?" Buffy looked at Giles cluelessly.

"I'm saying that it will be very hard to find this demon. An imprint is not enough." Giles sighed and fiddled with his glasses.

Buffy pouted. Grabbing the book out of his hand, she flipped through it again. "Well I can tell you that this thing is huge! It reminded me of that guy from the 'Mortal Kombat' movie."

"Who?" piped up Xander, looking up from his book.

Buffy shrugged. "Dunno. The guy that fought the hot guy. That movie actor. It had four arms and broke his sunglasses."

Xander smiled. "Prince Guro. Niiiice."

Buffy quirked an eyebrow at Xander. Giles cleared his throat. Xander looked around uncomfortably. "Well...not nice. Johnny Cage did kill him. Evil guy and all but hey....four arms....hard to find.....clothes....." he trailed off as his friends continued to stare at him.

Buffy looked at Anya as she rolled her eyes. Buffy smirked and muttered, "You're marrying him."

"Don't remind me," Anya woefully said. Grabbing her own text book, she headed to the table with Xander, Willow, and Dawn.

Buffy sighed as she flipped through her book. Even though they didn't have a clear descript on their demon, Buffy knew it had to be huge. None of these seemed to fit. There were demons with large arms but small bodies, small bodies but large arms and then there's the pixie versions. She was getting highly frustrated.

She jumped as Dawn shrieked and jumped out of her seat.

"I found it! I found him!!" Holding up her book, she smiled brightly as she flashed everyone her page.

Taking his glasses off, Giles took the book from her and skimmed the page. "Dakarious, commonly known as Dak. Head of the Poltous clan. A branch off from the Lurthan species. Dakarious is known to be a vicious hunter and can live for months on end by water alone. They are highly intelligent and devious. Can only be killed by severing all four arms off and then burned. Nearly indestructible."

Giles took his glasses off again. "Damn," he whispered.

"What do you mean 'damn'? Let's go find this thing!" exclaimed Dawn.

Buffy frowned at her sister with shocked eyes. "Dawn!"

Dawn rolled her eyes. "What? I'm sixteen. Not four. Damn! Bloody hell! Pillock! Let's go already!" Dawn waved her hands towards the door and glared at her sister.

Anya and Willow giggled as Buffy stared wide-eyed at her sister. Xander smiled. "Way to go Dawnie," he muttered.

Giles turned away to get his coat and Buffy shook her finger at her sister. "You hang around Spike too much!" Grabbing her coat off the counter, she ushered her sister towards the door.

Dawn giggled. "You should hear Mom."

Buffy shook her head as the rest of the group followed them out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So.....William....do we need to do this again?" asked Dak. He'd just spent the last two hours working Spike over and wasn't even tired. Spike on the other hand...well he'd be dead already if he was a human. They were so weak. Almost like babies. But great as pets.

"Sod....off," Spike wheezed as his throat closed up again. Being this long without blood was torture. And he was cold. It was weird. The cold being cold. He never noticed but now he did. It was alarming to say the least.

Suddenly, a loud crash sounded in the tunnel. Jerking, Spike whipped his head around, then cursed himself for being so stupid. He hung limply as Dak charged off towards the noise. Pain radiated out of his shoulders and down his back.

"SPIKE!"

He jerked again as his name was screamed. He groaned as it echoed and assaulted his eardrums. Clenching his eyes closed, he shook his head. It couldn't be. It just couldn't be!

He sighed as he felt soft, warm hands grasp his arms.

"Spike are you okay? Oh God!" She frantically tore at his chains and sighed as his legs slipped lose. The key jingled as she took down his arms. Spike fell on her and she grunted as she staggered under his limp weight. Wrapping her arms around him, she struggled to get the entrance and ended up dragging him most of the way.

"Spike! Talk to me! Can you walk? Can you talk?" Spike gasped as she almost dropped him. Trying to take some of his weight away, he dragged his leaden feet and stumbled with her. Breathing harshly, he put his head on her shoulder and smiled. She smelled like gasoline and smoke. She smelled like heaven.

"Niblet, my hero," he murmured before he passed out.