Author's Chapter Notes:
I would like to thank those of you who showed interest in this fic so far. I'm having fun writing this so I'm glad you like it. It like to say thank you to my Beta DarkRiverTemest. You have been so great I cant even tell you. I hope everyone likes chapter 2. Please Review!
Chapter 2

The battle with the Senior Partners was over and Spike and Angel had retreated to the Hyperion. Spike didn't know how they had survived. He had gone into the battle knowing that he wasn't going to come out at the other end, and he had been okay with that. Yet somehow he was still here…

***

As it turns out, the Senior Partners at Wolfram & Hart didn't really like the fact that Team Angel killed off all the members of the Circle of the Black Thorn. Team Angel was gone now of course. Lorne went to God knows where and Fred had been taken over by Illyria. Cordelia had died never having woken up from the coma she was in, and Wes and Gunn were dead from the battle with the Senior Partners.

Charlie-boy had fought a good fight. He even lasted longer than Illyria's predicted ten minutes. He was gone now though, Spike had seen him fall to a sword through his chest. When he saw it happen he gave pause for just a second, but when the demon turned and came towards him he let loose with more fury than he had let loose in a long while. He didn’t know he still had it in him to get that brassed off and neither did the demon that killed Gunn. Swinging his sword, he decapitated the demon before he ever had a chance to see it coming.

Wes had gone before that when taking out his member of the Circle. It seemed that Illyria had killed the four she had been given and found him that way. After Wes had died in her arms, Cyvus Vail mistook Illyria to be a helpless little girl and she put her fist through his face. He wished he could have seen that.

He was surprised that he was all right with Wes being gone. He had been miserable for months and the way Spike figured it, that was the way Wes would have wanted to go out. He was also a bit surprised to realize that he was going to miss the Watcher. He had turned out to be a pretty good bloke. He hadn’t had time to reflect on it then though as there had been a war being waged in front of him.

Spike had been hacking through demons left and right. It didn’t seem to matter how many he took out, for every one dead there were ten to take its place. Angel was to his right, cutting a swath through the hoards and Illyria was standing directly behind the two of them, taking out anything they didn't. She seemed to have been hit hard by Wes dying and she was taking it out on anything that stepped in her path.

Then there was the dragon.

Angel said he wanted to take it out himself and he did. Seeing the carnage below, the dragon swooped down and as it was about to start spitting fire at them, Angel managed to launch his sword and it landed true; the sword went straight through the heart. It was a once in a lifetime shot and it was probably the reason they were still alive. It seemed the dragon was the ace in the hole for the Senior Partners because as it fell, something happened. The demon army stopped attacking. The three of them watched as a portal began to open at the end of the alley, only to see the remaining demons turn and go into it.

By the time the battle was over, they were standing in a deserted alleyway surrounded by dead demons. Illyria had survived, being a bit worse for wear just as he and Angel were, but she seemed to have no problem getting around. They weren't far from the Hyperion Hotel and it was almost daybreak. It had been time to pack it in and find shelter from the sun.

Spike turned and saw that although Angel had been standing a moment ago, he had now walked to the side of the alley and collapsed next to the alley wall. Hobbling over to where Angel and Illyria were at, he looked them over making sure they were in one piece.

"Hey Peaches, can you walk with that gash in your leg? Sun's about to come up we need to get inside.”

“Why are we alive?”

“I have no idea mate, but if we don’t get a move on the sun is going to make it a moot point.”

Spike held his hand out as Angel took it and tried to stand. It didn't work. Either because Spike wasn't currently stable enough to lift him, or Angel simply couldn't, he didn't know. Illyria solved that problem when she reached down and hauled him back to his feet. It seemed it was a mixture of both; Angel could stand, just not very well, and Spike himself was about to fall to the ground.

After leaning against the alley wall to get his bearings, Angel started moving towards the Hyperion with Spike and Illyria right on his heels.

When they reached the Hyperion, the sun had been peeking over the horizon. They had made it just in time, but by then Illyria was practically carrying them both. ‘What a joy it must be to have the powers of an old one‘ Spike thought.

Illyria, it seemed, was full of surprises today. She made sure they both got to a room with a bed in it and then did something completely unexpected.

"I'm going to find blood. You wont last the day without it. I shall return when I have acquired some."

Spike didn't know what to say and she had turned and walked out before any comment could be made. Turning his head to look in the direction of Angel’s room, he walked to the adjoining door that opened between their suites and leaned against the doorframe.

"Well Peaches, got any idea how we just made it through that? 'Cause I'm at a loss. And when did Ole Blue become so bloody helpful?”

Angel didn’t seem to hear him; he was still staring at the door Illyria had just walked out. Then he spoke.

“You know, I’m not really sure, that was very… strange.”

Taking a seat in the armchair opposite the bed Angel was sitting on, Spike asked the one question that begged to be answered.

“Well what do you think is going to happen now? The Senior Partners don’ seem to be the type to just back off like that. Think they’re goin’ to stage another attack or do you think they’ll just take their losses and call it good?”

“I honestly don’t have a clue what they will do. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see,” Angel said with a sigh. “For now though I think sleep would be good”

With a nod, Spike got up from the chair and went back to his room. Collapsing on the bed, Spike slipped into unconsciousness.

***

Spike didn’t know how much time had passed since he had lain down but he was very suddenly awake. He heard the door between his and Angel’s suite swing open and was quickly hit with a bag of blood. Looking towards the door, he saw Illyria standing there.

“Drink.”

Spike was a bit too stunned to say anything as she turned to walk into Angel’s room. Not that it surprised him any, that was her way of talking to people who were lesser beings in her mind. He just figured her moments of being strangely helpful were probably over.

Getting up was a bit harder this time. When he tried to get up off the bed, Spike was slammed with pain all through out his body. He didn’t remember being in this much pain when he went to sleep. Looking at the clock on the wall, he realized he had been asleep almost all day and there was probably only an hour left until sunset.

That explained how all the pain started to set in at least. His left eye was swollen almost completely closed now, and he could tell as soon as he started to move around that he had at least two or three broken ribs. He knew he probably still had a large gash on his forehead and not to mention probably a million little scrapes, cuts, and bruises that he wouldn’t be able to see until he got in the shower.

Finally getting up, he made his way slowly into Angel’s room. When he made it into the other suite, he was confused to find only Angel sitting on his bed staring off into space with a bag of blood in his hand. Looking around, he noticed that on the dresser there was a fairly large box filled with what appeared to be more bags of blood; Illyria was nowhere to be seen.

“So, where’d Ole Blue run off to?” Spike asked as he made his way to pick up a cup off the counter in the small kitchen area and began pouring his blood into the mug.

“Gone.”

“Gone?”

“She came in and left the blood. Then she told me that she was leaving.”

“Leavin’ t’ go where mate?”

“All she said was she couldn’t stay in this dimension and she was going to find the one she did belong in.”

Spike didn’t know what to say to that. He didn’t really figure her for the hanging around type, but he didn’t think she had the power to jump dimensions anymore. Making his way over to the chair he had been sitting in that morning, he took a seat and drank the mug of blood he had in his hand.

“She say if she was comin‘ back?” Spike asked.

“She didn’t say. I suppose we could find her if we needed to, but I figure she has done her part here. If she wants to go I’m in no position to try and force her to stay.”

Spike knew he had a point but he actually liked having Illyria around.

“I really hate this floor.”

“Wha’s that peaches?”

“I really hate this floor of the hotel. We need to move upstairs. I think I still have clothes and stuff in my rooms. I even bet that there are still clothes that Gunn left in his room that might fit you.”

“Right. A shower sounds like a piece of heav’n right about now. Lead the way… that is, if you can move.”

Angel just rolled his eyes as he got up and head to the door, stopping only for a moment as he grabbed the box of blood and then continued on his way.

The trip upstairs was made in silence. Spike followed Angel, assessing his injuries along the way. He was walking with a limp from the large gash on his thigh as well as holding his left arm close to his body. Spike couldn’t tell if it was just hurt or if it might possibly be broken. Either way, he wasn’t too worried. Knowing his luck, the old poof would be around brooding for the rest of his unlife. It could be another hundred years and Angel would still be around to make fun of. Unlife really can be good sometimes!

The elevator doors opening interrupted Spike’s thoughts and he followed Angel out as he took in his surroundings. He stood at the apex of a T-shaped hallway and all he could see was doors.

“My room is the one at the end of this long hallway in front of us. I’m going to get a shower and put this blood in my fridge.” Pointing to the end of the hallway to their right he continued talking. “Gunn’s room is the third door on the left, there should be clothes in the dresser and the shower should be working fine. You can come and find me whenever you’re ready.”

Without another word the two vampires went their own way.

***

It was a little strange being in Gunn’s room. Except for the dust starting to cover everything, it seemed like Charlie-boy could have been there only minutes before.

Walking over to the dresser, Spike started looking for something to wear. At least he was getting clothes from the only member of Team Angel that didn’t look like a stupid Git every time he showed his face.

It was only a minute before he put his hands on something he wouldn’t be embarrassed to wear. It may not have been his first choice, but a pair of dark green cargo pants would do him fine and he was luck to find a black t-shirt that was a bit too big. His duster that he had been wearing was a bit messed up but it would do until he made it back to his apartment to retrieve a new one.

He seemed to destroy the dusters pretty easy these days, ever since he lost Nikki Wood’s in Italy. But luckily for him, he now had a supply of them. It was awfully nice of W&H to supply him with them. Or maybe it was just because that chit in the branch there thought he was hot. Shrugging his shoulders, he went to start the shower and stripped off his clothes.

As he stepped into the shower, he was glad to see that under all the blood and guts there weren’t that many open cuts on his body. There were bruises but it seemed his vampiric abilities were quickly healing them and some were already almost gone.

Spike quickly finished showering and got dressed. Running his fingers through his hair, he quickly realized he was going to need Angel’s help. When Spike immerged from Gunn’s suite freshly showered, he headed to Angel’s apartment and dreading what he was about to ask. Opening the door and walking in, he called out for Angel.

“Hey Peaches, I gotta ask a favor.”

Angel was walking out of the bathroom and tucking in his shirt when he heard Spike come in.

“What’s that? Did you just realize your roots needed a touch up? Sorry I’m all out of peroxide”

“Ha bloody ha! I need some gel and I know you have some…if not then your hair wouldn’t stand up like that.”

Looking at Spike with a hateful glare he tossed him the bottle of gel he had in his hand.

“Tha’s what I thought,” Spike smirked.

Just as he was running the gel through his hair he thought he heard something. Or better yet, someone.

“Um, did you hear that?”

He could tell from the look on Angel’s face that he had. They both turned and headed towards the door, making their way downstairs. They were almost to the lobby when Spike caught a scent that was all too familiar.

It was HER.

What his nose told him was confirmed only seconds later when he saw her with his own eyes. He was at the top of the stairs when he saw her, more gorgeous now than she had been the last time he had seen her.