Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you mi hermana Dusty273 and my dear Sotia for all your help, suggestions and beta’ing – I love you guys with all my heart. Special thanks goes to the talented Edgehead73 for the lovely banner, you rock, girl!



W-A-R-N-I-N-G: Let it be known that Spike is a bit of an ass in this story in the beginning, the sexual harassment in the workplace issues were addressed last chapter BUT from a different standpoint and not to be taken seriously as I DO NOT condone real cases of it. This is how I created his personality for the purpose of the fic and nothing more as Buffy holds her own, enough said. As for the Spike/other & Buffy/other, it’s in here but nothing even remotely graphic… cuz ewww! If any of these issues offend you, I strongly urge you NOT to read. If you do and you complain, I’ll be referring you back to the warnings here as the review system is not a place for personal gripes.
Wednesday………
READ THE WARNING ABOVE
Bringing Spike up to par on all the potential accounts MDIG was after took all of Monday and Tuesday, severely setting Buffy back in her own workload. He inquired about every minute detail of every aspect imaginable for each account. The thing that irked her more than anything was the fact the information was in the frigging files, right there in black and white, plain for anyone to see if they cared to look. But did he bother to look through them himself? No, of course not. Why would he when he had her to fill him in instead so he didn’t have to lift a finger? Prick!

It was now late Wednesday afternoon and with Friday being the deadline to turn in her own personal report, she was scrambling like crazy to get caught up. Scrambling like crazy and being driven crazy by Spike. She wanted to scream every time he rang for her to bring him this or that. And if he calls me ‘pet’ one more time, I won’t bother to bark, I’ll just bite! She must have made the long walk to his office at least twenty times, ten of which he’d asked her to stay to discuss more business with him. And the worst part? She was fairly certain the blond menace was enjoying it! She felt like a goddamned hamster running inside an exercise wheel for no other fucking purpose than for the cage master to watch in amusement.

To add to her dismay, it was all legitimate, work-related things he kept calling her for, too. Mostly regarding accounts from years ago they’d lost for one reason or another as he wanted to see why so he could formulate plans with her to get them back over time. She couldn’t even call his bluff for keeping her in his office because he remained focused on whatever task was at hand. At the end of the day, she begrudgingly had to admit she was impressed with his brilliance when discussing strategies.

During one of her trips to see him, her arms were laden with so many folders that it prevented her from properly seeing where she was stepping, resulting in her heel getting snagged on a small gap in the carpet. In an effort not to fall on her face she reared back but it was too late and she only managed to snap the heel in two. Pissed, she returned to her cubicle and hastily super-glued it back together. If that wasn’t enough, when she did finally make it to Spike’s office, he reprimanded her for tardiness. In her fury, she forgot the fragile state of her shoe when stomping her foot in anger and lost her balance as the heel broke off again. Being only a few feet away, Spike rushed to her ‘rescue’ by catching her in his arms right before she hit the floor.

He caused, well, ‘sort of’ caused all this to happen. No, not ‘sort of’, it is his fault, she decided. First by making her scurry at his beck and call and then with his stupid scolding which subsequently landed her in an extremely vulnerable position. And feeling herself tremble uncontrollably in his strong embrace only made her resentment towards him increase ten-fold. He, on the other hand, just smirked, no doubt loving every minute of it.

Thank God she remembered she kept a spare pair of simple black heels under her desk because it turned out super glue didn’t adhere well under the weight of her temper.

~~~*~~~

“Yes, Mr. Giles?” she asked exasperated when her phone lit up, yet again, with his extension. She listened as he asked for more reports and after finishing the conversation, came to the conclusion she should be a good assistant, go above and beyond the call of duty. Wonder how you’ll like them apples I’m going to serve you, Mr. Giles!

Spike had to admit he was getting a kick out of seeing Buffy so irritated even if it truly couldn’t be helped. Well, maybe it could if he reduced the number of times he called her. However, he did need everything he asked for and the perk of getting to watch her walk away with that amazing arse swaying from side to side afterwards was worth her ire. Plus, he couldn’t deny the pleasure he got from seeing her breasts heave with every frustrated breath she took, or jiggle enticingly when she waved her arms about every time she complained or told him off. But the one thing he enjoyed the most, would never forget, was how supple her body felt when he’d kept her from falling earlier that day. So soft and warm as she bent backwards in his arms yet full of energy while wriggling deliciously against him as she struggled to disentangle herself from his grip. Why’d she have to have a second pair of shoes at work anyway? I could live with havin’ to hold her up every once in a while, or all day. Bloody hell… all night long!

Sitting at his desk, arms folded behind his neck, he left his door open and waited for her. When she showed up later than expected, carrying a sizeable amount of color-coded files with her and a sweet smile, he knew something wasn’t right. Chit’s up to somethin’.

Plopping her load down loudly on his desk, she addressed him in a sugary tone. “This should be everything you could possibly want for the rest of the week.” Ha! Take that, Mister.

“I don’ understand, luv.”

Don’t understand my ass! She dropped the act, more than tired of this game. “It occurred to me how systematic you’ve been in your requests all day, and I do mean all day. And what kind of assistant would I be if I didn’t anticipate your needs?”

“Huh?” The word ‘needs’ had his thoughts spinning in a much different direction than she most likely meant.

“Do me a favor and stop insulting me by acting clueless. We both know what you’re trying to do to me, making me walk back and forth all day.” Nodding her head towards the pile on his desk, she explained. “These are the rest of the files of the accounts we lost and the ones under those are all our current clients. I think you can keep yourself busy with those and stop pestering me so I can get my work done.” She was so proud of herself she was willing to bet nothing he could say would make her lose her cool.

Good thing she wasn’t into gambling!

“Wha’s the matter, kitten?” He pouted sympathetically at her well thought out plan. “You’re not willin’ to walk back and forth to see me anymore?”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying, you-you patronizing... asinine, bleached.... erghhh!” Her eyes were ablaze with rage. Damn him to hell for that-that irritating… annoying… illegally sexy bottom lip. Just the way he stuck it out there with his sad, sky blue eyes made her weak in the knees. Luckily, her anger overrode any swooning she may have done if he weren’t such a jerk, sitting there chuckling at her. “And stop calling me pet names. I have a real one... William.”

“Awwww, `m sorry. How `bout I make it up to you, yeah? Make things easier for you?” He was half tempted to inform her of his little plan, but the chance to watch her flip out on Friday when she saw the changes he’d scheduled to be made, well, yeah... he’d been accused more than once of being evil.

“Look, Spike. I’m tired, I’m stressed, I’m going to have to stay late in order to catch up on my reports and it’s that time of the month.” Did I really just say that? She dismissed the embarrassment that threatened to creep in and undermine her anger. “In other words... don’t fuck with me!” That last bit of unnecessary information wiped the smirk right off his face... for a moment… before his familiar leer resurfaced.

He opened a drawer and pulled out a bag of assorted Hershey miniatures, placing it on the desk in front of her. “I hear chocolate during a woman’s uhmm, particular time is the perfect mood enhancer. You’re welcome to the whole bag `cause I need you to stay right now so we can go over somethin’.” He watched her face turn a gorgeous shade of red, then she drew a few calming breaths before responding.

“I’m not paid enough to put up with this shit,” she said more to herself than him as she crossed her arms over her chest while looking off into space. “You were hired supposedly because you’re some kind of whiz kid with all your… experience. I’m sure you can figure things out for yourself.” Maybe taunting his male pride will get him off my back.

“You have nooooo idea jus’ how experienced I am... pet!” He waggled his brows at her. “When you’re done raggin’ it, perhaps I can show you, yeah?” Getting up, he slowly made his way around his desk, running his fingers seductively along the edge, eyes hooded with lust.

“Yeah, okay, u-huh. And that’s supposed to make me what? Want to fall into bed with you?” God, everything’s a ‘come fuck me’ invitation to him! She remained where she was as he came to stand in front of her, mere inches away.

“No.” He leaned against the desk and crossed his arms, mimicking her stance. “For that to happen, you’d have to be slightly less than the frigid bitch you are.”

“Hey! I might be a bitch, but I am so not frigid.” His words stung more than she let on but what did she care? He shot her an accusatory look. “Only towards you.”

“Can’ imagine why when you could put your hands on my hot tight li’l body and I wouldn’ do a thing to stop you.” Lord knows he wished she would. He hadn’t had sex since leaving London for New York and that for him was as close to celibacy as he ever wanted to get.

“I’m not even going to dignify that with a response.” Although it did conjure up images of a naughty nature that nearly had her blushing when remembering what it felt like to be in his arms earlier that day.

“Tell me somethin’, pet. Wha’s the real reason for your knickers bein’ in a twist aside from the possibility you put your plug in sideways?”

“The fact you’re still breathing is number one on a very long list of reasons and oh-my-God... crude much?” She couldn’t believe she was having this kind of conversation with someone who not only was the most irritating man alive, but also her boss! Her seriously annoying, attractive, irritatingly sexy, hot… whoa! Stop right there, Buffy. There will be no lusting after your boss who also happens to be a boy… all with the raging hormones, and womanizing ways, and-and probably sticking his thingy in… ewww! She didn’t want to think about how many skanks he’d more than likely had… ewww!

“If you’re quite finished now, we have work to do.” He swore she was going to kiss him when she suddenly took a step towards him and leaned in so close their noses nearly touched. His lips parted a fraction at the thought of her mouth on his, nostrils breathing in her sweet scent, cock hardening when he glanced down her shirt to see the delicate lace edge of her bra... Instead, she reached around him to grab the bag of chocolate then went to sit down on the couch.

“You better pray you’re right about the chocolate,” she mumbled before steeling herself for whatever provocation he was sure to throw her way next.

~~~*~~~

Later, at Willy’s, she plopped her weary ass down and didn’t say a word when he filled her glass with the usual.

“Tired?” he asked, concerned. She always had a smile ready for him, but as he watched her down her glass in one long, steady gulp and motion for another, he became worried. One was her limit, as in always, but he poured her a second regardless. “Or trying to drown your sorrows?”

“Both,” she sighed dejectedly, feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders.

“Wanna talk about it?” As a bartender he was used to lending an ear to customers, but this woman was one of the few whose company he actually enjoyed so it was no bother to him at all.

Grimacing with distaste as she thought about Spike, she asked, “Remember the creep from last Friday?”

“The bleached-blond?” She nodded. “Yeah, hard to forget about him after what happened. I’m sorry you had to go through that,” he offered sympathetically.

“Well, guess who my new boss is?”

His eyes widened at her implication. “Him? You gotta be shitting me. Really? But I thought you were getting promoted, that it was a sure thing.”

“Yeah, you and me both. Turns out it wasn’t. The worst part of it all is that I leased a new, super-expensive apartment and paid six months upfront because I expected to get the job.”

“Hmmm, that sucks.” He reached out and stilled her hand that was currently fraying the edges of a napkin. He was one of the very few men who wasn’t afraid touching her like this would result in the loss of a limb.

“Beyond the telling of it.” She welcomed the contact, knowing Willy was only being supportive and would never overstep any boundaries with her.

“Well, the way I see it, you have the brains, experience and good looks to get any job you want.” He shrugged showing he meant what he said as nothing more than a mere fact. “Any company would die to have you and you know it. Perhaps it’s time to start looking elsewhere where they’ll appreciate your talent? And hey, at least you paid for six months on your new place… anything can happen during that time.”

“I know you’re right, it’s just I’ve worked long and hard to get where I am now and to have some kid just waltz in and yank the rug out from under me stings. And he won’t leave me alone either.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, the way he was hitting on me last Friday… let’s just say he made that look like pig-tail pulling.” She so didn’t want to repeat all the innuendoes Spike threw her way that made her pulse race and her skin flush… in the worst possible way, of course.

“Unbelievable!”

“Amen to that.” She took a small sip of her wine this time, knowing no good would come from any more gulping.

“Can’t you tell someone?”

“Well, if I do its going be his word against mine, and it’s not like he’s done anything. He’s just… stressing me out.”

“You know, if you wanna hire some muscle, I can keep it on the down low, keep it discreet. Nothing permanent-” He held both hands up, palms out in a reassuring gesture. “-just rough him up a bit.” He hated the thought of Buffy being harassed like that. Yes, she wasn’t one to be messed with, but if the guy was planning on abusing his authority, bullying her into something she didn’t want to do or worse, threaten her job if she didn’t… well, he’d personally do whatever he could to help prevent that from happening.

“No. That’s not necessary, but thanks. I can handle him, it’s just wearing me out I suppose with the extra work he has me doing aside from my own.”

“You sure? We could have his ride busted or something!”

“Yeah.” She smiled. “I’m sure.”

“You’re a good woman, Buffy. I hate to see you go through something of this nature.” He squeezed her hand affectionately. “If you ever change your mind, you lemme know and it’s as good as done. Got a few people who owe me favors and all.”

“I doubt I’ll ever resort to that, but it’s nice to know you’ve got my back if I need it.” Besides, if push came to shove, literally, she could rough Spike up on her own. She’d taken enough self defense classes since moving to New York to make sure she could handle herself on these rough streets.

~~~*~~~

Thursday………

“Damnit!” Buffy cursed in the elevator when she looked down to find a giant run in her stocking. Why do I get the feeling it’s going to be a bad day? The doors opened just then and the moment she stepped forward, so did the person on the other side trying to enter. The collision was mild and apologies were exchanged but as her reflection came into view when the silver doors came together, she saw the huge coffee stain on her skirt caused by the run-in. Because it is going to be a bad day.

Making her way to her cubicle, she began wondering if she was cursed. Rather than seeing her things lying neatly where she’d left them late last night, there was nothing, as in nothing at all. No computer, no files, no rolodex... the desk was barren except for the phone.

She looked around and found several pairs of eyes watching her, all of which immediately went back to whatever they were doing.

“Anyone care to tell me where my things are?” she asked, her voice full of righteous irritation. No one bothered to look her way. “Don’t all speak at once!” Oh-my-God! Maybe I’m being fired, she thought, starting to panic before thinking that it would be a blessing and, therefore, couldn’t be true. Especially not with the way her morning was unfolding.

She saw Cordelia approach from the direction of the break room and cornered her.

“Cordy, where are my things?” The pretty brunette shook her head.

“All I can tell you is it was Mr. Giles. You’ll have to talk to him.” She shrugged and sat down at her desk without another word. She so didn’t want to be the one to tell her friend what the new VP had done.

Buffy’s heart hit her throat. Maybe she was getting canned. Spike was in a position to make that happen and they weren’t exactly getting along. Panic gripped her again. She needed this job, at least for now. It was the only way to hold onto her apartment past the six months rent she’d spent her savings on. Could things get any worse?

Great, now she’d probably gone and jinxed herself by even thinking that question. She inwardly cringed before deciding to get it over with once and for all. If she was going to be fired by the obstinate ass, she was going to have her say before leaving the building.

~~~*~~~

Spike sat down and admired the changes to his spacious office. He personally hand picked the expensive, high quality items and supervised the arrangement of everything by coming in early to work. The last thing he’d done before sitting down to await Buffy’s arrival was placing the gift he’d used his own money to purchase for her in the top drawer of the desk.

“How dare you!”

Not quite the response he was expecting, but something close to it. “Good mornin’ to you too, luv.” He took in the state of her appearance and cocked an eyebrow. Seemed her morning wasn’t starting out too well judging from the state of her clothes.

“Are you such a coward that you can’t fire me face to face and let me remove my own things? And stop smirking at me.”

The situation was truly comical, he couldn’t help it. “What makes you think I’d fire the best assistant a bloke could ask for, hmmm?” She stood there speechless. There’s a first, he mused. “Take a good look around, pet.” He smiled as her eyes scanned his handiwork.

She was already glancing at the obvious changes to his office. Sitting perpendicular to the right of his desk was a slightly smaller but very expensive looking, solid cherry wood desk and leather back swivel chair. However, that’s not what made her eyes go wide. It was the fact that all her personal items were arranged neatly on the top of it along with newer things like a Tiffany banker’s lamp, a new laptop and phone.

“What kind of a sick joke is this?” She wasn’t quite sure what to make of it all.

“Not a joke. I took the liberty of movin’ you in here with me.”

“Wh-what?!?! Why would... wait a minute.” She was still holding her purse and coffee and thought about turning around and leaving without another word. “This is insane.” She closed her eyes. “I’m just having a really bad dream and I’m going to wake up any moment now.” The irritating sound of his chuckle broke through her wishful thinking. “Why? Tell me why so when I’m escorted out of here after murdering you I can feel even more justified.”

His response came out sounding far too pleasant for her taste.

“You brought it to my attention a couple `f days ago that you were tired of walkin’ back and forth to see me. I remedied that by movin’ you in here with me to save you any future hassle.” If he could, he would pat himself on the back for that one.

“I take it back then.” He shook his head at her.

“Be reasonable, Buffy. You’re my assistant and `cause `m in constant need of your assistance... it only makes sense. `Sides, I ordered new furniture and equipment to help make you more comfortable. What do you think of your new desk?” She looked absolutely outraged.

“I am not moving in here with you. Please have my things packed in a box. I’m going back to my cubicle. Right now!”

“Sorry. No can do, luv. Someone else is fillin’ your old spot as we speak.” She was sounding like a spoilt brat and it began to grate on his nerves. He was the boss and she was supposed to accept what he said, and that was that! Besides, women didn’t say no to him over any issue, a mock token of protest at most, but Buffy had already surpassed that quota because her ‘no’… really meant no.

“I don’t care what you have to do,” she raised her voice. “Un-fill it!”

“Now-now. No need for tantrums, pet, we’re both adults and `sides... I need you.” He’d give her one more chance to stop arguing against his authority before losing his temper.

“What?!?!” Did he actually do this thinking it would facilitate his plan of seducing her? “No. There will be no needing here... of any kind.”

This amused him to no end. “I was talkin’ shop, luv.” Oh well. Since she was already thinking along those lines, he got up and walked to stand in front of her and whispered, “But, if you have other things in mind?”

“I am not staying here,” she gritted her teeth and resolved there was no way she’d stay here without blood being spilt. And to answer her previous question, yes, it seemed things could get worse. Before she could move, however, he unexpectedly relieved her of her purse and coffee then took her hands in his and slowly walked backwards, taking her with him. “Spike, I’m serious.” He gave her a mischievous yet dead sexy grin and she wondered if he possessed the ability to thrall as she didn’t have the will to resist him.

“I hear you’re serious.” He could tell he was wearing her down and he’d rather use charm, not authority, in order to get her to accept her change of location. “I need you, you need to work and since I can’ work out there, the time seemed right to bring you in here.” He let go of her and placed a hand to the chair behind her new desk, giving it a push so it swung in circles. “Come on now... give it a spin.”

She let out a big dramatic sigh. “I don’t have a choice in this matter. Do I?” He shook his head while guiding her gently by the shoulders to sit down.

“I personally ordered the desk and chair special for you. Only the best for my girl.”

Looking up at him, she could tell his smile was one of hope. Hope that she would appreciate the fancy furniture. It was nice, but she wasn’t in the mood to give him the satisfaction of showing she liked it. And what was with the ‘his girl’ bit? She wanted to throw a fit over the whole possessive tone thingy but inwardly decided to let it go. “Overspending the company’s money I see?”

“Not all ‘f it was purchased with company money.” He winked and walked back to his own desk.

She chose to ignore that. He was an idiot if he thought she believed he used his own money for any of this. “Where’s my in-box?” That was the only thing missing of hers as far as she could tell.

“Oh, right. You’ll be happy to know I’ve permanently reassigned your entire workload.” He waited for her second outburst. Three, two, one...

“You did WHAT?!?! Spike, that’s my work, my job... all those deadlines a-and…” The stern look on his face as he held up a hand stopped her mid-sentence.

“Your only responsibility now is me and whatever I need you to do. This isn’ open for debate, Buffy. Startin’ tomorrow, you’ll be accompanyin’ me to all client meetings.”

“What?” That was unexpected. She and Cordelia would sometimes make a team effort to land certain accounts but for the most part, she went to meetings alone. “Why?”

“Because you’re good. Bloody well brilliant in my opinion. After listenin’ to you the last couple `f days, I realized that by workin’ together we can accomplish far more than I ever could on my own.”

She crossed her arms defensively. “Bolstering my ego isn’t going to make me feel any better about this arrangement.” And even if it does, you’re never gonna know about it. So there!

“`M simply statin’ a fact, Buffy.” The chit really doesn’ know how to take a compliment. “The truth is... you should have gotten this job. Not me.”

Huh? From the look on his face to his tone of voice, he seemed genuinely sincere, leaving her stunned.

“But as fate has already played itself out and I feel your talents could be put to better use than they are currently, `m settin’ new parameters for your position. I don’ need a bloody memo-taker, luv. I want you with me. We’ll make a good team and you’ll receive more commission checks this way.” Her expression was blank, making it impossible to tell what she was thinking. “Okay?”

She hesitated, searching for something to say but all that came out of her mouth was, “Okay.”

“Good.” All in all, this went much smoother than he expected it to. “There’s an external drive located in the bottom right hand drawer. Everythin’ from your old computer is on it though I doubt you’ll need most `f it now. I configured your new laptop as well.”

“Uhmm, thank you?” She opened the drawer he’d indicated and sure enough, there sat the drive.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled warmly at her. “Whenever you’re ready... I have a list of calls I want you to make. Our schedules are linked.” He tapped on his own laptop so she understood. “So any appointments you make won’ overlap.”

“I can do it now.” She shrugged her jacket off then extended her hand, feeling annoyed over just how grateful she was that she didn’t have to chase down the hall to see him anymore. That and the fact he’d given her the opportunity to earn more money. He was making it difficult right now to be upset with him, damnit!

“There’s no rush, luv, take your time.” He handed her the list and made himself busy on his laptop. From the corner of his eye, he kept watch over the next few minutes, waiting for her to discover his gift.

Searching for a memo pad, she opened more drawers, all of which were empty until she got to the one in front of her. Upon pulling it out, there was a rectangular black case tied off in red ribbon with a sticky note attached that read ‘Buffy, Something from me. Spike’. She looked his way but he was engrossed in typing at the moment.

She pulled the ribbon and opened it to find an expensive looking pen inside. Pulling the manufacturer’s paper from inside along with the price tag still attached, she muffled her gasp.

Spike was hitting keys at random while glancing over to see Buffy’s reaction. The last few days they spent working together, he noticed she kept using the same, ratty-looking pen and it drove him nuts to see all the bite marks she’d chewed into it. So he went and purchased a limited edition David Oscarson trophy fountain pen to the tune of $4,200 dollars, hoping to never see that old pen of hers again.

She ran her fingers over the writing instrument in awe while reading the card... Crafted from sterling silver with guilloché design, red with 18K gold vermeil, she read the rest of the specs then promptly closed the case and her drawer. Instead of being impressed, it pissed her off. What was he trying to do? Buy her? Or maybe thought this would also make up for being forced to work in the same room as him? Well it wouldn’t work. She didn’t like people who flaunted their wealth in order to impress or placate her so she had no plans on using it.

He waited for her to say ‘thank you’ but it never came, leaving him even more confused after she closed the drawer and went about work as if she found nothing. Maybe she didn’t want to interrupt him and was waiting for the right moment? Yeah, that was probably it.

~~~*~~~

Lunch rolled around, and after being unsuccessful at trying yet again to get her to join him, Spike announced he didn’t know when he’d be back. “Some personal stuff I have to take care `f.”

“Sure, go right ahead, I’ll be fine,” she muttered under her breath. He gave her the task of creating a whole new portfolio for their meeting tomorrow morning, something she could have used some help with.

“Wha’s that?” He tilted his head sideways at her.

“I said I hope you have a nice time.”

“Right then,” he said, half convinced.

She stuck her tongue out at him as he walked to the door and had to suck it back in quickly when he unexpectedly turned around.

“In case I don’ see you `til tomorrow... wear somethin’ sexy.”

“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear that.”

“`S for the meeting with Abrams Pharmaceuticals. We’ll be talkin’ with three very stuffy blokes for nearly an hour and it never hurts to show a li’l leg.” Her little huff of outrage made him smile.

“What are you saying? That we can’t get their business if I wore slacks? Or, are you saying you don’t think I’m capable without providing a slutty distraction?”

“Oh, kitten.” He tsk’d her three times.

She didn’t like the evil glint in his eyes as he sauntered towards her in a deliberately slow and sexy manner. He sucked in his cheeks as he leaned over her desk, close to her face, making her heart race as those amazing sapphire eyes stared her down. She froze when he tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear then ran a finger down her cheek, stopping underneath her chin. With a deep voice that rumbled like a panther’s purr, she felt her entire body tingle when he spoke.

You... could wear a burlap sack and sell salvation to a group of atheists.”

She couldn’t speak as he tilted his head slightly to one side while lifting her chin. Her eyes darted to his mouth then back to his eyes, imagining what it would feel like to be kissed by those perfect lips. He leaned in a fraction, making her think he was about to do just that and she swallowed hard.

He could practically taste the sparks of nervousness mixed with desire as they ran from her chin into his fingertip. When she swallowed audibly, he knew all he had to do was lean in. Just lean in and kiss her while she was still in a daze. Not yet. He wanted her fully aware and willing to reciprocate, otherwise she’d blame it all on him.

“`M the one tha’s gonna be bored and in need of somethin’ lovely to look at while you reel `em in.” It took a few seconds for his words to sink in. He knew the moment it registered when those beautiful green eyes of hers turned a shade darker right before she pulled back.

Stupid man with his stupid eyes and lips and... “You’re a pig, Spike.” And that’s all I could come up with? She rolled her eyes internally at her weak come-back while he stood up straight and winked.

“Oink, oink, baby.” He spun around and walked away with a spring in his step. Yup, it was only a matter of time before Miss ‘Ice Queen’ Summers would be melting in his arms.

I so hate him. She wadded up a piece of paper and threw it at his retreating form, missing her mark completely. A ridiculous thought briefly crossed her mind just then of going shopping for an outfit made of burlap. The infantile need to get even with him was overwhelming. She should show up tomorrow wearing super baggy clothes or maybe a really outdated neon dress from a thrift store or...

She suddenly remembered something she already had in her closet; something she was sure that when he saw her in it would have him passing a brick... or two.

I’ll be posting now on a weekly basis, either Monday or Tuesdays. I do hope everyone enjoyed a few chuckles and have a fan-fic-tastic week. Hugs.