AU: Spike thought that he could never love again, not after his fiancé’s tragic accident. So he moves to Sunnydale, in hopes of forgetting his past… but suddenly, his plans turn upside-down when he meets his new next-door neighbor, Buffy. Will Spike be able to love again? What will happen? Just read and review!

~*~*~*~
Chapter Ten: All Around the Corner
~*~*~*~

Cordelia snuggled up against Spike’s arm as they walked through the park across town. It was just the start of winter and the breeze flew haphazardly as the day passed by. It was Spike’s favorite time of year, especially since Christmas was right around the corner.

“Spike…” Cordelia’s soft voice sighed as she leaned her cheek against his shoulder. She smiled mildly as Spike kissed her forehead.

“What is it, love?” he asked warmly against her temple, gently rubbing his nose on the soft spot. She giggled lightly as she lifted her head to stare into his deep cerulean eyes. She then turned to glance around, but something caught her eye and frightened her.

“Can we go home? I starting to get chills all over…” she stated frantically, her eyes pleading for an approval. Spike raised an eyebrow in curiosity. He turned to where she was gaping and saw a man, cigarette in mouth and grinning maliciously. It was Lindsey.

He turned back to Cordelia only it wasn’t her anymore.

It was Buffy.

“Please, Spike… take me home,” Buffy pleaded, tugging his arm gently as if she were a small child. He looked back at the man, and saw Riley waving precariously. Spikes narrowed his eyes, draping a protective arm over Buffy’s shoulder and lead her out of the park.

“Sure, let’s go get you warm, love…” His eyes never left the man as they left the park.


~*~*~*~

(A month after coming out of the hospital…)

Buffy smiled as lightly stretched from her sleep, but couldn’t move much. She turned her head to see the sleepy form of Spike, an arm arrayed protectively over her stomach. She moved around his arms to face him; she frivolously cupped his cheek, his skin flinching at her touch. Spike stirred at bit, and slowly opened his eyes. He smiled, pulling Buffy closer to him as he placed a serene kiss on her lips.

“Am I dreaming?” he murmured against her lips, causing Buffy to chortle delicately.

“I love you, Buffy,” Spike whispered and leaned down, kissing the young blonde with ardor. Buffy snaked her arms around his neck, the kiss becoming deeper as they moved.

“I love you too, Spike,” she whispered as the two walked carelessly through the bedroom entrance and slammed it shut.


“No… you’re not dreaming, Spike,” Buffy mumbled, her fingers intertwined with the blonde lock as she combed his hair back.

“I love you,” she whispered, cuddling closer to him. He smiled widely, tightening his grip around the small blonde.

“I love you, too,” he whispered in return, kissing her temple lovingly. “About last night-“

“It was wonderful, Spike… it was wonderful and beautiful,” she interrupted him, lifting herself to view him from a higher position. “To be with you is to be in heaven, Spike…”

“I love you so much my heart hurts so damn much…” Spike murmured, cupping her cheek smoothly.
“Well, I have to shower… I need to leave soon.”

“I know, love… college duty calls,” he mumbled in return, but he didn’t fidget from his place. He loved to have her in his arms. He brushed his lips against hers once more, grazing his hand over her exposed skin. “Go before I change my mind…”

“Okay…” She stood up from the bed, grabbing her clothes that were scattered through the room, and quickly shut the door after she entered the lavatory. Spike smiled to himself, tucking his hand under his head, and turned to head toward the sliding door.

His smile began to disappear as he noticed a small package on the night stand. There sat the only condom he had taken out the night before, clearly intact.

~*~*~*~

“Hey, maybe she didn’t conceive, Spike,” Xander assured him as he watched his British friend pace through the room back and forth. Spike sighed heavily and sat down in one of the posh love chairs that Xander owned.

“I wouldn’t be so sure, Xander… it just happened so quick that we both didn’t realize it…I just don’t know…”

“Do you love her?”

“What?”

“Do you love her?” Xander questioned again, clearing his throat after. Spike’s lips curled weakly into a smile.

“Yeah, I do, Xander,” Spike answered, a picture of the blonde popping into his head. Xander crossed his arms over his chest, apparently in deep thought.

“If she did conceive a child, would you still love her?” the brunette asked wisely, causing Spike to raised his head.

“Yes I would love her and that child we created… I would do anything for them,” Spike raised his voice, assuring his answer. Xander nodded his head.

It took Spike a moment to realize what Xander had done. Spike rolled his eyes and laughed. “Thanks for the reverse psychology, Harris.”

“No problem, Spike.”

~*~*~*~

“Hey!” Buffy squealed as she spotted Spike at the entrance of UC Sunnydale. She jumped into his arms, pressing her lips firmly on his.

“How are you, Spike?” she asked after Spike set her down on the ground. He smiled mildly, and kissed her forehead.

“I’m normal… the usual as always... missing you like a bloody madcap,” Spike whispered and leaned in once more to kiss her deeply.

“I missed you, too…” a sudden chill breezed passed by them, causing them both to shiver.

“Do you have anymore classes for today?” Spike asked as he frantically rubbed his hands against Buffy’s arms for warmth.

“Nope, I’m done for today.”

“Okay… let’s go get you warm, love…” Déjà vu, Spike thought as he helped Buffy into his DeSoto.

~*~*~*~

“What are you doing now, Finn?” Lindsey huffed as he watched Riley writing in his notebook once more.

“Do you always have to ask me what I’m doing, Lindsey?” Riley asked annoyingly.

“Well?” Lindsey insisted. Riley rolled his eyes.

“I’m writing a letter to my ma,” Riley sarcastically answered. “What have I’ve been doing for the past few weeks, you idiot?”

“Well, it isn’t like we’re going to dress up as cops, right?” Lindsey joked as he picked on his nails. Riley rolled his eyes once again, but immediately widened his eyes and gazed at Lindsey. The man stared at the other in pure confusion. “What?”

“You’re a brilliant.”

~*~*~*~

Something wasn’t right… Buffy could feel it as she sat up in bed. She had not gotten her period; it was always on time and punctual. Her stomach suddenly lurched as she set her feet on the side of the bed to stand up. The urge to gag gulped her with fury as she raced to the bathroom across the hall.

“Buffy!” Dawn screamed as the older Summers cut into the bathroom before the young one could touch the knob. “That’s not fair, Buffy!”

The irritation suddenly turned to apprehension as she heard her sister retching loudly. “Buffy? Are you okay?” The brunette opened the door to find the blonde white knuckling the white porcelain, trying to sustain her balance over it. “Buffy?”

“Get me a glass of water, Dawnie…” Buffy managed to say, barely inaudible, and Dawn was off. Buffy breathed deeply, her heart racing with force as she brushed her hair out of her face.

“What’s wrong, Buffy?” Dawn asked as she handed the glass of water when she returned. Buffy hurriedly drank the water, avoiding another gag, and sighed.

“I missed my period about two weeks ago, Dawnie…”

~*~*~*~

A/N: Well, what do you think? I know you guys are going to kill me for putting the possible pregnancy part… but it will fit in later chapters, trust me! Hope you like!

-Jess