Author's Chapter Notes:
The establishment names are real but the location and layouts have been altered for better use in the story.
They met back up with Xander and his girl. He must have said something to her because she didn’t look none too happy with him and he looked rather relived to no longer be alone with her. William got a quick introduction to Cordelia, to which he gave her a polite hello, to which she responded with a cold hi and a toss of her hair. As she turned back to Xander, Willaim bit back a comment on her ice queen attitude. Only to find Buffy elbowing him as they turned to walk towards the club a few doors down from the coffee shop they met at. He gave her a confused look.

“Damn it William, for once will you stop being polite and just say what your thinking!” she growled. As she moved forward out of rebuttal range. She wanted him to insult her friend? And how did she know what he’d been thinking anyway? But all too soon they were at the doors of The Lime Light, the hottest club in town.

Rather then wait in the huge line forming in front Willow went to the employee entrance where a rather large gentleman stood guard. “Hey Max!’ the red head greeted the rather dangerous looking individual.

The off-putting frown on Max’s face melted into a grin, “Hey Willow! Your just in time They go on stage in 5 minutes… Hey Buffy…” he greeted the blond. William found himself taking a protective step towards her. Just because she was Riley’s sister, he told himself. As a voice in the back of his mind called him a liar.

Willow confirmed that she was on the list for back access as well as her friends. They were shuffling inside when all the sudden one of Max’s rather large arms blocked William’s way, “where do you think your going?” he growled.

Luckily Willow noticed and tapped Max gently on the shoulder, “he’s with us… He’s um… Buffy’s cousin from out of town….” Max dropped his arm but gave William a look that said he was damn lucky he was a friend of Willows.


~~~~***~~~~

“Thanks…” he whispered to Willow as the door closed behind him, glad it was too dark for her to see his embarrassment. Obviously it was also Max’s opinion he did not belong here. They had just got here and already William wanted to go home. After giving William a small reassuring smile, Willow hurried over to where the band was chilling just off stage and kissed Oz hello. Afterwards, the others gave Oz a quick hi and a thank you and left Willow to spend a few minutes with her man. Meanwhile, the rest of them made their way out to the clubbing area. At the bar everyone ordered something to drink. The bartender giving William a smirk when he asked for a ice water. William just made a quiet statement about having to drive later, as he quickly picked up his drink and moved to the table the group chose at the edge of the dance floor.

Few minutes later the crowd out front was allowed access and the club quickly filled. The dance floor moved with the music. The band was great. And after a bit William started to relax. It wasn’t too bad. Other then the slight pangs of jealousy he felt watching Buffy occasionally dancing with different guys. He was having an ok time.

Buffy and her friends were once again dancing in a group. Buffy waved to him and as he returned the wave she motioned for him to join them. He shook his head no at first and was about to give in when he noticed Buffy stopped dancing and was looking oddly in his direction. Before he had too much time to wonder why, he felt a soft graceful touch on his shoulder. He turned to look in to the most hypnotizing dark eyes of a raven haired beauty.

Her voice as mysteriously captivating as her eyes, “Do my eyes deceive me? Or have I found me a knight amongst these dragons?” giving him a smile that seemed uniquely sweet as well as predatory, “Tell me Sir knight, What is your name?” She rocked gracefully back n forth as she talked making her somewhat entrancing.

“Wi…William…” he swallowed hard. Never had he had such devout attention of a female, much less one so… captivating. Her hand moved gracefully from his shoulder tracing a soft line to his chest where her fingers lazily played with one of the buttons on his shirt.

“William…” she repeated as her eyes lit up, “Yes, a proper name for a knight…” she let out a little laugh of delight, “Oh, do wait till I tell Mrs. Edith, I said one day I shall find a knight of my very own…” She now reached down and took his hand in hers, “Please Sir William, favor me with a dance…”

He stood up but did not move to the dance floor, “I’m afraid I do not know how… at least not this type of dancing…”

“Of course not…” she gently caressed his cheek. “a knight only dances proper…” she leaned in to his ear, “But perhaps this princess may teach the knight to be a bit naughty…” William’s eyes widened. He was about to pull away when she got a look on her face as though she were a heart broken child, “Oh! Sir William does not like the princess…” she began to wring her hands and back away.

He reached out and grasped her hand, “No… Please don’t be upset. I’m sorry, Of course I’d like to dance with you…” All at once her smile was back and again he was held in the depths of her eyes, as she led him out to the dance floor. Almost as if on command the music changed from a fast to a slow beat perfect for closeness. At first William tried to maintain his distance befitting a gentleman, but this mysterious raven haired beauty would have none of it. Soon she slipped her arms around his neck as she drew him close to her body rubbing and caressing against his. Her hands began to wander his upper body as she seemed to caress him in just the right way. His eyes began to roll up in to his head slightly as he let out a soft moan. He was lost, his mind cut off from the sensations she evoked threw his body.

Before he knew it her mouth covered his and he was lost in her kiss. The world shut off around him and all his senses focused on the woman in front of him. That is until he felt her suddenly jerk away. And something hit his jaw. He didn’t fall but he could taste blood from his swelling lower lip. He looked to see a tall dark haired male standing next to the woman he’d been dancing with, “How could you do this Dru? With that?!” he motioned to William’s direction obviously considering him less then worthy.

“Oh, is my Angelus dear jealous?” she purred. Obviously pleased with herself. “Maybe he should learn to share like princess does when her Angelus goes to play with Darla…”

The guy looked even more pissed, “I told you Darla and I are just friends… All that other stuff is over between us…”

Drusilla looked stubborn, “I know more then my Angelus thinks… The stars, they whisper of your ‘friendliness’ with Darla…” her coy smile returning, “besides, Princess likes her knight…” her eyes swung over to William desire burning deep within them.

But William was no longer hooked, he realized what part he played and it was that of the man to make her boyfriend jealous enough to dump his little bit on the side… “look, I didn’t know…” he didn’t get to finish his sentence when Angelus took another swing at him. But this time he saw it coming and easily ducked out of the way. Lucky for him Riley’s favorite way of staying fit was boxing and other forms of conventional sparing. Riley often insisted William join him at the gym convinced that maybe the testosterone driven activities would give William a little more confidence in himself.

Angelus swung twice more still getting nothing but air as William easily dodged. Growing frustrated, “Gunn, Ben!” Angelus called his friends and William was flanked on either side. This time when he went to dodge Angelus he was grabbed and held by Gunn and Ben.

By this time a crowd had formed Buffy and her friends pushing their way threw, “William!” Buffy cried out his name. hearing the fear in her voice he struggled against the two who held him but his struggling did nothing as Angelus hit him hard in the stomach. Buffy having pushed her way threw the crowd got in Angelus’ face and started calling him every name in the book. To which Angelus knocked her to the ground with a backhand. Time seemed to slow as William saw red. He slammed his foot back into Gunn’s shin yanking his other arm hard enough to free it and elbow Ben in the nose. He then threw himself at Angelus getting in a few good hits till someone come into his line of sight, he turned just as something smashed against his head just above his left eye. His left eye stung as blood ran into it. Holding a hand over the cut, the bouncers finally breaking threw the crowed grabbing him and the other three guys and pulling them towards the fire exit telling them they were banned from the club.


~~~~***~~~~

So now here he was outside, in the alleyway beside the club facing off with three very pissed off guys. “look I didn’t know she was your girl,” William started but was cut off.

“Please, you think I’m jealous of you?” Angelus laughed, “This is just a warning for you not to get attached. She chose you because she knew someone as pathetic as you would be an insult to me.” his friends stood behind him smirking as if confirming his words, “the only action a guy like you could ever hope for from a chick like Dru would be pity access…”

He was a jerk and William knew he shouldn’t listen but still, his words hit a vulnerable spot in William. Not saying another word he just turned away and headed towards his car. He was almost to it when he heard his name being called, Buffy must have made her way out the front and was looking for him, but he didn’t stop he just got into his car and left. He didn’t need to see anyone right now.