Author's Chapter Notes:
A HUGE thanks to my Beta Burnkitty *kisses* love yah ;)
PLEASE please leave feedback :)This awesome banner was made by Edgehead a HUGE thanks to her *hugs*
Expecting.

Buffy was laying on the double bed in what had been her room for the past 5 months. She was staring up at the ceiling examining the cracks, trying to ignore the gurgling her stomach was making. She had been nursing an upset stomach for the past week now and Drusilla had been bugging her to go to see a doctor. Buffy was hesitant though. It had been 200 hundred years since she even had to worry about falling ill let alone going to see a doctor. She could feel Dru standing outside her door well before she opened it. Sitting up on her bed and resting on the headboard she watched as Dru took a seat on the bed beside her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked overly concerned. Buffy put on a brave face willing for her stomach to stop clenching for five minutes. She really just wanted Dru to stop worrying.

"I'm fine." She smiled. However, Dru didn't look convinced.

"So that wasn't you losing your breakfast about 20 minutes ago?" Buffy sighed at her comment.

"Bloody vampire hearing" Buffy cursed in her head.

"I've asked Cordelia to take you to the doctors." Dru informed her matter of factly.

"I'm fine really." Buffy tried to protest.

"She's already made the appointment; you leave in ten minutes so I would get ready." Dru told her heading out the door to give her some privacy. Buffy sighed; she knew there was no point arguing with her, she might as well go and get it out of the way.

Buffy and Cordelia had been sitting in the doctor’s office for about ten minutes now. Before he had left the doctor had scribbled her symptoms down on a pad with a pen before he asked for her to pee into a cup. That was an interesting experience she never wanted to do again. He also got the nurse to take some blood, saying they wanted to rule out a few things out. Buffy started to drum her fingers nervously on her leg, patiently waiting for the doctor to return with the results. Finally, after what seemed forever, the office door clicked open and the doctor stepped in. He had a small happy smile on his face but didn’t say anything. He took a seat in his chair before turning to look at Buffy.

"Well can I assume its good news then?" Buffy asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Congratulations are in order Miss Winters."

"Excuse me?" Buffy asked confused.

"You’re pregnant." He blurted out. Buffy felt her breath catch in her throat, her skin go hot and she felt like her world was spinning into a vortex. Pregnant!! No she couldn't be she had only had sex the one time with Spike and they had used.... Ah crap. They had NOT used a condom or any other kind of protection. How could she have been so careless? She scolded herself. Well in all fairness for 200 hundred years she hadn't need to worry about falling pregnant.

"No that can't... I mean... oh my god." She finally managed to splutter out. She could feel Cordi’s hand on her leg in comfort. She looked into her new friends eyes and she could feel her face heating up before suddenly her world turned dark, fainting into Cordi’s arms.

After Buffy had come to she had made the doctor do three more tests in front of her to check if she was really actually pregnant, denial ruling over the clear facts. However with three positive tests sitting in front of her as well as the results of the first one, she couldn’t deny it anymore. She was really pregnant. She dumbly thanked the doctor for his time and walked out to the sidewalk. She slumped into the nearest thing that was hard enough to lean on while she waited for Cordelia to bring the car. She hopped in silently and stared out the window the entire drive back to the hotel.

Now she sat in the hotel foyer on one of the lounges with Cordelia sitting next to her. She laid a supportive hand on her shoulder as Buffy explained to Wesley, Drusilla, Gunn and new comer Fred that she was pregnant with Spike's child.

"So let me get this right... two month ago when Spike came here you and Spike..." Wesley begun.

"Uh huh." Buffy nodded looking at the floor as Wesley continued.

"And now you’re..."

"Yep."

"And it’s..."

"Oh yeah." she replied

"Dear lord." The former Watcher removed his glasses and wiped his brow.

"I swear we live in some crazy soap opera." Gunn commented, shaking his head. Drusilla stood silently from her chair and drifted into her office, the door shutting behind her. Buffy had been worried about how she would react to the news and the last thing in the world she wanted to do was upset her. True there had been a time when she wouldn't of cared less what Drusilla had thought but now after spending so much time with her, truly getting to know her, hurting her was the last thing on her agenda.

Buffy excused herself from the rest of the group. Standing, she made her way over to the door that Dru had disappeared into. She could hear the rest of the group talking among themselves. Taking a deep breath, Buffy turned the door handle and stepped into the room. As she let her eyes adjust to the poor light, she noticed that her former mentor was sitting behind a desk, going through some papers. She didn’t raise her eyes as Buffy entered the room and she took it as a bad sign. Scanning the room Buffy found a chair that she could sit on. Easing into the softness of the cushions, she raised her head to start an apology to her friend.

"I'm sorry I never wanted to hurt you.... I know you must be angry..." She started. The vampire looked up at her, her eyes unreadable.

"I'm not angry with you Buffy. I knew what had happened between you and Spike when it happened. Vampire smelling, remember?” Dru lightly tapped the tip of her nose.

"Right." Buffy whispered looking down. She couldn't help but feel slightly ashamed and guilty though. She knew Dru may not be necessarily angry at her but she was hurt. Buffy had seen it written all over her face. Sensing Buffy’s inner conflict, Drusilla stood from her chair. She walked around the large desk and squatted in front of Buffy, taking her hands with hers as she did so.

"Buffy. Look at me." Buffy looked up, her tears shining in her eyes. Buffy realized she had never felt so afraid.

"I'm not angry really. Spike and I haven't been together for a very long time. He is bound to move on. I was just shocked is all."

"Join the club." Buffy whispered allowing a tear to fall. Dru reached up wiping the fallen tear away.

"Everything is going to be okay, I promise." Dru smiled up at her and Buffy truly believed it for that moment. However both women jumped to their feet at the sound of smashing glass coming from the foyer. Buffy’s eyes popped in alarm as Fred’s ear piecing scream tore though the hotel. Buffy could see that Dru had already ripped the door open and running out to the foyer. Giving herself a second to gather herself, she tore after her.

What she was greeted with was far from what she was expecting. Wesley and Gunn lay on the ground motionless. Gunn was covered in small shards of glass and the cabinet near him was almost bent in half. Wesley was closer to the entry doorway although he didn’t look any better off then Gunn. A large demon advanced on Fred, snarling at her as her hands feebly held a sword. Cordelia in an attempt to help Fred picked up the closest thing to her, a baseball bat. She stole up behind the demon and swiftly womped the bat across its middle back. Roaring, the demon spun quickly, catching Cordelia off guard and disarming her of her weapon. Fred dropped her sword and fled, towards the stairs at top speed just as the demon swatted Cordelia into the middle of the foyer floor like she was nothing. The demon glanced back to where Fred was standing but realized she was gone. Growling, the demon scanned the room.

"Stay back." Dru warned Buffy as she made her way over to the demon. The demon seemed to realize it was up against something far stronger then what it was fighting before. Buffy stood near the clerk desk and watched on in horror as Dru and the demon fought. Kicks here and punches there, it was a sight Buffy had grown use to while living at the hotel. But when the demon suddenly got the upper hand and sent Dru flying into a coffee table, Buffy realized while she was strong, she was in no condition to fight this demon. Buffy silently prayed for Dru to get up but it seemed as though the demon had knocked her out cold. The demon turned from the souled vampire and started to advance on her.

"ABOANTION!" The demon screamed pointing at her stomach. He stopped as he spoke, his finger pointing at her, jeeringly. How had he found out? How could anyone find out? Buffy was knocked from her thoughts as Dru seemed to appear out of no where behind the demon with a sword in hand. Swinging it over her head Buffy watched as it connected with one side the demons thick neck and then cut though to the other side. Sighing in relief, she watched the head fall to the ground bouncing slightly, green goo splashing on the floor. The body followed soon after hitting the floor with a solid thud. Buffy franticly looked around the room at her friends who were all seemingly unharmed. She heard the clanging of a sword hitting the ground before Dru was at her side.

"Are you alright?" She asked her voice laced with concern as she placed a hand on Buffy's shoulder.

"When he said Abomination he wasn't talking about me. He pointed at my stomach." Buffy explained looking up at her, letting her hand run over the place the demon had referred to.

"The baby."

"How the hell could he know I only found out an hour ago?" Buffy asked confused.

"You know how the demon world works Buffy information doesn't just spread it echoes."

"If he knows..." Buffy started.

"Every demon in LA does." Dru finished looking at her.

"What am I gong to do? I can't stay here; everyone knows I’m here, look how easy that guy found me."

"We can protect you." Gunn said moving forward. He was still dusting small shards of glass off his pants.

"No Buffy's right she's to easy to find here and if they really wanted to, they could take us by force."

"So where’s she going to go?" Cordi asked as she rubbed her stomach attentively. Dru gave Buffy a pointed look and Buffy knew exactly what she was thinking.

"I was really hoping to avoid that conversation." Buffy sighed.

"I know but you'll be safe there." Buffy nodded she knew Drusilla was right. It was the only place that she most likely wouldn't be attacked. The last place many would look for her. Sure some demons where gutsy or just down right stupid but most wouldn't take on the slayer if they didn't have to. Taking a deep breath she headed upstairs. She needed to start packing.


Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE, please leave feedback, I love to know what you guys think ;)