Author's Chapter Notes:
Please leave feedback. The Awesome banner was made by Edgehead a HUGE thanks to her *hugs* Also huge thanks tomy Beta Pixiecorn.
One week later

It had been a week since her run in with Glory and she was almost completely healed. There were only a few bruises left, all of them now being a light shade. Looking around the room, Buffy sighed at there blatant stares. Everyone sat in the Magic Box


“Buffy you said you had information?” Giles asked, watching the vampire take a seat.


“Glory it seems, was banished from her world and forced to live in ours.” At Xanders ‘Duh!’ look, she continued. “Inside a human body.”


“Who’s the human host?” Spike asked, watching Buffy intently.


“Ben.” Buffy was met with blank stares. “Remember that party a few months back,” she sighed, waiting for them to catch on. “The doctor guy that tried to hit on me?”


“That Ben!” Spike asked, surprised.


“Yep,” she said, popping the ‘P’ “My guess you kill the boy and…”


“The god dies too,” Giles finished, looking amazed.


“That’s excelled work Buffy!” Buffy looked thrown by this, none of the scoobies having ever thanked her for anything.


“Uh… thanks.”


“How did you find out?” Willow asked.


“Well, while she was at me about who the key was, she started acting strange.” Buffy shifted in her seat, uneasy having all eyes on her. “Lt was like she was going nuts and then she just turned into him...Into Ben.” She paused. “Hher minions where quick to get her out of my sight but she returned about an hour later asking if I remember anyone else being in the room. I told her no and she seemed happy. My guess is Glory has worked some pretty heavy mojo, so if anyone sees her little presto change-o, instantly forgets,” Buffy looked up, watching as the grouped nodded. “And yours truly being something other then human stands immune.” She said proudly.


“So chances are we’ve seen this change before? But just can’t remember it?” Giles asked.

“More then likely. Its all very crafty,” she replied, pulling her cigarette packet and Zippo lighter from her duster pocket. With a deep breathe she lit her smoke.


“Oh great! Second hand stink,” Willow comented, srewing up her face.


“Oh give me a break. I’ve had a bad enough week as it is,” Buffy snapped.

“Sorry,” she replied meekly. Buffy’s head snapped up. Willow truly did look sorry and it made Buffy uneasy. She contemplated making a run for the door, but decided against it.


“Well this is great!” Xander exclaimed, everyone looking at him quizzically. “I mean we can kill a normal guy,” everyone looked down. “I mean, I-I know he’s an innocent but, he’s not like Dawn innocent,” still no one looked up. “Oh man!” He sighed knowing no one in the group could and ever would take a human life.


“I get that if we don’t... Glory might get her hands on Dawn,” Spike spoke for the first time in minutes. “But I just can't do it… I can't take a human life.” Spike briefly looked over at Buffy, who was staring intently back at him. Ever since she had almost died at the hands of Glory, he had a newfound respect for her. For a so called soulless demon, she had gone way far and beyond her capabilities for him. He knew it was wrong, but over the last week, he couldn’t help but start to feel something towards the blond vampire. He would never admit it anyone, but he liked her.


Spike smiled briefly to himself, remembering when they’d first met. He had been so attracted to her and who could blame him, she was beautiful. He watched her now, as the inner turmoil she was fighting spread across her face. He’d asked the gang to go easy on her after what had happened with Glory, saying she had risked her life not only to protect Dawn, but all of them too.


“I get that none of you can take a life,” Buffy stood. “I‘ve spent over a hundred years doing it. Leaving a bloody path behind me and I did it with a song in my heart,” She looked around the room, meeting their gaze. “But all it took was for me to spend time with Dawn, working with you,” she glanced at Spike. “And even without the chip I could never go back to that…” She met Giles gaze. “The way I see it, we have a choice. Its Ben or Dawn,” Buffy took a unneeded breath. “Dawn never gave up on me, she was nice to me when I gave her no reason to be.” Buffy smiled to herself. “She once said to me that she feels safe with me.” Buffy paused, hearing Xander scoff. “I get that Ben might be an innocent in all of this, I don’t know if he’s working with Glory or even if he knows what she has planed for Dawn.” Buffy met Spike’s gaze and held it. “Honestly I don’t care… I’m a vampire and if it comes down to choosing between Ben and Dawn…” she shrugged. “He hasn’t given me reason to take his side… you lot can’t do it,” Buffy gestured to the group of innocents in front of her. “I get that… So I’ll do it for you.”

Turning, she headed off in the direction of the door. Her intent was clear. She was going to find Ben and kill him. No hell god was going to get in her way or come anywhere near Dawn.

. ……………………………….......................................................