The front door slammed shut down stairs, rattling the windows of the house and breaking the tender moment as reality crashed back into them. Both blondes looked away and remained silent as they heard hard footsteps on the stairs. Spike stood up once more and made his way around the bed and towards the door, which had slipped partly closed during their conversation.

Buffy looked up to watch as he reached for the handle on the door and pulled it back open, silently wishing that they had not be interrupted by the sounds approaching steadily toward the second floor and to her new room. She absentmindedly picked up the last pair of her designer panties and turned to place them along side the rest of the them, in the top drawer, when the prom queen herself stepped into the room, wanting to claim back her throne.

“Spike? What’re you doing up h-” The tall brunette stopped abruptly when her gaze fell onto the small blonde with her back towards her. “What’s 'she' doing here?” She asked snottily.

Buffy’s blonde head whipped around and she had her first glimpse of Cordelia Chase in three years. “Cordy.” She acknowledged, doing her best to cover up the deep dislike for the cheerleader.

Spike watched, in silence, as his fiancé and his old flame were locked into, what looked like, an incredibly intense staring contest. The two woman appeared to sizing each other up, determining if either was threatening enough to take down. Both stood as rigid and unyielding as the other, and neither looked as though they were willing to give any ground to the other.

Cordy swung her hips to the side and placed her hands on them sharply, in an attempt to look more menacing.

Buffy followed suit with her own hip swing and then crossed her arms across her chest, never taking her eyes off the dark-haired woman opposite her.

Spike cleared his throat in an effort to break the uncomfortable silence.

“Buffy.” Cordy, then smiled cheerfully in fake enthusiasm, dropping her stiff stance and walking over to Spike to take her spot beside her fiancé, looping her arm through his and marking her territory.

Buffy felt her stomach recoil in her abdomen at the sight before her, and had to force back a very unladylike snort. She stayed silent though, as Cordy continued to speak.

“How are you?” Cordy asked, gripping Spike’s arm tighter, as if subconsciously keeping him from fleeing into the arms of the other woman. “And why are you ‘here’?”

“She’s staying here, pet.” Spike chimed in, figuring now was a good time to try to relieve some of the tension. His gaze never left Buffy’s, something that did not go unnoticed by the woman at his side.

“She’s what?!” Cordelia cried out in indignation. Her chocolate colored eyes went wide and she looked up at Spike like he had lost his mind. “Here? Like ‘here’ here?”

Spike finally tore his eyes from Buffy’s and looked down to the enraged woman, clinging to his voraciously.

“That would be the here.” Buffy suddenly interjected. She had a pleasant smile on her face, and was thoroughly amused at Cordy’s distress.

Spike held back an pleased chuckled at her antics. Cordy unlaced her arm from his and took a step sideways, careful to hold her ground, and not let Buffy gain on her. She waited a beat before responding with a straightforward, answer. “No.”

“No?” Spike asked her, curiously.

“No. She isn’t staying in this house.” Cordelia confirmed both their reservations. She adverted her look from Spike to Buffy and gave he a distasteful once over.

But Buffy held her standpoint. “Ya know, that would be entirely more agreeable if this was in any way ’your’ house!”

Cordy took a few steps toward the irritated blonde, crossing her arms over her chest, and narrowing her eyes. “Listen here, Blondie. I’m not about to let any ex’s stay in my fiancé’s house two weeks before our wedding!”

Her voice held a threatening quality to it that didn’t really impress Buffy. She too took a few steps closer to Cordy. “I really don’t think you have a choice, Princess!” She shot back, equally as threatening.

Spike kept quiet through it all, not wanting to have either girl’s wrath shot in his direction. He just stood there, hands down at his sides, watching, unsure of what to do, as the two went at it.

“Oh, I think I do! You’re gonna get out, or I’m gonna make get out!” She took another step.

“I’d like to see you try!” Another step.

They were almost nose to nose now, and Spike figured now would be a good time to intervene before this got out of control. “Okaay, and on that note…” Spike trailed off, taking a giant step in the direction of the two, smiling widely, and clapping his hands together. Suddenly his attitude became very serious. “You two need to back down. This is gettin’ to be a bit ridiculous.”

He paused, watching to gage their reactions. Buffy just looked at him expectantly, knowing from experience that he wasn’t nearly done. Cordelia used to right hand to flip back her dark locks in a move that rivaled all shampoo commercials and gave him an annoyed look, clearly not too happy with him interrupting their argument.

Taking a deep breath, Spike continued, wanting to sort everything out and get on with the day. “Cordy, Buffy’s gonna stay here ‘til the wedding, because the isn’t anymore room for her at Hank’s. Buffy, you can finish unpacking, while I go take a shower…and please try to ignore Cordy’s Bitchiness.”

At that, Buffy laughed, and Cordelia fumed even more.

“Bitchiness?!” She repeated, now livid with him. “You’re the one who moved in your ex-girlfriend right before our wedding, and I’m the bitch?! You won’t even let me move in until for another two weeks!”

“You’re the one who hates the bleedin’ house, Cordelia!” He yelled, not believing her nerve.

“Well, why can’t she stay at her own house?” She whined, sounded very much like Harmony when he father wouldn’t give her the credit card.

“Because there s’not enough room,” Spike said calmly and slowly, as though he were explaining the situation to a child…which was basically the circumstance anyway. “Hank’s got all your aunt’s crap packed in there from one bloody side of the room to the other right now.” He said while pointing to Buffy.

Buffy said nothing, and continued to unpack. She was enjoying this way too much, but who cared? ‘I have the right to enjoy it. That skank stole my boyfriend!’ She thought.

“Whatever!” Cordelia huffed, giving up on the issue. She’d see to it that that blonde bitch got what she deserved. Having her here was just something she would have to live with until she and Spike got married. Then she’d never have to feel threaten by Buffy again. She was sure that Spike would never break his wedding vows, even for blondie over there.

“I gotta run anyway. Harm and I are gonna meet up with Anya after I stop at daddy’s to talk honeymoon plans. We still need to pick up some stuff for the bachelorette party on Saturday.” She told him, grabbing her purse off the night stand, where she had laid it upon entering the room, and searched inside it for her car keys.

“I thought you wanted to go bronzing tonight with the gang?” Spike questioned, perturbed by her ‘rich girl’ attitude. He ran a hand through his slicked back locks, loosening the bleached curls.

Buffy smiled at his actions. He always did that when he was upset. She shook her head, nostalgically, and went back to folding her socks.

“You are the one always complainin’ you’re not apart of the group, pet.” Spike pointed out to his fiancé.

Cordy snickered amusedly, “Apart of the group? You mean those sad little rejects coming together to sit and talk about how dull their love lives are? No thank you, I think I’ll pass. That’s not a group. Psychotherapy for the dating-impaired is more like it.”

“As opposed to a bunch of air headed cheerleaders sitting around telling each other how much better their shoes are than everybody else?” Buffy interposed, smiling one of her best ‘I-hate-you-bitch’ smiles, one that she had picked up over the years from Cordelia and Harmony. “Oh, and kudos on using the word psychotherapy in a sentence. Didn’t know you knew such big words, Cor.”

If looks could kill, Buffy would have been dead as soon as Cordelia’s eyes landed on her and sent their icy glare her way.

Luckily for her, Buffy had ‘brainless cheerleader’ insurance.

~*~*~*~

A/N: I know, not as long as the last update, but at least I’m moving faster, right? I’m trying so hard not to keep you guys waiting too long. I hope to have the next chappy up by tomorrow night. No, wait, I PROMISE to have the next chappy up by tomorrow night. Thanks to all who reviewed. And to CraZy4SpikE09, about the “pet” and “luv” thing when Spike was seven, I always imagined, him hearing Giles use it a lot with his own mother before she died, and again with Jenny, so I thought he might imitate him to sound more like him. That make sense? Anyway, keep reviewing and I’ll keep writing.

Love to all,
Saltygoodness

~*~*~*~