Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long wait, but if you've read my LJ, then you know about my personal tragedy, and why I haven't had the time to update sooner. I tried to make this chappy extra long for your enjoyment. And also, we see the first sign of spuffyness...
4 yrs. ago, Sunnydale:

Striding easily into the club, Spike smiled at some people he knew from school and some from his new job at the local store that his dad recently bought, The Magick Box. He even waved here and there to a few people who he had met at his mother’s funeral so many years ago. His long leather duster swung in the movement of his body as he came to a sudden stop to survey he crowd for Buffy. Craning his neck as high as he could get it, Spike ranked his piercing blue eyes around the club, briefly scanning every dancing head in the building. His eyes sparkled in the overhead strobe lights that seemed to go along with the loud, pulsating beat of the music blasting from at least ten different speakers set up strategically around the entire building. His bleached hair made him stand out, and he hoped that Buffy would see him and make her way over to say hi.

Upon not finding the petite blonde, he continued walking through the Bronze, now in search of an empty table. Realizing that some dancers of the female variety were blatantly checking him out, Spike smiled a sexy grin at them, and enjoyed their reaction to him.

“She’s not here.” Spike turned around in the sound of the soft voice and smiled when he saw Willow giving him a knowing smirk.

“And who would that be, pet?” He asked, already knowing that he had no chance of playing off his disappointment at finding out that Buffy wasn’t there. The tiny redhead in front of him seemed to know exactly what he was thinking about all the think when it came to her best friend.

“Don’t play coy with me, mister. I know you were just looking for Buffy.” She poked him in the shoulder, accusingly, giving him one of her famous mock scowls.

“Do you now, red? And why is this?” He asked, coyly, just to see if he could get a rise out of her.

“Who else are you currently totally enamored with, Spike?” She questioned perceptively. She crossed her arms over to chest, waiting for his reply. ‘Which had better be a good one.’ She thought.

“Why, you, of course, pet. You just know how I can’t resist your feminine wiles.” He grinned, teasingly.

She laughed goodheartedly.

“Aww, you’re sweet.” She reached up on her tip-toes and threw her long arms around his neck to pull him into a hug. He instinctively wrapped his leather-clad arms around her tiny waist and returned her affectionate display. She chuckled softly form where her mouths rested on his shoulder, near his ear. “A terrible liar, but definitely sweet.”

He laughed softly at her comment and released her as she sat herself back firmly back on the soles of her feet again. She continued to look up at him, careful to have eye contact. ‘Good ol’ Red, following all the communication rules to the T’ He thought, fondly.

“So, if she isn’t here, where is Buffy?” He asked, curiously.

“Oh, apparently, Mrs. Summers and Hank are going at it again, and she wanted to stay there to look after Dawnie, and make sure it didn’t get rough or anything.” Willow informed him, a sympathetic look marring her features. They all felt really bad for Buffy and Dawnie right now. With their mom and dad fighting almost every night, things were always hectic and intense, and they never had a moment to themselves anymore to just be kids. Especially Buffy, who always felt it was her responsibility to look after Dawn, or settle disagreements between her parents.

To make a long story shorter, Buffy had inadvertently made herself very scarce around the gang and they all were very worried and missed her a lot.

“Again? Bloody hell, those you have it out almost every night these days! You’d think after fighting so bloody much, they’d tire themselves out.” Spike cried, thoroughly pissed off at whatever was keeping his best friend from spending time with him. He and Buffy hadn’t really gotten a chance to really hang out since right after the Faith incident.

Buffy had come over to see him, demanding to know why he hadn’t been in school for almost a week and why he didn’t feel she needed to know about Faith. When he had explained to her that he wasn’t trying to hide it from her, but that he was just extremely embarrassed with the whole situation, she calmed down and they were able to sit together, up in his room, listening to his Sex Pistols CD and talking about nothing in particular. It was just like the old days before Faith had shown up on the scene and buggered everything to hell.

A few weeks after that, Angel had announced that he was moving to Los Angeles to stay with his biological father, a big-shot music producer named Lorne. The older boy had attempted numerous times to apologize for the harm he had caused his brother, and to try to work things out enough so they could be civil with each other. Spike, however, was not so willing to forgive and forget just yet, and hadn’t bothered to even try. Giles had let his step-son know that Spike would eventually come around and the only thing to do now would be to wait until he was ready to make amends.

After that, Buffy had practically brought everything she owned and put it in Angel’s old room, where she camped out on most nights.

And that’s how good everything had gotten, until Hank had to go and shag his bleedin’ secretary, and ruin not only his life, but his daughters’ as well.

“Yeah, you know how they’ve been. Hank wants to pretend nothing ever happened, and Joyce is teetering on the edge of serving him with divorce papers.” Willow shrugged, by now accustomed to these situations, having basically grown up in Xander’s parents’ house, where fighting was a daily occurrence, and getting completely wasted was the norm.

“So where’s the gang then?” Spike wondered, holding his bottom lips between his teeth and biting down slightly, obviously an act of great concentration or puzzlement.

“Oh, they’re around. Tara went to the ladies’ room, and Xander and Anya were playing pool near the bar.” She told him, waving her arms about in all the different directions she had mentioned.

“Right,” He said, nodding his head in the direction of the pool tables, “How ‘bout we see how bad Anya beatin’ the whelp at pool then?”

“Sure.”

They walked side by side, Willow slightly in front, toward the pool tables, when suddenly Cordelia stepped in front of Spike. “So Spike, where’s Buffy? Having another dire family crisis, are we?”

Spike sighed when he saw who was blocking his path. Watching as Willow stopped to give him a questioning look, Spike shooed her off with a headshake and a reassuring smile, which she returned, before continuing on her way toward the rest of the gang, careful to keep an eye out for any one of Cordelia’s tricks to her friend.

“Shove off, Cordelia. I don’t really fancy having to waste my night by arguing with you.” He told her, barely sparing her a glance.

“Hey, now who said I was here to argue. Maybe I’m just here to converse with you, as it is my duty as your future prom queen.” She smiled a sugary fake smile. “You know how it is. Campaigning, I mean. Not that you wouldn’t make a good queen, but...” She snorted, pleased with her antics.

“Please, Cordelia. I wouldn’t vote for you if you were handing out free shots of tequila.” Spike replied, trying to push his way past her and make his way to where Willow had already gone.

But she wasn’t put off in the least and blocked his way once more. “Come on, Spike, level with me here. Say, is our brave little hero off beating up more of your girlfriends? Oh, wait, that can’t be right, can it? You don’t have any other ones, do you? The only girl brave enough to touch you with a ten foot pole was that psycho slut Faith.” She sneered, an evil glint in her dark eyes.

“God, don’t you have anything better to do than annoy me? Shouldn’t you be off hanging with your mates, swinging those bloody pom-poms around, braiding each others’ hair and all?” He said, expressionless.

He moved to get around her.

She stepped into his way again.

“You wanna dance?” She blurted out suddenly.

Spike stopped dead in his tracks. “What?! Are you bloody insane?!”


She gave him a wounded look and replied, “I can say, fairly certain, that I’m not.”

“You just insulted me, and my friend, and now you want me to dance with you?” He asked her, incredulously.

“Yeah.” She said slowly, drawing it out like a true California blonde. “So, whatdaya say? Wanna dance?”

Spike pretended to be considering it, when he all of a sudden said, “Yeah, I actually do, pet.” He looked over her shoulder, “With that tall, redheaded girl near the pool tables. Think I gotta shot?”

He chuckled at the horrified look on her face. Apparently, Queen C had never been shot down before, besides when Xander kissed Willow. She was quiet for a long while and Spike was beginning to think that she didn’t have a comeback, but then she unexpectedly spoke.

“Oh, I get it,” She said, eyes narrowing in suspicion, as she pointed an accusing finger at him. “You’ll follow blondie around making stupid little moon eyes, waiting, praying that she’ll give you a crumb, but you won’t dance with me?”

“That ‘bout sums it up, pet. Now if you’ll excuse me..” He said, trailing off, as he began to maneuver he way around her.

“You know, one of these days, you’re gonna wake up and recognize that you’re spending way too much time waiting on a girl that will never realize you even exist. You’re just one pathetic loser.” She laughed harshly.

Spike was silent, and just gave her a hateful look, before walking off to join his friends.

Cordy chuckled. “Score one for the prom queen!”

And then she turned around and walked away in the opposite direction.

~*~*~*~
Two weeks later:

“Wills, I don’t really think this is a good idea. What if-”

“No, more what if’s, Buffy. You’re here for some me time…well, not so much ‘me’ time, as in ‘you’ time, but you get the idea. The point is you’ve been closing yourself of from everybody these last few weeks, and you deserve to have some R and R after everything you’ve been trough.” Willow told her, while practically having to drag her into the Bronze.

“It’s just that dad’s on another one of his business trips and mom’s home alone. Not to mention, the whole leaving-Dawn-with-Giles thing is a totally bad idea.” Buffy gushed, trying to weasel her way out of being there. She felt that she was needed at home a lot more now and helping to take care of Dawnie. Bronzing with the gang on a Saturday night certainly wouldn’t help with any of the major issues at home.

“Giles, can handle it, Buff. Trust me. And your mom said that she thought you deserved a night out with the gang.” Willow explained, spotting an empty table and quickening her pace in order to snatch it before someone else did. The Bronze was always so busy on Saturday.

“But what if she’s just saying that because she feels guilty? What i-” Buffy’s long list of excuses was cut short by her redheaded best friend.

“What did I say about the ‘what if’s’, huh? Look at this face.” She pointed to her famously determined expression she was currently sporting. “This is my resolve face.
Nobody can argue when I have my resolve face on.”

Buffy smiled for the first time in three weeks. “Okay, I give up. I crumble before the resolve face every time and you know it.” She chuckled.

“Damn straight.” Willow smiled, as they both took their seats at the table. Both girls laughed joyfully at that.

“Buffster!” Xander exclaimed, running up to the table with Anya, Tara and Spike trailing not too far behind him. He grabbed her into a big bear hug which she hesitantly returned. “Glad to see you’ve finally made it out of the confines of your house. We all thought you were on house arrest.”

She laughed softly. “Good to see you too, Xan.”

“So I’m guessing you’re here to look for a nicely, well-built beefcake to give you many orgasms? Surly, being coped up in that house for so long, without any stud-ly types, has left you with a strong urge to go out and fornicate, right?” Anya asked brightly. She smiled fondly at the other blonde before sitting down in one of the open chairs next to Xander. She had a drink in her hand, and sipped at it casually, not noticing the way the others all looked at her as if she‘s just grown two heads.

“Wow!” Buffy breathed. “You caught me.” She laughed, jokingly.

Turning back to look at the other two people yet to speak, Buffy smiled warmly, and stood to give hugs. “Hey Tara.”

“Hi Buffy.” The dark blonde girl said shyly, returning the hug tentatively. “It’s n-nice to s-see you again.” She stuttered sweetly.

“You too.” Buffy let her go, and she took her place in the chair beside Willow. Buffy then turned to Spike, who was standing beside her expectantly. Her full pink lips cracked into the brightest smile she had experienced in weeks. She flung herself into his arms, and wound her arms around his neck. “I’ve missed you so much.”

Spike closed his muscular arms around her small frame and squeezed gently, closing the embrace. He buried his nose into her honey blonde hair and inhaled her intoxicating scent. Vanilla and Jasmin. He could never get enough of it. “I’ve missed you too, pet. ‘S bloody good to see you.”

“Mmm,” She responded, holding on to him for dear life. God how she missed him. The way he smelled. It was so exhilarating. Like mint and tobacco, although he swore he would quit that nasty habit he had picked up from Faith.

When they pulled apart, they both blushed and sat down in the other two empty chairs. The gang, who had witnessed every smile, blush, and whispered word, were all smiles and smirks.

“What?” Buffy asked, not sure what they were so entertained with.

“Nothin’” Willow shrugged it off and they all went back to their normal playful banter and witty remarks.

It was good to have the gang all together again.

~*~*~*~

Present, Sunnydale:


After Spike had gotten rid of Cordelia, Buffy had finished unpacking while he took a shower, just like he’d suggested. Once everything that she had managed to stuff into her suitcases was emptied out and placed in it’s proper place, Buffy went down stairs to explore the house. It hadn’t changed much in three years time. Little things, like knick knacks and pictures had been replaced or relocated, and Spike’s vast collection of DVD movies had expanded immensely in the time she’d spent in New York.

All and all, it was the same house where she had split her time growing up in, and this comforted her. It was home, and familiar, and that was just the way she liked it. It saddened her to know that after the wedding, when Cordelia moved in, she would most likely redecorate everything. She’d probably throw out every single thing in the house that reminded Buffy of the ten years she’s spent here with Spike and Giles…hell, even Angel.

Glancing around the room one last time, making sure she commit everything memory, Buffy sighed. If memories were the only thing she would be allowed to keep after the wedding, then she’d best start now, and learn to live with them only. She could do it.

She thought she could at least.

Buffy’s hazel eyes then landed on the little wooden side table positioned by the wall adjacent to the front door. Spike and Giles had always used that table to toss that keys onto when the arrived home after along day of school, work, or both. But the thing that made her stop and take a second look was the dark wooden picture frame, that had been knocked over by something or someone, and was now face down on the surface of the table.

She made her way over to it, curious expression never leaving her face. Picking the frame up by the back velvety standing piece, Buffy brought it up eye level and stared.

It was a picture. Of Spike and Cordelia.

Of HER Spike and Cordelia.

It had apparently been taken at some fancy restaurant, the night he had proposed. Buffy could make out the rather larger looking engagement ring on the dark haired girl’s left ring finger. Cordelia looked like she had just won the lottery, she was smiling so big and bright. Every white tooth in her mouth showed perfectly clear and her long dark hair flew down around her face, past her shoulders. The expensive red strapless dress that covered her body left little to the imagination and her nicely shaped legs were crossed as she sat up right in a chair.

Spike, who was behind Cordy in the photo, was hardly noticeable, and he looked rather tense and bemused at the whole situation, which made Buffy wonder what had he been thinking the night the photo was taken.

And it also made her wonder what it would have been like to have been in Cordelia’s shoes that magical night.

Suddenly, the angry green monster was quickly clawing his way to the surface and Buffy had the sudden urge chuck the picture across the room.

~*~*~*~

Climbing the stairs, defeated, Buffy made for her room. Coming closer to the bathroom, she listened closely, and was able to establish that the water wasn’t running anymore, and Spike was done. She sighed heavily, she once again started to rethink her choice to come back here, when all she got from this place now, was pain.

And she’d known it. She’d known it before she had made the hasty mistake of coming back here. She’d known it as soon as she had read the invitation. What on earth had possessed her to do something this insane? Had she really thought she could make it through the wedding while still being in love with the groom? It sounded like insane troll logic.

‘God, I’m the insane troll of insanedonia.’ She thought miserably, rounding a corner and running smack dab into a very wet Spike. Letting out a loud shriek when she felt the dampness seeping into her clothing to gather on her skin, she quickly stepped backward and almost lost her footing. Spike reached out a hand to steady her and she finally looked up at him.

“T-t-thanks.” She couldn’t help but stutter when she realized the state he was in. The soft, white, cotton towel was wrapped tightly around him, but still hung low enough on his narrow hips for her hazel eyes to watch the tiny water droplets cascade down the sculpted muscles of his chest and over the taut ridges of his abdomen to disappear beneath edge of the towel. She unconsciously licked her lips as she remembered a time long ago when she had traced that very same trail that the droplets had taken with her fingers and mouth.

“You okay there, luv.” Spike asked, noticing her flushed cheeks, and glazed over eyes. He slowly withdrew his arm from her when he realized that she wasn’t swaying anymore.

Buffy had to clear her suddenly dry throat.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine.” She smiled to reassure him.

“Good. You looked like you were gonna be sick there for a minute.” Spike smiled, relieved.

“No, I’m okay. You just scared me, is all.” She said, hands nervously fidgeting with a lose thread on the hem on her shirt.

“So, pet, you think you’d be up to going out tonight, or are you too jet lagged?” He asked, casually as possible, hoping that she wouldn’t catch on to the silent plead in his voice.

“No, I think I’ll be able to handle a night out.” She laughed softly. She wanted to look down at her feet then, but found it very difficult to tear her eyes from his.

“Good, ‘cause the gang’s been going bloody bonkers waitin’ for you to get ‘ere.” Spike chuckled, while running a hand threw his slicked hair. He literally couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

“Well then it’s about time I make an appearance, dontcha think?” She smiled, pleased to know that everyone hadn’t forgotten about her in the space of three years.

“I do.” Spike replied, and both of their smiled faded when they realized that one of them would be saying that very same thing to someone else in a few days time. A long silence fell upon them and each of their hearts felt as though it were breaking.

Finally, Buffy broke the quiet. “I better go get ready.”

“Yeah, I gotta go throw some clothes on, too.” He nodded, briefly looking down at his attire.

She pursed her lips and nodded too. “Yeah.”

He coughed gently, arms at his side, motionless. “Yeah.”

She smiled again before brushing past him quickly.

~*~*~*~

The drive to the Bronze later that night was made in silence, as Buffy unconsciously played with the hem of her mini-skirt. She was suddenly rethinking her choice to go with the short black skirt that Dawn had gotten her for her last birthday instead of the denim jeans with the cute flower designs on them. The large amount of leg that she was showing off was beginning to make her feel naked, especially with Spike. Which was very weird considering that he had already seen her naked before anyway…

Spike spared another glance her way for the umpteenth time that night, and again felt his breath hitch in his throat and his heart skip a beat. All he could think about was how beautiful she looked sitting next to him in the passenger seat in the guise of an angel. Her long golden strands of hair cascaded over her petite shoulders in flowing waves and curls. The makeup she wore made her face glow, and the bright green eye shadow brought out her sparkling green orbs. Her red Chinese-style top was tight and clung to her pert breasts in a way that made Spike’s eyes darken to a shade of midnight blue, and her short black skirt gave him a tantalizing view of her bronzed skin. The outfit was slimming against her small frame and emphasized each and every curve on her tanned body. A pair of bright red flips flops adorned her small feet and finished off the delicious ensemble.

‘Christ, she’s beautiful!’ Spike thought, pulling the black Desoto into the parking lot and searched for a pot close to the entrance. ‘I was a very lucky man back then.’

As they got out of the car and made their way to the noisy building, Buffy hung back a few steps behind Spike and avoided eye contact with him when he looked toward her every so often. ‘God, why am I so nervous?’ She wondered.

The Bronze was crowded as the two blondes entered the door. Standing on her tip toes Buffy searched her long lost friends out. She saw them at their regular table near the dance floor, Willow waving her hand in the air trying to get their attention. Buffy tugged on Spike’s duster to get his attention then signal toward the anxious red-head at the table. He nodded at her and then they pushed their way past the horde of energetic people and made their way over to their watching friends.

When they reached the table, they all started at once.

“Buffy!”

“H-hey B-Buffy.”

“Wow, Buffster, looking’ good.”

“Yes Buffy, you look like you’ve received many orgasms since we’ve last seen you.”

She was a bit thrown by that last comment. “Wow, Anya, I just realized what I’ve been missin’ in New York.” She chuckled good-naturedly.

“Oh, orgasms?” The bubbly blonde asked excitedly, scooting forward and sipping from her mixed drink.

A pause.

Then a slow nod from Buffy. “And you’re sarcastic wit…” She said slowly, again unsure of how to answer the girl across from her.

“Oh, I wasn’t be sarcastic.” She said, slightly shaking her head. “I really wanted to know if you missed the West Coast orgasms since you’ve moved to the East Coast.”

“Is there a difference?” Buffy asked hesitantly, looking around at the surprised faces of her other faces, silently begging them to help her. Tara was the only one who seemed to notice the scared look on her face and gave an apologetic smile.

“Well, of course there is. Spike isn’t on the East Coast.” She explained with an encouraging smile, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The gang watched as Buffy’s eyes grew wider than ever and Spike looked away and coughed loudly.

“Ahn, enough with all the questions. Buffy just got here and you’ll scare her away.” Xander said, laughing lightly in an attempt to end the smothering awkwardness, and shut his girlfriend up. He put a loving arm around her slim shoulders and pulled her close, kissing her nose affectionately when she looked at him, pleased with his actions.

“So!” Willow spoke up, leaping out of her chair to give her best friend a tight hug, which Buffy returned.

“How goes it?” She asked when they pulled back.

“Well, it still goes.” Buffy joked, giving the red-head a friendly smile. She noticed that Willow’s fiery hair was now shorter and framed her round face appreciatively, and was once again reminded how much can change in three year’s time.

Willow laughed, and sat back down.

“Good to know.”

“Buffster, pull up a seat.” Xander told her with a smile. He waved his arm about enthusiastically at the few empty seats left around the table. “You too, Spike.”

Buffy spared a glance to Spike to see him standing behind her enviously, switching from one foot to the other. She gave him an expectant look.

“You go ahead, luv. I think I’m gonna go get a drink. Anyone want?” He asked, after pulling out a chair for the petite blonde and letting her sit down.

“No thanks.” Both Willow and Tara replied at the same time, then smiled at each other lovingly, and grasping hands underneath the round table.

“Still have some left.” Anya said, raising her drink for him to inspect.

“I’ll have whatever you’re having, man.” Xander answered in a way that suggested the two had become very close friends since the last time Buffy had seen them.

“How ‘bout you, ducks. You want anything?” Spike inquired, looking down at the tiny girl sitting in the chair that his hands hadn’t bothered to let go of yet. Upon realizing this, Spike drew back his hands and stood up straight, maintaining eye contact with her.

“Oh, um, a coke’s fine.” Was her response, and Spike nodded before turning and walking off in the direction of the bar.

Conversation started up quickly between the old friends, and Buffy was glad that there was very little awkwardness since Anya’s blunt comments. The four of them slipped back into a comfortable discussion about life in Sunnydale for the past three years, and the fast paced days in the big apple. Buffy shared stories of college life in New York while Willow, Tara, Anya, and Xander reminisced about days spent just having fun and remembering the good ol’ days in high school. Things seemed to finally start to make sense since Buffy arrival back in Sunnydale, and she smiled at the thought.

‘Things aren’t that weird between us, after all. I don’t know why I thought it’d be so hard. Everything is just like old times.’

“So Buffy, whatcha think about this whole ‘Spike marrying Cordelia’ thing? Pretty surprising, huh? ”

Including Anya’s bluntness.

And just like that, Buffy’s current happy-go-lucky attitude vanished into thin air.

The table rocked with the force of which Willow sent her clog-covered foot into Anya’ shin. “Ow!”

An awkward silence once again befall upon the group and Buffy forced herself to swallow back the lump in her throat. She truly couldn’t blame Anya for bringing the topic up. It was, in fact, the reason of which she had returned to Sunnydale in the first place, and she really couldn’t expect everyone to not mention the event while in her presence just to spare her feelings. Of course they would mention it, just as everyone else would be doing for the entirety of the next two weeks.

Realizing that the four of them were staring at he with concerned expressions on all their faces, Buffy quickly cleared her suddenly dry throat and opened her mouth to speak.

“You know, I think I’m gonna go see if Spike needs any help with those drinks.” She smiled uneasily, before standing and heading in the direction that Spike had gone.

“Was it something I said?” Anya asked, confused.

Willow shot daggers at her.

~*~*~*~

Buffy found Spike at the crowded bar, waiting for their order. She realized as she was nearing him, that he didn’t see her approaching, and decided to take advantage of the fact.

The plump, seedy looking bartender handed Spike his extra shot of tequila, with barely a glance at the bleached blonde’s fake id. Spike thanked him with a nod of his head, and looked down at the drink before him as though I held all the answers to his problems. Which was probably pointless, considering the truck load of problems he was currently dealing with. He let out a deep breath he realized he had been holding since Buffy arrived earlier today and just as he was lifting the small, clear glass to his lips, he suddenly found it snatched out of his hand.

Turning around to give the offending person a piece of his mind, he was shocked to find he was just in time to watch Buffy tilt her head back and let the cool liquid slide from the shot glass, down her throat in one gulp. “Eck! Egh! God, I needed that.” She breathed out, before letting out several more sounds of disgust as she slammed the glass back down on the counter.

Spike’s shocked expression changed to that of an amused one, and he chuckled at her antics. Then, as if realizing for the first time what had happened, he scowled at her.

Upon seeing his look, she gave one of her own back with equal fever. “What?” She asked, indigently. “Like you’re the only one allowed to engage in acts of underage drinkage?”

Overhearing this, the bartender stopped his pouring of the other drinks and gave Spike an odd look, almost questioningly.

“She’s joking.” He told the older man, a nervous smile on his handsome face.

The bartender raised a bushy eyebrow, skeptically.

“Wot?” He asked, affrontedly. “I’m bloody 25. Saw the Id ‘ourself.”

The bushy eyed man just shook his dark head and walked away after sitting the rest of Spike’s order on the counter. After he was out of hearing range, Spike turned to the girl at his side, an irritated look on his face.

“I would’ve went with 23.” She informed him, amused. She wasn’t put off from his looks for years. Did he really think it would work now?

“You shouldn’t be drinking, pet.” He told her, his face softening into a look of worry.

Buffy huffed at that. “Don’t tell me what to do, you dope.”

“Did you just call me a dope?”

She ignored him and continued with her rant. “Besides, it’s only one drink. Jeesh, it’s not like I don’t know when to quit.” She said, reaching for Xander’s drink even as she was talking, and downing in quickly.

~*~*~*~

An hour later saw Buffy drunker than she’d ever been, and acting as silly as they come. She stood on the empty stage, colored lights blaring down on her harshly, wobbling to the right, then to the left, finally able to steady herself as she smiled proudly at the hordes of dancing people. Even after her friends continual warnings, she had gone against their advice and decided to par-take in karaoke night. The crowded building cheered enthusiastically when the music she had chosen began to play.

She held the microphone tightly in he right hand as she started to sing.

“I love myself
I want you to love me
When I feel down
I want you above me
I search myself
I want you to find me
I forget myself
I want you to remind me”

All five friends sitting nearby at their table put their heads down and sighed. Poor Buffy would be so embarrassed in the morning.

She was now dancing provocatively around the stage, shimmying her hips tantalizingly, and watching the men in the club go wild.

Hearing the chorus approaching, Spike’s blonde head snapped up quickly.

“I don’t want anybody else
When I think about you
I touch myself
Oooh, I don’t want anybody else
Oh no, oh no, oh no”

Spike felt himself harden at the image the lyrics and her dancing conjured up in his mind. The rest of the club faded away and it was only him and Buffy there in his mind. He licked his lips involuntarily as she ran her hands over her neck, down to her round breasts, and over her abdomen. He imagined her hands were his.

“You’re the one
Who make me come runnin’
You’re the sun
Who makes me shine
When you’re around
I’m always laughin’
I wanna make you mine.”

She pointed directly at him and smiled invitingly, a certain gleam in her hazel eyes.

‘I am yours, pet. I’ve always been yours.’

“I close my eyes
And see you before me
Think I would die
If you were to ignore me
A fool could see
Just how much I adorn you
I’d get down on my knees
I’d do anything for you”

Spike slide around in his seat in an attempt at easing the ache in his groin, never noticing that the gang’s attention was now firmly on him.

‘Mmm, Buffy on her knees…’

“I don’t want anybody else
When I think about you
I touch myself
Oooh, I don’t want anybody else
Oh no, oh no, oh no, yeah”

Willow, Xander, Tara, and Anya watched on as Spike concentrated solely on Buffy and the song blaring out of the speakers. It was very obvious to anybody with eyes that these two wanted each other.

Things were getting very interesting to say the least.

~*~*~*~

Helping, a stumbling Buffy into his house, Spike closed the door behind him. After Buffy’s rendition of ‘I Touch Myself’, she had just about pasted out on stage. He had decided that it was late and he should be getting her and himself home into bed. The gang all sad their goodbyes, telling Buffy how great it was to see her again after so long, and that they would really like to meet up again before the wedding.

He still wasn’t sure why they told her anything at all. As drunk as she was, it was very unlikely that she would remember anything about tonight. They could have told her that she was adopted and it wouldn’t have made a difference.

After practically caring her unconscious form up the stairs and into her room, he gently deposited her on the bed. Reaching down to undo the clasps of her two inch heels, he didn’t notice that she had woken up.

He jumped so high, he nearly fell out of the bed, when he felt her plant soft, open mouth wet kisses on his neck.

“B-Buffy?” He asked unsure, not moving away or stopping her. “Buffy, pet? W-what are you doing?”

She smiled against his skin. “What’s it look like? I’m kissing you, silly.” She reached around to the front of his body and started to rub his hardness through his jeans, and grinned when he trembled against her.

Spike jumped up from the bed and stood before her. “No! No, we can’t do this.”

At her hurt expression, he amended, “You’re drunk.”

A sliver of guilt ran through him when he realized that he didn’t name his fiancé as his number one reason why they couldn’t continue.

Buffy laughed quietly.

“I still know that I want you.” She told him sincerely. She frowned when he looked away.

“But we can’t.” He told her, still unable to look at her. It he did, his resolve would be shoot to hell and he would give in. “You’re going back to New York in a few weeks, and I’m…”

‘Marrying a woman I don’t love.’

She moved so fast, he didn’t notice until she was standing right in front of him, hot little body pressed firmly against him. “You…what?” She asked, all low and womanly.

She was trying to seduce him. Drunk.

His head turned toward hers involuntarily, blue eyes meeting hazel. And once again he was reminded of how beautiful, and special she was, how angelic, with those full, pink, bee-stung lips, those bright, sparkling hazel orbs, and perfect blonde hair. He struggled to speak. “I-I…I.”

Buffy’s eyes fluttered closed, then open again to find him staring down at her with a look of pure lust, and tenderness, and felt her heart swell. She smiled lovingly at him.

A familiar trickle of arousal raced through her body when she saw him wet his pink lips with his tongue. Sifting her fingers through the curls at the nape of his neck, she slowly pulled his lips down to hers. Her eyes fluttered shut instinctively, all senses concentrating on the feelings that his soft lips provoked. The thought briefly went through her fuzzy brain that she could kiss him forever, and she moaned into the kiss.

Spike inwardly groaned. She always tasted so sweet-like strawberries, and sunshine, and something purely Buffy. He just couldn’t get enough of it. Her lips easily fitted his and made his whole body come alive. He felt her bubblegum tongue flutter out and sweep across his lower lip, and he met it with his own. He kissed her deeply, feeling their tongues melt together and dance in the wet inferno of her mouth.

She moaned softly into the kiss, moved her body to press even more intimately against his, molding them together in a perfect fit. Tightening her grip on his neck, she shifted her head to one side, his moving to the other in a perfected synchronized motion, one they had much practice with. Tangling her fingers in his hair, she felt him pull her closer yet, deepening the kiss in an impossibly unfathomable way that made her toes curl against the plush carpeted floor.

When Spike’s lips left hers to leave a trail of wet kisses down her neck and collarbone, Buffy’s alcohol altered body lost it’s balance and they both tumbled onto the bed together. Her eyes slammed shut and she concentrated on the feel of his mouth on her body. Pulling desperately at his clothing, wanting it to disappear, Buffy moaned loudly when his mouth reached her cotton covered breast, replacing his hand, and began to kiss it through her shirt. He bite lightly on her nipple, before sucking it into his waiting mouth, drenching the soft material with his tongue and teeth. She used both arms to hold his head there, arching her body in an effort to get more of her breast into his mouth.

“Mmmm.” She moaned, eyes still tightly closed. “Want you. Want you so bad.”

“God, Buffy.” He groaned, letting her nipple fall from his lips. He pulled back ever so slightly, just enough to tug her tight shirt up and over her head quickly, tossing it behind him haphazardly.

She opened her eyes slowly and found the most beautiful blue eyes see had ever seen, dark and glazed with lust. “Spike…” She breathed, pushing the duster from his body, banning it to the floor.

Pulling his lips back down to hers, Buffy, wrapped a leg around his narrow hip, urging him forward, telling him without words that she wanted-needed- more. His hands ran down over the side of her body, coming to rest on the other side of her thigh, holding her leg around his hip, grinding his erection into her moisten jean-clad center, seeking release.

She tore her lips from his to cry out in pleasure, arching up to return the pressure on their pelvises. Spike licked across the tops of her bra clad breasts, his hand not leaving the other one unattended. Working his way back up her body to kiss her lips, he realized that she had passed out.

Pulling away, Spike stared at her snoring lightly, not sure if he should to be relieved or upset. He breathed out heavily, pausing a moment before rolling off of her still body and rising to his feet in the same fluid movement.

Spike then pulled the covers up over her sleeping form, pushed the hair away from her pretty face, and planted a chaste kiss on each of her closed lids. “Sweet dreams, luv.” His voice was soft, only barely above a whisper, not wanting to disturb her.

He picked up her discarded shirt, threw it over the back of a nearby chair, grabbed his duster, and headed for the door. Before walking out completely, Spike stopped to look at her one more time. He smiled uneasily. ‘I still love you.’

The door closed softly and he went to his own room.

Please review!!