Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. My muse went on vacation...to China ;)
Chapter 19: Heaven’s On Fire

The streets of down town Sunnydale were slightly crowded as Buffy walked slowly past each shop, some that had always been there, some that had just been erected in the three years time since she had left. She made it a point to pause and look at each and every display in the front window of the shops, deciding whether or not she wanted to go inside or not, before continuing on her way, lost in thought.

She had woken up this morning with the most ass kicking hangover of her life, and had popped at least a dozen aspirins in order to rid herself of the killer headache. She also had no memory of anything taking place last night after her third, or maybe it was her forth
shot of tequila. After showering and dressing faster than she could remember ever doing, she had bounded down the stairs quickly, expecting to find Spike sitting on the couch watching some lame soap opera, and had been immensely surprised to instead run into none other than Cordelia.

The dark haired woman had looked up briefly, before returning her attention back to the flat screen television showing Elmidate reruns. “Oh, it’s just you. I thought for a minute that is was someone, ya know…important.”

“Important?” Buffy snorted. “So, you mean, that I’m not as important to you as Elmidate?”

Cordy looked at her, silent for a moment, before replying, “Please! You aren’t ‘that’ important to anyone.” She laughed, turning back to her program.

“Not how Spike tells it.” Buffy smiled evilly, knowing that she would hit a nerve with that comment.

Cordy looked up sharply, anger evident on her pretty face. She stood up quickly, tossing the remote to the soft cushions of the sofa. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

Yep, it worked…

There was a moment of silent tension between the two woman.

“Absolutely nothing.” Buffy responded, cynically. She grabbed her purse off the nearby table and began to search through it for her set of house keys that Spike had bestowed upon her last night before she had gotten too drunk to think straight. She pulled them out deliberately, wanting Cordelia to see them.

The dark haired girl’s eyes darted almost instantly to the set of metal dangling from Buffy’s fingers, and narrowed, but she kept quiet. She reached behind her to dig something out from her back pocket, and held it out to Buffy. “Here. Spike said to give this to you.”

Buffy looked suspiciously at the other woman, then snatched the folded piece of paper from her outstretched hand, unfolded it, and began to read in silence.

‘Dear Buffy,

By now you’re probably experiencing one of the most spectacular hangovers of your life. You got pretty shit-faced last night, pet. No more tequila for you any time soon, eh, luv? Anyway, I had to leave early this morning to drive to San Francisco to pick up Da’. Apparently he’s got some new bird up there that’s been putting him up nicely. Go figure, huh? I didn’t wanna take off without letting you know that you didn’t do anything too embarrassing last night. Knew you’d be worried, and all. Cordy will be there until she has to meet up with the girls to do whatever the hell it is that they do. I’ve talked to her about not invading your space, so try to ignore her. And please, don’t kill each other until I get back.

Spike

P.S. Loved your rendition of
‘I Touch Myself.’

Needless to say, Buffy had been extremely embarrassed after reading Spike’s letter, and had left the house then without another word to Cordy. She didn’t feel up to arguing with her after that. It was useless anyway. Like flinging rocks at a huge brick wall.

Rounding a corner packed side by side with different kinds of shops, Buffy stopped dead in her tracks when she came to stand in front of the Magick Box. She smiled, and walked closer to have a look in the display window. Giles still held ownership over the little store, but now had given Anya permission to run things how she preferred, as the two had become close since she started dating Xander years ago. The old Brit trusted Anya with his fruitful store, and was sure she would take excellent care of his money. She was majoring in accounting after all.

Buffy’s hazel eyes surveyed the inside of the shop from where the display ended, and she grinned happily when she realized that is had stayed exactly how she had left it, but with more items for sale.

Suddenly two more pairs of eyes appeared in her line of vision, one bright green, the other, a pale blue.

Willow and Tara.

Buffy smiled warmly at her two wiccan friends, before making her way inside to say hello.

~*~*~*~



3 ½ Years Ago, Sunnydale:


She couldn’t believe it. Never in a million years would she have thought she would be doing this. She had absolutely no idea how she had gotten talked into it.

The night had started normal enough. The whole gang was attending one of Anya’s my-parents-are-out-of-town,-come-get-drunk-and-make-out parties, where the only person in their group who felt comfortable was Anya herself. In exchange for another beer, someone had been forced to play a round of ‘seven minutes of heaven.’ Anya had found out about it, and then insisted that everyone she knew participate too. Then somehow Buffy ended up in Anya’s dark bedroom closet with a blindfold on.

And what was worse was the fact that Anya had proudly proclaimed herself to be the person whose job it was to pick the guy that would be sent in after Buffy and remain with her for seven minutes. Buffy had no doubt in her mind that Anya would find the horniest, most lunkheaded guy there, and push him into the closet if need be. She would think it was hilarious, some cruel practical joke.

She sighed loudly, impatient, and wanting to get this whole thing over with. Why was it taking so long? Maybe Anya couldn’t find a guy who was willing to spend seven minutes alone with her. God, she hoped that was the case. This blindfold was really starting to get on her last nerve.

~*~*~*~

“Bloody ‘ell, Anya. I’m not going in there. It would be weird. She’s m’ best friend.” Spike protested against the feisty blonde’s suggestion of him joining Buffy in the closet for seven minutes of God knows what. They were standing in Anya’s vacated bedroom, the only two, as the rest of the Scooby gang waited outside.

“Oh, don’t be such a pansy, Spike.” Anya muttered, clearly irritated with his continual refusal to do as she asked of him. Why couldn’t these two blondes forget for one minute how incredibly stubborn they both were, and just give in to what they were feeling?

“M’ not a pansy. I just know when not to get involved in a potentially bad situation.” Spike insisted, holding up his hands for emphasis.

Anya put her hands on the back of his shoulder blades and pushed him toward the closed closet door. Spike struggled against her shoving hands, but since of part of him actually wanted to go right ahead and run as fast as he could into the closet with Buffy, it was easy for Anya to get his feet to move with their bodies, and they ended up right in front of the oak door. “I’m not taking no for an answer, Spike. Now get your British ass in the closet right now!”

With that, she flung open the door and tossed him inside, before shutting it with a loud bang.

Clapping her hands together, she grinned proudly, before opening the door that lead to the hallway where the others waited and strolled out. She was sure this good deed made up for all those times she hang with Cordelia and Harmony.

~*~*~*~

The closet was dark, almost pitch black, but Spike found that he could still make out the small form of a petite blonde huddled nervously alongside the wall farthest across form him. She was curled up, knees against her chest, with her back pressed firmly against the dry wall behind her, as she used to tiny arms to keep her legs bent where she wanted them. The blindfold was tied tightly around her head, shielding her eyes from view, and her full pink lips formed a thin straight line. The air around her screamed anxiety.

Spike almost gasped at how beautiful she looked in what little light there was in the small closet.

“H-hi.” She said with an apprehensive smile, after hearing the door close with a loud bang.

Spike didn’t reply but cautiously took a few steps forward, careful not to make a sound as to let her know that he was nearing her. He kept walking until he was directly before her, never taking his eyes off of her.

“Hello?” She asks again, moving her head left and then right, as if she could see through the black cotton covering her eyes. She was getting more nervous by the second.

“Shh.” Spike whispered, hoping she wouldn’t know that it was him. He kneeled softly facing her, and breathed in deep. Now he was the one who was nervous.

She seemed to sense that someone was in front of her face, and put up her tiny hands, needing to feel them, to try to figure out who they were, and what their intentions were. Spike mimicked her actions, sliding his own hands along the smooth skin of her palms, and lacing his fingers through hers. Closing his large hand around her much smaller one, he clasped it tightly, loving the feel of her hand in his.

She was breathing errantly now, tense beyond words, and eager to know what was coming next. She waited expectantly, her chin up in the air, knowing instinctively that he would be taller than her.

A familiar trickle of arousal raced through Spike’s body when he saw her wet her pink lips with her tongue. Slowly, he leaned in towards her, their hands still tightly clasped, as his eye lids fluttered closed.

Their lips touched and a spark flew through both of them. Her lips easily fitted his and made his whole body come alive. He ran his tongue along her bottom lip, begging entrance, which she willingly gave to him. She met it with hers, letting them melt together and move in an erotic mating dance that left both of them breathless. The kiss deepened even more, and an involuntary moan escaped Buffy’s mouth, and caused Spike to smile against her lips. He reveled in the fact that he could pleasure her so.

When breathing became an issue, Spike pulled away to look at her, gauging her reaction. He lips hung open slightly, bee-stung and kiss swollen, wet from their passionate feat. She was breathing heavily, lungs pulling in air as fast as they could, trying to get her breath back to usual. The snug pink tank that she wore had rode up during their ministrations, baring her midriff to Spike’s lustful eyes, and her chest heaved as she continued to breathe deeply, the tops of her pert breast peeking out of the top seam.

Silence engulfed the whole of the small, dark closet, and the two blondes still grasped each other’s hands firmly.

Buffy was still reeling from the feelings that her first ‘real’ kiss had invoked. Every part of her body was on fire, singing with joy, brought to life by a strange whose face she had yet to see. It was incredible! Never in her life had she ever feel so good, so alive. She never dared to think that a kiss could be this pleasant, and it sent a thrill of arousal through her small body, and she wanted more.

He wasn’t sure what had possessed him to do it, but Spike suddenly wanted Buffy to know who had just made her feel so good. Spike unlocked his hands from Buffy’s and slowly reach up and behind her head, making quick work of the fixed knot of the back of the blindfold, and let it slip from her face. Puling it away and discarding it somewhere in the darkness, he waited for her to open her beautiful eyes and learn the truth.

It seemed as though an eternity had passed before she finally let her lids flutter open. She was sure she was going to find somebody that she hated, somebody that hated her in return, but wanted to get her all worked up, then leave her there to suffer. Who she didn’t expect to find staring down at her was her best friend.

She gasped, surprised. Both were still locked in an intense stare.

‘Oh, God.’ She thought, inwardly groaning. ‘He’ll know now. He’ll be able to sense my feelings for him, and it’s gonna ruin our friendship. Oh, God, I’ll lose him forever!’

But he didn’t look put off in the slightest. He was just staring down at her with a look so full of love and tenderness, it made her stomach clinch and her heart contract. God, he had to be the most beautiful man she had ever laid eyes on.

“Spike?” She asked, a little confused at the look her was currently giving her.

But he didn’t answer her. He only leaned in toward her again, and Buffy instinctively closed her eyes once more, knowing what was coming, and wanting it just as bad as Spike appeared want it. Their lips connected yet again, and they instantly deepened it.

Sifting her fingers through the curls at the nape of his neck, she pulled him closer, wrapping her other arm under his own and back around the back of his shoulder, clutching at him as though he might disappear before.

Spike inwardly groaned, pulling her closer too. His hands pulled at her thin arms, moving her body with his as he scooted nearer, fingers drug deep into the skin on her upper arms. She moaned softly into the kiss, and moved her body to press even more intimately against his, molding them together in a perfect fit. Soon, it became clear that kissing just wasn’t enough, and the two yanked at each other’s clothes, pulling so hard a few seams popped in their haste.

Spike’s lips left Buffy then to leave a trail of wet kisses down the soft, salty skin of her neck, tongue coming out to taste the hollow of her throat, teeth nipping lightly in every place in between.

~*~*~*~

Outside in the hallway, leading to Anya’s bedroom, the gang waited, curiously, wondering what they two blonde best friends were doing past the two doors separating them from the group. They hands of the clock on the nearby hallway wall reminded them al that it was now four and a half minutes past the required seven minutes the two had to remain in the closet together.

Anya breathes out loudly, gaining the attention of her fellow Scoobies. “Five bucks says they’re half way to happy land by now.” She said calmly.

They others just looked at her oddly.

~*~*~*~

“Mmm, Spike.” Buffy breathed, feeling a rush of pleasure when her back slammed up against the wall behind her as Spike threw her discarded shirt over his shoulder, not bothering to wait and see where it landed before he dove back to kissing any piece of skin his lips could find. Glad that she was sans bra underneath the lost tank, Spike buried his head in her chest.

Buffy wrapped her arms around him, hold his head in place. He kissed and nipped the tops of her breasts , then took a pert nipple into his mouth to suck. She moaned loudly, not caring if everyone of the partiers down stairs heard them, as long as he didn’t stop doing that.

“God, Buffy. I’ve wanted this for so long.” Spike confessed, swirling his tongue around her puffy erect nipple, loving the way she shivered and groaned loudly. “Mmm, you taste so good , pet.”

God, the things she did to him. If he wasn’t sure he was in love with her before, he was now. They was no was he would give this up for anything.

His hands were everywhere at once, and Buffy’s senses were on overload, feeling so many feelings at once that she thought she would explode. It felt so good! A thought briefly floated through her brain that everything he was doing to her now, he had learned from his time with Faith, and that sparked a sliver of jealousy in her, but she quickly pushed it aside, concerting on the things he was doing to her body.

He trailed his lips back up to her throat, licking the spot where her ears met her neck, before sucking a lope into his waiting mouth. His lips found hers once more and Buffy kissed him back with equal fever, hungrily devouring him. pressing her body more firmly against his hard one, she grinded her lower body against his and gasped sharply into his mouth when she felt his rather large erection.

Not knowing where her sudden bravo was coming from, Buffy suddenly reached down and began rubbing him through the rough denim of his jeans. He broke away from her lips and looked at her, shocked. He was frozen and had an awed expression on his face, watching as her lips curl up into a proud smile, loving the power she held over him immensely.

Spike swallowed, mouth quivering. An urgent whisper escaped his open lips. “Buffy…”

They continued to stare into each other’s eyes, hazel locked with blue, as she never ceased to keep on with her ministrations, rubbing his hardness harder and faster. His eyes were glazed over with lust, and darkened to a shade of midnight blue. His kiss swollen mouth hung open, as he panted hard.

Buffy licked her dry lips when she felt him pulse beneath her hand.

“Oh! Oh, God, Buffy…” He gasped, out of breath. “You’d do best to not keep that up, pet.” He suddenly warned her.

Her hand slowed, and she looked scared, as though she had just did something terribly wrong.

Spike saw this, and quickly amended his previous comment. “’S just that if you keep going, I’m gonna cum in my pants, luv. Bit messy.” He smiled jokingly.

“Oh!” Buffy blushed a bright red, not stopping her movements. “But don’t you wanna…” She trailed off shyly, not knowing how to voice what she wanted to say.

“Very much.” Spike nodded, placing his hands over hers and stilling her movement. “But I don’t think we should, pet. At least not here, with our friends outside and all.”

~*~*~*~

“M-maybe we should, um, s-see if they’re okay.” Tara suggested, watching as almost all the people who had originally been in the game got bored and went back to drinking and dancing around the house. It had been nearly a half an hour since the two blondes had disappeared into the closet, the first pair to play ‘seven minutes in heaven.’ The Scooby gang were the only ones standing about, waiting for their two friends to come out and the next round to recommence.

“Well, I don’t know. I mean, should we? Maybe they don’t want to be interrupted?” Willow asked, unsure, while looking around at her fellow Scooby gang members.

Xander shrugged, looking bored, and very much like he already knew answer. “Would you wanna be interrupted when you’re about to get some?”

“Xander!” Willow admonished.

“Well, seriously, Wills. We’ve all seen the way they look at each.” Xander pointed out, knowing it was just as obvious to everyone else as it was to him. “And the sexual tension? Jeesh!”

“Oh, good point honey.” Anya praised her boyfriend, smiling brightly. “It’s so ‘very’ obvious that they want to have sex with each other.”

She nodded enthusiastically, proud to get her opinion voiced.

“Way to be blunt, Ahn.” Xander said, smiling sheepishly at the other two wiccas.

“Thank you.” She said, appreciatively, not put off in the least. “Tact is just so overrated.”

“But do you really think Buffy and Spike would have sex in Anya’s bedroom closet?” Willow asked inquisitively , getting the couple back on subject.

The other three friends all gave her a pointed look, as if to say ‘duh!’

Suddenly the bedroom door swung open so hard it hit the wall, and Buffy and Spike stumbled out of Anya’s bedroom, faces flushed, and clothes askew. Their hands were clasped tightly together, and both had pleased smiles on their faces.

“So…what did we miss?” Buffy asked, smiling brightly.

~*~*~*~

Buffy returned home late that evening after spending the day with Willow and Tara. The three woman had decided to have a girls day. Willow had closed up the Magick Box early, and they all went out to lunch together, then saw a movie at Sunnydale Theater, before going window shopping in the mall for the rest of the day.

Looking around the empty apartment, Buffy concluded that Spike had yet to return from San Francisco. She tossed her keys into her purse and plopped down onto the couch, exhausted from her day’s activities. Letting her head fall back to rest on the cushions atop the back of the couch, she closed her eyes, and sighed loudly into the empty house. Just as she was starting to doze off, dreams of designer shoes, and Victoria’s secret on the horizon, the phone rang.

Jumping to her feet, and bounding over to it, Buffy picked the receiver up and put it to her ear, rolling on the balls of her feet as she greeted whoever was on the other line. “Hello. Giles’s residence.”

“Buffy?” It took her a moment to recognize the voice on the other end of the phone line, but then her brain clicked and she smiled.

“Angel? Is that you?”

“Yeah, it’s me. What’re you doing at Spike’s?”

“Oh, I came up for the wedding, and surprise, surprise, my old room’s filled up with, not a bed, as the persons of Sunnydale would have guessed, but many, many shoe boxes.” She laughed.

“Cecily?” He asked, sounding like he already knew the answer.

“Of course.” Buffy smiled.

“Is Spike around by chance? I needed to ask him if the bachelor party was still on for Saturday.” Angel wondered.

“Oh, he’s actually out right now.” She told him, twisting the phone cord around her fingers. “He drove to San Francisco to pick up Giles from his new “lady friend’s” house.”

Angel chuckled at that, finding it extremely amusing. “So, the G-man’s finally gonna get some after all this time?”

Buffy laughed at his comment. “Looks like.”

“Well, I better get going. I’m supposed to meet Darla for dinner and dancing tonight. You’ll tell my dear brother that I called?” Buffy smiled at his use of endearment for Spike. Technically, they were no longer brothers, hadn’t been since Jenny died, but Angel still saw Spike as just that. She found it heartwarming. Angel had definitely grown up since the last time she’d seen him.

“Will do. When will you be arriving in SunnyD?” Buffy asked, curiously.

“In a day or two. Depends on Darla’s work schedule really. Definitely wanna make it in time for the bachelor party though.”

Buffy snickered. “Yeah, can’t miss that, huh?”

“Well it is the sole purpose for this big family reunion.”

“And here I thought the sole purpose of ‘this big family reunion’ was the actual wedding. Geez, what was I thinking, anyway?”

“Wow, I don’t remember you being this sarcastic.” Angel commented lightly. She could tell he was smiling.

“Well, New York will do that to ya. Sarcasm, just one more service I offer.”

He chuckled, amused.

“I’ll talk to you later, Buff.”

She smiled. “You too.”

Placing the receiver back in it’s cradle, Buffy ran a hand through her long blonde locks, undoing a few tangled wisps of hair gently. Finding a piece of notebook paper, she wrote down all the information about Angel and when he was coming. She then grabbed her purse, and took off up stairs to take a nice long soak in the bathtub.