Chapter Seven: Wild Monkeys

Unfortunately, Spike’s plan to drink himself into forgetting Buffy only made him think of her more. By his fifth beer, he had began to ramble on and on to Xander about Buffy and the soldier boy, and how they were "probably shagging right now." He was way drunk and when he was drunk, his bitter, jealousl side shone. Luckily Cordelia hadn’t showed up at the Bronze to witness him in his drunken state and hear him rant and rave about the love of his life and shagging soldier boys. She would undoubtedly have been deeply confused.

Now past midnight, Spike’s house was completely pitch black as he unlocked the front door and let himself in. He sighed with contentment, just wanting to crash for the night. Today had been a really long day. What he needed was a good night’s sleep...and to stop thinking about Buffy Summers, but that was beside the point.

He stumbled over some undistinguishable item on his living room floor, almost falling flat on his face. As he was bumbling to steady himself, he threw his arms out, waving them wildly in the air, trying to grasp anything to keep him from tumbling over. Fortunately, his hand hit the coffee table and he was able to regain control of himself. He sighed in relief...falling on his face right before his wedding was definitely ‘of the bad.’

Dammit! He was beginning to think like Buffy now. He groaned, frustrated that he couldn’t stop thinking about her. She was like that annoying little song that you couldn’t get out of your head, and desperately wished you could; except she wasn’t annoying, and he didn’t want to get her out of his mind.

"Arrrgggghh!" He growled, tugging off his duster and throwing it on what he hoped was the couch. He couldn’t really see to be sure, he couldn‘t see a damn thing. He staggered dizzily to his dark bedroom. Once he reached his bed, he flopped down onto the firm mattress haphazardly, enjoying the way the tension in his tired body diminished and a feeling of tranquility washed over him.

Suddenly a warm hand wormed it’s way around to his ass, giving it a gentle squeeze, and causing Spike to jump back so far that he nearly fell out of bed.

"Hey, sexy." Cordelia’s voice pierced the silence of the dark room.

"Cordelia! What the fuck are you trying to do, give me a heart attach?!" He cursed, panting heavily. He reached up to put a hand over his rapidly beating heart, as if to will it to steady itself.

"Oh, I’m sorry baby, didn’t mean to scare you." She apologized, her warm breath on his ear, sending a slight tremor through him.

"What’re you doing ’ere?" He asked, exasperated as he turned to face her. Her chocolate brown eyes glistered in the eerie light from the window, and her dark hair hung in loose curls around her head. Her plump lips were painted a dark shade of red, and when she smiled her teeth shone a perfect white.

"Well, visiting my fiance... that okay?" She answered, slightly annoyed with his reaction.

"Sorry, pet. I’m tired, it all. I just need a night’s rest and I’ll feel much better."

"Or... we could do other things." She hinted seductively. She then leaned forward and took his earlope between her blunt teeth and began sucking on it teasingly. Spike sucked in a breath of air, and groaned at the contact. This wasn’t really what he had in mind.

"Cordy, luv, I’m not really in the mood." He told her, as he gently pushed her away.

"Well, why not?!" She barked. "Spike, we’re engaged. We’re allowed to have sex." She explained calmly, smiling sweetly at him. Then her smile faded into a look of pure irritation and she went back to shouting at him.

"So if I wanna fuck like wild monkeys, then Goddamn it, we’re gonna fuck like wild monkeys, got it?!"

Spike’s blue eyes only stared at her dark brown ones, trying to figure out why he was marrying this woman. Oh, yeah, now he remembered... To try to get over the one girl he wanted, but couldn’t have.

When he didn’t answer, she reached over and slid her hands down his black-clad chest. She felt the muscles ripple beneath her fingertips and smiled appreciatively. He said nothing more, but only watched her as she began her invasion. Her hands slowly creped down into the waistband of his jeans, and grasped his hardening cock.

Spike wanted to tell her to stop, he really did, but the high level of alcohol in his system clouded his mind and he didn’t have the strength to push her off. All he really wanted to do right now was pass out and sleep it off. He knew that in the morning he would probably have one killer hangover and waking up next to the brown haired seductress would more than likely only add to his pain. Also, if Buffy was arriving in town tomorrow, he could possibly run into her, being that her father still lived next door to him. But hey, maybe having wild monkey sex with Cordelia was a better idea. He was sure he’d get the beautiful blonde off his mind this way.

"Wild monkeys, eh?" He asked, his trademark smirk in place.

~*~*~*~

While a couple of wild monkeys played into the early dawn, a tiny blonde girl lay awake in her bed. A pleasant smell of lemon and honey filled the spacious bedroom, and a street lamp near the windows left a soft golden light shine in. The room was pitch black and the tiny plastic stars glowed with an intensity matched only by a love for a man that burned in the girl’s heart.

Buffy rolled over onto her side and growled in frustration. Her eyes landed on the radio clock that sat on her nightstand. The bright red numbers left the tiniest glimmer in her hazel orbs. A loud sigh escaped her lips when she realized that it was nearly three in the morning. There was no way she would be able to face Spike if she was exhausted and half asleep.

With a huff, she threw the covers back and climbed out of bed. Quietly, she began to pace the length of her bedroom. Burning holes into the carpet always helped her think more clearly. 'Don’t think about Spike. Don’t think about Spike.' She chanted mentally, willing herself to do this, that. It was no use, though. It seemed the more she tried to rid him from her mind, the more she thought about him. 'It doesn’t matter if he’s getting married to that vapid whore. You’re over him. You really are! Yep, so making with the over-Spike-ness.' But there was the tiniest voice in the back of her mind that told her she was lying.

"Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!" She whispered hastily. She threw her hands up in the air, exasperated. Why couldn’t she get that bleached moron out of her mind? It had been years since she’d even heard from him, let alone seen him, why should she be obsessing over this? This was no big deal. She could handle this. 'Yep, keep telling yourself that, Buff.' That pesky in voice chimed in. 'Shut up! I said I’m over him, and I am. Great, now I’m arguing with myself.'

She just had to find something to take her mind off of her ex. Something to keep her busy. Anything. She looked around for something to occupy her time. Her head whipped around furiously, blonde hair swinging from her right shoulder to her left. She smiled with satisfaction, when she spotted her forgotten English Literature book. That’s what she would do. Homework would make her forget all about William Giles.

Buffy walked over to her book shelf and grabbed the book. Sitting back down on her bed, she made herself a comfortable as possible and placed the hardcover book on her knees, tilting it so her eyes could make out the printed words in the darkness. Once she was satisfied with her spot, she cracked open the book to a random page and started to read a passage.

Soon she realized that she had read almost twenty pages, and she had absolutely no idea what they were about. Her mind was just to preoccupied with other things right now. She couldn’t concentrate on anything other than the fact that the man that she used to love, still loved, was getting married to another woman, who wasn’t her.

Slamming the cover shut, she exhaled noisily. Closing her eyes, and focusing, she counted from one to ten slowly. When she opened her eyes, though, thoughts of the platinum blonde still plagued her mind. 'Don’t think about Spike. Don’t think about Spike.'

Spike. Spike. Spike.

"Arrggghhh! Dammit!" She uttered. She just wanted to go to bed and never wake up, but she figured that was probably not an option. She put the book gently down next to her clock on the nightstand, deciding to try to sleep once more. Lying back on the mattress, she pulled the covers around her petite frame and snuggle deeper for warmth. Just as she was about give in to the heaviness of her eyelids, a small silver glint caught her eye.

A genuine smile slowly spend across her face as she stared at the silver chain and trinket. The long chain swayed from side to side slightly, causing light to reflect off of it. The miniature heart with a stake through it hung low to her desk. The necklace holder held every kind of chain, in every kind of silver and gold, but nothing compared to the beautiful silver necklace that Spike had given her so long ago.

Compared to Spike’s mother’s necklace, the others were worthless. Buffy still remembered the exact day on which he had given it to her. She recalled him standing on the landing outside of her bedroom window, hand extended proudly, the necklace dangling from his nimble fingers. She had kept it all these years, never once even thinking about selling or pawning it. It held too much value for any old broker’s shop.

Buffy reached out to touch the trinket, fingering it lightly. She loved the way the metal always felt cool to her skin. It was refreshing to her; So smooth, and shiny, glistening with sheer beauty. She loved so many things about it. Its smooth texture, its feel, its value... but most of all, she loved how it always made her think of Spike. Even when she was trying to forget about him.

"God, I wonder what he’s doing right now?" She wondered aloud, entranced by the piece of jewelry.

~*~*~*~

"Oh, God! God, Spike, annhhuuhh. YES!" Cordy screamed as she came, thrashing her head wildly on the pillow beneath it. Her body was glistening with sweat and she was panting heavily. Her eyes were shut tightly, and her face was contorted in a look of pure pleasure.

Spike gave a few more hard thrusts before his own orgasm racked through his body. He buried his face into her neck and mumbled some undistinguishable name. He pushed off with his arms and rolled onto his back, eyes closed. His breathing was rough and his lean stomach and chest were covered in sweat.

Cordy watched the man next to her for a moment, before getting up to take a shower. Stopping at the bedroom entrance, she turned around and looked at the now sleeping form of her fiance. Her face remained still and calm on the outside, but on the inside, she was boiling with rage. She could have swore she heard him say Buffy...

~*~*~*~

Don’t kill me! Please?! *ducks under a table to avoid sharp objects flying through the air* Hey, who threw that?! Just bare with me okay? I promise on the Holy Spuffiness that I am all for the Spike and Buffy action. It’s coming. You just have to be patient. Sorry for the long wait. Family really sucks the inspiration right out of you.

Love to all,

~Saltygoodness~