Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! Well, guess most of you just thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth, huh? Nope, just dealing with one helluva case of Writer's Block in combination with the busiest season of the year. You see, the hot weather brings out all the crazies, which leads to numerous 911 calls and thus, keeping me from indulging in one of my favorite passions....writing Spuffy. Also, I've been net nannied. It basically sucks, I can't read Spuffy and thus, lack that motivational factor that reading smutty goodness can cause sometimes.
And, lastly, I've also been spending time out of town with family because we just found out that my mother's breast cancer (3rd bout after a 10 year remission) has come back and spread to 4 other locations. They "say" it isn't to the worst stage and there's plenty of treatments, but I want to visit her as much as possible right now and that has drained my muse, too. So, I hope that explains my lack of updates. I do apologize and hope that my readers will understand and stick with me. Read, enjoy and review...makes me smile. **I also need to send special thanks to DragonFlyLady, Tanit, BurnKitty and Dampersandspoons for feeding my addiction and emailing me some of my updated favorites, you guys rock!**
From last chapter:

Taking her hands in his, Spike kissed her fingertips and replied with nothing but honesty, “It was spontaneous, I admit, but I’ve never been surer of anything in m’life. I said ‘I do’ and meant it, luv.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Silence permeated the bedroom, hazily lit by the last remaining rays of afternoon sunshine as the day slowly bled into night. Buffy’s anxiety thickened the air with her unsaid distress as the ramifications of Spike’s confession sank in. Clutching the faded green afghan tightly in her tiny fists and stared into his beautiful cerulean eyes, filled with questions as he waited patiently for a response. Taking a deep and hopefully courage boosting breath, Buffy finally said, “I don’t know what to do with that.”

Spike’s patience and understanding about flew out the proverbial window, but somehow he managed to reign in his annoyance with her avoidance and calmly say, “Look, I understand that you will need some time to…process what’s happened between us. I blind sighted you this afternoon with the news of our marriage, but honestly…I thought you knew and that’s why you ran away that morning. And, I can admit that it must be a bit odd finding out that I was aware of …”

“Odd?! That’s all you can say? It’s odd!” Buffy interrupted with an incredulous shriek, practically propelling herself off the bed with the blanket wrapped securely around her waist and instantly started pacing the floor near the bed. “I could have been some freaking stalker chick who wanted nothing more than to lure you into bed and I don’t know…sue you or something, or get myself pregnant and all you can say is that it’s ODD!” Growling in frustration, Buffy threw her hands up in disgust before realizing that that one single act of irritation and annoyance had caused the makeshift skirt that the blanket had served to slide down her legs. Quickly, face enflamed with embarrassment and fueled by the fire of anger, Buffy’s arms flailed in attempts to grasp the frayed edge of the afghan and secure it tightly at her waist while backing in the direction of the master bathroom. “Um…excuse me.”

Chuckling at Buffy’s embarrassed antics, Spike cocked an eyebrow at her open mouthed expression of shock and replied in an amused tone, “Why so shy, pet? ‘s not like my face wasn’t buried between those lovely thighs barely an hour ago.”

Buffy’s eyes grew wide and her skin flushed an even deeper red as she tried to think of a witty retort to Spike’s lewd comment; huffing loudly when nothing came to mind, she disappeared into the darkened bathroom and slammed the door. Leaning against the cool wood, she scrunched her eyes shut tightly and mentally coerced the anger to retreat. Thankfully, it did…slowly, but surely. When the adrenaline filled rush of anger slowed to a dull roar inside her body, Buffy sank to the bathroom floor in sheer exhaustion; confused and upset. Her mind couldn’t process the fact that not only that she and Spike were married, but that he had completed the act with full intent. Why would one of the most eligible bachelors in the country, possibly even the world, want to marry a virtual nobody? A small town woman who counseled high school children on their grades and possible college choices? What could a prime-time hunk like Spike hope to gain from forging a union with a woman he barely knew?

Legs huddled close to her chest in a protective manner; Buffy sighed heavily and sank her head down on her knees and tried to make sense of the daunting questions that swirled around in her mind. Time slipped away from her as she fought to gain some insight into the mind of the man who had quickly seduced her body and who was slowly trying to win her heart. As the sun finally slipped past the horizon, the bathroom was pitched into near darkness, save only for the butterfly shaped nightlight tucked safely into the corner of the room. Suddenly, the sharp thwack of knuckles against the door jarred Buffy from her thoughts.

“I realize that you’re most likely getting a kick out of hiding from me, luv, but you’d better get that lovely arse of yours into gear ‘cause you’ve got someplace to be in less than an hour.” Spike leaned against the door and chuckled lightly at Buffy’s highly expletive response, slightly muffled due to the thick wooden barrier between their bodies. “Get yourself presentable and I’ll drive you there. Wouldn’t want you to be late and need reprimanding, yeah?”

Buffy scowled at herself in the mirror, taking in the disheveled hair and less than noticeable makeup that had obviously been rubbed off during their session of heavy petting downstairs. When Spike’s last remark finally penetrated her mind enough to realize that it was laden with sexual innuendo, her scowl deepened and she mentally cursed her body for clenching with anticipation and heady desire at the thought of being reprimanded by him personally. Growling in annoyance, she snatched a brush from the countertop and hastily repaired the damage that Spike’s lips and hands had caused. Within minutes, she had her golden tresses cinched in a low bun and the mascara smudges removed from underneath her eyes. After adding a quick swipe of blush to her cheeks and rose tinged gloss to her still slightly kiss-swollen lips, she tightened her grip on the blanket and opened the bathroom door.

Avoiding eye contact with the half dressed man that lounged comfortably on her rumpled bed, his body languidly sprawled across the comforter like a satisfied feline, Buffy hurried to her closet while saying, “Thanks for the uh…reminder, I sorta well…forgot about it, really.”

“’s not a problem, kitten…that’s what husbands do, right?” Spike replied with a teasing lilt to his words, instantly lighting the fuse that led straight to the bomb that was Buffy’s temper. Holding his hands up in mock surrender when Buffy threw a heated glance full of ire in his direction, he quickly added, “M’apologies, I’ll refrain from using the mister and missus titles until you’ve come to terms with them.”

“That’d be a good idea.” Buffy remarked with a threatening glint in her fiery eyes. Reaching into the closet, she rooted around and shoved clothes out of the way for several minutes before settling on a pair of creamy dress slacks and a scoop necked blouse in sage and turned around to face Spike again with a pointed look. “Um, do you mind?”

“Mind? No, not at all…carry on with what you’re doing.” He replied saucily, letting her know that he was enjoying the show and to continue on with the undressing.

“Are you always this…perverted, or am I getting special treatment today?” Buffy spat back quickly, instantly cringing as soon as she said it and noticed the mischievous glint in his sparkling eyes. Sighing, she resigned and said, “Go ahead, I deserve it after that.”

“What?” He asked with the most irritatingly innocent smile that he could possible manage, “I haven’t got a clue what you could possibly think I would say.”

“Oh, I don’t know…something stupid and lewd like you’ll give me all the special treatment I need or whatever.” She muttered, ducking her head shyly and all of the sudden feeling very much like a bug under a microscope as Spike stared at her with a Would I do that? look on his face. “Yes, you would say something like that, so don’t try to play all sweet and innocent, mister.” One look back into his baby blues and Buffy’s body was instantly on alert as he prowled to the edge of the bed and cocked his head to one side, appreciatively eyeballing her from head to toe with his tongue curled seductively behind his lip; reminding her nether regions of exactly what that naughty appendage had made her feel just a short while ago. She knew she should retreat back into the safety of the bathroom, but couldn’t muster up the motivation to make her feet take her there.

He crawled off the bed, mimicking the feline grace of a predator eyeballing its prey and stalked across the bedroom to stand in front of her; his body barely a breath away from where she stood, body trembling with anticipation. Suddenly, with a quickness that couldn’t be normal for a mere mortal, Spike pressed his hands against the closet door and imprisoned her between his arms. Her heart rate increased exponentially just being near him, her breath slowed into brief pants as she literally forced herself to breath in his presence. Buffy’s legs shook with desire as an ache that bordered on painful built to a throbbing crescendo at the apex of her thighs and she pressed them tightly together in hopes that the contact would ease the throbbing need.

Dipping his head, Spike nibbled along the sweetly scented soft skin of her neck just below the earlobe and relished in the kittenish mewling sounds that escaped Buffy’s mouth. “Sure you’ve got to go, luv?” Spike whispered against her neck, his lips ghosting over the pulsating vein that lay just below the creamy skin causing an involuntary shudder to course through Buffy’s body and ultimately shake her out of the delicious stupor he had worked her into.

“I…I have to go…meetings.” Buffy stammered, ducking under his outstretched arms and dashing to the bathroom without looking back; never seeing the look of longing and regret that filled his gaze.

A few minutes later, she emerged from the sanctuary of the bathroom and cautiously entered the bedroom. “I’ve gotta go. Um…what are your…plans? I mean, are you staying somewhere else or…”

“Really just flying by the seat of m’pants today, I guess. Didn’t really have m’itinerary planned out.” Spike pushed himself off the bed, fully dressed now which meant he must have went back downstairs to gather the discarded clothes from the living room floor. “C’mon, kitten, I’ll drive you.”

“I…uh, need some time alone right now, so I thought I’d walk. It’s only a couple of blocks, not like I don’t do it most days anyway.” Buffy informed him as she slowly backed out of the bedroom. “Can you maybe just stay here? I won’t be too long and we still need to make with the talkage about what’s going on. We can order in or something.” Buffy watched his shoulders drop in defeat and felt something inside wilt at the sight of the look on his face. Feeling bad about putting such a sad look on that beautiful face, Buffy halted her backwards escape and eased closer to where he stood in the center of the room. Softly, she said, “I’m scared, ok…and, sadly, sometimes…no most of the time when I am afraid of something I run away from it. I don’t really understand what’s going on between us, we barely know one another and we end up married and I don’t know what to do now. I want to run away from you, but I can’t…you make me feel things that…well, that no one else has.” Sighing, she placed a hand on his chest and stared up into his eyes, “What I’m trying to say so very much non-eloquently is that I need some time to figure this out for myself. I’m just asking for a little bit of patience.”

Spike released the breath that he hadn’t realized he’d been holding during Buffy’s speech and smiled brightly. “Anything you want, luv…anything at all. Though, you just had to go and ask for the one thing I’ve never been known for, patience has never been m’strong point, but I’m quickly learning that I’d do anything for you, luv.” Reaching out, he pulled her into his arms and brushed a kiss across her lips before saying, “Now, if you’re planning on getting there on time you might wanna reconsider the offer for a ride.”


TBC...


Chapter End Notes:
Look, no cliffhanger! **Gasp**