Author's Chapter Notes:
Gasp! Shock! Are you pinching yourself to see if this update is real or you're just imagining things? LoL I am so very sorry that this update took so long to get out. Muse has been on one helluva strike and shocked me last night by showing up and flowing freely! Seriously, parts of this chapter have taken nearly 5 weeks to write. That's totally absurd! But, it's here now and I hope that you guys enjoy!!

As always, the lovely Lauriel was kind enough to beta for me and point out the numerous mistakes that plagued it! Thanks a billion, sweetie!!!!
Buffy nervously shuffled from one foot to the other while tightly clutching the Tupperware container full of potato salad and waiting for someone to open the front door to the Wood residence. She must have looked seriously anxious, because Spike placed his hands on her shoulders and held her in place. Cocking her head to the side, she raised an eyebrow and asked, “What’s that for?”

“I’m feeling a bit sea sick watching you bob back and forth,” he replied teasingly. Satisfied that she’d stopped fidgeting, Spike pulled her back into his arms and placed a kiss onto her cheek. “Relax, kitten. It’s just your mates, yeah? How horrible can it be?”

“I know it won’t be horrible! Embarrassing, maybe…for the both of us, but not horrible like in the bad sense, I guess,” Buffy conceded and slowly let her body relax just a smidgeon as she let herself fall back into Spike’s embrace. “It’s just weird, ya know?”

“No worries, luv. We’re going to have a wonderful time, have a tasty meal and when we get home later, I’m sure I can find some way to help you relax,” Spike murmured against her neck as he nibbled along the sensitive flesh just below her ear, sending tremors of excitement racing along her skin and instantly bringing forth the memory of their heated embrace earlier that morning.

Her skin flushed red as she recalled the way they had woken up together, in a tangle of limbs, their nude flesh pressed against one another, his hand lightly cupping her breast as the soft hue of morning light seeped past the drawn curtains and filled the living room with a golden glow. His hardened length had been pressed against the curve of her ass, instantly probing between her legs after he inadvertently shifted in his sleep and rousted her from a deep slumber as he brushed against her moist, silken opening and reignited the desire that had cooled beneath the surface of her now writhing body. Barely awake, yet no longer in slumber, he had brought her to orgasm repeatedly, pulling pleasure from her trembling body until she lay limp and grinning like a mad woman on the living room floor. A smile spread across her face as she recalled the feeling of his body pressed against hers and a slow burn flamed in her belly at the thought of the night to come.

Smirking, Spike pressed a kiss to the crown of her head and chuckled, effectively pulling her out of the trance her memories had produced. “Remember, kitten, next time it’s your turn to do the meet and greet, yeah?” His laughter deepened at her unenthused grunt and he was a split second away from frightening her further with tales of his celebrity friends and their attitudes when a woman’s voice was heard from the other side of the front door.

Upon hearing Faith’s bellow from inside the house as she slowly made her way to the door, Buffy pulled out of Spike’s embrace with a grimace and announced, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you. There’s just no excuse for Faith sometimes.”

Spike was about to question her comment, but suddenly the bright red front door flew open and he was faced with one extremely pregnant female, who was swathed in dark jeans and a billowy white maternity top, huffing loudly with one hand perched at the curve of her back for support and red in the face from exertion. He recalled Buffy’s comment that Faith still had eight weeks left in her pregnancy, but the swell of her tummy was very deceptive in its size and he thought she looked like she was ready to pop at any minute.

Buffy watched her long time friend ogle Spike, her cherry stained mouth wide open with shock, and she was utterly amused by the reaction. Faith was known for her hardcore temperament, brash attitude and sassy mouth, and Buffy had never witnessed a single moment in the span of their friendship where Faith was stuck speechless. Unable to stifle the laughter bubbling inside, Buffy began to titter; slightly at first, before giving way to an unexpected fit of giggles. When she was finally able to reign in the outburst of laughter, Buffy brushed away the few tears that had sprung in her eyes and managed to squeak out, “You’ve broken Faith!”

“I’m not fucking broke, B!” Faith retorted shrilly, with hands placed on her hips. Lifting one hand, she pointed in Spike’s direction and ranted, “Hello?! Shock factor? Robin said you were bringing some guy and I was thinking like Xander or that lame ass football coach that’s been sniffing around lately. You show up with Mr. Hot-ass celebrity in tow without maybe a phone call or some other damn type of advanced warning and expect me not to freak out? I think the Hell not.” Pausing to take a needed breath, Faith was opening her mouth to start in on Buffy again, when she was stopped by her daughter tugging insistently on her shirt sleeve. “Hey, baby, what’s up?”

Nicole peeked around her mother’s legs, bashfully hiding from the person that she didn’t know, before staring up at Faith with wide chocolate brown eyes. “Um, Mommy, you said a bad word,” she murmured shyly, her words just loud enough to carry over to Buffy and Spike. “You hafta put monies in the jar now.” Quickly producing a purple painted jar with red hearts, pink polka dots and sprinkled with a glittered rainbow of colors, she held it out proudly for Faith to turn over the much deserved bounty.

Buffy and Spike shared a brief glance and knowing smile, both managing to keep their laughter at bay as Faith grimaced and rolled her eyes before jamming her hand into her pocket and procuring a wad of crumpled bills. “How much this is it this time, sweetie?”

“Three,” she said proudly, holding up the matching number of fingers for her mother to see. Faith dutifully peeled off three dollar bills and grudgingly stuffed them in the colorful jar. “Thank you, Mommy.” Nicole turned to sit the jar on a nearby table, making sure it was safe on its perch before skipping back across the foyer and attacking Buffy’s legs. “Aunt B? Do you say dirty words like my Mommy? Daddy says ladies don’t say things like that.”

Buffy handed Spike the tub of potato salad and hefted the little girl into her arms. “Sometimes, Nikki, but I don’t say as many dirty words as your Mommy; she’s always had a potty mouth.” The girls busted out into giggles as Faith glowered at them and dryly said, “Thanks, B.”

A short while later, they were sitting around the dining room table polishing off dinner when the conversation inevitably turned from how the new couple met to Faith and Buffy’s teenage years.

“Oh, please. Don’t let Buffy fool you, Spike. She might look like a prim and proper young lady now, but she was just as bad as I was in high school,” Faith replied with gusto to Spike’s comment on how unlikely a pair the two seemed based on the pictures he had seen of Faith in her younger years; all black lipstick and tight leather with the trademark scowl of a bad attitude.

Cocking his head at the blushing blonde to his left, Spike said, “I’m not sure I can believe you on that one. She just doesn’t seem to have that bad girl streak in her.”

“Pssht, there was this one time when her mom told us we had to stay in on a Friday night because the principal, the one before Robin, called and told her that we’d skipped school that day. Well, we were supposed to meet some guys at the gym for a little after party…shh, Buffy, I’m talking,” Faith waved her hand in her friend’s direction and paid no attention to the objections spewing from the other side of the table. “Anyway, we got tanked and had to crawl back in the second story window before her mom woke up for work. Buffy stumbled and ended up falling against the wrong window! Needless to say, Joyce was pissed! Not only was her precious little daughter wasted at six o’clock in the morning, but her shirt was on inside out and backwards!”

“Oh my Gosh, Faith! Could you be a little louder? I don’t think Nikki heard you.” Buffy motioned with her head to where the five year old was quietly coloring in the floor. “And, I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only one with a clothing mishap. Weren’t you missing a bra?”

“Wouldn’t say I was missing it, B, it was one heck of an uncomfortable piece of lace. Plus, I wasn’t the one smoking in the weight room, was I? And what happened to that part of the gym?” Faith put her chin in her palm and batted her chocolate brown eyes innocently in Buffy’s direction.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Faith. No idea at all,” Buffy replied, suddenly interested in the last remaining bites of salad on her plate; completely ignoring the incredulous stares being directed at her from both men at the table.

When dinner was finished and Robin was just returning to the dining room with dessert, Buffy heard the tell tale ring of her cell phone coming from her purse in the foyer. Extending her apologies, she hurried across the room into the foyer and managed to snag the little black phone before the caller hung up. Noticing on the caller ID that it was Willow calling, she smiled and answered brightly, “Hey Wills, what’s up?”

Spike watched her as she listened to whatever her friend had to say and became worried as her expression quickly dissolved into something a lot more ominous than before. Catching her eye, he mouthed, “What’s wrong?”

Holding up a finger to signal for him to hold on, Buffy turned and walked into the adjoining living room and picked up the television remote. “Uh-huh, I’m about to turn it on. What channel?” Clicking on the flat screen television, Buffy flipped rapidly through the channels until landing on the one in question. “I’ve got to go, Willow …yeah, I’ll call you later. Thanks, by the way.” Snapping the phone shut, she let it slide out of her hand to land on the couch just moments before she slumped down beside it. “Oh, no! No, no, no, no!”

Spike quickly left the dining room table, followed by Robin and a much slower Faith. “What’s wrong, pet?” Coming around the corner, he skidded to a halt when his gaze landed on the television and what was being broadcasted across the news channels.


They watched helplessly as the petite brunette pranced across the screen and proudly announced their secrets on national television, “That’s right, ladies. It seems as though Hollywood ’s hottest bachelor has been spotted looking very smitten over the weekend. As seen in the photos that were emailed to our station earlier today, Spike Thorn, the sexy vampire that makes women across the globe swoon every Tuesday night on Joan the Vampire Slayer, was seen wining and dining a young lady Saturday night.

I have to admit, her identity threw us for a loop at first, but thankfully our research department was recently able to confirm that Spike met his latest conquest over the weekend while attending a science fiction convention in Las Vegas held at the world renowned Hyperion Hotel. The lucky lady’s name is Buffy Summers, who resides in the quaint town of Sunnydale located just two hours north of Thorn’s residence in Malibu. Hmm…wonder how that distance is going to play out in this budding new romance or is this just another one of Spike Thorn’s many conquests? Guess we’ll all just have to wait and see. I’m Veruca Wolfe with Entertainment Now and you’ve just been informed. Have a good night and don’t forget to tune in for Friday nights coverage of the seventh annual black and white charity ball being held at L.A.’s hottest night spot, Caritas. It’s sure to be a night of great fashion and even hotter gossip.”


Spike’s face flushed furiously as he leaned forward against the couch, his hands clenched tightly against the pale rose and cream plaid cloth directly behind where Buffy was sitting. He took a few deep breaths, trying to calm down before allowing himself to comment on the situation. While he was used to the invasion of his privacy, the blatant disregard for his feelings or confidentiality constantly being plastered across the various media sources for the purpose of entertaining the public, Spike knew that Buffy wasn’t ready for the lifestyle; much less being thrown directly into the proverbial fire. He glanced down at Buffy; her hunched figure frozen with shock was focused intently on the television, which was now muted thanks to their hosts and silently advertised the latest useless whatnot that everyone would undoubtedly rush out to buy the next day. Tentatively, he reached out and placed his hand on her shoulder, inadvertently startling her.

Wincing at the pale expression of shock plastered across Buffy’s face when she turned around and looked at him, eyes wide with a worrisome mix of surprise and anxiety and sparkling with unshed tears, Spike straightened up and reached into his back pocket to pull out his wallet. With one eye on the nearly hysterical blonde, he called for Nicole. “Hey Bit? Come ‘ere for a sec.”

The energetic five year old, still running strong after a long day of playing and entertaining her favorite “aunt”, skipped across the living room with a wide smile, mocha locks bouncing boisterously with each step, and landed in front of his feet. “Yes, Mist-ur Spike?”

Kneeling down to her level, Spike extracted a crisp twenty dollar bill from his black leather wallet and handed it to her with a sardonic smile, “Here, Niblet. I think Aunt Buffy might break the no-cussing rule tonight. This should cover it, yeah?”

Nicole smiled widely, the gap left by her missing front teeth bared proudly, and clutched the money tightly in her hands as if it might vanish into thin air at any moment. “Thanks!” she exclaimed brilliantly before tucking it safely into the brightly painted container designated for cussing violations. Glancing back to Spike, her eyebrows knitted together in thought and she leaned close to whisper in his ear, “You make sure to get on to her later, ok? My daddy says that it’s still wrong to say dirty words, no matter how much money you have.”

Chuckling at the seriousness of the little girl’s words, Spike patted her on the head and promised to reprimand Buffy later that night and stood up just in time for Buffy to react verbally to the newscast.

“Shit! Shit! Shit! Damn them all to Hell!” Buffy cried loudly, her face red with frustration and anger. She took a deep breath, long enough for Robin to remove his hands from his daughter’s ears, and let it out slowly…then flew right into another tirade; where they were treated to the surprising string of expletives that spewed from the normally demure young lady’s mouth.

Muttering to himself more than anything, Spike commented, “Maybe twenty wasn’t enough.”


Chapter End Notes:
So, didya like it? Huh, huh, huh? LoL