Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to my beta chocoholicgirl03. I don't own Buffy though I wish I did. Please review.
Chapter 3 Dru hugged Miss Edith tightly, twisting slowly from side to side. "Spike... I am so tired. The stars are running away from me. They are leaving me and so will you. You must take me to the Mouth and Daddy. The Sunshine doesn't want him and he thinks she is for him but she is not. She is effulgent." Spike sighed deeply as Drusilla babbled on, trying to guide her to the bed so she would hopefully get some sleep.

Do vampires get headaches? Spike asked himself. 'Cause I am getting one with all her constant babbling about her Daddy and the Mouth. Whatever I do, it doesn't matter. All she cares about is her precious poofter Daddy! Even after all I have done for her, and to her, for a hundred years. All the love and faithfulness and she'll go out fuck any demon from here to bum fuck Egypt! And where does she get off saying who ever she is talking about Sunshine being effulgent. That's my bloody word! Growling to himself he flopped into a chair. He had bloody brilliant taste in women. First Cecily who had barely acknowledged his existence and then straight on to Dru who was, and probably always would be, hung up on Angel.


Dru hummed softly to herself as she rocked Miss Edith. "My Spike is confused. You are to take me to the Mouth so I can get better and you can kill the Sunshine. She can't have you!! And she can't have my Daddy!!!" Dru shrieked.


Spike sighed deeply, rubbing his temples. "Dru, love, I don't know who you are talking about. But, my pet, you are my one and only. You know I will do anything for you. But if you are talking about the Hell mouth that is out of the question!! Bloody Hell Dru! We are not going there! That is crazy! Only crazy, suicidal demons and lovesick demons go there!" He tried to reason with her, trying not to lose his temper. The Hell mouth was the last place he wanted to go.


Dru pouted, beginning to whine. "Spike we must go there now. It will help me. Please Spike, my dark knight. Help your princess." She pleaded.


"Bugger! All right we'll go. But it will take time to get things arranged. It will probably take us about a month to get there. But, we will get there. Is there anything you are not telling me about the Hell mouth?" Spike demanded.


Dru shook her head, coming to sit in his lap and nuzzle along her neck. "Of course not my Spike. You are taking me to the Hell mouth so I can get better, and nothing more I promise. The stars will be there and we will dance under the stars. Miss Edith promises me this." Dru murmured with a far away look as she stroked the doll's hair. Shh Miss Edith. He must not know my precious Daddy is there. We will fix Daddy. He is sick too...

Spike watched Dru fuss with Miss Edith, changing the doll from an elaborate Victorian gown into a nightgown that was a confection of lace and ruffles. The bloody doll had more clothes than he did! Well, at least the creepy thing kept Dru occupied, fairly quiet, and out of his hair. He loved her with all of his unbeating heart, but she sure knew how to drive a bloke up the sodding wall! Running a hand though his hair, he sighed deeply. I know she is up to something. She has to be. The Hell mouth. Why does she need that place? Nobody needs that soddin place! He snorted to himself. What Vampire needs to go to bloody sunny California?! I mean come on! I DO know we have to get out of here. We are to close to Prague for my taste. I do need to find a way to cure my dark princess. Oh soddin hell! The only good thing about going to the Hell mouth is the Slayer. My third slayer. That will be worth the trip to bloody sunny California. Spike mused.

"Oh, my Spike is wanting the golden Sunshine.  He will kill the Sunshine and feed me her blood to make his dark princess better. Then we will dance under the stars.  Right, Miss Edith." Dru looked at the doll for her answers, but something changed suddenly.  Dru began shrieking at the doll.  "No! He is my white knight! The Sunshine can't have him! I will scratch her eyes out!  She can't have him! She is not effulgent!  No tea and cakes for you Miss Edith!!" Growling she threw the doll across the room where it hit the wall with a dull thud. Dru sat on the bed, arms crossed and still glaring daggers at the doll.

Spike stared at her in shock. It was so rare that Dru ever lost her temper with that bloody doll. Usually she coddled it and all but worshiped the sodding thing. Frankly, the doll and her supposed whisperings to Dru gave him the creeps. With Dru there was no telling if she was really hearing voices or not. Going over to her, he sat beside her, trying to calm her down. "Now, Dru, pet, that wasn't very nice. You just rest. No one's going t' take me from you. We're going to the Hellmouth soon as I can get us there. I'll kill the Slayer an' you'll drink her blood. You'll be better in no time. Lay down, pet. Try an' get some rest." Stroking her hair slowly he tucked her in like a child.

What the soddin hell was that about?! Who is golden sunshine? And why does she keep saying that damn word?! Spike ranted to himself as he paced the room. Oh bloody hell, I need to go kill something or I am gonna end up killing her AND that soddin doll! Barking orders at the minions to keep an eye on Dru and not let her out, he stormed out. Even more than killing something, he wanted a fight. There was nothing like a good fight and a good kill followed by a cigarette and some Jack.


Angel woke on the other side of the world out of a dead sleep. He thought he was dreaming of Buffy and how to get her to trust him. He assumed that she would love him. No woman could resist his dark, brooding good looks. Running a hand through his hair he sighed. Something was wrong, he could feel it. It had to be Dru. She was his beautiful dark childe and guilty pleasure. But why was he thinking about her and not the beautiful golden Slayer.