Author's Chapter Notes:
I appologize for the long wait between updates. I was attempting to concentrate on my other story. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter.
Buffy slid onto a barstool towards the rear wall of the bar and ordered a diet coke, giggling as the bartender blushed and stammered under Dru’s twinkling gaze. “Quit teasing the boy and sit down, Dru. He’s gonna spill all the drinks.” She ordered a glass of O neg. for Dru, and told him to make sure it was body temperature.

Dru slipped onto the stool beside Buffy and winked at the bartender. “Sunshine tries to ruin all my fun. But we both know, you and I, that she can not ruin it all.” Dru giggled and took a sip from her glass.

“Yes Ma’am,” the bartender said as he ran a cloth across the counter. “Is there anything else I can get you ladies this evening?”

Buffy leaned back against the bar, facing away from it. “Hear anything interesting lately? Anything I might be interested in?”

The bartender nodded, even though Buffy could not see him. “There is a small group of T’largin demons over by the stage. I heard them say they were looking for someone their boss had lost.” He cast a quick glance at Dru. “I think they are looking for your pretty friend here. I’d be careful if I were you.”

“Which ones are the T’Largin?” Buffy asked quietly as she sipped her drink.

“They are the dark red ones on the left side of the stage, the ones with the eye in the center of their foreheads,” the bartender answered, rubbing the cloth in circles. “I hear tell they are formidable fighters.”

“Thanks Sam. Anything else I need to be aware of?” Buffy asked as she a flash of blond and black caught her eye.

“Nothing so far Miss. If I hear anything I’ll let you know.” Sam said and walked down the bar to serve the Fylarl down at the other end.

Buffy placed her half-empty glass on the bar and watched as Lorne ascended the stage and grabbed the microphone. She wondered what was going to assault her ears tonight.

“Ladies and Gentle beings, please welcome to the Caritas stage for the first time… Spike!” Lorne waved Spike up onto the stage and handed him the microphone. “Have fun sweet cheeks,” He said as he stepped off the stage and stood to one side.

Buffy inhaled sharply as she took in the features of the man on stage. From his beautiful blue eyes and sharp cheekbones, to the way his black t-shirt clung to his torso, he was a walking piece of art.

Dru leaned close to Buffy and whispered in her ear, “Princess thinks that the Sunshine likes what she sees of the Knight.” She traced one finger along the top of Buffy’s shoulder. “Does Sunshine want to see more of the Knight?” Dru giggled as Buffy squirmed and shot her a glare over her shoulder.

“Shhhh. I wanna see if his voice is a yummy as the rest of him.” Buffy said with a huff. She turned back to face the stage and stared at Spike as he tapped the microphone. “Besides, I know the night quite well. Don’t need to become more acquainted with it.

Dru giggled again, leaning back on her stool and commented, “I believe the Sunshine will indeed become more acquainted with the Knight, as well as the Night.

“Dru, some days I just don’t understand these riddles you seem so fond of.” Buffy said over her shoulder before returning her attention to the stage, and Spike.

Spike glared menacingly across the bar, daring anyone to make fun of him for standing on a karaoke stage, about to sing. He noticed a cute blonde over at the bar was staring at him and he flashed a wink as the music started. Spike decided that since he had to do this, he was going to do it right. He took a deep breath and started singing.

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
You cunt, I’m not a queer
I’ll state my case, of which I’m certain
I’ve lived a life that’s full
And each and every highway
And yet, much more than this
I did it my way


He let his eyes wander around the room, taking notice of everyone in it, but most especially the blonde by the bar.

And yes, I’ve had a few
But then again, too few to mention
But dig, what I have to do
I’ll see it through with no devotion
Of that, take care and just
Be careful along the highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way


He saw her speak over her shoulder to someone, but couldn’t quite see who she was talking to.

There were times, I’m sure you knew
When there was nothing fucking else to do
But through it all, when there was doubt
I shot it up or kicked it out
I fought the just as before
And did it my way


He was really getting into the music now and started growling out the words to the song.

Knocked out in bed last night
I’ve had my fill, my share of looting
And now, the tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think, I killed a cat
And may I say, oh no, not their way
But no, no, not me
I did it my way


He noticed that the group of red demons sitting off to his right was more interested in casing the bar than they were in what he was singing, and glared at them during the final verse.

For what is a brat, what has he got
When he finds out that he cannot
Say the things he truly thinks
But only the words, not what he feels
The record shows, I’ve got no clothes
And did it my way!


Spike hopped down from the stage just as Lorne walked out onto it. “Let’s hear it for the vampire with the golden throat! What a song!” As the audience clapped, Lorne followed Spike off to one side and prepared to tell him what he saw.

Just as Lorne walked up to him, Spike noted that the demons who had ignored his singing were pointing towards the bar and seemed quite interested in the blonde, or maybe in her companion. Spike determined to himself that he was going to find out what they were up to after he heard what Lorne had to say.


Chapter End Notes:
Song is "My Way" as sung by the Sex Pistols.