Author's Chapter Notes:
Shock, gasp, surprise! There's no excuse for my tardiness other than muse has been less than cooperative. Hope there are still some readers out there and that you guys enjoy it. :) Also, as usual, BIG thank you's to DragonFlyLady for correcting my many mistakes. Without you, my dear, I'd just sound like a complete moron.
In the last chapter where we left Joan/Buffy molesting Spike at the Bronze….

Her body sang with desire, hummed with the need to be in his arms; the need to claim what was rightfully hers was so strong Joan nearly wept with frustration. She stood silently as he unfolded himself from the cracked vinyl booth to stand mere inches from her trembling body. There was nothing to say, no pretense, no awkward pleasantries. Instead, Joan melted into his embrace and felt as though she were finally home.

Tilting her face up to his, she whispered one solitary word before claiming his lips.

“Mine.”

On with the story...

His scent permeated her senses; filling her with passion, desire and the overwhelming need to rub her body against his in a desperate attempt to never be without the smoky sensuality that was undeniably masculine. His lips traced along her jaw line, his breath tickled the tiny hairs on her delicate skin and the rough pads of his fingertips gently skimmed across the heated flesh of her thigh as he stealthily slipped his hand beneath the hemline of her skirt.

The world around them had disappeared. Gone were the pulsating lights, throbbing music and crowded dance floor. The only thing that mattered, the only thing that existed at that moment was the two of them and their passion for one another.

Joan’s body hummed with desire, trembled with need as he pressed his body roughly against hers so that the hardened length pressed firmly against her heated center. Her overheated skin prickled with chill bumps as he traced his fingers lightly across the heated flesh of her quivering thighs and teased along the lacy edge of her very sensible white cotton panties as his rebelious hand wandered beneath her skirt to tease her mercilessly. His smell enveloped her; suffocated her with raw male sensuality and made her yearn to lick each tender spot of perfumed flesh. The intoxicating smell had her dizzy with desire.

Joan’s kisses had just dipped past his jawbone to his neck, a tender slip of pale flesh was tucked gently between her teeth when her mind was flooded with a gruesome image of blood and torn flesh. Shocked by the gory image now burned in her memory and disgusted by the twisted excitement racing through her veins, Joan pulled away from Spike’s hold.

Glancing nervously from Spike to his friends and back to Spike, she took a tentative step backwards, stumbled ever so slightly, and pressed a trembling hand to her passion swollen lips while shaking her head slightly.

“I…oh, I’m…” She stammered, the words she desperately wanted to say refused to come out of her mouth. The apologies for her behavior and the questions…oh there were so many questions filling her mind. Questions about the need she felt to be with Spike, questions about the bloody images racing through her mind,questions about her body’s sick response to said images remained bottled up inside as she stood there like a deer caught in headlights. Joan opened her mouth once more but only managed a few undecipherable syllables before giving up completely. Tears welled in her eyes, hot and stinging they threatened to spill over her lashes. Joan shook her head as if the motion explained her behavior, turned on her heel and fled the dance club.

For a brief second Spike thought about giving chase, but quickly supressed the idea. While he still wasn’t one hundred percent sure this was his Buffy, having her tongue down his throat the past couple of minutes and her quick unexplained departure were remarkably reminiscent of their sexual past. Deciding to let her come to him, Spike reached down and casually readjusted the ramrod straight erection painfully pressing against the zipper of his well worn black jeans. He dug into the back pocket, produced a crumpled pack of cigarettes and sighed as he reclaimed his seat.

Several weeks passed, the vibrant green leaves slowly began to die and filled the trees with bursts of citrus orange and deep patches of red that resembled puddles of drying blood. The darkness of night gradually came earlier each evening and the midnight air became crisper as summer began to fade away into fall. From her perch, Joan surveyed a partially green leaf, twirled it between her fingers and felt a familiar twinge of sadness wash over her as she realized just how many months had slipped past without any clue as to who she was in her former life. She had experienced nothing but a few flickers of a broken memories with the exception of the strong feelings invoked by the presence of Spike. Being near him sent her emotions spiraling out of control, leaving her confused and tightly coiled with desire. Being near him frightened her beyond belief.

So, she wondered, why was she hiding in the shadows in a tree not far from his bedroom window? Well, that was a question that would obviously remain unanswered until her memories returned.

Shrouded in the safety of shadows, darkened further by the moonless night, she waited patiently for him to return home as she had done every night for nearly a month. Four long weeks had passed since the night she’d left him breathless and confused at the Bronze. Since then she had avoided his calls as stealthily as she had stalked him every single night. Her well planned daily routine had turned into going to bed at an unheard of hour just to slip out the window and into the darkness to spend her nights perching outside his window. And yet, after all these nights she was still confused by the need to do so. It was as if her body craved him. Spike was her drug, but she stayed away from him because she refused to be helpless against the addiction.

Night after night she waited for him and was baffled by the strange hours he kept. Emerging from the house clothed head to toe in black to disappear into the shadows of the night only to return as the morning suns rays began to burn their way through the pitch black sky. One night she’d tried to follow him, but had given up when he’d disappeared into a nearby graveyard. Something about that location had sent chills down her spine and filled her stomach with dread. She’d attempted again the next night only to dejectedly watch him take the same route as the evening before. After those failed attempts Joan had taken strictly to perching in her tree…and occasionally slipping in through the open window to his bedroom.

In the hours Spike was missing, Joan had fondled his clothing, snooped through his personal items and napped in his bed. Each and every nook and cranny had been thoroughly examined, with the exception to the enormous wooden trunk in the closet. The lock had looked old but had proven to be stronger than it appeared because she’d tried many times to get the blasted thing opened. Joan had toyed with the idea of bringing tools with her next time, but realized that by doing so would most certainly gain the attention of his father who was always sleeping peacefully in the next room.

Bored with the leaf, Joan released it watched as it twirled and floated towards the ground slowly. As it landed on the ground below, she noticed Spike in the distance. Surprised to see him home already, she checked her watch and confirmed that sunrise was still many hours away. Joan sat up straighter as he ambled up the walkway and entered the darkened house. She watched anxiously as his bedroom was flooded with light. Her stomach tightened with anxiety, her core trembled with barely contraisted sexual desire as she watched him strip off his shirt, stretch his arms above his head and cracked his neck; all of which gave her a delicious view of the sinewy muscles of his torso.

Coiled with anticipation, Joan moved from a seated pose to a squat like position, one hand lightly grasping a limb and the other pressed against the trunk for support. Dressed head to toe in black, her blonde hair didn’t stand out as much due to the moonless night sky which allowed her to blend in with the shadows provided by the limbs and leaves. Curiousity was driving her mad. She’d gone too long without her drug and now her body was punishing her for it. Her mouth watered, stomach clenched and thighs ached with longing.

Before she was aware of her actions, her body was once again moving of its own accord. She slipped from the tree, stealithy landing on the ground below with very little sound and shimmied up the lattice work to perch on the roof beneath Spike’s open window. She slowly eased closer and closer towards the casement, each step just as quiet as the one before it, until her hand rested lightly on the cream colored wood. Holding her breath, she watched him from behind as he took off his muddy combat boots and flicked them across the room, followed by a pair of well worn socks, before disappearing into the bathroom.

Both hands were on the windowsill now, grasping so tightly that it bordered on painful. She couldn’t take the separation any longer. Against her better judgement, Joan slipped just inside the window and froze as he reappeared in the bedroom.

Their gazes connected. Arctic blue lazers bore into her soul and fueled her desire. Her hunger rose.

“I can’t stop thinking about you.” Joan said softly.

All the questions he had longed to ask her over the past few weeks were no longer necessary. His emotions and desires took him over. Spike crossed the room in two strides. He stared down into her hazel eyes hungrily before sweeping her into his arms and devouring her like a starving man. Their arms tangled in one another’s, struggling to remove the few clothes that separated her flesh from his. Her shirt disappeared in a matter of seconds, giving way to his strong grasp with a sharp tear of the fabric before being tossed over his head to land on the table lamp.

Joan mewled with longing as his hands caressed the bare skin of her back before sliding down to cup her buttocks and lift her up closer to him. Spike stumbled momentarily on one of his boots laying on the floor before regaining his balance long enough to press her body against the wall by the windows. Her legs wrapped around his narrow waist, his erection pressing wonderfully against her throbbing center.

Joan’s nails scraped against the flesh of his back as she rubbed herself against him in an attempt to relieve the mounting pressure between her legs. Breaking the kiss, she suckled at his neck, once again nipping along the pulsating blue vein that lay just below the pale flesh. Fire raced through her veins, her heart raced, making her dizzy and on the verge of blacking out, desire swam through her body and the need to possess Spike mounted to the point of pain. Her breathing became labored and her body tingled all over, her vision darkened with a bloodred haze. Overwrought with what she thought was passion, Joan didn’t think twice before sinking her teeth into Spike’s neck.

Vicious hunger burned through her body. It was as if she’d gone without food and was bordering on starvation. Ripping at his flesh, Spike’s screams never penetrated Joan’s mind as she tore at his jugular and lapped up the hot blood that spurted against her face; coating her cheeks and chin before pouring down her neck to land onto the black lace bra that covered her heaving breasts.
Spike’s vision began to dim from the sudden blood loss, his body swayed slightly as he tried to push away from Joan. His body screamed with pain as he stumbled away from the wall, Joan’s tiny body still clutched to his like a lifeline. His hands clawed at her body as he fought against her attack. His attempts at escape were finally successful, with the exception that his struggling caused her teeth to do more damage and now he was bleeding profusely. Using the last bit of strength left in his body, Spike flung her tiny frame across the room where she landed with a loud thud against the wall. Pictures fell to the floor amidst the dry wall confetti from where the wall had given way from the impact. Spike slid to the floor as his hand pressed shakily against the ghastly wound on his neck. The last thing he saw before darkness overcame him was the sight of a blood covered Joan partially slumped into the broken wall, her face a mix of blood and tears as she sobbed.


Chapter End Notes:
Questions? Comments? Feel free to review. LOL