Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize for the delay with this story. Like I stated on my other story, beta's were few far and really not getting back to me. So without further ado, here is the long awaited Chapter 3. I will be posting Chapter 4 soon (maybe today 10/19/10). And this is only revised by me and my great editing program! Anything else let me know!



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Blood Ties: Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 3 – Revelation
Every Warrior of the Light have felt afraid of going into battle.
Every Warrior of the Light has, at some time in the past, lied or betrayed someone.
Every Warrior of the Light has trodden a path that was not his.
Every Warrior of the Light has suffered for the most trivial of reasons. Every Warrior of the Light has, at least once, believed he was not a Warrior of the Light.
Every Warrior of the Light has failed in his spiritual duties.
Every Warrior of the Light has said 'yes' when he wanted to say 'no.'
Every Warrior of the Light has hurt someone he loved.
That is why he is a Warrior of the Light, because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is.
~ Paulo Coelho from Warrior of the Light









Sunnydale, California June of 2010



Immortal Defenders of Balance
First entry, by ‘Cat’ Catherine Chloe James – Pratt




Ten years have since passed that it was decided a journal for our family, and the Defenders of Balance should be started. I chose to go first. Although, my sister wanted to be the first, and well, in the end we drew straws—I won.


Who are we? We consist of quite a lot of families—James’, Pratt’s, Winters’, Harris’s, Maclay-Rosenberg’s, James-Giles’, Schuylers’, Solus’, McNamara’s, Davidson’s, Osbourne’s, Wyndam-Price’s, Addison-Lehane’s, Lawson’s, and the Gunn’s.


We are all scattered across the globe. However, my family, and my sister’s family resides in Sunnydale, California. At one time we were all stationed in known ‘hot spots’, but things have changed over the years. I know you’re thinking what these hot spots are. They are Hellmouth’s that attract evil. Straight to the point—we're supernatural beings put on this world to Defend the Balance by stopping evil from taking over the world. We keep things balanced because we can’t take evil completely out of the world. It would be fantastic if the world consisted of just good, but then that would be unrealistic. We defend those that don’t know of this type of world or rather stay in denial by helping keep the supernatural worlds’ secret. This is our legacy, and our words that we share.


Our journey started when time was turned back from 2004 to 2001. As amazing as that was—it was harder to believe that two Orders' of Vampire families had intermingled with soon-to-be Immortal humans and not to mention literally changed two Vampire lines, well a few, from their previous line. It was a simple re-siring from the line that kept their souls. It's quite remarkable actually. However, before getting into those minor details let me take you to the beginning. To understand my growing family and friends, I must start at the beginning.


My name is ‘Cat’ Catherine Chloe James – Pratt. I was born in a Los Angeles hospital on January 19, 1981, but grew up in Santa Maria most of my life with my adoptive parents Keera and Darien James. My family had grown exponentially over the years. We had friends that we loved dearly that departed from us tragically, but leaving their children behind. These children I grew up with became my closest friends as well as my family. Though, as we grew older we met our mates. That will be discussed throughout.


We had a great life living in Santa Maria until one dark day when the world was near destruction that my family and friends lives changed forever. What we thought would be the battle for our very lives, actually turned out to be a turn-back-time journey that would irrevocably change us all–especially me.


My family, friends, and I have been through a great deal over the many years. Save for going back in time, there was nothing we hadn’t already contended with. Turning back time, Defenders of Balance, Warriors of Light, Witches, Shape-Shifters, Living Vampires, Werewolves, Living Werepires, Demons, Empathic abilities, Telekinesis, and any other supernatural ability or beings—will strike those as strange or deny what they don’t wish to know. We considered ourselves as extraordinary beings that were outside the realm of humans who chose to live their lives in denial—living in normalcy. My life was living, learning, and bringing those around us together, but still maintaining some secrecy of our world. We needed to blend, which required magic or moving around to avoid questions. Sunnydale, California is the exception as it holds the most power and those living there among us keep our secret, as they have all sworn to do so. We live our lives as humans do, but we defend the balance—so essentially we are like humans yet beyond normalcy. By no means is my life normal as my sister once pined away for. My life is extraordinary. She wanted normalcy, but yet, she couldn't live without the power of the Slayer.


A Slayer, quite simply put—is a chosen defender, a warrior to protect the innocents from evil and to maintain peace or balance. Although my sisters' teachings were different than mine, you'll just have to deal. She was taught that all things that ‘go bump in the night’ are all evil. Hey, not my saying! Nevertheless, it is true to some extent. It all depends on how, and what they were born into. If you are considering vampires and if not—it all boils down to the race of the demon. Is it peaceful or evil? Slayers, like me, are able to see each demon for what they are. For example: Is their intention to do evil or can they be rehabilitated? My sister learned differently. I guess with my background of living with living vampires it made it easier?


It took a bit of time to have Buffy Anne Summers, my sister, to change her ways. I sadly feel that her watcher, Rupert Giles had been completely misled. He took even longer to convince. The Council, and even Angel, really did a number on them all. I really sympathize with them, but not one of them except for Dawn, Joyce, and Spike did they question the real hard truth.


The Watcher's Council was about control, deception, malice and just plain bigotry. These teachings would have to condone what murder's, rapists, or evil vindictive humans plotted against the human race. Now I didn't execute a human nor would I. I was smart enough to put them away for a long time when they crossed my path. This thinking that all supernatural creatures should be put down is where I drew the line.


Why would we let the peace loving demon die when he did nothing wrong? Yet, allow the man who brutally raped a teenage girl continue to live? This was how it was and it took time to overcome and re-teach a new way, a new credence. Overall it was a struggle, but I say with absolute confidence that it was worth every moment.


I will never forget that day my family's lives had changed. This moment changed both Buffy's and my life forever. There was a time I didn't even know I had a sister that existed. Yet, deep inside me, I'd known I was missing a part of myself. My life changed for the better. Aside from finding my mate Ronin, re-uniting with my sister gave me this incredibly happy fulfilled feeling.


I know Buffy is extremely happy about the outcome over the years, but she would see this as a bad omen to impending doom. Still, unlike her, I see this as a new era…A Revelation. I see the good and the balance we impress on those around us.


We changed the world. Demons who want to live in peace live among us now. We all work together and defeat those who rebel the balance. We have embraced our destinies and fulfilled the long awaited lost prophecy…


The Immortal Defenders of Balance


The last battle instigated,
With the heavenly winged one's vendetta,
Thy evil took the cup.
Higher Realms did they engage,
Orchestrating with time and space,
Powers times two,
Power sent through time,
Righting wrongs,
Power sent with destiny.
Blood linked with thy sister.
Balance they claimed.
Together as one,
The link joined times three.
Births of a new renewed hope
Stand tall stand true
A new era
Immortal Defenders of Balance
Bringers of a new life



Prophecies were undeniably not loved by most of us, but this one, among a few that we came across over the years, gave us hope. Hope that not all prophecies were only about a horrible fate, but optimistic probabilities. Let me take you back. Like I said, it was the dawning of a new era.