Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry for the HUGE delay. Some family problems I've been dealing with on top of the move. I'm going to try and post again soon, but I don't want to promise anything. Won't be to long of a wait though. But since I did have you guys wait, in this chapter, I'm giving you all what you've been waiting for. SPUFFYNESS
A series of cheers and groans rang out through the Summers house. Buffy couldn’t stop smiling when she saw the ball land in the cup. Angel and Xander cursed as they slammed their fists on the table while Spike shot his arm in the air and yelled out, “Yeah!!!”

Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist and spun her around. She giggled as she hugged him close. Spike finally put her down, but didn’t let go of her. They stood their smiling at each other with their foreheads touching.

“I knew you could do it.” Spike whispered. His smile grew bigger when Buffy blushed and bit her lip. They didn’t care that everyone was watching them, all they cared about was each other.

Buffy and Spike broke out of their trance when a throat was being cleared next to them. They turned to see Angel standing there with his arms crossed. Spike leaned up and smirked at his friend.

“Yes Peaches?”

“Me and you, upstairs. NOW!”

“Ohhhh!” people around them sang. Spike let out a sigh and rolled his eyes. He turned back to Buffy and said, “I’ll be right back kitten.”

Buffy nodded with a smile, she was to happy to care about what her brother wanted to talk to Angel about. Buffy began to walk towards the kitchen when she was stopped by Cordelia rushing up to her.

“Tell me that did NOT just happen??” Cordelia cried.

Buffy nodded her head with a smile and a giggle. The brunette squealed as she jumped up and down.

“Come on! We HAVE to celebrate!” Cordelia exclaimed as she grabbed Buffy’s wrist and dragged her to the back yard.

***

Buffy looked over her outfit then headed down the stairs. The house was empty, just like she wanted. But it wasn’t easy. Everyone wanted to be there to see them off on their first date. But she politely reminded them she was seventeen, not twelve. They all agreed but made Buffy promise to call with all the details. Then there was Angel.

Darla had to practically drag Angel out of the house. Apparently after the little ‘talk’ Angel had with Spike, he decided he was he was going to do the same with Buffy. He sat her down and explained to her that yes, Spike was his best friend, but she was his sister, and though he knew how she felt about Spike, he was still worried. Buffy just gave him a hug, told him she loved him and then told him to leave.

Buffy smiled at the memory as she picked up her purse. She froze when she heard a knock at the door.

***

Spike ran his hand over his face one last time and decided he was going to stop acting like a ponce and knock on the door. He had been standing there for ten minutes trying to work the courage to knock.

*This is stupid* Spike thought. *It’s Buffy. One of you’re best friends, not like you haven’t hung out before*

Spike took one last deep breath and knocked on the door. *Now that wasn’t so...*

All thoughts left Spike’s mind when Buffy opened the door. There she stood looking like a goddess. She had on black heels that made her tan legs looked like silky and smooth. She wore a plain black spaghetti strap black dress that stopped mid thigh. Her hair was curled into tight ringlets and her makeup was light, showing her natural beauty. Spike let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and smiled.

“’ello gorgeous.”

Buffy blushed and looked down. “I got this for you,” Spike said as he held out his hand.

Buffy looked up and smiled. She took the single red rose and said, “Thank you. Why don’t you come in and I’ll put this in water?”

Spike nodded and walked into the house. Buffy closed the door behind him and mouthed, ‘Oh my god!’ He looked good enough to eat. He was wearing a pair of black dress pants with a silk dark blue button up shirt that brought out his eyes, and his hair was tightly slicked back making Buffy want to run her fingers through it.

“So where are we going?” Buffy asked as she put the rose into a glass of water in the kitchen.

Spike smiled and asked, “How do you feel about Italian?”

***

“So how do you think it’s going?” Willow asked with a smile. She was at the Bronze with Oz, Cordy, Xander, Darla and Angel.

“I don’t want to talk about it!” Angel mumbled as he drank his beer. “Aww, sweetie. It’s ok.” Darla said as she rubbed his back.

“I personally think they’ll have a great time.” Cordelia stated. “And I’m happy for them. It’s about time Spike opened his damn eyes and saw Buffy.”

“Oh!” Willow cried out as she bounced up and down on her chair. “Do you think they’ll kiss?!”

“I’ll kill him!” Angel exclaimed.

“It really bothers you doesn’t it?” Oz asked.

Angel shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. I mean, it’s my little sister and my best friend. I’m happy she’s happy, just.... she’s STILL my little sisters!” Angel exclaimed.

Everyone laughed and shook their heads. “Don’t feel bad big guy,” Xander started. “Who knows, maybe they won’t work out!” Angel huffed then got up and stormed towards the bar.

***

Spike and Buffy walked out of the restaurant in silence. The dinner was delicious, but awkward. They talked about normal things, school, her music, but nothing about their feelings. If Buffy didn’t know any better, she’d say this was just like when they were friends but only with fancy clothes.

“That was a great dinner Spike, thank you.” Buffy said softly as they approached his car.

Spike smiled and opened the car door for her. Buffy got inside as Spike raced to the drivers side. They drove in silence for a minute before Buffy let out a sigh and turned to Spike.

“Why is this so awkward?”

Spike let out a breath. He was relieved something was finally said, “I don’t know, pet.”

“I mean, it’s not like we haven’t gone out alone before.” Buffy stated.

Spike nodded and said, “Right.”

“And we... like each other... right?” Buffy asked hesitantly.

Spike looked over at her and smiled again. “Right.”

Buffy blushed and looked down at her hands. “So no more awkwardness!” Buffy exclaimed. Spike chuckled, she was to adorable.

“Ok. We’ll be ok by the next date.” Buffy’s smile grew as she looked at him. “Next date?” she asked shyly.

Spike smirked at her then looked back at the road. They sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the way. But the nervousness came right back to Buffy when they pulled up outside her house. This was the end of the date. The inevitable kiss or no kiss would happen.

Buffy was thrown from her thoughts when Spike opened her door for her. She smiled up at him as she got out. They walked towards the porch in silence.

“So, will it be very cliche if I say I had a good time tonight?” Buffy asked as they stopped at her front door.

Spike chuckled as he nodded his head. “Probably. But I’m glad you did. I had a good time too.”

Buffy smiled and looked down. Words couldn’t describe how happy she was right now. “So how’s Wednesday night for you?” Spike asked. He was trying to calm his nerves because all he could think about was how badly he wanted to kiss her.

Buffy looked up at smiled. “Sounds great. Where are we going?”

“Amusement Park is in town, and I know how much you like it.” Buffy’s face lit up. “Yeah! That sounds great!”

“Ok well, ah. I guess I’ll see you in school tomorrow.” Spike said.

Buffy nodded her head. Her palms were sweaty, her knees were weak and the inside of her head was screaming, ‘PLEASE KISS ME’.

Spike coughed lightly then said, “Well goodnight.”

Buffy frowned as he turned around and walked away. “Goodnight,” she said softly.

***

Spike laid in his bed staring at the ceiling. He couldn’t get over how beautiful Buffy looked tonight and how stupid he was for not kissing her. “Stupid git!” Spike mumbled to himself. He rolled over and looked at the clock. 12:57 a.m. A small smile started to form on Spike’s face as an idea popped into his head. He quickly shot up out of his head and started to get dressed.

***

“So he didn’t kiss you?!” Willow cried from the other end of the phone.

“No, and I REALLY wanted him to!” Buffy groaned. She was lying on her bed in a pair of gray pajama pants and a green tank top.

“Maybe he was nervouse,” Willow suggested.

Buffy twirled the cord around her finger and said, “Yeah maybe. But not as nervous as me. I mean, I actually thought I was going to pee myself at one point!” Willow giggled.

“That would have made a lasting impression!!”

Buffy laughed and said, “I know right!”

A tapping noise came from her window and she looked over. There on the roof was Spike smiling and waving to her. “Ugh, Will. I have to go.” Buffy said as she sat up.

“Why what’s the matter?” Willow asked confused.

“Spike’s at my window.” Buffy stated.

Willow squealed and said, “Call me back as SOON as he leaves! I don’t freaken care what time it is!”

Buffy quickly agreed and hung up the phone. She opened the bedroom window and said, “You know, my mom’s not here. You could have knocked on the front door. Or just used your key!”

Spike climbed in and said, “Oh yeah. Well, you know, habit. Who were you on the phone with?”

“Willow.” Spike smirked and said, “Talking about me?” Buffy raised an eyebrow and said, “Ego much?” Spike chuckled.

“So what’s up?” Buffy asked as she moved across the room to her door. She wanted to close it all the way just in case Angel was awake. Yeah he knew Spike often came over in the middle of the night, but now that they were dating he might act differently.

*Are we dating?* Buffy thought.

“Well I was thinking,” Spike said softly.

Buffy turned around and leaned against the door. “Yeah? What about?”

*Please don’t say you regret taking me out*

“About how much of a wanker I am,” he said as he rubbed the back of his neck and walked closer to him.

Buffy looked at him confused. “And why are you a ... ‘wanker’.... as you call it?”

Spike took one final step forward and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “Because I didn’t kiss you on our first date.”

Buffy swallowed as her heart began to pound in her chest. She couldn’t do anything but stand there as Spike leaned closer to her. Buffy closed her eyes and when their lips met, a jolt of electricity went through the both of them. Within seconds Spike was pressing his body against hers and her hands were tangled in his hair. Spike moaned when Buffy opened her mouth, allowing his tongue access. The kiss seemed to last forever. They finally broke apart when oxygen became an issue. The couple stood there with their foreheads leaning together and panting.

“Damn,” Spike said between breaths. “That’s what I missed out on?”

Buffy nodded with a smile as she bit her lip.

“Best make sure I never miss out on that again.” Spike said with a smile. Buffy giggled and said, “I think I can help with that.”

Spike chuckled just before he leaned in and caught her lips again.


Chapter End Notes:
so???? reviews!!?