Author's Chapter Notes:
im back everyone!! hehe hope you all didn't miss me to much!! not with out further ado.. THE NEXT CHAP!
Buffy walked through her back door with tears running down her face. She walked all the way from Spike’s house and didn’t bother to look back. She was so angry and upset, because of her father, because of the shirt, and this should be the happiest night of her life. She just lost her virginity to a man she had been in love with her entire life. It was amazing, and perfect and now she couldn’t stop crying again.

Buffy looked up as she closed her back door to see a flower arrangement with balloons sitting on the kitchen counter. She rubbed her arms from the chill as she walked over to the counter. There was a card on top of the arrangement she plucked off. It read ‘SORRY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. DAD’

Buffy put the card down onto the table then slid the arrangement to the edge where it fell over to the trash can. She quietly walked into the dining room. “Buffy?” Joyce Summers called from the living room. “Is that you sweetie?” Buffy looked up from the ground to see Joyce walking into the room. “Sweetie, Willow’s on the phon... Buffy? What’s wrong?”

Buffy looked up as fresh tears ran down her face. She started to sob uncontrollably again as she fell into her mother’s arms. “Willow I think you should come over here now!” Joyce said into the phone before dropping the phone to hold her sobbing daughter.

***

Spike swallowed down one of the many shots he had taken since he had shown up at Willy’s bar. He had tried to call Buffy’s cell phone only to find out that it was left on his bedroom floor. Must of fell out when she was rushing out. Or before they..

Spike squeezed his eyes shut. He couldn’t believe how one minute she was laying in his arms smiling and the next crying and screaming because of him. He held back his tears as he remembered how good she felt and how right it all seemed. Before it all went down to hell. He had completely forgotten about Drusilla’s shirt until he found it in his closet earlier. Why didn’t he just throw it away? Why did he feel he had to give it back to her?

“Another one!” Spike shouted to the bartender as flashes from earlier that night went through his head.

“Ugh, I think you’ve had enough pal. Besides, anyone finds out you’re a minor I can get in trouble,” Willy the bartender stated. Spike looked up at him with glassy eyes and a drunken glare. “Just pour the shot, mate,” Spike slurred.

Willy just shook his head and poured another shot. Tears finally sprung his eyes when he heard Buffy’s sweet voice whisper ‘I love you’. Then flashes of her heartbroken face came to his mind and a tear slid down his face.

He held the shot up saluting Willy. “Ain’t love grand!” he said before he swallowed the liquid. He looked into the empty shot glass as more tears came down his face.

“And hear I wonder,” a voice from behind him says. Spike twirls his head around and looks up. “What possible catastrophe came crashing down from heaven and brought this dashing man to tears?”

Spike swallowed as he stared with a drunken gaze.

***

“So what did he say?” Willow asked.

Buffy sniffed and said, “He said he found it in his closet and threw it under the bed so I wouldn’t see it.” “But why didn’t he just throw it away?” Joyce asked.

All three of them were sitting on the couch with Buffy in the middle. They were curled up under a blanket drinking cups of hot coco. Buffy shrugged. “He said he was going to call her and give it back to her.” Joyce just nodded her head and sipped her coco. “Do you guys think I over reacted? Do you think I should have just.. you know.. let it go?” Buffy asked.

“Honestly?” Willow asked skeptically.

Buffy nodded her head vigorously. Willow pressed her lips together and said, “Just a little. I mean, you didn’t even listen to him.” “I was upset,” Buffy stated. “Yes, but sweetie, were you more upset with him over the shirt or upset about your father?”

Buffy looked away confused. After a couple seconds Buffy groaned and put her head in her hands. “God, I really screwed up didn’t I?”

Willow shook her head as she rubbed Buffy’s back. “No. No you didn’t. You had a rough day, and it’s your birthday. Talk about stress-o-rama.”

“Yes, hunnie. Besides, has Spike ever given you a reason to not trust him?” Buffy shook her head.

“Then what’s the problem?” Willow asked.

Buffy bit her lip. She knew exactly what the problem was. “Do you think he loved Drusilla more then he loves me?” she asked with teary eyes. “Oh sweetie, no!” Joyce exclaimed as she hugged her daughter close.

“Buffy, don’t be stupid! Spike loves you so much, much more the Drusilla!” Willow responded. Buffy sniffled and just nodded her head. “Why don’t you call him?” Willow asked.

Joyce nodded her head as Buffy pulled away. “That sounds like a good idea.”

Buffy whipped her eyes and nodded her head. Her hand went to her right pocket and felt around. No cell phone. Left pocket no cell phone. Buffy let out a sigh.

“Must have fallen out of my pocket at his house. I probably have like a million missed calls from him,” Buffy mumbled as she sat up and grabbed the house phone from the table. “We’ll give you some privacy,” Joyce said as her and Willow got up and walked out of the room.

Buffy stared at the phone for what seemed like hours. Something that use to be so easy to her now seemed so hard. She had acted like a complete bitch, freaked out for no reason. But all of those old insecure feelings came back when she saw that shirt. Did Spike love Drusilla more? Did he keep it for a real reason? Buffy finally shook all the bad thoughts out of her head and dialed his cell phone. It went right to voicemail. She let out depressed sigh and waited for the beep.

“Hey Spike it’s Buffy. Um, I.. I know I acted like a major, well, bitch. And I just um, I want to talk about it. And ugh, apologize. So um, if you could ugh, call me back. Or if you don’t want to. I understand. Um, well. I’ll talk to you later. I love you.”

Buffy hung up the phone and stared at it again. He had probably turned off his phone when and if he realized she left her phone at his house. She tried to call his house but all it did was ring. Buffy looked up when she saw Willow come into the room.

“Did you talk to him?” Buffy shook her head as she said, “No, it went right to his voicemail and he didn’t pick up the house phone.”

“Where do you think he is?” Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “Probably out getting drunk somewhere.”

Willow looked at Buffy with wide eyes. Buffy looked at her friend then rolled her eyes. “My boyfriends an alcoholic, I know this.”

Willow just nodded. “Maybe this is better.”

Buffy looked at her friend confused. “Well, I mean, give you guys the night to cool off then you can go over there first thing tomorrow and you guys can talk. When everything isn’t so fresh in the mind.”

Buffy nodded her head. “Maybe you’re right.” Willow smiled