“Buffy come on, it’ll be fun I swear!!” Willow begged. “I don’t know Will, I’m just not in the mood to hang out,” Buffy said with a sigh. Willow’s shoulders sagged as she looked over her best friend.

She was lying in her bed in a pair of sweat pants and a oversized t-shirt watching reruns of ‘Friends’. “Buffy, sweetie,” Willow began as she kneeled down onto the end of the bed. “This isn’t good for you. You do nothing but go to school and come home to watch reruns of old shows.”

“Friends is a good show!” Buffy defended. “Not the point! You watch the show, see how Monica and Chandler get together and start crying over you and Spike.” Buffy looked away to hide the tears from her eyes.

“You talked to Angel last night, he told you everything Spike told him, so why don’t you try talking to him?” Willow asked. Buffy looked back at her friend with raised eyebrows. “I thought this was a mission to get me to come out, not to talk about Spike?”

Willow let out a huff. “Fine. I didn’t want to have to do this, but you forced me.” Willow stated as she stood up and walked towards Buffy’s bedroom door. Buffy sat up quickly and looked at her friend with a worried expression. “Willow? What are you doing?”

Buffy’s eyes went wide when Willow walked back into the room followed by Darla holding a brush, Cordelia holding clothes, Oz holding shoes, Xander with her make-up bag and Angel with a bat. Buffy looked at her brother with a shocked expression. Angel smirked at her and said, “Oh yeah. You better believe it.”

Willow looked over at all her friends then back at Buffy and gave a winning smile.

***

“This is fun! Isn’t this fun!!” Willow exclaimed as she looked around the Bronze with huge smile on her face. “Oh sure! Being threatened to get beaten with a baseball bat or come out to the Bronze, loads of fun!” Buffy said sarcastically. Willow shrugged. “You’re lucky it was the bat.”

Angel nodded. “Yeah I wanted to hose you down but Willow and Mom yelled at me” he stated with a smirk. Buffy let out a little laugh and shook her head. “You are such a loser.”

“Well I for one am glad you’re out tonight Buffy,” Darla stated. “I’ve been missing my Buffy time!” Buffy gave the girl a small smile and looked down at her drink.


The group sat there in silence as they listened to the band play. “I got to go get ready sweetie, I’ll talk to you later,” Oz said as he kissed Willow on the cheek and walked away. Buffy looked up confused. “What’s he getting ready for?” “So Buffy you going to sing tonight?” Xander asked quickly.

She looked over at him with a confused look. “Um, I don’t think so.” “Have you even written anything lately, since you know, you’ve been ubber depressed over Spike?” Cordelia asked.

“My girlfriend ladies and gentleman.” Xander stated.

Buffy let out a sigh. “I’m going to go get another drink,” she said softly as she stood up and walked away from the table. “Cordelia, can you be anymore of a bitch?” Angel asked with attitude. Cordelia looked at him dumbfounded. “What did I say?” she asked innocently.

Buffy waited at the bar for her drink when she heard the announcement that ‘Open Mic’ was starting. She looked over at the entrance when she heard the door slam and couldn’t help but wish Spike would be there. She let out a sigh when she only saw strangers. Buffy turned back to the bar and leaned against it. It was then she heard his voice come over the microphone.

“Um, My name’s Spike, and ugh, I’ll be singing a song tonight that I wrote.” Buffy’s heart skipped a beat when she turned around and saw Spike standing on the stage with his guitar wrapped around his shoulder and Oz and his band standing behind him. She slowly moved closer to the stage as he continued to speak.

Spike swallowed. He was nervous. The only person that had ever heard his songs before was Buffy, and now he was singing in front of a whole crowd of people. For her. It’s all for her. He was taking one last chance at winning her back. Spike knew she was here tonight, Willow promised she would get her here. Now all he had to do was take the chance.

“The song’s called, ‘Goodnight Sweet Girl’,” Spike stated as he looked up into the crowd. That’s when he saw her. She was moving closer to him very slowly with a look of pure shock on her face. Their eyes locked and all the feelings of nervousness went away.

“I wrote this for the love of my life, hoping she’ll forgive me.”

Buffy finally stopped moving and stood in the middle of the dance floor. Tears came to her eyes as she heard the last words come out of his mouth. She watched as Spike gave her one final look then started to play his guitar.

***

Are we done for now
or is this for good
Will there be something in
time with us there should
Only girl for you is me
There can be no other one
If I didn’t have faith
I would come undone

So much promise in your eyes
Seems that I can only see
It always makes me wonder
if you save it all for me
Maybe you do
Maybe you don’t
Maybe you should
Probably won’t
Cause there will be...


***

Buffy watched as he played his guitar perfectly and with such passion. He kept his eyes on her most of the time. He only looked away to look down at his guitar then back up at her. A single tear fell down Buffy’s face and her breath caught in her throat when she heard the next lyrics in the song.

***

There will be other guys
who will whisper in your ear
Say they’ll take away your sadness
and your fears
They may be kind and true
They may be good for you
But they’ll never car for you more
then I do

I’ll be always there
there til the end
I can’t do much but be
your one true friend

To the end
through the end
Our lives to spend
with each other to the end
Of time...


***

Spike saw the tears in Buffy’s eyes which caused tears to form in his own. He never knew he could feel this strongly for one person, and never knew he could feel so empty without her. She was the one for him. That he was sure of, and he could only pray that she was going to give him a second chance.

***

Still see the promise in your eyes
and still wonder if its for me
but I know it’s still there
even when you sleep
So I say
Good night, sweet girl


***

The crowd cheered, clapped and yelled. They loved him, they loved the song. But the only person he cared about was her, the one with golden hair. Spike thanked the crowd, put down his guitar and walked off stage. Buffy was only a few feet away from him, standing in the same spot she had been for the entire song. He let out a breath. At least she wasn’t walking away.

Spike slowly made his way to her, his heart racing in his chest. He finally stopped when he was about five feet in front of her. He wanted to let her make the decision on whether or not she wanted him near.

Buffy watched as Spike made his way closer to her. She had never heard anything more beautiful in her entire life. That song was amazing and for him to write about her was astonishing.

Thoughts were swimming through her head. Everyone around her seemed to disappear and it was only the two of them. She watched as he stopped when he got close. He looked nervous. His hands were in his pockets and he had a look of uncertainty on his face. That’s when she made her decision.

Buffy forgot about everything, walked up to him, put both hands on his face and kissed him.


Chapter End Notes:
TO BE CONCLUDED....